Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 13, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
That OP song is fire.

Social media still has a lot of presence in this episode but we got idol themes now too. Out of all the main cast, that Mei girl seems to stand out more than the others in terms of energy. I'm also hoping to see Kano get more development although the story's pacing is a bit strange at the moment. Seems they're getting started at building character relationships.

Mei did make an impression with her piano playing skills though.
Stark700Apr 13, 10:01 AM
Apr 13, 9:35 AM

Feb 2020
Another very good episode with a nice OP.

Kim is so cute and funny. She has such an endearing personality. And she's also a pretty talented pianist.

SerafosApr 13, 10:31 AM
Apr 13, 9:46 AM

Apr 2016
The night street performance from the last week made some waves on the social medias, and so the gang is starting to gather some new whales eccentric members along the way ... the new girl is quite something, you can stop being an Idol, but tell that to your die hard fans, lmao.

And so our girly gang is continuing their fight against the system carrying their scars proud ... will they succeed ? Tune in next week to find out!
Apr 13, 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
It looked good (last week looked more striking and memorable) but didn't really like Kim's character much even after the episode was done, to the point of feeling exhausted at times with her scenes to be honest and the pacing wasn't the best. It was more of a setup episode to bring the members of JELEE together and build relationships further between the girls, which is needed of course, but I didn't really enjoy it much to be honest. Kano seems nice but the cast just isn't clicking for me so far. At least the opening was solid, not among my favorites from the season but it is good.
Apr 13, 10:06 AM
Apr 2022
Bruh this is way too wholesome! HIDDEN GEM OF THIS SEASON! CGDCT + MUSIC + WONDER EGG PRIO LIKE BACKSTORY FOR EACH CHARACTER COUNT ME IN! EPISODE 2 WHOLESOME
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Aug 2017
Lol of course that stalker girl was sniffing the jacket.

Not really a fan of Kim, I can understand that Kano idol form gave her some new hope, but this was taking it too far, at least she kinda accepted Kano real personality at the end.
Apr 13, 10:08 AM
Jul 2023
A new member joined the team!

Her given name is not usual Japanese name, Kim Anouk Mei, wonder where her parents originate from.

On the subject of animation, the expressiveness of the characters movement and interactions are stunning, beautiful and most importantly cute!

P.S: Kimura-chan got that Rudeus like lewd smile at 17:02 mark lol.
MainnusApr 13, 10:29 AM
Apr 13, 10:10 AM
Apr 2023
I must be getting old as, even when I expected, when she went to the piano exam and fulfilled her promise, I teared up a bit
Apr 13, 10:10 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode I already really like Kim she is cute and the OP is really good.
Apr 13, 10:16 AM

Feb 2021
Oh hey, the OP. It's nice.
I guess Kim's full name is a mix of Korean and Japanese?
The scenes with comments remind me of Oshi no Ko.
I really like the ED!
This was really good. Kim being so crazy about Kano makes me concerned, but it's gonna be fine ^^'
Apr 13, 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to Mainnus

Her given name is not usual Japanese name, Kim Anouk Mei, wonder where her parents originate from.

On the subject of animation, the expressiveness of the characters movement and interactions are stunning, beautiful and most importantly cute!

@Mainnus

According to the official site, it's German.

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 13, 10:19 AM
Jul 2023
AkeZZZ said:
@Mainnus

Ah I see, thank you
Apr 13, 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Mainnus

@Mainnus Because judging by her last name, she is Korean. Apparently they decided to catch the trend for the token Korean characters. Also, where did you see the lewd smile in this screenshot?
Apr 13, 10:22 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Kiriann
Bruh this is way too wholesome! HIDDEN GEM OF THIS SEASON! CGDCT + MUSIC + WONDER EGG PRIO LIKE BACKSTORY FOR EACH CHARACTER COUNT ME IN! EPISODE 2 WHOLESOME
@Kiriann what is cgdct?
Apr 13, 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to AkeZZZ
@Mainnus

@AkeZZZ German name Kim Anouk Mei?

@saikyozero All this time you were trying to speculate about what kind of show it would be, but you didn't even know what CGDCT was?
Apr 13, 10:24 AM
Jul 2023
RobertBobert said:
@Mainnus Because judging by her last name, she is Korean. Apparently they decided to catch the trend for the token Korean characters. Also, where did you see the lewd smile in this screenshot?

