Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2021 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mod Note: This episode thread is for the first televised episode of the anime (while it was pre-aired as the second episode).

Frau is the best girl!

So, we got some rabbit action this time and Sally has a curse of sorts similar to Mikoto.

Still generic if you ask me, but I like main trio as of now (looking at the opening the guard guy will join girls' party soon).

anime-primeJul 14, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 1, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
This time, Saltorine meets demi-human rabbit Frau in a school uniform of all things, weird supernatural things happen the same throughout.

But it soon becomes clear that humans steer clear of these demi-humans for the same perception reasons: the demon slayer Mikoto still reeks within the minds of the people, much less the fact that demons exist, and are the bane of humanity, even with good ones like Frau who are doing the same job as Mikoto.

The 3rd person of the pack: Hawthorn Grator, captain of the Rimdar Royal Knights. Wrongfully arresting both Sari and Frau, only to release them later and taking responsibility for what happens thereafter.

Walrus demon Seto vs. rabbit demi-human Frau, and the action is decent enough. For Saltorine, she will need sometime to get used to the fact that when demons come, she's an instant magnet to them, which would help the demon slayers in the long run...by being yet another Momotaro MC figure. That is, other than her large breasts (which bear a similarity to Dragon Maid's Tohru).

1 more episode to try out this one, hopefully it can get me engaged more.

PSA: PLEASE TAKE NOTE that the episode that came out today is THIS ONE.
There is a reason why the pre-screen and the TV version is vastly different:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1935388
KANLen09Jul 1, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 1, 2021 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
The one that Tokyo MX airs today really is this one. Dunno why or how it happened but episode 2 airing before episode 1 doesn't make sense unless it's corrected on other stations.

Also confirmed as 1-cour series.

Jul 1, 2021 6:43 AM

Jan 2021
How do I say it hmmm, am I the only one who finds Frau's design horrendous? 0-0
But I like her, she has a pretty cute personality

Finally they show us Saltorine's power, quite interesting, I wonder if it's something that can be improved upon

I'm still not impressed, it has interesting concepts but I still don't like it....

Eins? If this is supposed to be episode 1, the episode before which would it be? I'm a bit confused 😂
Jul 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2020
Apart from the weird release, the anime does look promising, albeit cliche.

Sally meeting frau was cute, and their interactions with one another was nice to watch. Seems like another fantasy demihuman racism anime, with frau being discriminated against by the villagers but they decide to sneak in? Seems like they're courting trouble and whaddya know but lets save that for later.

The chief seems genuine enough, genuinely stupid that is as he doesn't notice frau is a rabbit just because she has a hood on? Is this clark kent levels of plot armour? Jokes aside, him inviting them to saty over as long as they like was genuine, but gave me flashbacks to akame ga kill and the beginning of that lol.

Frau seems op, taking down that ogre in one hit, and obviously they were going to get kicked out but frau took it like a champ for sure, an the knights arresting them was obvious, but I didn't expect hawthorn to be nice. Yes little kid, saltorine does have massive personalities indeed, especially accentuated by her thin tight fitting clothing that makes no sense to travel with but I digress, it was visually interesting and I'm sure many other anime connoisseurs could agree.

The ogres seems like an interesting enemy, with a decent variety of powers with drawbacks, I guess ogres are just souped up animals and demi humans. Lowkey highkey that purple haired ogre reminded of a certain anime character from slime datta ken but I can't put my finger on it - ahem shion ahem. But her powers seems blooming crazy to be honest, leveling half the area in an instant at the cost of reverting back her form to her younger years. Interesting indeed.

When saltorine went crazy, I could see it a mile away - again- but it was nice to see her one shot the ogres arm like it was nothing. There's more than one peach? Apart from saltorines peach - cheeky if you get the double meaning - I guess mikoto also has one since I watched ep 2 before 1 since that's how I stumbled across it lol and from the flashbacks he seems fairly broken and needs to be nerfed next patch.

Seems hella generic but fun, would like to see this branch off for sure, but let's wait and see shall we?
LeviathanHWDJul 1, 2021 8:31 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 1, 2021 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
Some weird stuff with numbering, gotta delete and repost here i guess ...

Back to watching anime after skipping previous season.

Was a decent start. Was happy to see this manga to be animated, liked the manga a lot and the trailer looked really good. But the transitions in the beginning were so abrupt, don't think it was supposed to be that way. While animation is good, it feels different and when started reading had a thought how great the manga looks.
(don't remember the fanservice scene)

Sally's smile in the end what i was waiting for and waiting for more.
Jul 1, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
So episode 1 of the actual TV series, but episode 2 in chronological order. (at least it's simpler than PriPri haha)

Liking this hare demi-human and that twist on Saltorine. Haven't seen ep 1 of chronological order, which explains her curse or whatever. Hope to see more of her past next ep (or beginning? this watch order is weird)

Big change from what Shinja usually does, but blond oppai girl seems to be still in the game!
BoazanianJul 1, 2021 10:22 AM
Jul 1, 2021 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
Ok so I guess since the episode I just watched was technically episode 2, I'll repost what I put in the episode 1 thread here. I don't think this is a good idea to air it in a shuffled manner smh, people are already confused all over the place and I'm sure more confusion will follow.

