3It was OK
15.4%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.2
559 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Yuki had a bad experience with dogs in the past. Luckily, this episode, she seems to overcome that fear.

It's early in the season but Hitoyoshi definitely has some influence on her. This episode also gave another chance to show Yuki's past, which I think is interesting. Bring on more. Hitoyoshi and Yuki has some cute chemistry too.
Oct 12, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
As if having a kudere meido wasn't cute enough, they had to go the extra mile and add a cute little dog to the mix... the cuteness meter is OFF the charts. Mix together the cute dog and cute kudere meido, and you got yourself quite possibly one of the most cutest things to come out of this season, a kudere medio being scared of the cute dog.... lmaoo. Two opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to these two. Meido over here thinks the cute dog boutta pounce on her and scratch her intestines out, while Hitoyoshi over here just looks at him as nothing more than like a furry mochi... xD

It's not all sunshines and rainbows this episode though, because we get some backstory on meido and yeah... it's as expected, not happy, that's for sure. All her life she's been used as nothing more than a pawn. But now, with Hitoyoshi, she's not used, but needed by Hitoyoshi as comrades. With the new goal now of trying to become a regular girl... <3 Though, I'd go as far as to say she's pretty regular as she is right now, with her fears of dogs and such. Doesn't get much regular than that lol. Though, slowly but surely thanks to Hitoyoshi, she's getting the hang of it. She's even got herself a regular name, Yuki.

I say regular because unlike whatever the hell he named his dog, this is actually regular... "Fried Mochi Taro" man get your ass outta here bruh lmaoooo.

New imouto at the end btw... for better or for worse.

Oct 12, 11:34 AM
Jul 2023
Yuki and Agemochitarou are so adorable together!
Oct 12, 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Still can’t get over this having a TRICOT op man it’s surreal seeing one of my fave alt bands on an anime opening finally getting the mainstream attention they deserve. Another amazing episode though, even better than the premiere.

We saw some glimpses of the sort of person Yuki can grow into and she even got her name! Raising an animal is like the best way for someone in her position to learn basic human emotions, empathy and improve her emotional intelligence. I love that whole bridge conversation with she and Hitoyoshi. “If only I could’ve met you like that puppy..I might’ve been able to be who you really want me to be” the irony is that you basically did! You showed up at the doorstep like a stray and Hitoyoshi is already helping you grow.

Her name is so fitting as well because the snow might seem cold on the surface, but it’s beautiful and underneath it preserves things like seeds, plants and other life. Double entendre for the metaphorical snow that’s covered Yuki her whole life because of her mission as an assassin and the sweet normal girl underneath. But it’s also a reference to her protecting Hitoyoshi as well as his maid.

That smile at the end was EVERYTHING to me. I already feel this strong desire to protect Yuki and see her flourish just like I felt for Violet Evergarden and some of the old Gundam shows. One of my fave tropes is characters who are trained as weapons developing their own personality ❤️
Marinate1016Oct 12, 2:18 PM
Oct 12, 12:34 PM

Mar 2021
Yuki and the Doggo are so cute together. It was really interesting seeing Hitoyoshi's sister turn up at the end I can't wait to see how she reacts to Yuki.
Oct 12, 12:36 PM
Jul 2024
This is becoming one of my favorites for Fall. And it nearly flew under the radar. LOL
Cannot tell what breed of dog that puppy is, but right now I'm guessing it's a really chubby Akita!
Oct 12, 12:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And just like that the namesake of the show isn’t gonna matter anymore, because Hitoyoshi went and named meido-san “Yuki” which was unfortunately spoiled for me because of the characters list on MAL lol, it’s a cute and fitting name tho for our resident maid/assassin/Komi so I don’t mind the change, it’ll definitely play a role in her feeling more “normal” like she wants. We also got a dog this episode with Agemochitaro, a mouthful of a name but it’s a damn cute dog, I’m just worried with all that weight it might get diabetes lol. And Yuki had some cute moments with the dog already, she was spooked at first due to that sad backstory but by the end of the episode she had already come around, Hitoyoshi was alone when the show started but just in episode 2 he has a maid and dog now lol.

