Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 8, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had a depressing mood cast over it but I'm glad the group is keeping their spirit high.

Trying to keep JELEE's reputation alive is inspiring. Kimura's determination was noticable although she sung out of tune lol. It's time to overcome that fear!
Jun 8, 9:31 AM

Feb 2019
HIDIVE is saying this won't come out until next week....but they've screwed up this show's release before

Edit:

and just like that, it's up now...an hour late
Jun 8, 9:41 AM

Nov 2023
Mahiru and Kano's disagreement causes JELEE to go on hiatus. Now that Mahiru is preoccupied with Yukine's project, Mei and Kiui vow to watch over the place they will return to, doing everything to maintain JELEE's presence. While distributing tissues as part of those activities, Mei encounters Sun-Do's Mello and instinctively calls out to her. Meanwhile, Kiui goes to see Miiko to see what she can do.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jun 8, 9:43 AM

Apr 2016
Man, the group is in disarray, drama's everywhere you look ... random sexual assaults in the broad daylight on the streets, stalker behaviour overload. But will the power of friendship win at the end.

Also the cafe lady manager needs new employees ... like now.
Jun 8, 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
Hands down one of the best episodes I’ve seen in a very long time. I just don’t know where to start with this one. I’m done fighting the recency bias tho, this show’s going in my top 5 all time.

First of all, shoutout to Kiui and Mei for filling in for Kano’s cafe shifts. Real ass friends, sadly they’re retarded and were awful fits for the job 💀 Mei over here freaking out because the customers ordered a “kiss” and Kiui too socially awkward to take orders lmao.

Kano taking some time to be by herself and find out why she wants to sing is valid. After basically being put on this career path as a way to please her mom and then that whole fall out, she hasn’t really had time to sit and sort it out. I still feel so bad for her breakdown last week.

Mahiru up to 100k followers herself now.. good for her ig.. still a snake for last week’s stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

We finally get to see present day Mero.. ngl man she fine as hell. Love girls who dress like her. Mei stalking her at the cafe window and karaoke had me crying tho. There’s no way you should be this good at hunting people down 😭 she’s like one of them idol stalkers who check the reflection in idols’ eyes on their posts to find them.

Was kinda important that she did that though because Mero told her about how she and Kano were singing for Yukine’s sake.

Shame on the losers talking shit about Kano in class. Don’t blame her for walking out at all. Can’t escape the drama at home or at school, gotta feel suffocating.

Mei waiting outside Kano’s apartment for her “friend” not her “idol” was a great scene. Set up Kano coming clean about how she’d “used” Mahiru for her gain as well. The problem I have with this tho is it’s nowhere near what her mom was doing with she and the other girls. Also, even with that, it still don’t make what Mahiru was doing last week ok.

Like sure, they’re both flawed people but one person is clearly more wrong here. Again, doesn’t mean Mahiru is a horrible person. Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine 🤷🏾‍♂️

FORGET ALL THAT THO. The end of this episode was magnificent, sensational, whatever synonym you wanna use I was shaken to the core. Mei is the real MVP of this series rn. I know she a lil slow but she has a heart of gold and literally saved JELEE and Kano with her horrible singing lmaoo. But it reached her idol and that’s all that matters. PLUS “you have to take responsibility for making me fall in love with you” oh my god I LOVE YURI.

Amazing episode I’m shook.
Marinate1016Jun 8, 11:42 AM
Jun 8, 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
Show's continuing to be way too forced and over-the-top for my liking with this, been only getting weaker and weaker for me with each passing episode that the drama's more corny somehow than saddening to watch.
Jun 8, 9:56 AM

Dec 2021
Shizue making a return was nice, though to think she would turn out to be a mukbang YouTuber, lol. And Mei being a stalker... nothing new, though the faces that Mero was making were funny as hell.

I really like how this episode focused more on the hardships and feelings of Kano. I would have expected them to just develop Kano's character, but it's great to see how much Mei has developed as well. And it looks like Kano's got her own little harem lol, with Mahiru and Mei.