I actually wasn't expecting this show to be that bloody lol so that was a pleasant surprise. Obviously it isn't the most gory anime out there but going into this (with no knowledge whatsoever of the source material) I didn't think it was going to be at the violence level that it's at.
thebrentinator24Jul 1, 2021 2:19 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 1, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
well i watched the second episode first but i dont really think its that big of a deal, this was pretty interesting so hope it turns out nice
Jul 1, 2021 10:02 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Lol, no wonder the introduction felt so bizarre. At least this didn't feel like a bad way to start the series off

This was the first episode I watched and it's interesting I guess. That tentacle scene was quite unexpected but random lol.

Also, she is looking pretty badass at the end there

Jul 2, 2021 3:52 AM

Nov 2013
As mostly everyone did, I saw what turns out to be the SECOND episode instead of first.

Got to say that first impressions are very poor. Will likely drop it. Plot and characters are generic... Steaming garbage I'd say... Gonna watch few more just to be certain.
Jul 2, 2021 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
I'm so lost and confused. Can someone tell me where to watch this series in the same order as the manga? Episode 1 doesn't cover the first chapter
Jul 6, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Pyoung said:
I'm so lost and confused. Can someone tell me where to watch this series in the same order as the manga? Episode 1 doesn't cover the first chapter
Wait for Episode 4 to come out.

More info: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1935388
Jul 6, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
KANLen09 said:
Pyoung said:
Wait for Episode 4 to come out.

More info: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1935388
ahh thanks for the information!
Jul 8, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2019
Well THAT was an ending... Holy shit

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 8, 2021 9:16 AM

Nov 2015
It was a nice ending: D
Jul 8, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
Welp. That ending was truly something lmao. Also amazed at how when they get those eye peaces, how yandere they go lol
Jul 8, 2021 10:10 AM

Sep 2019
The new girl is very cute. I wasn't expecting that ending lol
Jul 8, 2021 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
Successfully evaporated city.
Jul 8, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
We finally meet Mikoto and damn, he is so cool. The fact that he is voiced by Nao Touyama leaves my body confused though xD. And it's hilarious that after so many rejections she had to voice a guy in order to win... or at least I hope so.

Crazy Sally is also pretty cool. She's just great all around.

So that's how the ogre girl becomes part of the team, she was lucky that Mikoto saw himself in her (I guess at some point we will have his bacstory). Kind of weird that Sally didn't question her actions and jumped right in to save her and escape though.

That ending... God damn! I was wondering how the knight would join the team but having the whole kingdom blasted away is a good reason lol.

I'm really liking this show.
Jul 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Jun 2017
Mikoto is cool and it looks like he can use his powers at will unlike Sally. I hope they will meet eventually.

That ending was pretty unexpected, so it seems like most ogres have signature death cannons which can even wipe out kingdoms. Bonus for adding the ogre girl to the party and now (ex) captain guy is also stuck with them. lol
Jul 8, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2017
TBH, the first part with Mikoto felt boring. The guy nailed himself to the ground just to show off, heh.

After the switch to Sally and Frau it was pretty funny.
Poor captain, lost his home and comrades in a second...
Seems like pure luck for our heroines to avoid sudden doom by doing an improvised jailbreak. Or, was it luck really?
RainyShadowJul 8, 2021 1:44 PM
Jul 8, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2014
I liked the pacing of this episode much more, and things are gettng really interesting, also loved character interactions between sally, frau and ogre girl.

The timming for the disapearance of the city was a bit too... convenient.
Jul 8, 2021 2:52 PM
Oct 2020
This is so dumb, ogre girl litterally killed hundreds with her beam and MC is like noooo i cant let you die :( its not fair. Lmao
Jul 8, 2021 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
VivoDeCupones said:
This is so dumb, ogre girl litterally killed hundreds with her beam and MC is like noooo i cant let you die :( its not fair. Lmao

Seriously. I get it's a very anime protagonist thing to do, but do you not live in this world? Does this apparent war between human and ogre mean nothing to you? We got that she's from elsewhere for not having preconceived notions about beast people, but in these 2 episodes she's shown fear of ogres, had them almost kill her 3 times, and watched them wipe out some frolicking children in spitting distance. It's not like a human caught in the same situation wouldn't be executed.

Meanwhile don't actually feel like dropping despite the dumb. Maybe I'm just starved for an action show that isn't an isekai or videogame.
Jul 8, 2021 3:35 PM
Oct 2020
Bio said:
VivoDeCupones said:

Seriously. I get it's a very anime protagonist thing to do, but do you not live in this world? Does this apparent war between human and ogre mean nothing to you? We got that she's from elsewhere for not having preconceived notions about beast people, but in these 2 episodes she's shown fear of them, had them almost kill her 3 times, and watched them wipe out some frolicking children in spitting distance. It's not like a human caught in the same situation wouldn't be executed.

