Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was pretty much Team Z's final chance to make a comeback, even if it means risking it all.

If you ask me, this wa the biggest and most important play for Yoichi in this entire show so far. And with all the plan that came together, he made that goal like a boss. Well played, very well played!

Jun 2019
The boys were finally able to do it. The opponents were not there to just give us a win that easily but Isagi in the end realized that he's a striker as well and not just an analyst of the football field. The moment he felt that feeling, it was so awesome. Truly an awesome moment for him and team Z. They were victorious today.

But, the realization of the loss can be really hard for some. Some dreams were shut down forever today and I felt so bad for them. But, it could've been just them in place of someone else next time and never be able to play football for Japan. But, Ego's games aren't over just yet.

May 2020
Cliffhanger from last episode really did its purpose, now with Isagi running around with ball and the trio of Bachira, Chigiri and Kunigami fulfilling their supporting roles, it was actually cool watching Isagi doing the deepest ever analysis and talking all the way through inside his head, until he shook off Nagi, procured the goal scoring formula and did the inevitable… scoring that winning goal. Music was straight up metal throughout that whole sequence btw.

It may would’ve been obvious since the start, but still watching team Z winning gave that sense of self-fulfilment. Good for them, and for those of team V as well as the three top scorers from the three eliminated teams, made a total of 25 players from the fifth stratum who passed the first selection.

Onto the second selection.. but first the truth that there were only teams from V to Z to begin with in each stratum and not an alphabetical hierarchy these people had the thought about. Anyways to each their own from now onwards, that’s just how the second selection will play out.

Also look out for another edge express, Itoshi Rin.
Dec 17, 2022 10:04 AM
Sep 2015
I'm actually glad that this anime has 2 cours. But if it's just one cour, this episode would be a nice stop anyway.

The Raichi guy, I already checked before that he doesn't have the same voice actor as Bakugo, but after this episode end I've to go check again just in case I forget, nope, still different voice actor. But the similarity is uncanny!

I guess at some point Itoshi Rin will go against his brother, Saetoshi Rin.

I hope Noel Noa will make a proper appearance.
Dec 17, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2022
This is my favourite ongoing anime!!

Dec 17, 2022 10:33 AM
Apr 2021
As a manga reader, the reveal of the GOAT Brother, Rin Itoshi had me jumping from my seat.
Dec 17, 2022 10:35 AM

Mar 2022
rin rin he is here let's goo

Dec 17, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2021
So only 25 players, huh? That's good, if every other team afterwards had to have a player crazier than the one hyped before, I imagine the scaling could have gotten ridiculous.

Dec 17, 2022 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
RioFS said:
So only 25 players, huh? That's good, if every other team afterwards had to have a player crazier than the one hyped before, I imagine the scaling could have gotten ridiculous.

There are still 125 players. There are 5 Team Vs, 5 Team Ws, and so on. Teams B to U do not exist. Everyone belonged to the 'bottom stratum' (V to Z).
Dec 17, 2022 10:45 AM
Jul 2021
the goal was adapted perfectly, my hype was unreal
Dec 17, 2022 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
What an end to the final match. Amazing teamwork from Isagi, Bachira, Chigiri and Kunigami. Raichi with the clutch save. Kuon having his own self revelation. And Chigiri's reaction to Isagi using him 😂. Team Z with the comeback win. But most importantly, Isagi Yoichi has awakened!

So there was never a Team A-U and Ego lied when he said they were training? Really. I was excited to see who'd be the top teams and 11 players. Well, that was a great wrap up for the first selection. Now let's see what's next behind those doors. Hope all of Team Z will make it through because they have built up chemistry together. Also, they're just a fun and interesting group.
Dec 17, 2022 10:53 AM
Oct 2022
Ep 11 was the best from bluelock up untill now it was amazing
Dec 17, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2021
Torrible said:
RioFS said:

There are still 125 players. There are 5 Team Vs, 5 Team Ws, and so on. Teams B to U do not exist. Everyone belonged to the 'bottom stratum' (V to Z).

Ah, 'kay. Got it. So I assume there still were 5 buildings.

Dec 17, 2022 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Cant wait until No.15 Isagi appearance. Let's go second selection arc, the best arc they can show in anime.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Dec 17, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2022
Just love it 😍 The thrill it gives was really worth to watch it 🤩 It's just an example of masterpiece ❤️💥🔥
Dec 17, 2022 11:03 AM
Feb 2022
Torrible said:
RioFS said:

So there are 5 groups, each containing Teams V,W,X,Y,Z?
Dec 17, 2022 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
RioFS said:

KeskeJr said:

Yes, there were 5 groups of Teams V to Z in 5 buildings.

Group 1: Team V-Z which has Rin

Group 2: Team V-Z which has Shidou (you'll see him much later)

Group 3: Team V-Z

Group 4: Team V-Z

Group 5: Team V-Z which has Isagi, Nagi, Reo, Barou, etc
TorribleDec 17, 2022 12:06 PM
Dec 17, 2022 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
This match was intense but due to Isagi's skill, the team took the win home, what an performance from both teams.

