Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 5:32 AM

Nov 2011
More of a personal episode again between Saki and Yuuta. It's interesting to note that Akiko is someone he turns to advice.

Interesting enough, it seems Saki is more open to letting him know more about her with her own problems. Imo, this is a personal development for both characters. Also gotta give credit to Saki's VA for protraying her character so well with her emotions.
Stark700Aug 22, 5:41 AM
Aug 22, 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
Saki may be an indecisive young girl who follows her mother's whims, but this is the first time that she needs to decide for herself.

Still within the Summer heat, Yuta questions Saki's mother Akiko about how her daughter naturally acts, and it fits in line with what he's already expected her to be. And the overly hardworking girl definitely needs a break at times, though Yuta changes his mind to want to follow Narasaka to the pool...and asking Saki for her contact, it's definitely jealousy setting in amidst being polite about a simple matter. Otherwise, the daily life's grind continues like the norm, though Saki is clearly filtering him out of her own burdens as much as possible. But it becomes clear that Yuta asking Saki out to the pool, it's not the pool being the objective, but of the latter coming to terms with her jealousy and making excuses to him, which is contradictory to the rest that she desperately needs.

Unsurprisingly, Yuta asserts what both him and Saki split in their duties when they first become stepsiblings, but this time, he's going to take control and switch gears to do the work that she has done for him prior. A slice of toast, along with crispy slices of ham and some hot milk, Saki smiles for the first time in awhile, and changes her mind to go to the pool. By learning of him better when it comes to the relationship phase, Saki slowly opens herself and expects a good time coming.

Saki's slowly opening herself up to Yuta, which is good to see.
Aug 22, 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Saki made up her mind about a few things but she still needs to open up a bit more.
Ayase is also trying to help her out in her own way but Saki needs a bit more push.
At least things as siblings are going a bit better even tho both the main and Sauki still seem hesitant to each other.
I also wonder about the tapes Saki has she was watching one at the end but tapes like that have been out of use for a long time making me wonder where she even got the tape player from.
Aug 22, 6:46 AM

Jan 2024
Good siblings right there, Yuuta forced himself to got pool because Saki wanted to. Then Saki forced herself to go because she heard Yuuta liked pools.

W scene
Aug 22, 7:05 AM
Feb 2020
Might been just me but felt like this was the most emotion and expressive they 2 have shown so far.Usually they just have that static face all the time.
Aug 22, 7:41 AM

Feb 2019
Uses chop sticks to pick up ham and place it on bread...then picks up bread with hands to eat it....what was the point of the chop sticks exactly?
Aug 22, 8:14 AM
Jun 2022
What's going on with those tapes bro, how dare you show me this and wait another week to find out!
Aug 22, 8:39 AM

Feb 2019
Another very well directed episode. Saki is in her jealous phase and I think the pool trip will do both she and Yuta a world of justice. It’s hot, they’ve been working hard and they both have a thing for water so get out there and have fun.

Saki for the first time in her life is experiencing jealousy and trying to deal with it without making things too awkward between she and Yuta.. wasn’t working out that’s for sure. I thought she was gonna faint when she saw him walking with Shiori there lol. I’m glad he told her they’re not dating so hopefully that just puts an end to things. Of course it takes Yuta making food for saki to really reach her and get her to go to the pool party lol.

I guess the old family tapes at the end of the episode also gave her a little push too. Yuta loved the water growing up and based on his dad’s tone I’m guessing his mom was probably sick at the time? Poor thing
Marinate1016Aug 22, 9:20 AM
Aug 22, 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
this show is aggressively mid
Aug 22, 9:19 AM

Jul 2023
It took some convincing before Saki agreed to go to the beach. It's kind of a defence mechanism to promote sempai when she feels the opposite.

Looks like Yuuta had some bad experience in the beach.
patkarununganAug 22, 2:25 PM
Aug 22, 9:24 AM
Mar 2022
The tapes at the end??? Did Yuta have his own diary? And did Saki find it and is now listening to it? And I wonder how that girl in Yuta class that picked up whatever was on the ground gonna fit in this story. I can see her becoming Saki first real friend bc off first impression they seem to have similar personalities.
Aug 22, 9:30 AM

Aug 2022
Yuuta has succeeded in luring Saki into the pool. And he doesn't need to force Saki, but in his own way that's what makes me admire him.