Meanwhile don't actually feel like dropping despite the dumb. Maybe I'm just starved for an action show that isn't an isekai or videogame.
i feel u, im curious as to where this will go but not really of to a great statt 😅
Jul 8, 2021 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
imagine if they didn't escape in jail and didn't run fast outside of the kingdom, RIP for those who are still inside of the kingdom hope this anime will be still nice until the last episode of the series TwT also can't wait for the next episode!
TensoruJul 8, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 8, 2021 5:16 PM
Apr 2021
I wonder if every episode is going to end with a power scaling flex...
Jul 8, 2021 5:25 PM
Peace Forever!

Nov 2019
What a way to start an anime...
Anyway, even if they complicate it a thousand times, it will still be something decent thrown to mediocre (so far).
Jul 8, 2021 5:59 PM

May 2021
While this show is dumb and trashy as fuck, I think it is pretty refreshing to see this fantasy setting. It is always good to see an anime that doesnt take itself seriously at all

Jul 8, 2021 7:28 PM

Jul 2019
It's surprisingly tolerable. Albeit cliché asf.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 8, 2021 9:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m hoping mal eventually figures out how these episode threads are going to work, so for now I’m going to be positing in the TV order like last time.

Another great episode, I really like Mikoto, he’s pretty badass and I like his feminine appearance. I’m glad he didn’t kill the ogre girl and only stripped her powers away, we’ll sadly never see loli mode again tho lol. Looks like the MCs barely escaped death by a hair, that city they were protecting for the last two episodes is donezo. Rip all those people. I liked the Ed a lot at the end too, excited for next week!
Jul 9, 2021 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! orge's powers in this show is really OP!!!
4/5.

Jul 9, 2021 12:24 AM

Dec 2020
that ending holy fucking shit bro😭😭
Jul 9, 2021 2:34 AM

Mar 2019
...and that boys and girls, is why you take the horse and don't offer it to someone else xD
Jul 9, 2021 2:34 AM
Nov 2020
The way that kingdom got evaporated ...reminds me of what the gun devil's destruction in Chainsaw Man.

The ogre girl is really cute. Still don't know whether to like this series or not.
Jul 9, 2021 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
Mikoto is very strong despite everything seems to have a great mystery around her that is something curious to tell the truth.
Jul 9, 2021 4:10 AM
Jun 2019
Wow, so many things I didn't see coming. Is this their special power, disintegration immunity?
Jul 9, 2021 4:54 AM

Jun 2016
very interesting anime !!
100% gonna watch this till end
Jul 9, 2021 7:36 AM

Mar 2019
looks good . hope it will be interesting in the future

Jul 9, 2021 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
I honestly feel iffy about the ogre joining the crew but am very happy the soilder will be joining them. She blew up people before joining them... Well guess the crew didn't see it. The kingdom :( Those knights who asked to touch bunnies hand were cool. I never knew Mikoto was a dude lol
Jul 10, 2021 12:02 AM

Dec 2016
Now, it's getting interesting. The way it ended was so unexpected. The whole kingdom got blown away to ashes just like that. That power seemed similar to that one eye and horn ogre but this one was way more stronger than hers. I think it could be that mysterious guy who called Sally ‘kusso onna’.

Now Hawthorn has no choice but to join Sally and the rest.

Mikoto seems really powerful. I wonder what is he...ogre or human. Can't wait to know more about his backstory.

This whole discussion is so mixed up, never saw this happen in any other anime XD

I'm watching in the TV order so my posts will be in that order too. Don't wanna go through the trouble of searching for the right discussion...Chronologically I haven't watched episode 1 yet XD
Jul 10, 2021 12:27 PM
May 2020
i dunno whats happening but i wanna clart the ever living shizz outta frau
Jul 10, 2021 12:35 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been correctly modified.
Jul 14, 2021 6:45 PM

Mar 2013
After watching the first ep, I have no idea what's going on in this series. I was left completely hanging.

Looking at the thread, it appears that this is actually ep 2 and they switched the ordering, which raises the question ... Why ? ...

Gave a 1 to this episode as it was really confusing.
Jul 15, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
this was the worst first episode I have ever seen in an anime the whole story doesn't make sense 0 out of 10
SaiDxvLightJul 15, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 22, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2013
When they left the village, Frau had her hammer appear on her back out of thin air...
Jul 22, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
Rushed pacing and kind of half hearted overall but at least it was weird and unique, I like it.
Sep 12, 2021 3:36 AM
Mar 2012
Saw ep4 then ep1 (real order).
This got better fight animation & excitement suited as premiere.
But all the peachboy, nonhuman fear, eye development, her travel, hair, meeting Frau etc makes sense & flows way better in real order.
Dope lazer eye there.
Sep 24, 2021 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
Sally and Frau feel like they are going to be great buddies with both of them bein a badass for beating the shit out of those ogres (especially sally with her sudden boost in strength).

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.