Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2020 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, now it's in the timeline with Shingo and the main girls of the series. Life in the city is pretty typical, nothing too out of the ordinary.

However out in the wilderness is pretty dangerous. Louise and Lina should be more careful and watch out in the future so they don't get outnumbered by those wolves. Speaking of which, I do find Ena somewhat likable so far with her personality.
Stark700Apr 16, 2020 7:05 AM
Apr 16, 2020 6:32 AM

Feb 2019
Been waiting all week for this. Last week was such a great episode seeing Well’s development and training. Saying goodbye to Alfred was difficult, but time to see how much Well’s grown!

We finally get the girls from the OP. Wouldn’t be an isekai without people fighting over joining your adventuring squad

How many bears can fit in that bag???

Classic miscommunication. Well wants to be friends with them, they want to be friends with him. Neither side has the courage to go up and just talk

Amadeus’ voice doesn’t seem like it fits him at all. Way deeper than you’d expect given his appearance. Super nice of Well to claim them as his party members

I don’t really trust the court magician. Something seems odd about him

Overall really good episode, laid the foundations of a long lasting friendship and introduced some new characters. Looking forward to next week. Still think the current 6.50 rating for this show on MAL is very low. Ratings shouldn’t be allowed 3 eps in.

Apr 16, 2020 6:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's probably better now that he's older, the two girls in the group are cool but the blonde guy seems useless tbh, i'm waiting for more real action (hoping it will be good and without CGI monsters shit battles)
Apr 16, 2020 7:11 AM
Aug 2018
It's really infuriating that, i quote, Shingo Ichinomiya, a 25-year-old man working at a firm company. He was a 25 year-old dude, worked at a company, doesn't even know how to communicate with literally 10 year-old kid younger than him... I would want to continue watch this anime, but I just can't even...
Apr 16, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
Ashhk said:
It's probably better now that he's older, the two girls in the group are cool but the blonde guy seems useless tbh, i'm waiting for more real action (hoping it will be good and without CGI monsters shit battles)

The blonde guy is not useless.
Apr 16, 2020 7:41 AM
Apr 2014
Wow, the Manga was so much better with this part.
Nothing about this weird kind of misunderstanding, and he became friends with the blonde guy early too.

I dont care if the Anime is closer to the LN or whatever, the manga was clearly more interesting in this part, and not as frustrating.
Apr 16, 2020 7:46 AM

May 2015
What was the point of making this an isekai? His past self is now nowhere to be seen. They keep going back to his master and he keeps crying for a dude that he knew for just two weeks...
In the end this was just another Kenja no Mago...
This story would've been much more interesting if he got into a succession dispute or something like that. Now that thing about not being the first son's just some sort of cheap inspiration to "chase your dreams!" or something like that
Apr 16, 2020 7:56 AM

Apr 2018
mc is mentally over 30 years old but acts like an immature child...
Apr 16, 2020 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Wow this episode was surprisingly good. Lol that blonde kid reminded me of demiurge so much. Reading too much into stuff and interpreting situations as he wants, that's low key Demiurge right there.

I actually didn't think that noble would be a good guy. I'm glad Well finally found some people to share his burden and those three kids looked like they'll be amusing.
Apr 16, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
It is getting better than it started honestly, if they hadn't had the showing of him being fine with his home and party, it'd prob been way better.
Apr 16, 2020 8:14 AM
Oct 2018
BadChase said:
Nothing about this weird kind of misunderstanding, and he became friends with the blonde guy early too.

I dont care if the Anime is closer to the LN or whatever, the manga was clearly more interesting in this part, and not as frustrating.

Yeah, i agree. This way of meeting and getting to form a party felt so much more weird than the manga version. Also was way better bonding and much better character building (especially for Erw) in the manga about the forming of the party. Sucks that they made it this way, and i can only hope that later parts don't differ this much from the manga version. Also, hope they remove his (and his friends to some extent) awkwardness since i feel like it's kinda out of their character from how i remeber them.
Apr 16, 2020 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
*facepalm*

At least the ED is good.
Apr 16, 2020 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
A surprisingly good episode.

So we see the MC in the adventurer academy and had a hard time making friends. At least, in the end, he was able to form a party with the trio.