What a sincere older brother figure Yuuta showed this time. Another great episode.

RafaBryanAug 22, 9:36 AM
Aug 22, 9:33 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
If they make a powerpoint presentation, they could atleast draw the faces every time :3
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 22, 9:34 AM

Dec 2021
Been forgetting to post in this one but oh wells ;p

The pool seems really important to them after this episode. It reminds them of when they were happy kids before things changed. Good job to Yuta for helping Saki out; hopefully, they both enjoy it

Aug 22, 10:35 AM

Aug 2022
actually really liked this episode, My opinion on Saki has been doing backflips all season but this episode made me really like her. Yuuta should have backed down though like I understand he cares about her but dam give her a bit of space.

But I guess it worked out in the end
Aug 22, 10:51 AM

May 2021
wonderful.

saki slowly opening up more and more, really wholesome to see. ep felt v cozy as usual. also, she knows that she is indeed, jealous. direction is great like always.

cute
Aug 22, 11:22 AM

May 2019
I couldn't believe when Yuta went to Saki and asked for Maaya's number, he must've not realized the blunder that was and Saki's response of "no way" confirmed it lol. Also when Shiori leaned onto Yuta's bike and Saki saw that I just knew she would get more jealous vibes but at least she asked him if they were going out (didn't she previously ask that before?) and Yuta confirmed they weren't.

While seeing Saki in a funk was no fun I'm glad that the food and milk that Yuta heated up brightened up her mood enough to want to go to the pool. I think she's realizing that Yuta cares for her and her wellbeing. Side note, it was surprising to see Saki's mom ship them even if she clamed she was just kidding.

One last thing, what's up with the ending scene with Saki listening to some tapes of Yuta and his dad at the beach? I didn't even know people made audio tapes like that and I wonder if she went through some boxes to find them...
Aug 22, 11:23 AM

Aug 2017
Super DREARY show.

SENPAI is the best character.

Can we at least get some hot fan service of the blond Gyaru soon?
Aug 22, 11:38 AM
Apr 2017
i appreciate the asmr in this ep lol
Aug 22, 12:14 PM

Oct 2018
peaceful episode like the others, i like very much this serie
it's smell the "Beach episode" next week ^^
Aug 22, 1:05 PM
Oct 2022
Good lord.. EVERY………SINGLE……INTERACTION……IS ……..LIKE …….PULLING…… TEETH…. Just go ahead and lock me up. I would have killed them both and then myself if I lived in that house. It’s almost like Saki holds every word of a conversation hostage. I say that but Yuya is barely any better. These 2 just need a solid cocaine habit and the problem would be solved lol. They’d be talkin’ up a storm, Saki would finally get to sell her body (of course it would be to buy more cocaine), they’d get a ton of studying done, and everyone would be happy enough to at least get us through the season before their lives fell apart!
The worst part is I really like the show but we’re now 8 episodes in and only about 16 words are spoken per episode. There should be a drinking game that everytime saki or yuya stop frowning we drink! 🍺 🥃 🍸 😂😂😂😂😂
Aug 22, 1:56 PM
Mar 2020
Every week I'm reminded just how incredible this show is. If it weren't for Oshi no Ko, I'd be sure it's the best of the season, and even between them, it's close.

I can't wait to hear all Saki's diary entries covering these most recent events.
Aug 22, 3:10 PM

Aug 2023
love this episode, but seems she's currently in confusion-mode - either want to be lover or little-sister... we will see how next episode it is

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Aug 22, 3:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This may have been the most laid back episode so far, I’m ngl I was feeling a little sleepy watching it but this is not a complaint lol, I was very relaxed. And I gotta say, I wasn’t expecting the pool to not happen this episode, when it was mentioned in the previous one I was thinking “okay, pool episode next week” but then we spent a whole episode convincing Saki to go to the pool lol, but once again that’s not a complaint because I liked this episode a lot. I especially loved the breakfast scene, Saki finally taking that break she deserves and letting Yuuta cook for her was really sweet, and I’m not really a fan of ham but that looked scrumptious even to me lol.