Though now it looks like it's time for a Kiwi centered episode.

Jun 8, 9:58 AM
Jun 2020
MEI, YOU ARE THE BEST. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND A FRIEND? LOVER? LIKE THIS
Jun 8, 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
Mei, you absolute unit, good job!

Now I have 5% confidence the anime won't end up as a total dumpsterfire as opposed to 1%. Can the power of friendship pull through?
Jun 8, 10:14 AM
Jul 2023
This episode is a roller coaster ride for sure.
Mei voice clears all, simply can’t be match.
Jun 8, 10:15 AM
Dec 2021
i legit almost cried
Jun 8, 10:18 AM

Mar 2021
Good on Mei to keep the group together, I just hope Kano and Mahiru can patch things up with each other.
Jun 8, 10:21 AM

Jun 2021
After last episode melodrama, I thought the first half of this episode was actually decent, then in the second half it turn into another episode with forced drama.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Jun 8, 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
5:21 From Wikipedia: "Yang Yuhuan (Chinese: 楊玉環; 719 – 15 July 756), often known as Yang Guifei (楊貴妃, with Guifei being the highest rank for imperial consorts during her time), and known briefly by the Taoist nun name Taizhen (太真), was the beloved consort of Emperor Xuanzong of Tang during his later years. She is known as one of the Four Beauties of ancient China.". I'm interested in how Mei learned about this lol.

6:19 メロメロ (meromero) - "madly in love; head over heels; fanatically doting; spellbound". So that's where her idol name comes from.

6:54 Lol I love this.

‎9:03 Hmmmmm I've seen this somewhere before...

Mei absolute legend. Respect to the seiyuu, that sounded beautiful in a way.
I guess the stuff with Kano is kind of resolved now. I thought the remaining 2 episodes will focus on the group as a whole, but seems like the next one will be Kiui-focused. Oh goddddd I'm not ready for this.
EmbientJun 8, 11:27 AM
Jun 8, 10:32 AM
Aug 2021
This episode managed to make me angrier at Mahiru than before, even though we saw that Jelee was going to split up, she chose to continue with this stupid nonsense of abandoning them to work with the rival group, she is so desperate for attention that she doesn't realize that she already there are a lot of people who love her art for Jelee, seeing her just changing it like that for those who have more numbers is just ridiculous, the fact that Kano is feeling bad about what she said and Mahiru is still taking it forward, and they canceled the live broadcast, new music and everything, Mahiru has 0 commitment to Jelee, seeing her throwing everything into the air to continue with this "improvement" is ridiculous, how is she keeping her promise to Kano if she is abandoning Kano, since episode 9 I I started to cultivate a genuine hatred for Mahiru and her need for attention and her stupid choices, she would let Jelee break up without saying anything, honestly for me she doesn't come back to the group and Kano finds an artist who really cares about the project
Jun 8, 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
huh... The expectations I had for this episode were completely different from what happened, to think they would continue the heavy talk from last episode scene with a light comedy. What a weird choice... was a little disappointed tbh
Jun 8, 10:39 AM
Sep 2022
Too much drama for my taste. By the way, it seems that this Maru woman will also be redeemed. Will the mother be also? the future will say Pretty disappointed with this chapter. We will see how they solve all this in just two episodes And by the way, for me, Kiui is proving to be the best character by far in this anime, she is the only coherent and knows how to maintain a calm conversation and put yourself in the other's place
HormigoJun 8, 10:57 AM
Jun 8, 10:40 AM
Jan 2018
With every episode I hate Mahiru a little more.
Jun 8, 10:42 AM

Mar 2015
Unless they somehow fumble the last two episodes this is like easiest anime of the season ever. I cannot believe how good this show has been every single week.
Jun 8, 10:55 AM
Sep 2020
While this melodramatic storytelling is painful as is already, I'm so sick and tired of how they introduce a big issue at the start of the episode and it's either mostly resolved by the end or doesn't matter anymore. There's just no depth to the story. It's melodrama over depth.
Jun 8, 11:06 AM