The training for them was like they died from it lol, guess hard work pays off at the end of the training.

2nd selection is about to start and they part ways it seems like. I'm glad on the other hand that the show brings in some of the top players in the real world, interesting to see who they gonna be.

Intense episode though, nice performed.
Dec 17, 2022 11:12 AM
Feb 2022
Torrible said:
RioFS said:

KeskeJr said:

Yes, there were 5 groups of Teams V to Z in 5 buildings.

Group 1: Team V-Z which has Rin

Group 2: Team V-Z which has Shidou (you'll see him much later)

Group 3: Team V-Z

Group 4: Team V-Z

Group 5: Team V-Z which has Isagi, Nagi, Reo, Barou, etc

Ahhh I see. Thank you for the explanation!
Dec 17, 2022 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
A little confidence boost before Section 2 kicks off. Team Z is not as trash as they thought, they're pretty good in fact.

Not as awesome as Rin, tho xD His warm up was a massive flex.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2022 11:19 AM
Aug 2022
im hyped to see niko more!! im not a manga reader so i didnt expect to see him again, but i really liked him so im glad he's not gone for good :) the animation during isagi's goal was CRAZY!! overall just a very good episode, and im excited to see second selection.
Dec 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
Wooo good job Team Z, what an awesome match. Great job Isagi, you finally took a solid step in searching for your formula for goals. Still don't really care much for you as a character though.

I'm unexpectedly liking Raichi in this anime. Usually I hate screaming characters, but he's very direct in a good way and that punch towards Kuon was so satisfying. I doubt anyone else on Team Z would've done that, so he played his part well in giving Kuon the smack he deserves. That additional time though. Made me laugh. Poor Raichi.

Bachira continuing to prove why he's best boy. Although he's my second favorite character, sorry Bachira.

I'm glad Ego explained the true structure of Blue Lock, now it makes more sense why there're already such strong players in supposedly the worst stratum. Imagine if someone like Nagi was really deemed one of the worst players out of 300 - now in that case, I would expect some Dragonball Z type of superpower shit with the top ten players lol.

And Itoshi Rin makes his debut! Surprised he already makes his appearance in this episode, looks like they adapted 5 chapters. Good call though. As always, they did an awesome job with his character design. Such a pretty boy lol.

Super excited for Second Selection! Definitely my favorite arc and has some solid matches I'm really looking forward to seeing adapted.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 17, 2022 11:26 AM

Nov 2019
RIN'S VOICE <3

W episode. The green aura was a nice choice for Isagi's goal, and they adapted the goal (and Rin's kick) excellently.
httplatteDec 17, 2022 11:52 AM
Dec 17, 2022 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
KeskeJr said:

Ahhh I see. Thank you for the explanation!

No problem.

Isagi's face is so epic.

Dec 17, 2022 11:31 AM

Mar 2020
The ending of the game went as expected, with Isagi finding his ultimate power. Guess Ego had a trick up his sleeve there though.

The second stage is here, and it seems like individual effort is what is needed here to succeed. I really need this second part of the show to be better, given the predictability of the first half.
Dec 17, 2022 11:35 AM

May 2016
Best episode so far, also animation stepped up a lot, not powerpoint anymore, that kick was one punch man season 1 level lmao
Dec 17, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
With sheer determination, Team Z is about to make the goal, but Isagi being stopped at Nagi in the nick of time, there isn't any clear line of sight...if he stood by his own thinking. In Blue Lock, you are tested on the fly, and Isagi has found his new formula to make the decisive goal: his spatial awareness, coupled with direct shots.

With Team Z's miraculous win at 5-4 and Kuon getting the karma from Kunigami, the round robin matches are all done, and the entire team survives while others are left packing their bags except the top 2 teams and the losing team's top scorers, and Team Y's Ikki Niko survives as well thanks to Isagi.

The 2nd selection where physical conditioning is tantamount before the touch of the ball, and that was quite the long wait. But the wait is dismounted by Ego Jinpachi slurring them all with the sobering truth that had been shadowed as a lie all along, while maintaining his egoistic standards. With the focus being a 5-stage round to test their skills, this is an individual battle where people like Rin Itoshi are still awaiting to unleash their abilities to the world, or at the very least in Blue Lock.

The individual rounds in Blue Lock's 2nd selection begins now. Who will come out on top, and who will come tumbling down?
Dec 17, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2021
Wtf so there is just one building? So no team actually left?
"Without commitment, we will never start. Without dicipline and consistency, we will never finish."
Dec 17, 2022 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
Isagi wins it with that awesome goal

and Rin is finally here
Dec 17, 2022 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
Team Z finally secured the well-deserved and hard-fought victory. I swear they put the whole budget into Isagi's kick lol.

