Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2020 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, a kiss to Jugo this episode. I was not expecting that, even for the show's finale. Not an ordinary kiss though.

I'd say the overall concept and story is still far from over with the problems in the city. But for now, they managed to fight the injustice and survived in this timeline. Juzo also back to his regular work again with his partners. I have to say though..even for the final episode, Juzo is still kicking ass and isn't afraid to show what he's capable of. Pretty fun show overall.
Sep 24, 2020 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
OH MAN, Pepper and Seven's breakdown since the time they met by chance in Beruhren, under torturous conditions.

Seeing Seven decimate himself for Pepper's safety, Seven was the only person that she embraced as her Hands partner, and to see it all wither away, the drab look on her face is all but shattered in pieces of her dreams.

Even at the final moments, Juzo has never forgotten his role as a fighter, while Tetsuro has recovered fully. I don't like to think that No Guns Life will get a Season 3, but this is more than enough, I'd feel.

What a fitting end to 24 episodes.
Sep 24, 2020 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
Pepper's backstory was... something.
Sep 24, 2020 11:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Already finished... :/ I feel like this second cour was truly good, better than the first one in my opinion, I will miss it
Sep 24, 2020 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
Man I hate how slept on this show was. It’s genuinely a great watch. I’ll really miss it, I doubt we’ll get a season 3, but there’s always the manga. I really need more of Juzo, Mary, Olivier and co.. for those of us that did watch no guns life.. I think we loved it.
Sep 24, 2020 11:52 AM

Oct 2017
A perfectly fine finale and this season was pretty good overall, a lot better than the previous one.

That kiss was wild XD.

Welp the chances of this getting a season 3 is as good as No game no life getting a season 2 so not hoping to get one and don't want one either.
Sep 24, 2020 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
This was a fun little arc, kinda surprised they set up so much stuff for the future this season. I guess they want a 3rd season whether that will actually happen or not. I'd be willing to watch a 3rd cour tbh, I like the atmosphere in this show a lot and especially the dynamic between Juuzo and well pretty much everyone he comes into contact with xD
Sep 24, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
first cour was more fun imo. but some things were explained at least
needed more Olivier lol
Sep 24, 2020 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
dannymilk said:
first cour was more fun imo. but some things were explained at least
needed more Olivier lol

Hopefully we'll get more of her in a third season then :-)

Really like this shows atmosphere and the great looking character designs. Every season needs a "light" seinen show like this one.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 24, 2020 1:00 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Sad end to Pepper’s tale, you can tell a good story when it gives you feels for a rather twisted antagonist 😅 Nice to see a cameo by Karen too, even in flashback. Maybe they will both still have a part to play if ever there is a Season 3 😊
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 24, 2020 2:33 PM

Oct 2019
Feels sad to say goodbye to this show, I really enjoyed every moment of it. That was a really nice and wholesome sendoff for the three main characters though. While the chances are low, I'd love to get another season in the future.

At least we still have the manga!
Sep 24, 2020 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
So the patch on his butt was made by Rosa. Was she the rich girl that had the info on Behruren?
Sep 24, 2020 3:20 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty deece final episode. Feels a little bit wrapped up which is prob what they were going for since I doubt there will be a third season. I'd say I liked this season a little more than the first, but it still wasn't anything too special. The ending was dank tho.
Sep 24, 2020 6:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More past has been added. Surely its Pepper's flashback that required to completed the story of the rivality between Seven and Juuzo. Beruhren just a simple evil being. Its even separated Seven and Pepper again after she failed to survive among the last battle. Such a shame, indeed, but its happening. The last information of her kinda intrigueing. However, once again, the dissapointment of no continuity cancel my high expectations. Yeah, to be honestly, i am still curious about the continuity of these series. Because its still had a huge place to get explored, especially with the real deal against Beruhren. So, yeah, a chance of another season still intacted. However, the probability was so low. Such a shame.