And looks like Saki has been listening to some old tapes from Yuuta and his dad, I’m guessing that played a role in Saki agreeing to go to the pool but it’s also relevant to Yuuta’s past, we’ll probably get more on that eventually, but I’m just wondering where she got the tape lol. And lastly, that glasses babe Yuuta talked to at his cram school surprised me with her cuteness, hope she reappears sometime!
Aug 22, 4:37 PM
Oct 2019
that after credit...hit my kokoro so much
Aug 22, 6:12 PM

Jul 2024
A relaxing episode like usual. It'll be interesting where they go from here since they seem to be showing more emotion with each other
Aug 22, 6:24 PM
Mar 2015
He was able to get her to something she liked by being considerate of her
Aug 22, 6:33 PM

Aug 2022
Unlike what the last episode preview suggested, turns out this episode wasn't about Saki's childhood at all. Instead, the episode focuses on Yuuta's attempts to get Saki to unwind and relax.

- Kid Saki's favorite food wasn't just ice cream, but her mom's homemade beef stew.

- Where was Saki studying this whole time when the apartment's air conditioning unit wasn't working?

- I wonder if Yuuta got to find out from his stepmom what is Saki's absolute favorite thing....

- Oof. Shiori got busted fooling around with Yuuta in public. With how Saki treats Yuuta at work in the next scene, she did not take that little incident lightly.

- We are once again graced with ponytail Saki... though not for long sadly.

- Yuuta's plan to indirectly invite Saki to the pool by having Maaya act as an intermediary fell apart.

- Whatever was on Saki's mind that night, it must have been so heavy that she couldn't sleep until it was morning the next day.

- I'm glad Saki gave Yuuta a chance to cook.

- Yuuta liked his own cooking so much he just ate the meal with his hands directly touching the ham.

- I'm curious to know if any of the food Yuuta prepared became the secret sauce that finally convinces Saki to go have fun at the pool. If so, was it the warm milk? The toast? The grilled ham? The butter?

- "If you two are going out, I want you to come out and tell me." Saki, you already expressed this concern since Episode 5. Saki must really be possessive towards Yuuta. I can only imagine how possessive she'll be once Yuuta becomes her boyfriend.

- Turns out that Saki's study session involves listening to tapes of Yuuta's childhood.
Aug 22, 6:49 PM
Apr 2022
guess we'll be getting a pool scene with sexy bikinis in the next episode
Aug 22, 7:04 PM

Dec 2010
That post-credit scene is pretty mysterious....

Is Saki really listening to Yuta's childhood?

Best parts are clearly the Yukki acting and Saki ponytail and eating scenes

Looks like we also get a new girl on the scene. I wonder how she will impact the dynamics of the duo.

Author's post on ep 8. Really interesting read to know why they cut parts and add stuff not from the novel.

https://x.com/mikawaghost/status/1826619981985185932
booyah10Aug 22, 7:16 PM
Aug 22, 8:05 PM
Jan 2022
HOW MUCH BUTTER DO YOU NEED ON YOUR TOAST GOOD LORD
Aug 22, 8:06 PM
Jan 2022
CarbonMD said:
Super DREARY show.

SENPAI is the best character.

Can we at least get some hot fan service of the blond Gyaru soon?

lol

not that I'd mind
Aug 22, 8:19 PM

Oct 2017
Nice little episode again after the last one with nice interactions with Saki and her getting jealous. Senpai's still the best and most fun to have around but it's been fun watching Saki this episode. Nice interaction with Yuta and saki's mom too. That short flashback with Saki and her mother was very sad though, must have been so hard raising her alone.
Aug 22, 8:26 PM
Oct 2019
I'm just curious, why do they used chopsticks to grab the ham to put it on the bread when they used their hand to eat it anyway.
Maybe it just Japanese thing? lol