Not referencing to the screenshot specifically, I’ll edit it later to clarify.
Apr 13, 10:26 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert

@saikyozero All this time you were trying to speculate about what kind of show it would be, but you didn't even know what CGDCT was?
@RobertBobert it would be good if you just answered the question as I literally asked you what it is
Apr 13, 10:27 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert seems you are all knowing, can you tell me how to block you so I won't see you again on this site? TIA
Apr 13, 10:29 AM

Mar 2023
Another really good episode, crew is as good as complete now
Apr 13, 10:29 AM
Sep 2020
Cute episode, the pacing and dialogue was a little too fast at times, but it was still enjoyable. I hope Kim will grow on me as the show progresses.
Apr 13, 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to saikyozero
@RobertBobert it would be good if you just answered the question as I literally asked you what it is
@saikyozero This is the name of the "cute girls doing cute things" genre. Literally definition of the genre that you want to use for this show. That's why I said it's strange that you don't know what it is.

If you are so sensitive, then forum settings and add user to ignore list. If you react so emotionally when someone questions your actions, then we really should not cross paths.
RobertBobertApr 13, 10:35 AM
Apr 13, 10:49 AM
May 2015
The second half of the episode really bumped this show up for me even more than it already was. Hope it continues with the good quality.
Apr 13, 10:56 AM

May 2023
She sniffs her idol's jacket, she just likes me fr fr.

Also the OP song slaps harder, the ED is also good, the animation and visuals are really amazing.

Hopefully next week will see more of Kiwi-chan she's my favorite so far.
Apr 13, 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
The energy from this cast is a lot to handle already, and we haven't even been properly introduced to the streamer girl Kiwi yet.
Apr 13, 11:21 AM

Nov 2022
i really liked this episode ₍^.ˬ.^₎ we were introduced to a new character, mei, this time! i really enjoyed her story and it was nice to see that after meeting kano as an idol and supporting her, it made her more confident in herself! ᐡ ̳ᴗ ̫ ᴗ ̳ᐡ i'm glad she still followed for kano and could even find her after her idol activities were finished. i really liked when she played the piano for her exam as well ♡ i can't wait to see more character development from everyone and to see how jelee will keep progressing too now that we have a composer !
Apr 13, 11:32 AM

Mar 2020
I'm really enjoying the snappy comedy of this so far! All the characters are quite endearing for me, especially Kano, and with the new character, Kim, she was certainly... very energetic. Her various faces reminded me of Rudeus from Mushoku Tensei, not gonna lie. If this show gets into drama at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim would be at the centre of that, because she's quite the emotional rollercoaster. The visuals are really solid, with good attention to detail, and this continues to make a great impression on me to start the season. Let's hope it continues to be great.
Apr 13, 11:39 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, Kim is literally me except I'm ugly, talentless, and poor.

Jokes aside it was a nice episode, I think I've enjoyed it even more than the first one. Not sure if they've dialed the fanservice back, or the episode just didn't provide any opportunity to show off something similar to Mahiru's scene last week, but ultimately, it doesn't really matter, just something I noticed.
The anime is still beautiful, though it didn't have moments as striking as the previous episode, but I assume it's because the episode's focus was introducing Kim's character.
It really is just pure fun to watch what's going on, there's a dynamic between the characters that makes their interactions entertaining. I really want to see more of the streamer girl now, I wager she's gonna steal the show.

However, I can already tell that the discourse about Yorukura will be absolutely horrendous.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 13, 11:41 AM

Nov 2023
Best episode so far this season for me.

Kim is very adorable and talented.

She finally joined with her idol. ♡
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Apr 13, 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kenrin
Damn, Kim is literally me except I'm ugly, talentless, and poor.

Jokes aside it was a nice episode, I think I've enjoyed it even more than the first one. Not sure if they've dialed the fanservice back, or the episode just didn't provide any opportunity to show off something similar to Mahiru's scene last week, but ultimately, it doesn't really matter, just something I noticed.
The anime is still beautiful, though it didn't have moments as striking as the previous episode, but I assume it's because the episode's focus was introducing Kim's character.
It really is just pure fun to watch what's going on, there's a dynamic between the characters that makes their interactions entertaining. I really want to see more of the streamer girl now, I wager she's gonna steal the show.

However, I can already tell that the discourse about Yorukura will be absolutely horrendous.
@Kenrin This seems to be the show's standard level of fanservice, unless future episodes reveal something more. I mean, general lewd moments that clearly attract attention, but not so much that they define the character of the entire show. Male gaze with Mahiro in the last episode, ojisan moments with Kim in this one, etc. As I said earlier, almost at the level of SSSS Gridman.
Apr 13, 11:43 AM

Nov 2023
This anime has gotten me so close to crying so many times, it's definitely going to happen eventually!