Oh, well. No matter what the situation on the series, i still appreciated this on. Especially with the effort they had on the battle scenes, a nice character development that got balanced for everyone, and more importantly, a stunning soundtracks they had

Story in general: 7
Arts dept: 7
Sounds dept: 8
Characters development: 8
Enjoyment: 8
Overall, its just went to 8/10. (+0.4 additional point to closed a nice progression from the previous cour)

Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 24, 2020 7:34 PM
Dec 2014
I honestly feel like this season was a marked improvement over the first. Stronger characterization, better paced, and the soundtrack was flexing harder than part 1-3 Jojo characters in still shots. Its one downside is Pervert-kun. I... why did he exist? Can any manga readers enlighten me as to what his purpose was? Is he relevant later on, or was this one of those moments where a character exists just so the author can have a break?
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento

"When a piece of media is bad, it's much easier to nitpick the less significant things because they're seen as a part of the problem. Alternatively, it becomes more difficult to nitpick something like a masterpiece because even the flaws are seen as contributing to the overall quality of the media." -Paraphrasing Mauler
Sep 24, 2020 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
Snot coming out of Pepper's nose is fucking disgusting but I'm guessing it's a fetish someone on the team might have. We've gotten two close ups of liquid snot dripping from her nose already.

I hope Seven isn't dead. He's my favorite character so far. I liked him even more after this episode.
臭い-
Sep 24, 2020 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
Am I the only one who almost throw up when Pepper pulled that dead spider covered in spit out of her mouth? Jesus, that was fucking disgusting.

Well, decent way to conclude this show. Pepper's flashback was interesting to some extent but it wasn't really what I was expecting since I wanted to know more about her life but before she crossed paths with Berühren. The way how she became Seven's hands didn't give any new info and only reaffirmed the fact of just how nuts the chick is.
The last scene of the episode was surprisingly sweet tho, with Juuzou realizing he now has people he can laugh and discuss with.

Overall, this second part/season was definitely better than the first one. The arcs it addressed felt more intriguing and the development our main trio received was quite good as well as nicely balanced. Wouldn't mind a "third" season but considering how little attention this series has received, the possibilities seem quite slim.

6/10 - Mary's twerking will be missed.
Sep 25, 2020 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Pepper is crazy. Seven getting caught sucks but I guess he will be back in the future hopefully for pepper. So did his partner get executed or something. Sucks they left that hanging
Sep 25, 2020 1:13 AM

May 2019
The second cour was decent; improved world-building and characterisation, and thankfully the pacing improved noticeably, too.

Solid 6/10.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 25, 2020 3:54 AM

Oct 2008
Such an empty sad ending...
3/5.
7/10.

Sep 25, 2020 3:55 AM

Jul 2016
liamhabib said:
The second cour was decent; improved world-building and characterisation, and thankfully the pacing improved noticeably, too.

Solid 6/10.

I agree. Second season slighlty better than first.

Hopefully get another go around in the future.
Sep 25, 2020 7:04 AM

May 2019
Vindicater said:
liamhabib said:

Solid 6/10.

I agree. Second season slighlty better than first.

Hopefully get another go around in the future.

I really doubt it will, though. Not enough endorsement or hype for them to make an entirely new season :/

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 25, 2020 8:32 AM

Apr 2018
One of the most underrated anime of this season. I really liked it since season 1 and hopefully, we get another season. Juzo and the crew manage to beat Pepper and Seven. and this episode is basically what happened after that.
Sep 25, 2020 6:27 PM
Dec 2015
Pepper's story was just... damn...
Sep 26, 2020 12:10 AM

Jun 2014
Oh god when Pepper pulled that spider out of her mouth......yikes.

A nice ending, I wasn't super big on this show but it and season 1 were still a decent and enjoyable watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
I can't help but throw a little love towards Pepper! I guess Seven and Juzo even see something in her as she not dead now. But damn, there are so many threads dangling and yet to be tied together. If there is not a third season I'm going to go full on BLM and riot and burn down some innocent peoples shops!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 26, 2020 3:51 PM

Aug 2016
I like it. Definitely better than the first season.
7/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Sep 26, 2020 11:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid final episode but I'm afraid the season as a whole has been a downgrade compared to the previous. I quite enjoyed Juuzo's development and character exploration though.