But next week we got the Obligatory Pool episode in Anime.
Aug 22, 9:00 PM
Jul 2024
tarfeef101 said:
HOW MUCH BUTTER DO YOU NEED ON YOUR TOAST GOOD LORD

more... Haha. But with grilled ham it's already going to be oily, so I agree.
Aug 22, 10:34 PM

Aug 2014
The animation of him eating the toast was so stupid.. if the animation is the only appeal of this boring show then they should do better.. first he was not even touching the toast with mouth then he was taking bites but the toast was the same size :D same for her toast but she at least looked like she is biting it ;d

also never seen wireless headphones working with old tape player.. where is the cable?.. its not iphone or such...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 22, 10:57 PM
Sep 2015
another great musical
Aug 23, 1:56 AM

Jul 2020
this show has such an incredible mellow atmosphere. I think this is turning out to be my favorite romance of the season, even outshining Alya
Aug 23, 3:21 AM
Jan 2021
insane episode crazy
Aug 23, 4:46 AM
Apr 2024
Wake me up when something happens with this anime
Aug 23, 6:24 AM
Jun 2024
killzone3abc said:

I don't know what it is but this show has Domestic Girlfriend vibes. Both shows creeped me out but I still kept watching soo....

In this show I feel like some good anti-depressants for the MCs would turn it into the ecchi harem romance we all hoped it would be (kidding/not kidding)
Aug 23, 7:45 AM

May 2023
Saki's mother did not spend much time with Saki, which is why Saki really changed into a more mature person.

it's good to see Yuuta can make Saki not to push herself too much and Yuuta managed to make Saki more open than now, finally the relationship between the two of them looks healthier and more open.

and at the end, they talked about habits.
when you realize that you're doing something out of habit on a day you shouldn't be doing it, it suggests that that day is "different" and hints that maybe "things are changing".

another example of what makes this show so good.
Aug 23, 7:52 AM
Jan 2021
funcfish said:
killzone3abc said:

I don't know what it is but this show has Domestic Girlfriend vibes. Both shows creeped me out but I still kept watching soo....

In this show I feel like some good anti-depressants for the MCs would turn it into the ecchi harem romance we all hoped it would be (kidding/not kidding)

DG action had things going on though. Nothing really happens in this show. We spent an entire episode on the MC discovering lofi music. None of the characters speak like real people either.
Aug 23, 9:01 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to killzone3abc
funcfish said:
killzone3abc said:

DG action had things going on though. Nothing really happens in this show. We spent an entire episode on the MC discovering lofi music. None of the characters speak like real people either.
@killzone3abc just once is love to see something like this descend into a slasher/horror series 🤣

Anymore it's like a race to see what show can out Tsundere each other.

It would be cool to have a show where a couple hooks up and is a couple while trying to fix other problems around them.

In other shows couples hook up but just bicker about breaking up/not breaking up. I had to stop watching Spice and Wolf because it was like watching a did functional marriage.
Aug 23, 9:01 AM
Mar 2024
killzone3abc said:
funcfish said:

no people speak like this , you don't know people speak like this , this doesn't mean that there's no people speak like this
and this romantic about the journey of the story
not by episodes
if you didn't see episode 8 . had something from episode 1 , so this show is more meaningful than you thought , i respect your opinion for real , some anime isn't for fun , but for learning new things you didn't know before
Aug 23, 9:56 AM

Jun 2016
i really love saki !!
she is cool
Aug 23, 6:01 PM
Aug 2018
this show started well and just a whole lot of nothing.
its so mid its insane. i'm just reading the comments and seeing like "well directed" "that was entertaining" "i love saki"

BRUH HOW
someone legit enlight me i want to appreciate this show but its so painfully mid...

nothing happens
its all art and landscape
saki is the most akwardly anti social character i've ever seen like holy crap shes beyond saving its like im watching a toddler grow and im some random bloke across the street that should give 0 fuck about the kid.

at this point i just watch in hope something happens at some point. but atm we just watching a lad and his laddie just painfully living the most boring life on existance. Another episode 70% at home taking like 4 mins between sentences
"yes sorry" "my bad" "sorry" like god idk how she so bland flat chest flat brain flat personality is fucking wild she's a menace...

