Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
34.2%
4Liked it!
32.7%
3It was OK
23.3%
2Disliked it
5.3%
1Hated it
4.6%
Average 3.9
588 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Attack of the giant insects. Yikes.

Oliver and the students had their hands full this episode. This honestly feels like a fight not to win but survive with the onslaught of those creatures. Feels like a desperate time when some characters are swarmed by them. One thing I do want to throw out there is the episode made it feel important and gave almost every character some spotlight.
Sep 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
The battle continues against Oliver and Albright, and Nanao and Michela against Stacy and Flay.

As we started exploring last episode, in the second level of the maze, known as The Bustling Forest, Oliver and Albright continue to clash with their blades. Oliver desperately endured and skillfully used his techniques to persistently match Albright's strength. Meanwhile, Michela and Nanao struggled against the coordinated efforts of Stacy and Fay. Why was Stacy so determined in her battle against Sheila? The answer lays in the complex circumstances surrounding the MacFarlane family.

As much as I think Stacy is a bitch, I kinda felt bad for her this episode. She was not only rejected by her father, but as well as the author dude from a couple episodes ago. Now she also loses to Michela, her rival in a way. Her family is also just a means for a backup family in case the McFarlane branch dies out. I'm glad Nanao taught her the true essence of her life of not being Michela's spare, but as herself. Nanao truly knows how to bring someone to tears. Meanwhile Albright lost to Oliver, but he just can't seem to accept it. Bringing out a whole fucking stinger bee colony. But considering his upbringing that, it's warranted. A family that teaches their people to never lose, or they'll be consequences. Losing in even a mere chess game could lead to abuse. The Albright's don't play.

With Albright defeated, another opponent has a appeared! This time in the form of a chimera. And it's token Pete! But it was really Salvadori? I'm hooked for next week now.

Sep 15, 2023 9:08 AM

Jan 2018
Nanao was really badass. I'm really excited for what's to come in the upcoming episodes.
Sep 15, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
Wake up babe new nanatsuma ep dropped. They gotta stop with these 5 minute episodes lol.

So the truth about Stace and Chela is finally revealed. Such a cruel twisted reality for the two sisters. No one is a “replacement” for anyone. Everyone is unique and has their own worth. When you’ve been raised hearing nonsense like that it’s no wonder Stace had such an insecurity complex and was desperate to take down Chela and earn recognition. Chela and Nanao’s words were exactly what she needed to hear though.

Just knowing the person she looked up to and was chasing this whole time actually cared about her and wanted to have a proper sibling relationship was really sweet.

Albright’s backstory is also really sad. His only friend being taken from him just because he lost to her. Don’t know what school of parenting his dad went to, but that’s a recipe for failure in most situations.

Love everyone standing up to Oliver and saying they don’t need him to decide everything for them and protect them lol. Again, another example of how everyone in this series has their own role to play unlike most fantasy stories where the OP MC has a hero complex. It’s a massive group effort in this story.

Chela’s elf transformation was really cool! That scene almost looked like a 1:1 of the LN illustration. Loved it

I really got a sense that Albright didn’t even want to release the sting bees but just did it kind of for appearance sake. To appear like he was upset about the loss so that he wasn’t technically disobeying his father. That’s some nuance that I don’t remember picking up when reading so good job anime 👍

Nanao’s action scenes as usual were great.

And that cliffhanger! Wow, pretty much 1:1 with volume 2’s epilogue. That brings us to the close of this volume and starting next week we get peak nanatsuma. Dunno how they’re gonna do this in two eps tho.. but we’ll see how it goes.

EDIT: 15 eps, could’ve sworn MAL had 13 but yea we chilling
Marinate1016Sep 15, 2023 10:24 AM
Sep 15, 2023 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Oliver vs. Albright, while Nanao and Michela contends against both Stacy and Fay, the battle continues.

No matter how Albright, Stacy and Fay fared, they just didn't stood a chance against the strong clique, even if their familial circumstances have already had their life destined for them. Stacy certainly understood hers, while Albright spent the former life with a girl who finally beat him at chess, though his father didn't take kindly towards that simple loss, which her family was decimated later on. But as family values go, Albright will not lose, and he summons an army of stinger bees for a bee colony, that not even Stacy and Fay are safe from it.

While burning incense to get a clear line of strategy, the clique gets their ideas together, and Michela finally unleashes her powers from her origins being a half-human, half-elve origin, to which Nanao raises her blade against Albright, which it took just a fraction to call a loss on the latter. The truth between Michela and Stacy, is even if they are sisters within a different family but on the same branch, they'll still commune together. Same with Albright conceding his loss, fair and square.