Pepper's backstory is as dire as I imagined it to be. Good lord, that scene of her pulling out the spider from her mouth was horrifying. And quite the lusty kiss there too. It's nice to see her dealing with Seven's loss in her own way.

I wonder where Juuzo's Hand is though, implications points towards Beruhren headquarters?

All in all, it still gets a solid 6/10 from me. Wouldn't mind a 3rd season at all, as such.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2020 7:16 AM

Nov 2008
+1 to first season being better. I feel like it covered more material as second only featured two major arcs - the Victor and Seven/Pepper ones. And still, after 24 episodes, it doesn't feel like anything in this story was resolved at all - the encounter with Victor resulted in them talking a little and then parting ways again, the hyped up confrontation against Seven turned out rather underwhelming and only resulted in him and Pepper being incapacitated for a while as i'm sure they will make a comeback. Also uncannily convenient for that spider to also have been named Seven.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Sep 27, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2019
have to say I didn't really had high hopes for the second season since first season felt like such a sleeper, but this second season was so good in comparison, maybe it suposed to be one 24 ep season instead of 2 12 eps ones, and it makes sense, since the first 12 eps where more of an introduction and setting the plot points, but was so god damn boring because it dumped a lot of info, info we now got to enjoy in the second season, they even had a banger intro and ending in this one, everything was executed better, even the backgrounds look better, there where some ps2 looking renders in the first one sometimes.

really epic
Sep 27, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2012

I wouldn't said this is my favourite but it certainly enjoyable for me. Gonna miss the op and especially the ed for many reason xD

Definitely was a fun watch xD
Sep 28, 2020 12:20 PM

Dec 2016
Ignota said:

Can I ask you where you read manga?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 28, 2020 10:48 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Juzo has his support group He now realizes just how bad the enemy is
Sep 28, 2020 11:55 PM

Oct 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
Ignota said:

Can I ask you where you read manga?

I purchased each volume as they come out, I think you can find them on manga4life.com up to volume 6? They don't have 7 yet though.
Oct 1, 2020 6:57 PM

Apr 2020
Hands down the most underrated anime of this season. I can't help but think we might get a Season 3. This final episode gave me that impression. Anyways, overall i'd have to give it 7/10. Not a personal favorite of mine, but a good anime nonetheless. Also, that opening and ending were absolute FIRE!
Oct 3, 2020 7:07 AM

Feb 2014
Very good anime. I hope there will be a 3rd season to conclude the story.

8/10.
I would have rated it 8.5/10 if possible.

At times like this you see, again, when you can´t fully trust the mean scores of animes.
Too bad this anime is underrated.
Oct 3, 2020 8:33 PM
Feb 2010
I want to like this show, but it's just so boring. Too much pseudo-philosophical banter, and not in a good way like psycho pass. Action scenes are good but short and overshadowed by the boring pseudo-philosophical banter as if I'm watching DBZ.

Multiple episodes take place in the same building in the same room with 90% talk about emotions and feelings, leading to plot stagnation. The rest is just filler comic relief trying to emulate older generation shows. The overall feeling is similar to a Bee train production.
Oct 4, 2020 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
I hate spiders so that backstory.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

An ending with no resolution as I expected. So this gets a 6/10. You gotta stick the landing, and also a point off for that gross thing with the spider.
Oct 26, 2020 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
I personally liked the first season more. The characterization has improved but the story wasn't engaging enough. I guess this season was more informative about Berühren, Spitzbergen, Juzo, Victor and Tetsuro. But there was too much talk and less action which made it somewhat boring.
Nov 24, 2020 5:18 AM

Aug 2017
Again, flashbacks came too late. Pepper's backstory was so weird man, I think they wasted her sister, Karen, she didn't really do anything revelant after the first few episodes from season 1. I like the mystery about the current whereabouts of Juzo's partner.

A slightly improvement from the chaotic s1 since its much more plot-oriented. I doubt we’ll get a season 3. 6/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
Ehh can't say I cared for Pepper's backstory, nor how she and Seven came to be partners.

In the end, she did feel remorse though.