May 2020
I'm already missing the days when episodes of this weren't so awkwardly heavy. And that too happening towards the end of its course isn't helping much either.
Jun 8, 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to YourAverageHater
While this melodramatic storytelling is painful as is already, I'm so sick and tired of how they introduce a big issue at the start of the episode and it's either mostly resolved by the end or doesn't matter anymore. There's just no depth to the story. It's melodrama over depth.
@YourAverageHater current issue has been going on since 2 eps ago, far from revolved (according to the author will only get resolved on the last ep).
Jun 8, 11:21 AM
May 2024
how did mei find mero everywhere she went lol. very nice episode. excited for the next ones!!!
Jun 8, 11:23 AM
Jul 2016
Excepting some BIG plot twist for Yoru still being a traitor who showes no remorse. Othervise I'm going to be really mad.
Jun 8, 11:26 AM

Dec 2019
Show's gotten worse and worse. This was painful to watch, not because of how emotional it was but how melodramatic, forced and mishandled this all was. Made Mahiru's character and decision looking really bad with how dysfunctional the whole thing is ending up being and Kano already was on some BS the last ep too. If this turns into a corny, happy ending with all performing together and 'friendship winning' with all these drama stuff being rushed and even more meaningless by end, this would be dreadful af.
Jun 8, 11:36 AM

May 2023
Mei you've done a great job, I've always hated how Mei acts but after this episode I think yeah like what you do and do what you like.

My god, I should want to defend Mahiru but the longer it goes on, the more I can't defend her.

Different from what I thought would happen in this episode, but at least I can see Mei trying her best to look after their JELEE.

Post credit scene Nox reveals who she really is and someone DMs Kiui and demeans her, the drama increases. I hope that all the drama that will happen in the future is not rushed and resolved well.
Jun 8, 11:36 AM
Nov 2020
This episode made me tear up. Everything from Mei trying to learn why Kano sings in the first place and Kiui there to help support the situation, but the main part when Mei starts singing made me cry. She opens up her insecurity so that Kano can hear her. Even though her tone and singing might have been bad... it's not about that you can listen to the amount of emotions she put into singing that and it was a whole experience. Freaking amazing episode, I should have brought tissues for my tears.
Jun 8, 11:39 AM
May 2021
I think we can agree and blame Mahiru's selfishness on why JELEE is still wounded at the moment. She decided to pursue her own ambition out of self-interest over her close friends who already genuinely admire her artistic talent. I was honestly wrong about Mahiru, at least for now. I thought she would already have a sense of belonging, comfort and motivation to keep following her passion with JELEE, but unfortunately she gave in to temptation and put herself first with her obsession of wanting to be the best artist. You could say that she somehow backstabbed the group without even feeling guilty about it. Thankfully, Mei comes to the rescue and keeps things from falling apart. I'm just now wondering how reconciling with Kano as well as Kiui's reputation being endangered would be handled with just two episodes remaining. I just hope things would not be rushed and I hope to see a very good resolution and conclusion with the group being together again with their bond stronger.
Jun 8, 11:41 AM

Oct 2017
Watching Mei crying and singing made me emotional but great job girl, your feelings reached her. Jelee's back! But looks like it's Kiui's turn to face her past.
Jun 8, 11:42 AM

Jul 2021
Another melodramatic episode. Last few episode's drama are so forced, it feels like it's trying too hard to make you emotional lol. Now, I'm questioning myself. Was this series always this melodramatic? Idk I think, I need to rewatch the series again before the last episode to confirm it. I thought the first few episodes drama were average to decent level. But it's getting worse and worse. It's such a shame because the visuals and OST are too good.
The_Keyman-1Jun 8, 11:46 AM
Jun 8, 12:11 PM
Aug 2020
a lot of emotions in this beautiful episode

i really enjoyed every moment,even when her singing was far from good lol
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 8, 12:12 PM

Mar 2020
First of all, that performance at the end was the best "bad performance" you could ask for. Mei carries this show so hard it's crazy.

