Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, that talk between Fumino and Nariyuki online while they were both bathing is kinda amusing. Then, there's that talk between him and Rizu. First half of this episode had a lot of fan service.

Uraka's imaginations also running wild again.

At least she got some alone time again with Nariyuki.
May 25, 2019 10:34 AM

Aug 2013
The bath scenes were funny.

Looking forward to next week episode.

May 25, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
We've gone from Tummy Rubs all the way to bath talks? How much more lewd can this show get? XD

Anyway, I kinda dislike the development where Nariyuki gets to know that Uruka likes him but then Uruka decides to deny it so we're back to square one. I guess that's how all harems go but that's one of the things that I'm not a big fan of in them.
May 25, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Bath scene was fine, they added an original part there after Ogata lost it and woke up in a towel lying down.
It seems they really don't plan on changing Fumino's hairstyle like the manga does, she's back to her first hairstyle in the NEP...
May 25, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2018
That's why you never take your phone in the bath . Even so if you can't use it XD

But Nariyuki you lucky bastard you get to see Uruka naked twice 😏
May 25, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
Mattinator95 said:
That's why you never take your phone in the bath . Even so if you can't use it XD

But Nariyuki you lucky bastard you get to see Uruka naked twice 😏
Baths... you stay in your own filth... Onsen are good but baths... no thank you, shower is better
May 25, 2019 12:09 PM

Jan 2017
This episode in one meme:

We were on the the verge of greatness, we were this close.jpg
May 25, 2019 12:13 PM
Jan 2017
Nariyuki and his friends get into another hilarious problem thanks to Nariyuki's lack of experience with smartphones and after that, Nariyuki and Uruka have a funny, yet poignant, confrontation about their feelings for one another. As funny as it was to see the characters behave like total morons over phones, it is the second half what truly provides this episode's emotional crux. Uruka knows that her feelings for Nariyuki could change the relationships in the study group, so she chooses to withhold any confession until their futures are more stable. This is an obvious "our friendship could be ruin" scenario and the series handles this scenario with surprising subtlety and nuance. The big problem with dramedy series like this one is that at some point, the drama will outweigh the comedy and increase the emotional stakes between the characters and We Never Learn is getting nearer to that point, especially if we consider the events from previous episodes. Fortunately, the show has kept a good comedy/drama balance and I definitely look forward to see what happens next.
May 25, 2019 12:22 PM
May 2017
Meh...Uruka. Skipped the entire 75% of the episode.
May 25, 2019 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Uruka = best girl.

EDIT: Welp, with that bullshit towards the end, think I'll drop it.
SJ7izmMay 25, 2019 1:10 PM
May 25, 2019 1:00 PM
Apr 2019
Too much Uruka, at least it looks like they'll get back on track next week
May 25, 2019 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
Uruka is definitely best girl but that scene at the end was just stupid. She should have told him, but hey can't ruin the generic harem.
May 25, 2019 2:41 PM
Aug 2012
It's really no wonder why miss tanned fanservice girl failed to confess for 5+ years. Definitely not Naruyuki's fault. Seriously she doesn't confess, gives mixed signals, won't let the guy be alone with other girls, typical jealousy and boring drama.......uruka is the epitome of annoying characters.

No seriously even if you use imperious on Uruka or use a command seal on her, there is a 99.99% chance that she will still trip over and fail to confess.

I have no idea why people like characters like this other than pity, fanservice or waifu nonsense. They are the least deserving to be the end girl.

May 25, 2019 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
Reading the manual of a phone smh.

And I will interpret the bath scene with Uraka as FaceTime-sex...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2017
Your weekly reminder that the sound design in this show is the best. All those little splashes and drips - they don't seem to add all that much but it'd be noticeable if they weren't there. Also I really like the little 3/4 track at the start of the bath scene.

And after that final scene, SS Uruka has all guns pointed inboard and a rouge sailor wreaking havoc with a spanner in the engine room. Meanwhile SS Fumino is firing up the nuclear reactor - it'll take a while to get going, but once it does...
May 25, 2019 3:29 PM

May 2018
Nariyuki being too stupid of what's in front of him and that Uruka having feelings for him............I'm so annoyed. that I almost wanna punched the screen of my computer......
May 25, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2018
well at least nariyuki's more aware of her now :p
May 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
Oh come on. I hate this cliché. Why are main characters in romcoms always so stupid? It's just annoying to watch when Takemoto bascially is screaming "I love you" in his face and he still doesn't get it. I just wish there was an anime where the main guy actually understood what is going on.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
May 25, 2019 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
In other words, this is harem so I can't say it anyway due to numerous cockblockers on the way.