Man, Ego is one of the biggest pieces of shit in anime in recent memory lmao. Bro straight up lied about the format of Blue Lock just to ignite some hunger in the participants. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the second selection plays out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 17, 2022 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
that clears my mind about the top ranking players, I can see there are other monsters there like that guy rin but I couldn't imagine something more amazing that what we saw already with the king and team V trio, etc.

it was a nice way to motivate them and it did work like a charm but now this is everybody on their own and that is the point of the foward.
Dec 17, 2022 12:16 PM

Sep 2020
Nice.Very top sensation.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Dec 17, 2022 12:20 PM

Oct 2022
Awesome episode. Loved the way Isagi’s goal was animated. The realization of the harsh reality of BlueLock was also portrayed well! Rin is also finally here! :)
Dec 17, 2022 12:22 PM
May 2021
Beautiful ep!! Series gets me hyped!!
Dec 17, 2022 12:28 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Huh, so the whole Building 5 concept was a ruse, I was kinda expecting that since otherwise the show would have gone for much longer.

Nice last shot, but more impressive was Raichi's run to mid field. He should be able to score now, right.

Oh, apparently I did some "googling" and Noel Noa is jsut a fictional character. Too bad, maybe they could have used other real examples but there would probably be some legal issues with that I guess.

Now it's time for the second selection and a new challenger approaches.

PS: Tomorrow's the final!!!!
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 17, 2022 12:29 PM

Apr 2018
The first silection wasn't my favorite part of the serie, the individual stuff was much better IMO and the 3v3's sooner or later.
This was Isagi's best match so far and he showed what he is worth. A great fucking episode and THE GOAT APPEARED: ITOSHI RIN

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 17, 2022 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
DIRECT SHOOT!! That was so cool!
His weapon was hidden right at the start of the opening all along, son of a-!
Dec 17, 2022 12:54 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
intense 5 starters minutes!!!

well, ended the stage 1 and starts the stage 2, and now in solitary!!!! kekeke
Dec 17, 2022 12:55 PM

Jan 2019
WickedFM said:
Wtf so there is just one building? So no team actually left?

My understanding is that it was five buildings, but they weren't actually ranked according to skill and were all told they were the lowest ranked players and in building 5. But 3 teams from each building did still leave.

Dec 17, 2022 1:10 PM
Apr 2021
anime only people have no idea what's coming, the second selection is gonna fuck shit up
Dec 17, 2022 1:12 PM
Jun 2013
really nice end to the first selection arc, looking forward to the second selection
Dec 17, 2022 1:41 PM

Mar 2010
I almost forgot what I"ve watched. But I had a feeling they were getting fooled. But that bowl cut lad made a good point. When you start from the bottom you are more hungry.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 17, 2022 1:52 PM

Jun 2014
It is cool episode but still no real football gameplay direction and animation, it is basically just separated frames that create a movie.
Dec 17, 2022 1:55 PM
May 2021
phantomfandom said:
I'm actually glad that this anime has 2 cours. But if it's just one cour, this episode would be a nice stop anyway.

The Raichi guy, I already checked before that he doesn't have the same voice actor as Bakugo, but after this episode end I've to go check again just in case I forget, nope, still different voice actor. But the similarity is uncanny!

I guess at some point Itoshi Rin will go against his brother, Saetoshi Rin.

I hope Noel Noa will make a proper appearance.

Wait what? He’s not Bakugo?
I was 100% sure it was… Geez
Besides, Raichi has gone Plus Ultra in this episode
Dec 17, 2022 1:56 PM
May 2021
This episode looked like the end of first cour…will be a 12 episode next week or only in a next season?
Dec 17, 2022 1:57 PM
Jun 2022
every episode it’s gets better
Dec 17, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2017
Moving up, next time best boi Blue Lock Man will be introduced, so hype for that dude, best character in the series!
Dec 17, 2022 3:28 PM
Nov 2022
ost was nice and isagi goal was cool af
Dec 17, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
I predicted that they were being fooled about being the bottom of all groups. That would mean there are at least 200 people better than beasts like Barou, Nagi, Kunigami etc. The power scaling would have gone crazy and would not even be remotely realistic.

I am glad Isagi's special talent turned out to be not some bs, but an actual and meaningful thing. Being able to do direct shoots consistently is certainly going to be hell of a speciality. I guess his ability to position himself perfectly and make quick decisions leaded up to this. It actually makes sense. It is also pretty much the most egoistical thing a fw would do. The author totally knows what he is doing.
Dec 17, 2022 3:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Isagi finally found the missing piece that allowed him to score the game winning goal. Both Team V and Z both advance to the second selection along with a lone player from Team Y. However they had to go through some hard training before getting to the second selection. The second selection has five stages that each person must pass individually and Isagi was the second person to start the second selection process.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 1 recut into 3 eps on official YT subbed

JVskunkape - Oct 6

6 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 8, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

364 by _Reiz »»
Oct 3, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

135 by Mersailia »»
Oct 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

190 by EspionageArcs »»
Sep 21, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

177 by Mmb23 »»
Sep 15, 12:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.