This season was alright, definitely better than the last. I can't help but feel like this last episode was a little weak however. But overall, it was decent.

6/10
Jan 16, 2021 8:58 PM
Oct 2019
Didn't feel like a finale to a season. Kind of a "soft" episode in that regard. Didn't feel like a whole lot went down or that there was much resolution.

Pepper really is a psychopath. Why did she call the spider 7? Did she know about the GSU named 7 already? I also wonder how her sister and her came to be in that facility...

Anyways, early on I thought season 2 was a clear step down from season 1. I didn't care for that whole fake brother?Victor storyline.I thought the latter half of the season got better; back on track.

It's still insane to me how those GSUs can heal themselves like that, and store all those weapons and appendages and whatever in there.

I'd probably give this season a 7.5/10, but I'll round it up because I liked the 1st season, I like Juzo, and I really find the overall story to be fascinating.

Sadly, I'm not expecting this to get a 3rd season, but fingers crossed. I'd really like to have a conclusion in regards to Victor and those 4 weirdo giant talking head things.
Jan 17, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2018
The second had a good start at the beginning, but as soon as it became stupid fighting and weird fight-scenes with bad CGI it became atrocious to watch. And the story became also very weak with new characters that were not very well explained at all and plots being left open after they sucked all the flashy bits out. Besides what is the family of a guard doing at a place that had a fight going on for like one or two hours? I mean, the parts of the statue didn't fell far from the torso, and that place around it was evacuated. The story has just become a mess. I hope they will get back to detective work with military past, instead of military mumbo-jumbo talk for half the season...

7/10 couldve been better
Feb 11, 2021 5:45 AM

Jul 2015
We already knew Pepper is a crazy waifu but pulling a whole spider out of her mouth definitely takes it up a notch. Have to say its quite the lovely patch the womanizer Juuzo got on his coat.
Definitely an improvement compared to the first season with this season's story having a lot more focus. Besides the immersion breaking cgi, I think this was a pretty solid season with a lot of character development.

Mar 6, 2021 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Late to this but hot damn, this season comes together nicely with S1.

One of my favorite parts were Juzo realizing long ago what the weigh of choice is, once his partner stepped away from standing behind him. Those flashbacks were also super cool that I really hoped to see more of them ~ heck, that could've been it's own story even!

Aaaaa, wanted to see more of this guy:

Maybe some OVAs will be released in future, idk, but I doubt. At any rate, great stuff, 9/10. Will prob look into the manga eventually.
May 1, 2021 7:28 AM

Dec 2010
This was wrapped up pretty well, enough closure to move on without reading the manga, and yet enough mystery to promote further reading if you're really invested in it. Despite finding the show lacking in some departments, I'm really content with this finale.

MeritasMay 1, 2021 7:31 AM
Aug 16, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
Seriously the flashbacks hyped me so much, I'm beginning to like the series when it's over lol can't stop listening the op.

I really like the anime in the end... too bad the stupid kid is so annoying and ruining it. Still can't get over the fact that he wanted to use the dying body of someone else to kill people in the first episode and it get brushed over like it was not important.
Dec 4, 2021 3:22 AM
Jan 2021
I am glad that I watched this show, it got better as what I expected. I am also gonna miss best man Juzo, best boy Tetsuro and best girl Mary. What a nice anime from Madhouse.

8/10 for this show and this season.
Sep 4, 2022 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't even notice that the fight was already over at the end of last episode. Makes the fight overall even less impressive.

This show had a lot of potential, mostly for fanservice because of the hotties involved. Unfortunately they didn't really do much with it and instead focused on Tetsuro, the generic hero. If Pepper joins the good guys, then I could see myself watch a 3rd season, but that probably won't happen. 5/10
Oct 25, 2022 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
First season better
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 23, 2020

36 by Kayarbee70 »»
Mar 30, 5:55 PM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

40 by souledge94 »»
Mar 24, 3:38 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

32 by souledge94 »»
Mar 23, 4:34 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2020

28 by souledge94 »»
Mar 22, 5:46 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

29 by souledge94 »»
Mar 17, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.