But just as one battle ends, another begins with monsters surrounding them at all corners, capturing Fay and Pete, and more students...because of Ophelia Salvadori's spell that is slowly building. What the hell is she up to now?
Sep 15, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
What's up with this background music lol (from after the OP until 5:34). Am I the only one who thinks it's really inappropriate here?
I hope things get more wholesome for Stacy. She's surrounded by good people.
That's one shitty family to be born into. But the worst thing is how they got rid of that girl and her family.
Chela is a half-elf! For a second I thought that I haven't noticed her ears this entire time.
I feel like this is a weird place to put the ED.
Scene after credits! Last arc for the season!

This episode title: デューティー(責務)— Duty (duty; obligation)‎
Next episode title: ポッシビリティー(生還率)— Possibility (survival rate)

Also damn, this will be 15 episodes long? (2 OVAs airing weekly after episode 13) That's cool.
Sep 15, 2023 10:13 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Lol they are making new friends every episode. That cliffhanger tho...
This school is just deadly, i could not go there :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 15, 2023 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
Suddenly tentacle monsters made by succubus student appear...
Sep 15, 2023 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
So Stacy was actually Chella's half sister, now her jealousy makes more sense but noble family traditions can be weird so Chella could do nothing even though she cared for her. Well better late than never, they can be together now in the academy. Also Chella was a elf all along, noice.

Albright backstory was sad and Nanao made him taste big defeat which led to him changing. Though personally I liked Oliver's fight more.

Things sure got messy in the post credit scene though. Time to put a stop to whatever Ophelia's doing.
Sep 15, 2023 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
Now this is an eps. Mr Albright realising he defeated tells MC lets tell a story as well after werewolf and stacy did a little flashback. Then Albright totally misread the situation. After so much info about blood ties and selective breeding, Chela reveals she part elf and at this point you know shits about to kick off. Then after Albright, who is possibly decent gets defeated. Dungeon goes wild. Looks like Ophelia has gone wild. Lets go blades!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 15, 2023 11:36 AM

Jul 2021
When are we getting back to th revenge plot is it still in this season and apparently it's been extended to 15 episodes, does it happen this season or not? so I can drop it with peace of mind
Call me simple Idc but Other than episode 6 , this show has truly bored me.
Sep 15, 2023 11:49 AM

Feb 2021
So this episode adapts the end of volume 2.

They kinda had to rush some things, specially the fight scenes.

Though one minor difference is that in the LN, Albright is flying on top of a bee, but here he was flying on a broom...
Sep 15, 2023 12:38 PM
Jun 2020
perfect makes only
Sep 15, 2023 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
the action scenes are so clunky and poorly animated, I expected better from JC Staff. it's hard to believe it's the same studio that made Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon. the whole series looks cheap
Sep 15, 2023 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Why they play so much? Nanao could've solo'd everything. Cmon man we know how OP she is
Sep 15, 2023 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Cestlavie_
When are we getting back to th revenge plot is it still in this season and apparently it's been extended to 15 episodes, does it happen this season or not? so I can drop it with peace of mind
@Cestlavie_ You aint lying, now the fanbois will come for you lol
Sep 15, 2023 2:02 PM

Mar 2021
I continue to be impressed with this series. The plot is more than serviceable, the setting is interesting, and the action is well animated. This episode was no different. Definitely seems better than its reception so far.
Sep 15, 2023 2:04 PM

Dec 2018
very sad, but also in the end quite uplifting. i was worried about marco but i guess he's okay?
i feel like even if the animation is meh, the story itself has the makings of an epic. idk how to feel about the post credit scene...
Sep 15, 2023 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to Cestlavie_
@Cestlavie_ if you're in only for the revenge plot you're clearly watching the wrong anime. Oliver has more than 6 years to eliminate 6 targets, there's no way they're going after another one now. The remaining targets are all extremely powerful and now are on their guard after the death of one of them. If Oliver and his group were to try to kill one right now, they would 100%fail, and all be insta killed with no possibility to reset or flee. This is NOT a shounen battle anime. There's no second chance, no backsies, no random power up to save the day, no nakama power. You go, you fail, game over, story ends. And I'm not exaggerating at all. There wouldn't even be a sliver of chance for success.
So while you may be entertained as how the protagonist and his allies would get instant dismembered with all their body parts flying left and right as they scream in agony, I'm pretty sure that this story wasn't building all of what it was building just to randomly end right after the first step taken.

The remaining 4 episodes will quite obviously be focused on what happens at the end of this episode. There will be a lot more information about stuff like the labyrinth as well, for example. If that doesn't interest you, you can safely drop it.