I also really liked the scene after they went shopping, Yuki’s had a damn rough life and it has made it to where little things like shopping and walking a dog are alien to her, but with Hitoyoshi by her side I think she’s in good hands for seeing things in a better light, I don’t doubt there will be hardships along the way but I’m looking forward to seeing Yuki and Hitoyoshi’s journey over the course of the show. And we got teased on a little sister character at the end, she seems fun, I wonder how Yuki will react to another regular person besides Hitoyoshi.
Oct 12, 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
really good ep). it's not that i like real-life dogs, but that chubby creature was quite adorable))
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Oct 12, 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Looks like Yuki was raised into an assassin after they killed her parents. She seems like she had a well-off family living in comfort.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 12, 1:09 PM
Sep 2024
🚨WARNING🚨 this episode contains too much cuteness, be careful with your cold hearts.
Oct 12, 1:12 PM
Sep 2024
I expected this anime to just be about a nervous virgin character meeting a woman, but it's not. The two episodes so far have been about building a bond between the two of them, with dramatic and moving scenes, but always maintaining balance, this anime It was definitely the surprise of the season for me. And now we even have a cute dog added to the cast...5/5
Oct 12, 1:19 PM

Jan 2016
4/5
-It is living rent free in my head where does he say 'snow' in any way??? I got "お前は冷酷な殺人鬼周辺" (Omae wa reikokuna satsujinki shūhen) with "周辺" (shūhen) at the end which only means "You're a cold-blooded killer" like its 100% more impactful if her name was snow, but I didn't hear that!!!! Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (note I am sub-N5/A0 in Japanese, but that shouldn't change what I said)
-Turn fears into happy times
-Look at the positives rather than the negatives.

Yuki is a wonderful name as everything he said is correct and I've experienced the warmth that is snow <3 This was such a good impact for her showing that something considered cold like snow, can bring warmth/life/happiness <3

I couldn't imagine this anime lasting 12 episodes, but at very end, we got little sister incoming!!!!

While I think her handlers plan is to find a specific family member and kill them, I don't think she's aware of this and when ordered, MC will protect her and she'll remember how much she wants to be "normal" with him. I really can't imagine her previous employer sending her to be happy, but it's not impossible I guess as might be end of life regrets and sent for her to be happy for rest of life like I originally thought.

Edit: They changed subtitles from 'snow' to 'Your name is Xue, for "snow."' (The original subitles was correct, but had no way of knowing they were saying the chinese "雪" (Xuě) unless already knew the chinese. This makes so much more sense. Again, the original subtitles were correct, just the last part was very much confusing me. Thank you)
Aaaaaaah now I have new thing living rent free in my head since they were originally correct and now technically incorrect since added words they didn't say but clear on meaning wryyyyyyyyyy. Nobody gets to win today Q_Q Wish they just told me it's chinese Xue and subtitles weren't changed Q_Q.
LilyVarbikOct 12, 2:56 PM

Oct 12, 1:23 PM

Nov 2022
i shall lay down my life for the sanctity of Yuki, so back you hentais!
"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

“No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.” -Okabe Rintarou

“You will never be able to experience everything. So, please, do poetical justice to your soul and simply experience yourself.” -Albert Camus

“The purpose of a story is that it's a story. It can be more, but it can never be less.” -Jade Ring

“Sometimes I want to go back in time at certain points of my life, not to change anything, just to feel the experience once more.” -I Don't Know

"When we reduce people to one or a few characteristics, they hear all the time, we remove their humanity." -CinemaWins

“As kids, we love the heroes. As adults, we understand the villains'' -Abhysheq

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end" -John Lennon

“If you know exactly where you're headed, it’s no fun at all” -Soma Yukihira
Oct 12, 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode again. Would love to cuddle Agemochitaro