I loved the story of Mei.
She had something she was really into, but unfortunate circumstances took it away from her.
In the episode, we saw her make the right decision. It's okay to not want to stop doing something you enjoy, yet at some point you need to move on.
We shouldn't be letting our past haunt us, no one can bring it back, but we can be inspired by it to make a new beginning.

Great episode, this show is in my top 3 of the season!
Apr 13, 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
New character, new development.

ED is cute!
Apr 13, 12:48 PM
Jan 2021
Only two episodes in and I've already fallen in love with this show. Studio Doga Kobo doesn't disappoint. Also, Rierie as one of the seiyuu is just a super duper bonus!
Apr 13, 12:49 PM
Mar 2023
me gusta la premisa, diseños y animacion.
Apr 13, 1:13 PM

Nov 2021
Great episode, really liking this anime so far. Kim's laugh is so goofy and adorable.
Apr 13, 1:25 PM
Jun 2023
Another great episode to follow up the first one. Looking forward to introducing the Vtuber next week to round out the group.
Apr 13, 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
:) very nice work.........
Apr 13, 1:50 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Wow, a lot happened in this episode, with Mei's introduction and backstory being the focus. A gachikoi of Kano's former idol personality, Tachibana Nonoka, Mei saw Nonoka as an idol who understood a lot of the things she was going through. For someone who struggled to fit in socially, lacked friends, was self-conscious about her full name, and did not have a drive/purpose, Mei changed greatly after meeting Nonoka. Not only did Mei become more confident in herself and her own identity, she also found her ikigai. Nonoka had given Mei a purpose for continuing piano with the promise of watching Mei perform someday and having Mei write her songs (written via her signed cheki/poloroid). It's no surprise that Mei would then change her appearance to match that of the idol she loved so much.

I think this episode does a great job of portraying Mei's character and how much Tachibana Nonoka meant to her as an idol. That's why Mei could not initially accept that Kano had moved on beyond Nonoka's personality, because it would mean losing a big part of her identity in addition to manifesting her fear of reverting back to being all alone. As a result, Kano remembering Mei as "Kimura", and their past meeting and promises meant the world to Mei. Kano coming to watch Mei perform allowed Mei to realize that even though Nonoka no longer existed as a personality, their experiences did not just disappear, and the parts that Mei loved about Nonoka were still parts of Kano. Mei rushing off the stage to hug Kano was the culmination of those thoughts and emotions, and my favorite scene of the episode.

All in all, it feels like team Jelee is coming together with Mei joining the group as their music composer. The opening and ending themes were also really solid, with myself being more of an ED enjoyer. Looking forward to more of the show to come.

Apr 13, 2:16 PM

May 2023
another insanely cute and adorable episode
Apr 13, 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuukiTheFlash
Wow, a lot happened in this episode, with Mei's introduction and backstory being the focus. A gachikoi of Kano's former idol personality, Tachibana Nonoka, Mei saw Nonoka as an idol who understood a lot of the things she was going through. For someone who struggled to fit in socially, lacked friends, was self-conscious about her full name, and did not have a drive/purpose, Mei changed greatly after meeting Nonoka. Not only did Mei become more confident in herself and her own identity, she also found her ikigai. Nonoka had given Mei a purpose for continuing piano with the promise of watching Mei perform someday and having Mei write her songs (written via her signed cheki/poloroid). It's no surprise that Mei would then change her appearance to match that of the idol she loved so much.

I think this episode does a great job of portraying Mei's character and how much Tachibana Nonoka meant to her as an idol. That's why Mei could not initially accept that Kano had moved on beyond Nonoka's personality, because it would mean losing a big part of her identity in addition to manifesting her fear of reverting back to being all alone. As a result, Kano remembering Mei as "Kimura", and their past meeting and promises meant the world to Mei. Kano coming to watch Mei perform allowed Mei to realize that even though Nonoka no longer existed as a personality, their experiences did not just disappear, and the parts that Mei loved about Nonoka were still parts of Kano. Mei rushing off the stage to hug Kano was the culmination of those thoughts and emotions, and my favorite scene of the episode.

All in all, it feels like team Jelee is coming together with Mei joining the group as their music composer. The opening and ending themes were also really solid, with myself being more of an ED enjoyer. Looking forward to more of the show to come.