Why they play so much? Nanao could've solo'd everything. Cmon man we know how OP she is

@Vooo
Not sure if serious, but if you were, Nanao isn't even the strongest among first year students, and all of those 6 participants are basically top 10 in their year. She ain't solowing shit.
ZefyrisSep 15, 2023 4:12 PM
Sep 15, 2023 3:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So that's why Albright needs to choose the place to be there, he already well-prepare. Too bad nothing can stop the gang, even from a little stinge-bees. But its actually nice to see Chela revealed to be half-elf. Idk what to feel about flashback after flashback then. But eh? Its create more reason to kidnap those three onto Salvadori guts? Feels like episode lacking something that i don't know how to describe, even after this progress. But eh, i already coming this far, so why not finishing this, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 15, 2023 4:07 PM
Aug 2020
the fights were not bad
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 15, 2023 4:18 PM

Jul 2021
Zefyris said:
@Cestlavie_ if you're in only for the revenge plot you're clearly watching the wrong anime. Oliver has more than 6 years to eliminate 6 targets, there's no way they're going after another one now. The remaining targets are all extremely powerful and now are on their guard after the death of one of them. If Oliver and his group were to try to kill one right now, they would 100%fail, and all be insta killed with no possibility to reset or flee. This is NOT a shounen battle anime. There's no second chance, no backsies, no random power up to save the day, no nakama power. You go, you fail, game over, story ends. And I'm not exaggerating at all. There wouldn't even be a sliver of chance for success.
So while you may be entertained as how the protagonist and his allies would get instant dismembered with all their body parts flying left and right as they scream in agony, I'm pretty sure that this story wasn't building all of what it was building just to randomly end right after the first step taken.

The remaining 4 episodes will quite obviously be focused on what happens at the end of this episode. There will be a lot more information about stuff like the labyrinth as well, for example. If that doesn't interest you, you can safely drop it.

@Vooo
Not sure if serious, but if you were, Nanao isn't even the strongest among first year students, and all of those 6 participants are basically top 10 in their year. She ain't solowing shit.

I see Thank You if it's like that I can take my leave

,and btw is not like I was only interested in the revenge plot line it's just the only interesting thing to have happened in this show and to just put it in the backseat immediately after and start focusing on Pete was just disappointing to say the least, I'm not expecting him to get his revenge this first year I want to see a casual build up every episode, u can't dangle a plot twist for one moment and not touch on it for countless episodes instead u introduce a less important plotline not related to the preceding one at all. The viewer just loses interest.
Sep 15, 2023 4:50 PM
Oct 2016
This school never lets out heroes rest. As soon as one fight is over another crazy event happens. Oliver defeating Albright was cool, some meh backstory for him regarding his father and defeat not being an option. Oliver absolutely had Albright on the ropes until those bees were summoned. Oliver able to surpass Albright in skill as the battle continued. Nanao and Chela fighting her sister Stacy and the wolf boy Fay, the flashbacks last episode alluded to this but now it's confirmed. Stacy always seeing herself as not good enough since she was the mistress kid while Chela was the rightful daughter. Chela accepting Stacy as a true sister was very cool of her. Those bees were some serious trouble, huge and dangerous with those stingers. Marco taking a stinger for Katie made me gasp, I hope he's alright. I don't want to lose Marco so soon after he became an official member of the squad. Guy growing those roots bought them all some more time, as Chela revealed she's half elf, very cool of her. Being able to use very powerful double magic to zap all the bees. Albright taking his true defeat and accepting it. Right as both Pete and Fay get snatched by a beast sent by Ophelia who's finally gone full evil. Time for a rescue mission.
Sep 15, 2023 5:28 PM

May 2019
So we did end up getting more information regarding Chela's and Stacy's relationship, that they're half sisters and that Stacy's situation sucked. At least both of them seemed to have made up and I hope Stacy no longer holds ill will towards Chela.