This show is in a weird spot for me right now because while this episode in particular was quite frankly, excellent, but I don't know if this dramatic route was the best way for this show to go. It could have kept it at just creating music, but it's going deeper into the drama and it has me concerned now with just two episodes left. I'm pretty certain that this show will have a somewhat happy ending, but some of the decisions from the story just have me a bit baffled, and it's hard to put into words right now. I'll have to see how this ends before I can solidify my opinion.
Jun 8, 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
Her singing being awful, and how she won't ever sing was reinforced so many times over the series that it made the moment all the more powerful.
Jun 8, 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
Mei the undisputed MVP of the episode.

Zwilicht said:
With every episode I hate Mahiru a little more.

Mahiru did nothing wrong my dude! Kano confessed she was using Mahiru (albeit inadvertently, I believe); meanwhile, Mahiru took once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be more useful to Jelee in the future! It's not like Mahiru used Jelee to become famous and is ditching everyone for selfish reasons! I don't know why some people imagined Mahiru broke a promise or is a traitor when it's literally the opposite! There was never a promise about making a song before the end of the year. Kano never explained why it's so crucial for her, nor did she explain why Mahiru shouldn't trust her mom etc. Instead of explaining things to Mahiru, she threw a tantrum and said something she didn't mean to say. There's a reason why the two other members were fine with Mahiru's decision and didn't protest or call her a traitor. None of them saw why "year-end song" absolutely had to happen and could not be delayed. The only selfish person, as it turned out, was Kano who wants to impress mom; a goal that likely changed at the end of the episode.
Jun 8, 12:34 PM

Jun 2019
Have to really give credit to both Kimura and Kiui for acting as golden stewards of the group in its desperate dying hours which were set to be its final hours before the last minute course aversion, saved out of nowhere by Kimura's Hail Mary vocal plea bearing all.

Especially because Yoru/Mahiru and Kano weren't going to do anything to save it at that point in time, being too busy/distracted (Yoru) or despondent (Kano) and when you think about it, these two (Kimura and Kiui) were not the original "core" of the JELEE group, but kind of additions which came later on, making their determination to keep it going and salvage it all the more impressive and inspirational.

In Kimura's case there is a long-running and well-established personal motivation at play, with her love for Kano's music and Kano herself dating back to before JELEE even existed, but in Kiui's case the motive to me seems even a little more selfless or perhaps unclear. Either out of her friendship with and loyalty to Yoru (not that she's not friends with the other two, but I assume is still closer to Yoru as they've known each other a lot longer, going back years) or because she feels like the JELEE group actually did provide her a place to belong even though she at first didn't want to show up and participate offline in person at all. Or maybe a combination of those.

A number of people complaining about the drama, but I like it, but then, drama is one of my favorite genres, so I guess that's a factor. In a way I also liked the situation with the earlier episodes of the series where there were also sad moments, arguments, tension and drama, but it didn't dominate the runtime and tone of the whole episode and much of it was more laid back Slice of Life about discovering yourself, forming the group, making pretty music and drawn art, and finding new confidence, where you could mostly just enjoy it for some cute and funny lines and relaxing scenes while admiring the colorful and high quality art/animation and direction of this series. And leave the heavier messier character drama for Girls Band Cry. But now that this series is wading into the thick of it more and more in its second half I don't mind it. It just means it can't fulfill the role as my go-to comfy and cozy series of the week (tough to do when it's going for gut-wrenching turmoil) and need another one to serve in that placement.
WatchTillTandavaJun 8, 12:48 PM
Jun 8, 12:49 PM

Sep 2021
Mei saved JELEE!