Went into this expecting a mere comedy, got so much more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 1:41 PM
Jan 2024
Man, the male lead in this one is annoying. He’s your generic 'nice, perfect guy' who always says the right thing. It’s a shame I dislike him so much, because I really like the maid character—and even the dog is cute
Oct 12, 1:56 PM

May 2019
So the maid's new name is Yuki which was a nice choice from Hitoyoshi. While the main purpose of Yuki's visit has yet to be revealed (I'm assuming it will be revealed at some point) I was surprised to learn that he has a sister that has come to visit. It does appear that they're not actually living together which could mean his parents are divorced (that could explain his mother leaving him).
Oct 12, 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to lasthavenmedia
Man, the male lead in this one is annoying. He’s your generic 'nice, perfect guy' who always says the right thing. It’s a shame I dislike him so much, because I really like the maid character—and even the dog is cute
@lasthavenmedia Well, his name is literally "softie" right. That personality is not going anywhere any time soon.
Oct 12, 3:29 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to casual42
@lasthavenmedia Well, his name is literally "softie" right. That personality is not going anywhere any time soon.
@casual42 I don't need much, just for him to have a flaw or two. He reminds of a harem protagonist or the op main character in a shounen.
Oct 12, 4:27 PM
Jul 2020
The episode 2 is good, but...
Oct 12, 4:37 PM

Aug 2022
Feel less bad about being spoiled on Yuki's name considering it literally got said this episode. Kind of a fast pace episode but great regardless
Oct 12, 4:53 PM
Sep 2024
Very calm episode, with a light drama and comedy, I liked it
Oct 12, 6:00 PM

Jul 2024
Who'da thunk it, empathy and kindness can be very beneficial to someone who has been deprived of these.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Oct 12, 6:06 PM
Dec 2023
Before the credits roll I thought Ms. Maid might be the sister that was separated when his mother left him , them after credits end I was left with this hypothesis being proven wrong.

Anyways this is a good episode. 9.2/10 Episode.
Oct 12, 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
They should fire the translator who changed Ms. Maid to Ms. Servant. Not only is it incredibly jarring but it carries a very different conotation
Oct 12, 7:41 PM
Dec 2021
Yuki-sama <3 i really loved this episode
Oct 12, 7:55 PM
Dec 2022
such an adorable episode (≧▽≦)

love that yuki loves her new name!!

the dog is really cute😭 i don’t think i’ll remember the full name but i think naming him mochi is cute 🥰

hitoyoshi’s best boy this season for me ^_^ he’s such a cutie and he’s so lovely. i love nice friendly characters like him
Oct 12, 8:02 PM

Jul 2022
A cute dog has joined the cast, seeing Agemochitarou was so sweet and adorable it gave me "diabetes."

It seems like the maid, before becoming an assassin, had a mother or some sort of maternal figure in her life. Something dark must have happened for her to end up as an assassin later on. But the good news is that she’s leaving that life behind after meeting Hitoyoshi and is starting to become a normal girl.

Yuki... Although it's a common name, the meaning Hitoyoshi gave it was truly beautiful, especially for someone who had never felt the warmth of being loved or appreciated in her cold heart.
Oct 12, 9:55 PM

Jun 2024
What kind of person abandons an animal like that?
Thankfully it did go to a good household.
I like how Yuki is trying to get rid of that assassins lifestyle of hers and is trying to be normal.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Oct 12, 10:45 PM

Aug 2022
Since she arrived at Yokoya's house and became a maid there she's like a completely different person, from a killer she'll slowly become a good girl someday.

This episode was fun after they picked up a stray dog and made it a pet, that was so adorable. Also finally Yuki is the official name she uses now, it's a beautiful name.