Apr 16, 2020 8:33 AM
Apr 2014
Tha_Bolo said:
BadChase said:

Yeah, i agree. This way of meeting and getting to form a party felt so much more weird than the manga version. Also was way better bonding and much better character building (especially for Erw) in the manga about the forming of the party. Sucks that they made it this way, and i can only hope that later parts don't differ this much from the manga version. Also, hope they remove his (and his friends to some extent) awkwardness since i feel like it's kinda out of their character from how i remeber them.

Yeah exactly. And also is it just me that feels that even though the manga was really sped up, still had better pacing than the anime? Like felt that nothing happened in the first episode, nor the second one, despite the second one covering one of the more interesting parts in the beginning of the manga..

Actually a little disappointed with this, and I had no expectations. The OP song is also too good for this show. Seriously.
Apr 16, 2020 8:44 AM
Aug 2016
This is terrible, I don't understand how some of you can watch it with a straight face, honestly
Apr 16, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
I can see this anime would be getting worse every episodes just like isekai cheat magician, but well sometimes trash anime could be surprisingly enjoyable to watch so i'll stick with it..
Apr 16, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2017
Well might be the luckiest anime character ever 😳

It's hilarious that his class think he's always alone and observing because he thinks he's above everyone but it's just because he's shy haha Well is too adorable 😊
Apr 16, 2020 9:46 AM
Oct 2018
Last week he even cried when alfred died. Did he forgot that he is 20+ yrs old???? Why bother with isekai then lol
Apr 16, 2020 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
BadChase said:
Tha_Bolo said:

Yeah exactly. And also is it just me that feels that even though the manga was really sped up, still had better pacing than the anime? Like felt that nothing happened in the first episode, nor the second one, despite the second one covering one of the more interesting parts in the beginning of the manga..

Actually a little disappointed with this, and I had no expectations. The OP song is also too good for this show. Seriously.

ln is closer to manga then, to this strange mess. it felt like they rewrote original material to make it more mainstream.

not bad episode, just huge mess from original material point of view.
BrandonApr 29, 2020 11:07 PM
Apr 16, 2020 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Another nice episode. Compared to the bad Smartphone-Isekai and the Cheat Magician with the plot (they tried too hard but it was only generic plot) this feels like some normal enjoyable adventuring-type fantasy with nice chars.

Usually I like adventuring-type stuff less. But the chars so far were nice. (Small martial arts girl reminds me of the small girl from Koihime Musou.) And less expectations to the plot. (So less than get ruined.)

Still opening or ending showed some monsters and at the beginning of episode 1 there was some "work" he did with his magic. I hope we get to see him more as an administrator ... lil bit politics. Helping in agriculture or with building stuff with the magic. And monsters only for defending against them.

Duke guy and his court magician were nice guys. I like that better than the usual "the evil guy trying to use the main and his powers".

Funny with those misunderstandings at the beginning. A lil bit comedy. Also when he used his magic bag and took out the tons of animals he hunted. :D

The only thing that's Isekai though is that he calculated in Yen. (Could have used just some normal boy that lives in this world for that plot.)
Apr 16, 2020 10:24 AM

Dec 2016
Spot the protagonist

Why thank you Young SoapBox, there's no way we could have found out that parties are forever in this magical world.

Indeed I would also look gloomy if my meal consisted on some piece of cut wood that resembles a steak or something. The large piece of herb does look quite fresh, maybe it was also part of the tree were they got the wood.

Self Referencial Humor. It's nice when the extras know their place.

These magicians are far more powerful than Vegetta & Nappa, they can sense the power of their friends/foes from much larger distances without any tracker that has a limit of 9000

Also thank you Mr soapbox for that important piece of information about Albert and how he transfers his goods.

Of course, we couldn't have an isekai without our mandatory quota of wish fulfillment. MC already carries an important item in his bottomless magic pouch that instantly grants him a ridiculous amount of cash and a luxurious villa.

Don't get me wrong, just because I'm poking fun at the show doesn't mean I hate it. I'm degusting it just like I would degust an affordbale MCdonalds, or a Subway

My only true gripe is that MC despite being the reincarnation of a mid/late 20s salaryman, totally acts like an angsty teenager (yes I know he said that he grew all alone, that still doesn't make sense) he could have used his past experiences as a teenager in order to be more vocal or at least less introvert (like the MC from RE:Life)
KimurahApr 16, 2020 10:28 AM
Apr 16, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
hmm,.. there it is.. he got richer all of a sudden
Apr 16, 2020 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
It was... fine, I guess.