Looks like we are back to resolving another issue for Kiui/Nox in the next episode (even though I thought we had wrapped up her issues pretty nicely previously). I guess we will only have JELEE back together in the last episode for that new song + illustration + MV at the end of the (in-universe) year...

The anime always had some melodramatic and over-the-top scenes here and there, so I just see it as part of the anime's...identity(?)
Jun 8, 12:50 PM
Feb 2021
so They even announced their new project to fans and Mahiru left?
she didn't just betrayed her friends but also fans
#kanodidnothingwrong
Jun 8, 12:55 PM

Aug 2022
Crazy how a single episode made Mei go from my least favourite to favourite character, I still love Yoru but idk Mei really shined this episode.

And what kiwi said was complete bs, Just cause Kano is the leader doesn't means she has the final say in whether the group disbands everyone should get an opinion and I'm glad Mei voiced hers at the end.

side note but does Mei full on love Kano? Like i thought it was in an idol type of way but idk now with how she acted. Either way this was a phenomenal episode and i now love Mei.

Jun 8, 12:56 PM
Oct 2023
The last 5 minutes of this episode made me cry a good amount. So damn good!
Jun 8, 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to therjabundo
I think we can agree and blame Mahiru's selfishness on why JELEE is still wounded at the moment. She decided to pursue her own ambition out of self-interest over her close friends who already genuinely admire her artistic talent. I was honestly wrong about Mahiru, at least for now. I thought she would already have a sense of belonging, comfort and motivation to keep following her passion with JELEE, but unfortunately she gave in to temptation and put herself first with her obsession of wanting to be the best artist. You could say that she somehow backstabbed the group without even feeling guilty about it. Thankfully, Mei comes to the rescue and keeps things from falling apart. I'm just now wondering how reconciling with Kano as well as Kiui's reputation being endangered would be handled with just two episodes remaining. I just hope things would not be rushed and I hope to see a very good resolution and conclusion with the group being together again with their bond stronger.
You know Mahiru hasn't left JELEE right? She still intends to continue doing art for the group and just had to put off making the MV for a bit because she got a job opportunity. You all act like she left the group with no intentions of looking back. Considering they were still working their part-time jobs to make money for the group it obviously isn't financially stable to work on JELEE full-time so she was inevitably going to get some kind of work that would interfere with the group anyway.

Obviously the crux of the matter is the job coming from Kano's mother but I really don't get how you all see Mahiru as evil for wanting to focus her own future and goals alone.
Jun 8, 1:13 PM

Jul 2021
People saying how this made them tear up .
that singing scene was pure comedy, lmao
I actually laughed. yh, I do agree the show is a tad too melodramatic
Jun 8, 1:16 PM
Mar 2024
DarkySpectro said:
This episode managed to make me angrier at Mahiru than before, even though we saw that Jelee was going to split up, she chose to continue with this stupid nonsense of abandoning them to work with the rival group, she is so desperate for attention that she doesn't realize that she already there are a lot of people who love her art for Jelee, seeing her just changing it like that for those who have more numbers is just ridiculous, the fact that Kano is feeling bad about what she said and Mahiru is still taking it forward, and they canceled the live broadcast, new music and everything, Mahiru has 0 commitment to Jelee, seeing her throwing everything into the air to continue with this "improvement" is ridiculous, how is she keeping her promise to Kano if she is abandoning Kano, since episode 9 I I started to cultivate a genuine hatred for Mahiru and her need for attention and her stupid choices, she would let Jelee break up without saying anything, honestly for me she doesn't come back to the group and Kano finds an artist who really cares about the project

broo, i'm feeling the same way, i watched the episode already angrier at Mahiru, like.. wtf.. she abandoned the band just like that, I don't know if she is coming back after that and the promise she made to Kano, she will not take responsibility for? wtf, i know she wants to draw better but what about the promise she made????? she isn't someone you can count on with that attitude. let's see what gonna happen in the next episodes, looking forward for that.

editing here: kano was using her to impress her mother, but my critical stays the same, she didn't kept her promise
luciano39Jun 8, 1:23 PM
Jun 8, 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
luciano39 said:
broo, i'm feeling the same way, i watched the episode already angrier at Mahiru, like.. wtf.. she abandoned the band just like that, I don't know if she is coming back after that and the promise she made to Kano, she will not take responsibility for? wtf, i know she wants to draw better but what about the promise she made????? she isn't someone you can count on with that attitude. let's see what gonna happen in the next episodes, looking forward for that.