Oct 12, 11:46 PM
Mar 2021
Não sei se mais alguém notou, mas quando os dois estavam na rua, as pessoas estavam encantadas aparentemente pela empregada, e é de se esperar isso lol Afinal ela é tão bonita...
Oct 13, 2:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The maid has a new name, Yuki!
Well, a new member in the family, a dog seems a "mochi"!
kekeke
Oct 13, 3:03 AM
Apr 2023
I like how (the assassin formerly known as Xue) was describing some intense, deep and unresolved trauma from childhood to present, and the guy was just like:
"🤪🤙 it sounds like you want to be a normal girl".

Not sure if I'll stick with the show just because the vibes of that feel a little goofy, and it doesn't have the "cute" (but also supportive) kind of vibes that like Dungeon People had last season, but will maybe give another one or two episodes a shot.
Oct 13, 3:10 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to lasthavenmedia
@lasthavenmedia e
lasthavenmedia said:

Exactly this, and it's the main thing that's putting me off the show so far. Yuki as a character seems interesting, but whenever they've tried to explore her depth and backstory, it then just cuts to the guy saying something dumb and surface level that's somehow treated as revelatory.

Although it's early to judge at only two episodes in, have the feeling it may not change much in this way 😬
Oct 13, 3:52 AM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, those backstories, but at the very least it seems she had a warm childhood. Though those fucked up backstories makes Yuki wanting to be normal have more weight to it and it makes it all the more sweeter and heartwarming.

What is this adorable loaf of bread, Agemochitaro, it's literally l o a f, it's so cute.

Yuki's smile was so cute there at the end, when she got the name. Hitoyoshi's house can only take so much cuteness and now his sister's visiting.

Just gotta mention again how good the opening is, not only is the song a banger, but the visuals are creative and beautiful.
Oct 13, 4:03 AM

Oct 2024
Reply to TheSFHero
i shall lay down my life for the sanctity of Yuki, so back you hentais!
@TheSFHero I'm sorry bro, she was serving a mafia boss, she had no choice...
Oct 13, 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
Agemochitarou is a pretty fitting name for the dog that Hitoyoshi takes in after it was left abandoned outside of his house. It looks so damn cuddly and sweet! =3

Not only did the dog get its own name, but our maid also got one as well. Yuki sounds like a more common name, but considering her backstory and when and where she was born, Yuki is a perfect name for her to have. Her smile she had while eating okonomiyaki was rather beautiful.

Overall, this was another nice episode. The character chemistry between Yuki and Hitoyoshi is wholesome. I do look forward to seeing more of his little sister next time.
Oct 13, 5:03 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to Gnza
@TheSFHero I'm sorry bro, she was serving a mafia boss, she had no choice...
@Gnza my sadness is immeasurable
"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

“No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.” -Okabe Rintarou

“You will never be able to experience everything. So, please, do poetical justice to your soul and simply experience yourself.” -Albert Camus

“The purpose of a story is that it's a story. It can be more, but it can never be less.” -Jade Ring

“Sometimes I want to go back in time at certain points of my life, not to change anything, just to feel the experience once more.” -I Don't Know

"When we reduce people to one or a few characteristics, they hear all the time, we remove their humanity." -CinemaWins

“As kids, we love the heroes. As adults, we understand the villains'' -Abhysheq

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end" -John Lennon

“If you know exactly where you're headed, it’s no fun at all” -Soma Yukihira
Oct 13, 5:15 AM

Oct 2024
Am I the only idiot who thought Hitoyoshi was giving the name Agemochitarou to Meido-sama instead of the dog? what's more the silence afterward fits perfectly as a reaction.
Oct 13, 5:30 AM
May 2024
oh my god

that dog was to cute 😭
Oct 13, 10:24 AM
⎠⎞ >⏝⏝<⎠⎞

Apr 2015
Reply to Marinate1016
Still can’t get over this having a TRICOT op man it’s surreal seeing one of my fave alt bands on an anime opening finally getting the mainstream attention they deserve. Another amazing episode though, even better than the premiere.