i loved the yamada anime and the guy was bland too but it was offset not only by the girl being bright, but the dude still had some personality in him.
the brother, ion even remember his name at this point dude more flavourless than a water popsicle, is legit explaining to her how hes trying to make her jealous and she just shows 0 emotions. LIKE PLEASE also give me 1 episode where they aren't walking on the side of the road with his fucking bike JUST ONE

the way they try to portray her being overworked/stressed or whatever is just so bad ... Like idk if its the acting or just the shoe but holy if you're tired at least show it a little. she just sleep a little more than usual and bro is like "you should take a break you're really tired" i want to rip my eyes the fucj am i watching like im just baffled theres more spice on that whole piece of bread than her whole character.
xPhelltAug 23, 6:07 PM
Aug 23, 6:14 PM

Jan 2022
Not the mom trauma dumping on Yuta lol

Why didn't Yuta go to the grocery store with her? I will say that it wasn't cool of Saki to not tell Yuta that he was invited to a pool party and instead he found out through someone else. Why did she go to the store if she wasn't going to buy anything? Why aren't any of the parents awake when they get home? I know the mom works late but when was the last time Saki and her mom saw each other?

Idk how people keep saying the animation is good when more than half of the time, its just slow shots or shots of people without faces/defining features while there's a conversation played over it. Imo its lazy. I mean what is the shot at 9:40? Yuta looks stupid as hell, same with 9:43 with Saki AND Yuta looking stupid. I don't understand all the feet and floor shots. Yuta looks dead inside with all the little twinkles and details in his eyes like Saki. All of this is lazy animation!! I don't care what anyone says.

People keep saying this is realistic but its not, why did Saki flinch like that when Yuta passed the butter to her? How many times can she say "let's leave it at that" within 3 minutes.

As for the person who compared this to Domestic Girlfriend...do not disrespect DG like that ever again. This trash will never compare to the juicy drama in DG. How is Saki cool when she says like 5 words per episode??? She has no personality lol maybe seeing a psychiatrist would be beneficial to her...

Another thing, why do people keep saying this is a personality turning point? HOW??? There's been absolutely no progression whatsoever.
cooldogmomAug 23, 6:22 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 23, 6:16 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to xPhellt
this show started well and just a whole lot of nothing.
its so mid its insane. i'm just reading the comments and seeing like "well directed" "that was entertaining" "i love saki"

BRUH HOW
someone legit enlight me i want to appreciate this show but its so painfully mid...

nothing happens
its all art and landscape
saki is the most akwardly anti social character i've ever seen like holy crap shes beyond saving its like im watching a toddler grow and im some random bloke across the street that should give 0 fuck about the kid.

at this point i just watch in hope something happens at some point. but atm we just watching a lad and his laddie just painfully living the most boring life on existance. Another episode 70% at home taking like 4 mins between sentences
"yes sorry" "my bad" "sorry" like god idk how she so bland flat chest flat brain flat personality is fucking wild she's a menace...

i loved the yamada anime and the guy was bland too but it was offset not only by the girl being bright, but the dude still had some personality in him.
the brother, ion even remember his name at this point dude more flavourless than a water popsicle, is legit explaining to her how hes trying to make her jealous and she just shows 0 emotions. LIKE PLEASE also give me 1 episode where they aren't walking on the side of the road with his fucking bike JUST ONE

the way they try to portray her being overworked/stressed or whatever is just so bad ... Like idk if its the acting or just the shoe but holy if you're tired at least show it a little. she just sleep a little more than usual and bro is like "you should take a break you're really tired" i want to rip my eyes the fucj am i watching like im just baffled theres more spice on that whole piece of bread than her whole character.
@xPhellt Yamada develops a better personality in the manga unlike this shit 😭
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 23, 6:16 PM
Feb 2023
For me this teenagers act everyday more like 50 year old people
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

170 by basspig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

90 by basspig »»
Oct 14, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 13, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

116 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.