I dunno maybe the episode you're commenting on has an answer for you already.

Jun 8, 1:27 PM
Mar 2024
Asuno said:
luciano39 said:

thank you, I catch that already, I didn't pay attention
Jun 8, 1:40 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Marinate1016
Hands down one of the best episodes I’ve seen in a very long time. I just don’t know where to start with this one. I’m done fighting the recency bias tho, this show’s going in my top 5 all time.

First of all, shoutout to Kiui and Mei for filling in for Kano’s cafe shifts. Real ass friends, sadly they’re retarded and were awful fits for the job 💀 Mei over here freaking out because the customers ordered a “kiss” and Kiui too socially awkward to take orders lmao.

Kano taking some time to be by herself and find out why she wants to sing is valid. After basically being put on this career path as a way to please her mom and then that whole fall out, she hasn’t really had time to sit and sort it out. I still feel so bad for her breakdown last week.

Mahiru up to 100k followers herself now.. good for her ig.. still a snake for last week’s stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

We finally get to see present day Mero.. ngl man she fine as hell. Love girls who dress like her. Mei stalking her at the cafe window and karaoke had me crying tho. There’s no way you should be this good at hunting people down 😭 she’s like one of them idol stalkers who check the reflection in idols’ eyes on their posts to find them.

Was kinda important that she did that though because Mero told her about how she and Kano were singing for Yukine’s sake.

Shame on the losers talking shit about Kano in class. Don’t blame her for walking out at all. Can’t escape the drama at home or at school, gotta feel suffocating.

Mei waiting outside Kano’s apartment for her “friend” not her “idol” was a great scene. Set up Kano coming clean about how she’d “used” Mahiru for her gain as well. The problem I have with this tho is it’s nowhere near what her mom was doing with she and the other girls. Also, even with that, it still don’t make what Mahiru was doing last week ok.

Like sure, they’re both flawed people but one person is clearly more wrong here. Again, doesn’t mean Mahiru is a horrible person. Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine 🤷🏾‍♂️

FORGET ALL THAT THO. The end of this episode was magnificent, sensational, whatever synonym you wanna use I was shaken to the core. Mei is the real MVP of this series rn. I know she a lil slow but she has a heart of gold and literally saved JELEE and Kano with her horrible singing lmaoo. But it reached her idol and that’s all that matters. PLUS “you have to take responsibility for making me fall in love with you” oh my god I LOVE YURI.

Amazing episode I’m shook.
@Marinate1016 I don't understand this part:
Marinate1016 said:
Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine
She didn't go behind her back though? She was clear and honest about how she got the offer, she wanted to check out the offer, and after checking it out she wanted to go for it.

I'm definitely a supporter of "if you make a promise you should keep it" and choosing one thing over another isn't a great idea when that choice was taken weeks ago.

At the same time I fully respect the choice she made considering 1. She didn't give false hope and say she could do both but was upfront with the fact that taking on the job meant she couldn't help make the song by new-year. 2. As was mentioned in the previous episode this was a great opportunity for Mahiru. Watching every episode up to this point she'd never once received proper or even reasonable feedback for her art. It was either "I love it" or "who's this girl thinking she can draw". When she showed the picture to Kano and she said it was awesome but she felt it wasn't that great because the arm wasn't properly drawn yet Kano didn't understand it and said it was great anyways, but she then went to the meeting with her mom where not only did she notice the issue she also complimented her ability to fix it. Clear difference between a professional and an amateour.