@YuukiTheFlash gachikoi? Was it said somewhere that she literally was in love with her and isn't just being a hardcore fangirl for whom Kano was a very significant role model? Or are you using the term in some other meaning?
RobertBobertApr 13, 2:41 PM
Apr 13, 4:41 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@YuukiTheFlash gachikoi? Was it said somewhere that she literally was in love with her and isn't just being a hardcore fangirl for whom Kano was a very significant role model? Or are you using the term in some other meaning?
@RobertBobert I think I misused the definition of gachikoi, but meant something more along the lines of obsessive fan, as it's NOT evident that Mei's feelings are even romantic.
YuukiTheFlashApr 13, 4:44 PM
Apr 13, 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuukiTheFlash
@RobertBobert I think I misused the definition of gachikoi, but meant something more along the lines of obsessive fan, as it's NOT evident that Mei's feelings are even romantic.
@YuukiTheFlash Now you've confused me even more :D. I may not be that immersed in idol culture, but I'm used to the term gachikoi being used to refer to people who have an unironic crush on idols and are unironic in their attitude towards them as waifu or hasubendo. Of course, this term is often used in a negative way to describe people who supposedly truly believe that an idol will be their love interest.

In this case, as I understand it, Mei is more of a classic embodiment of a female idol fangirl who extremely admires her as some kind of ideal role model and most beloved celebrity, that is, in fact, an idol in the literal sense of the word. In general, a typical shoujo akogare as if from a textbook. That's why I was confused by your use of this term.

UPD. Oh, I was in a hurry and didn’t notice that you edited the comment. Well, I'm not against romantic interpretations, especially since this is only the second episode. I'm just usually very sensitive to terms.
Apr 13, 5:34 PM

Jun 2023
Kim sniffed Kano’s shirt which is kinda weird but she seems like a nice person
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

Jan 2016
From the events/programs/radios I knew Kimura was a hardcore fan of Kaho but I wasn't expecting THIS hardcore lmao. I can relate to her so much ngl

I really respect whoever is writting this, it impress me so much how little time they need to make me get attached to a character... The characters interactions are also so fun to watch, having a great time.

It seems the expectation I had with this anime seems to be fulfilled, my JST Saturday midnights will still be my most awaited time of the week again, replacing Apothecary Diaries!
Apr 13, 5:56 PM

Feb 2019
Another amazing episode that tells a nice self contained character arc. When it comes to these introspective character driven anime, Doga Kobo are unmatched.

Mei came off as a crazed obsessed fan, but over the course of the episode really gets developed and we understand why she has such a respect for Nonoka and idolises her so much. Nonoka quite literally saved Mei when she was at her lowest, gave her the motivation to keep playing piano and gave her something to strive towards, hence Mei changing her appearance to be more similar to Nonoka.

So when she learns that Nonoka is “gone” and that Kano just wants to be herself now, it understandably hurts. But, that doesn’t mean that Kano can’t support Mei which we eventually see at the end of the episode with her showing up at Mei’s performance.

What’s really cool is that in these first episodes, we get two girls that have been profoundly impacted by Kano but at different points in her life. Mahiru met Kano once she had dropped the Nonoka act, and then Mei of course in the past. So it seems like Nonoka wasn’t really that different from who Kano really is. She just wants to encourage people and I love that!

Glad Mei finally has a place to call home and some real friends, can’t wait to see how their relationship develops.
Marinate1016Apr 13, 6:05 PM
Apr 13, 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to lingojk
Kim sniffed Kano’s shirt which is kinda weird but she seems like a nice person
@lingojk I don't know how the theme of her fangirling will develop further, but for now I think it was meant to make it clear to the audience that she is a passionate fan of Kano.
Apr 13, 6:12 PM
May 2017
Reply to saikyozero
@Kiriann what is cgdct?
@saikyozero Cute Girls Doing Cute Things. But I think you already found it.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 13, 6:20 PM

Apr 2022
episode overall and the new girl are okay but i'm still liking the visuals a lot.
Apr 13, 6:35 PM

Dec 2022
damn so that's the life of an idol fan huh? well i guess it's kind of wholesome ^_^
Apr 13, 6:49 PM
Mar 2019
The power of four...of course it is. We get a full taste of the OP, and I'm seeing here a mix of "Ya Boi, Kongming!" and "Bocchi the Rock" with beautiful animation by Doga Kobo. This will fill up my 'slice of life' fix for the season along with one other anime.
Apr 13, 7:07 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to saikyozero
@Kiriann what is cgdct?
@saikyozero cute girls doing cute things
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.