They basically went back to square one and their part in this episode was just teasing of author (realistically, she wouldn't denied it if he asked in such way...) In that scene it would be much better if they used another anime trope and made her run away in embarassement instead of answer, letting them being conscious about each other from now on.

But at least the first part of the episode was great, I was kinda wondering when he turns camera on when it was obvious their phones have one. Also, Ogata was cute af.
May 25, 2019 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
As if Yuiga knows how to turn off camera lol.

Great episode. Good thing it keep focusing on main heroine of story.
May 25, 2019 4:53 PM
Mar 2017
I really liked this episode, the first half was dedicated to the fanservice with the three main girls in the bathroom and...Wow each one stands out in their own categories.
First of all it was very fun to learn that Yuiga is not good at using technology and this same thing ended up putting him in this very funny situation.
Fumino is too feminine, her slender figure is captivating and it is already clear that little by little Fumino is being more aware of Yuiga, so it is not long before she falls in love with him.
Rizu at first is very calm talking to Yuiga while they were both on the phone, but it only took a few seconds for her to be embarrassed and end up fainting with the heat, Rizu reclining alone with a towel was 10/10, little Rizu has a very generous body, that curves and her big boobs ... damn.
And finally but without doubt the best part was with the adorable Uruka, who was only taking a bath when Yuiga called her, but the worst was that Uruka activates the video call and Yuiga ends up seeing (again) the spectacular tanned body of Uruka, Yuiga is a boy with a lot of luck
Uruka again let her imagination get out of control, that image of Yuiga and her bathing together ... she needs to calm down.

The second part left me with mixed feelings, because Uruka had her chance to appeal with Yuiga and especially because he unknowingly learns that Uruka loves him, but in the end Uruka after having a nice time with Yuiga, he asks her if He is the boy who loves and Uruka denies it, I felt very sad for her, especially because she fears that he rejects her and their current relationship becomes uncomfortable and they end up distancing themselves, but I think in this episode Yuiga is more aware of Uruka as a girl and that she can be really cute when he sees her with more attention.

In short, another episode that showed us the potential of each of the girls in a very stimulating and hilarious situation.
Uruka also had her chance to stand out and she had a chance to be able to declare herself to Yuiga, but after listening to Yuiga say he wants to concentrate on his exams, she withdrew and denied her own feelings, poor Uruka.

The next episode will come back with Kirisu sensei inviting Yuiga to her apartment and some funny situation awaits this guy with the spectacular sensei. They also showed Yuiga in a dog suit and it looked very uncomfortable to see the girls, what will the title be referred to as "forbidden land"?
May 25, 2019 5:47 PM
Jun 2017
Bath tub - the real MVp of this episode. Hahaha
May 25, 2019 6:26 PM

May 2015
The Uruka ship just sank to the bottom of the ocean. Bye guys, this seems it's the end for me and my shipping.
I'll see you all again at the next anime waifu wars.
May 25, 2019 6:51 PM

Oct 2014
Another Uruka fagging.
That's it, Bokuben. Dropped. Not enough foom.
May 25, 2019 7:38 PM

May 2016
Can tell when the anime-onlys get impatient, and drop the show because a worn out trope rears its ugly head. Then again, it would make for a short manga if Yuiga and Uruka started dating, end of story, wouldn't it? Asumi hasn't even appeared yet!

No, there won't be any kind of conclusion in this season. Just enjoy the ride..... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 25, 2019 9:29 PM

Apr 2019
You guys think Uruka is the best girl? Just because she has more screentime? That's cute...
May 25, 2019 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Uruka snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.
May 25, 2019 9:48 PM

Nov 2011
If he doesn't end up with Uruka at the end ill be disappointed. She is above and beyond the best girl.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 25, 2019 10:28 PM

Oct 2017
Uruka is such a nice girl. I really like how deeply she cares about Naruyuki.
May 25, 2019 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
*Laughs in manga reader*
2D > 3D
May 25, 2019 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
ShadowBladeX said:
You guys think Uruka is the best girl? Just because she has more screentime? That's cute...

The same thing happened with Kaguya sama when they all thought Fujiwara was best girl.

Revvie-chan said:
Another Uruka fagging.

Its animu bias, the anime has given great deal of focus for Uruka like how Kaguya sama did for Fujiwara, the anime has cut stuffs from earlier chapters to give Uruka her screen time, even going so far as to cutting some Ogata stuffs and Fumino's, especially them not keeping up with changing Fumino's hairstyle.
I'm close to dropping this as well. Manga's better anyways.
-StrayMay 25, 2019 10:45 PM
May 25, 2019 11:06 PM

Oct 2014
-Stray said:
ShadowBladeX said:

The same thing happened with Kaguya sama when they all thought Fujiwara was best girl.

Revvie-chan said:
Another Uruka fagging.