I definitely don't want to work with someone who drops me for someone else, but again, I can understand dropping amateour workers for professional ones, "temporarily" to improve yourself and gain some very valuable experience.

So I agree what she did wasn't okay, but it was still reasonable. I don't think she's a snake for it because, no she did not go behind Kano's back. But that doesn't change the fact that she went back on her promise.

Also quick note, at this point the original goal of 100k followers was reached and ther was no proper goal going forward, Kano wasn't sure why she was doing it, but Mahiru at this point had finally taken the decision/step to go pro. Therefore continuing as is was very valuable to her as a part of Jelly and the friend group, but profesionally speaking anyone thinking entirely about going pro would take the choice of a major company hiring you for some work.
Jun 8, 1:41 PM

Feb 2019
RaionShurui said:
@Marinate1016 I don't understand this part:
Marinate1016 said:
Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine
She didn't go behind her back though? She was clear and honest about how she got the offer, she wanted to check out the offer, and after checking it out she wanted to go for it.

I'm definitely a supporter of "if you make a promise you should keep it" and choosing one thing over another isn't a great idea when that choice was taken weeks ago.

At the same time I fully respect the choice she made considering 1. She didn't give false hope and say she could do both but was upfront with the fact that taking on the job meant she couldn't help make the song by new-year. 2. As was mentioned in the previous episode this was a great opportunity for Mahiru. Watching every episode up to this point she'd never once received proper or even reasonable feedback for her art. It was either "I love it" or "who's this girl thinking she can draw". When she showed the picture to Kano and she said it was awesome but she felt it wasn't that great because the arm wasn't properly drawn yet Kano didn't understand it and said it was great anyways, but she then went to the meeting with her mom where not only did she notice the issue she also complimented her ability to fix it. Clear difference between a professional and an amateour.

I definitely don't want to work with someone who drops me for someone else, but again, I can understand dropping amateour workers for professional ones, "temporarily" to improve yourself and gain some very valuable experience.

So I agree what she did wasn't okay, but it was still reasonable. I don't think she's a snake for it because, no she did not go behind Kano's back. But that doesn't change the fact that she went back on her promise.

She did go behind her back because she’d already agreed to work with Yukine prior to telling or even talking to Kano. The call with Kano was just to let her know and get the guilt off her consciousness. She was locked in to the agreement already.

I’m not debating this again tho, argued with mfs all weekend in the last episode thread so if you want more info as to why she was moving snakey, read that.
Jun 8, 1:42 PM
Jan 2018
A silly episode, Mei hasn't been developed enough as a character to really carry an episode so instead we get a lot of comedy and characters speaking about their feelings in blunt exposition. You gotta love her voice actress doing the intentionally awful singing at the end, but overall I don't really trust this show to have a satisfying conclusion at this point.
Jun 8, 2:20 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to removed-user
luciano39 said:

@Asuno This promise is worthless if Jelee separates, after finding out that Kano no longer wanted to sing or knowing about Jelee's separation, she didn't pursue it, didn't send a message, didn't do anything, Mahiru in these last episodes is being a disappointment total, especially since Jelee is taking this seriously, not just joking, so for her to abandon all the planning with them to go and see what the experience of working with "professionals" is like is ridiculous, her promise is worthless if Jelee separates herself due to her action, she is important in the group, knowing that her actions would affect the group as a whole before making any decision, the least she should have done was to have spoken to the group BEFORE accepting, and not after which I had already accepted, the anime showed that Kano cannot count on Mahiru, Mahiru is trying to deceive herself by saying that it is "for the promise" but it is just for more fame
Jun 8, 2:34 PM

Mar 2023
The whiplash between the really comedic part and the super heavy part is too much, as was the change in attitudes of the characters. Their entire being seems to depend on such a flimsy impulse. I though this episode was a bit of disaster
Jun 8, 2:35 PM

Jun 2023
Mei was doing the Bocchi lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.