Apr 16, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder if he got to keep his bag of holding!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 16, 2020 12:41 PM

Nov 2011
Another anime I am on the fence about. The characters faces at times seem meh to me. Like when they are still faced they lack expression.

It's not poorly animated just not as good as other anime this season.

The feels were there for Shisho though T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2020 12:49 PM

Jun 2016
jack4s said:
BadChase said:

ln is closer to manga then, to this strange mess. it felt like they rewrote original material to make it more mainstream. i'm already afraid what they will do with episodes where he get fiancé and his birthday episode. (rewrote, make it extra echi or remove all scenes).

not bad episode, just huge mess from original material point of view.

I am glad that I was not the only one who remembered and worried about this episode with a birthday present.

As the second episode was good, the third is just as bad. Why was it necessary to change the characters' acquaintance with each other so stupidly, and what kind of unexpected protagonist concerns about making friends.

Apr 16, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
He's older now, the story seems to get better, so they created a party.

Apr 16, 2020 1:53 PM
Jan 2017
What made the previous episode so enjoyable is unfortunately absent here. The previous episode gave the impression that Well wouldn't follow the typical clichés that are so common in light novel anime and he'd have to earn his powers and accomplishments, but this episode undoes that and goes straight for the clichés. By the end of this episode, Well is at the top of his class and has an estate and to me, that's less natural character development and more like a plot convenience. I hope this show can turn things around.
Apr 16, 2020 2:23 PM
May 2016
Yikes that took a disturbing turn towards mediocrity compared to the last episode.
Apr 16, 2020 4:24 PM
Nov 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Been waiting all week for this. Last week was such a great episode seeing Well’s development and training. Saying goodbye to Alfred was difficult, but time to see how much Well’s grown!

We finally get the girls from the OP. Wouldn’t be an isekai without people fighting over joining your adventuring squad

How many bears can fit in that bag???

Classic miscommunication. Well wants to be friends with them, they want to be friends with him. Neither side has the courage to go up and just talk

Amadeus’ voice doesn’t seem like it fits him at all. Way deeper than you’d expect given his appearance. Super nice of Well to claim them as his party members

I don’t really trust the court magician. Something seems odd about him

Overall really good episode, laid the foundations of a long lasting friendship and introduced some new characters. Looking forward to next week. Still think the current 6.50 rating for this show on MAL is very low. Ratings shouldn’t be allowed 3 eps in.

So I’m not the only one who thought that court magician set his so called disciple Alfred up bc he got tired of being outshined lol. I’m so used to other harem anime’s rushing to the plot that this show feels slow as shit. I’m just ready for the blonde bombshell to make her appearance looking like a nun ready for action. 1,000 gold lol equals 1 billion yen haha and that new crib is enormous when u see his height
Apr 16, 2020 4:42 PM

Dec 2014
I am surprisingly really enjoying this anime so far and I am looking forward to watching more over the coming weeks.
Apr 16, 2020 5:20 PM

Oct 2008
oh such a very good episode!
those three party members are gonna be loyal to MC!
there's 2 more members missing!
5/5.

Apr 16, 2020 5:24 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I can't put my finger on it but for some reason this isn't triggering the cringe like Wise Man's Grandchild and Isekai Cheat Magician did for me (Isekai Cheat Magician to a much greater extent than Wise Man's Grandchild, which I at least was able to complete.) Anyone have any ideas why that may be so? I figure that at least some people have thought about it since those two anime's names have been thrown around often in the forums.
gaussian_Apr 16, 2020 8:44 PM
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Apr 16, 2020 6:23 PM
Jun 2017
its hard to be alone, and especially if your being misinterpreted by others.. as all his classmates dont talk to him as they are thinking they will not be recognized by him...

and skills alone, he is way OP... hahaha
Apr 16, 2020 7:05 PM

Jun 2013
Felt like a completely different show compared to the first two, not bad though
Apr 16, 2020 7:20 PM

Dec 2015
this could have been better if he wasn't a grown man reincarnated to this world, i don't know why they bothered making it an isekai the MC doesn't use any knowledge from his previous life or anything.
Apr 16, 2020 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
that blonde guy kept getting the wrong impressions it's baffling
Apr 16, 2020 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
this is like isekai smartphone without the smartphone. i love it. but man that house too big for him. better start a harem (ಠ ͜ʖಠ).
Apr 16, 2020 9:33 PM

May 2014
Uhh maybe I missed something but I thought he was keeping his magic/power a secret? How did everyone in his class already know he was super powerful? From reading his stats or something?