We saw some glimpses of the sort of person Yuki can grow into and she even got her name! Raising an animal is like the best way for someone in her position to learn basic human emotions, empathy and improve her emotional intelligence. I love that whole bridge conversation with she and Hitoyoshi. “If only I could’ve met you like that puppy..I might’ve been able to be who you really want me to be” the irony is that you basically did! You showed up at the doorstep like a stray and Hitoyoshi is already helping you grow.

Her name is so fitting as well because the snow might seem cold on the surface, but it’s beautiful and underneath it preserves things like seeds, plants and other life. Double entendre for the metaphorical snow that’s covered Yuki her whole life because of her mission as an assassin and the sweet normal girl underneath. But it’s also a reference to her protecting Hitoyoshi as well as his maid.

That smile at the end was EVERYTHING to me. I already feel this strong desire to protect Yuki and see her flourish just like I felt for Violet Evergarden and some of the old Gundam shows. One of my fave tropes is characters who are trained as weapons developing their own personality ❤️
@Marinate1016 So true. Tricot is goated

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 1:31 PM
Jan 2021
this is pretty week for what's supposedly a straight-up comedy
Oct 13, 2:10 PM

Dec 2022
Agemochitarou...
Oct 13, 2:34 PM
Nov 2022
Yuki, an excellent name for an excellent maid
Oct 13, 5:06 PM
Jul 2022
Good episode. Cute doggo join them. wholesome interactions. Little sister arrives.
Oct 13, 5:12 PM

Oct 2017
The furball's so cute man, way too adorable. I want one! That's a pomerian breed right? Maid san slowly learning things too. The name suits her.
Oct 13, 7:19 PM

Apr 2021
One of my favorite anime this season.

Such cute and wonderful relationship between the main characters.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 13, 9:45 PM
Apr 2024
There's still mystery behind Yuki's assassin backstory, but I guess we will find out soon enough. I do hope Yuki can live a normal life.
Oct 13, 10:00 PM
Jan 2017
Within the world of anime, there is nothing new about Ms. Servant. The unusual art style and the writing, that the VAs are delivering so well, have my interest.
Now if they would only make the dog look like a living animal I'd be happy.
Oct 14, 12:40 AM

Jul 2017
The once-assassin of Ms. Servant living out her new housekeeping life, and them receiving an abandoned dog which is too big for the original owner's size, it's natural that she would go into a fit of rage accusing its original owner, as well as Yokota for just accepting to take care of it. But Ms. Servant is afraid of dogs, and trying to touch the dog is an exercise in past trauma events. And as much as Yokota wants her to pet it, it needs to be taken care of in health and sickness. Still though, Ms. Servant doubts her abilities after all the assassin training and job she had of just being asked of what to do, until she met Yokota telling her that he has all her needs taken care of without a hitch, to retrain going back to society and being a normal girl.

The oversized Pomerian dog being given the name of Agemochitaro, everyone seems happy with the name that it stuck. And for once, Yokota cooking okonomiyaki, with Ms. Servant wanting seconds as a reward for trying to get along with said dog, her life being one of tragedy, and her given name of Yuki being born in the winter, it's the warmth from him that induces her to be a better person.

What a sweet name it is, the name of Yuki, it's such a fitting one for Ms. Servant.
Oct 14, 3:05 AM
Mar 2019
This anime is getting to be more domesticated than what I expected. Something tells me this is all the calm before the storm.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What would you do if a hot assassin wanted to be your maid?

Mago293742 - Oct 12

23 by 4liver08 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kimi wa Meido-sama. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

106 by AnimeSrk »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

» OP and ED

ARK-13 - Oct 5

8 by Mago293742 »»
Oct 11, 8:50 AM

» New PV and release date

Dbagas8 - Aug 30

9 by aqukinmaster »»
Oct 2, 9:04 PM

» Teaser and Fall 2024

Dbagas8 - Mar 21

11 by ssafin »»
Aug 9, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.