Its animu bias, the anime has given great deal of focus for Uruka like how Kaguya sama did for Fujiwara, the anime has cut stuffs from earlier chapters to give Uruka her screen time, even going so far as to cutting some Ogata stuffs and Fumino's, especially them not keeping up with changing Fumino's hairstyle.
I'm close to dropping this as well. Manga's better anyways.

Yeah I know.

Uruka is fine and Suzushiro-san's performance as Uruka is magnificent,
but make war with the fanbase and ofc one will lose their fanbase.
RIP Bokuben anime
May 25, 2019 11:15 PM

Apr 2011
ShadowBladeX said:

No we think Uruka is best girl, because she is best girl. Her having lot of screentime is just great bonus. It's not like anyone else (except Mafuyu) is worth enough getting it anyway.
May 26, 2019 1:42 AM

Apr 2016
SJ7izm said:
Uruka = best girl.

EDIT: Welp, with that bullshit towards the end, think I'll drop it.

I literally feel the same way. I was so excited because I've never seen a harem-type anime where they get direct confirmation about certain feelings and something could possibly happen, but the ending was a letdown
May 26, 2019 2:21 AM

Apr 2011
PaleBlue said:

Let's be honest, if they got together now, it wouldn't last.
May 26, 2019 2:43 AM
Jan 2018
SoraSenpai said:
If he doesn't end up with Uruka at the end ill be disappointed. She is above and beyond the best girl.

Doubful considering this is a harem anime characters never end up together In the first season
May 26, 2019 2:45 AM
Jan 2018
Why are people so surprised it's a harem series . A relationship won't be formed in the first season there hardly ever is .

And it was obvious she wasn't going to turn around and say yes. The end credit scene says why .

Besides if they got together now then the series would be over
Mattinator95May 26, 2019 3:03 AM
May 26, 2019 2:45 AM

Apr 2011
^^There is still manga though.
May 26, 2019 2:50 AM
Jan 2018
Tenzen12 said:
^^There is still manga though.

Well yeah . But the relationships never tend to fourm untill much later or untill the end of the manga
May 26, 2019 3:01 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow the bath scene was epic...and second half was actually quite good
May 26, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2015
SoraSenpai said:

He won't end with anyone that's how these shows work. You get one season and it's basically fuck off and read the Manga/LN. I'm not even sure he will choose one in the end because god forbid they break the sacred rules of harem.
May 26, 2019 3:18 AM

Apr 2011
Nah, I am pretty sure there will be solid conclusion in one or other hand. Not every harem is Nisekoi (and even that one got conclusion in the end).
May 26, 2019 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
This week wasn't that good, the phone stuff was kind of dumb and the end was meh.
May 26, 2019 4:40 AM

Nov 2007
Tenzen12 said:
PaleBlue said:

Let's be honest, if they got together now, it wouldn't last.

The fact that Uruka actually have already gone through the harem cliche so early in the story itself can be considered a blessing for Uruka fans. :D

Imagine the same happening for the other "sub" heroines 80+ chapters down the line. Kek kek!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2019 4:53 AM
Jan 2018
Tenzen12 said:
Nah, I am pretty sure there will be solid conclusion in one or other hand. Not every harem is Nisekoi (and even that one got conclusion in the end).

Yeah the very last chapter of the manga .
Mattinator95May 26, 2019 4:57 AM
May 26, 2019 5:00 AM
Jan 2018
Crashmatt said:
SoraSenpai said:

He won't end with anyone that's how these shows work. You get one season and it's basically fuck off and read the Manga/LN. I'm not even sure he will choose one in the end because god forbid they break the sacred rules of harem.

Alot of harem series end with only one of the girl's or boys . But not tell the very end of the manga/LN
May 26, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
Gwaaah. I was so happy with some development and in the end it all was meaningless. At least we got some nice bath scenes.
May 26, 2019 9:08 AM
Mar 2015
The bath scenes were fun especially the video Nariyuki got to see Uruka naked The ending with her denying her feelings was kind of sad
May 26, 2019 9:16 AM
Dec 2015
This episode was so good yet so sad. The bath scenes were great, but Takemoto fainting, their "date" and that whole ordeal made my heart hurt, Takemoto x Yuiga for life, I cant wait for the next episode!
May 26, 2019 9:18 AM
Dec 2015
Rytakahashi09 said:
Meh...Uruka. Skipped the entire 75% of the episode.

I am triggered by your comment
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I wish this type of anime become more common

kurumidesu22 - Sep 30

14 by kurumidesu22 »»
Oct 2, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

112 by LordCrueltyV »»
Oct 1, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

93 by LordCrueltyV »»
Oct 1, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

85 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 30, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

62 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 30, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.