Either way, went by the good ol' 3 episode rule and now gonna be dropping this. The show isn't bad, but I found it to be a bit boring/generic.
Apr 16, 2020 11:03 PM

May 2013
dude is like a 20ish/30ish, yet he seems like such an undeveloped person. Like right now hes prob like 12 and is quite acting a lot like a 12 year old. Show not showing us what he is really thinking, so idk if i should see him as his real age or a 12 year old kid. His actions arent really showing his real age. Well show is still barely a pass to keep watching.
Apr 16, 2020 11:25 PM
Apr 2020
It's incredible that we have three chapters and almost all the content is made up, they don't follow the novel or the manga and because of the story it's meaningless shit. In 2, they tell the main character that he doesn't have money to send to school but in 3 he's already in school. They are idiots if they invent a content, and they are not coherent that's why we have an old guy that thinks like a 15 boy when in the novel this not happens.
Apr 16, 2020 11:42 PM
Dec 2019
And probally i will drop here..

Bad episode, Bad Animation, Generics Characters ....

The unique good thing is the ED
Apr 17, 2020 2:25 AM
Feb 2020
OMG.. what have they done to you blanctag!! He's my favorite character and yet they ruined it, the f with that voice actor
Apr 17, 2020 2:39 AM

Jan 2017
AmineDane said:
this is like isekai smartphone without the smartphone. i love it. but man that house too big for him. better start a harem (ಠ ͜ʖಠ).

After looking for some spoilers, yeah I think it's like isekai wa smartphone. A big house and the girls that is living with him are his wives.
Apr 17, 2020 5:40 AM

Jun 2012
@BadChase
@Tha_Bolo
@jack4s
@ShiroAlex

I disagree with all of you. I've always thought the LN,WN and manga of this series was mediocre enough in the early stages so I'm pleasantly surprised to see the anime doing something new or maybe head to a different direction at this point. Seeing a bit of originality in an adaptation is what I would label as the director's skills on display. It's one thing if people complains about pacing of an adaptation since that is always a global problem not just with anime but finding fault in originality is just weird to me.

Of course I'm not saying that this episode was better or anything than the source but the change in the characters' mindsets are still consistent to the theme presented over the last two episode so I would still say it's a successful execution.

If there's one thing that I think was the biggest flaw of this episode, it would be Brethilde's VA. I think it doesn't suit him at all.
Apr 17, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2019
It seems like this anime is going for the social and psychological aspects of life as a Feudal minor noble transforming into someone who - by his youth - is already pegged to potentially be the greatest magician on the continent.

I like that the physicality and regular fantasy troops are being shifted to the rear a little to explore some of the more rare characteristics.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 17, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
I don't get it, MC must be over 30 years old now but he still acts like a child. At this point just drop the isekai idea and go full fantasy. It's not like is is using his knowledge from previous life in this world.
Apr 17, 2020 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
yes they went in different direction, and start of this story is on bland side and I don't have problem with small changes, but when they change his personality so much just to fit theirs new storyline, I just find it lazy.
They show him like he stayed in isolation for 7 years, where in reality he had quite frequent interaction with other humans in that time for a shy person he is. Also they skipped part where he is using his past life experience to create lifetime supply of food while creating unique magic and how he earned money for school.(they could have easily putted all this as part of ending song, 15-30 sec clip was all that was missing to make it clear, even trough there is enough material for full ep)

I just don't get why change party formation into this cringe/cliché mess. (I also got Wise Man's Grandchild vibe from this ep)

this change's create uncertainty if some of more sensitive scenes will even be adapted in anime and if they will, how much will they change them.

I have bitter taste in my mouth because of artistic freedom in animes, since quite a few of great animes can never get second season because of it. and their current popularity is too low to get "full metal alchemist" treatment.
Apr 17, 2020 6:47 PM

Feb 2020
It felt so lonely watching this episode, also I like how he suddenly became a billionaire.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Apr 17, 2020 6:52 PM
Mar 2012
Sad art quality but it's rather nicely focused on character relationships, and very little on isekai or generic adventuring yet.
Blue reminds of Ernesti KnightsMagic a bit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

» I take it this will be a heavy "go check manga/LN", it's been jarring to watch.

TheJuiceBox - May 28, 2020

8 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.