The Albright guy sure is a sore loser but damn did his father abuse him. I thought Oliver was being a little too nice by extending out his hand after Albright tried to force them to erase the memory of his loss and after Nanao beat him. But now they have some other issue to deal with, tentacle type monsters (hopefully Pete wasn't molested lol) that may be controlled by that succubus lady Ophelia.
Sep 15, 2023 5:51 PM

Jan 2020
Save for 1 episode, I don’t get why Oliver is the mc. They completely ruined any hype surrounding him being any good by making him always struggle against these first years and then have Nanao save the day. So frustrating to watch
Sep 15, 2023 6:01 PM

Jan 2020
Ishinashi488 said:
@phantomfandom stfu disgusting retarded faggot

Dude, the guy said nothing wrong. That’s what happened at the end of the episode after credits 🤦🏽‍♂️
Sep 15, 2023 6:05 PM

Jan 2020
Zefyris said:

@Vooo

In this show, it seems like they make Nanao to be some sort of god-tier first year student while Oliver’s a pushover, which is frustrating imo. Not sure how you’re seeing this differently.
Sep 15, 2023 6:14 PM

Apr 2022
welp, 4 more weeks to go.
Sep 15, 2023 6:40 PM
Jan 2009
Quality wise it was a slight improvement from the last episode, but I wouldn't say they are doing a fantastic job adapting the novels. They keep doing a pretty poor job at capturing the feel of the novels, everything seems like a walk in the park here, it *certainly* wasn't in the novels. They did at least do Albrights backstory justice, but the rest was pretty garbage, and don't get me started on the fights.

It should be much more violent, the students are shown to be much more capable than they actually are, but are somewhat shown to be less resourceful, the magical creatures seem far less dangerous (and numerous)... In the novels, how they survive battles at this point is mostly due to good tactical planning, strategy and thinking & nanao, shella & oliver being much more capable then the others.

Sep 15, 2023 6:55 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Animillion
Save for 1 episode, I don’t get why Oliver is the mc. They completely ruined any hype surrounding him being any good by making him always struggle against these first years and then have Nanao save the day. So frustrating to watch
@Animillion

That's because they are doing a poor job at adapting the novels. You get to learn pretty early on in the books that Oliver knows a lot about magic and has a very good sense of both sorcery and swordsmanship, what he lacks in pure a talent he has made up for in years of training and hard work. Nothing of this is really show very well in the anime. It's true that Nanao is strong, but she knows little of magic and sorcery, without Olivers support and knowledge she would have died several times over.
Sep 15, 2023 7:39 PM

Mar 2010
Between Miligan's parents experimenting on her & her siblings, the traditions goes on in McFarlane and Albrights extremism about maintain their pride, its almost like a mage family having healthy social household is more an exception than a rule doesn't? No wonder the kids are messed up.

Out of all the differences Spellblades has with Harry Potter, its magical society both in and out of school are its largest. Some of these conflict may seem petty surface, but they are actually the tip serve problems with magical world, populated by a lot people just view their children as tools to continue their research. Its as if the ideology of Fate Mage Tower spread to encompass a country. Its why Stacy and later Joseph are the way they are. The former is desperately grasping at straws becasue she been alienated from everyone outside of Fay and later resigned himself to his fate. They all equal helpless because they don't make to rules, so they are just trying to hang on what little they have left or ever had.
Sep 15, 2023 8:59 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
My objectivity goes down the hole when music like this plays during a battle:

Great episode mostly because of this.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Sep 15, 2023 11:03 PM

Mar 2007
A bunch of toxic stuff got revealed this episode.

• Chela's Cousin ... well well, "donated genes" indeed. That's depressing.
  • All she wanted was to shine for who she is, the biological daughter of her idol.
  • Contrast this with sob story #2, Bee Boy is not allowed to lose, or the bees, they get mad! Really mad! Bzzzt!
  • Everyone run away from the angry buzzing bees
  • Oh no monsters are goutta control! People are getting taken!
  • Never trust a succubus. (but maybe they'll die happy)

Lots happening, none about the revenge plot? Did they reveal it only to forget about developing it?
Sep 16, 2023 12:39 AM
Sep 2016
Felt a bit rushed. But, eh, still pretty good.

Yep, another Rule34 candidate EP right here with ara-ara-succubus-senpai (Ophelia) kidnaping shotas (kouhais), complete with tentacles and fleshy-succubus lair you would find in many H JRPG games made by RPG Makers. As an added topping, put some sprinkles of furry (Fey) and futa (Pete) in there as well. And now the gang is going to save them, there's a potential for the onna-kishi (Nanao) and elf / ojou-sama (Chella) to join in on the "tentacularly" action as well. A perfect fantasy H title right there.....

GOD! I swear 7-tsu no Maken would inspire so many doujins....

PS: Please don't let my ramblings above inspire a doujin out of this....
uncleqrowSep 16, 2023 12:47 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 16, 2023 1:33 AM
Sep 2021
The duel has been won by Team Oliver, but the problems for them have just begun.
Sep 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Cestlavie_
Zefyris said:

@Vooo

I see Thank You if it's like that I can take my leave

,and btw is not like I was only interested in the revenge plot line it's just the only interesting thing to have happened in this show and to just put it in the backseat immediately after and start focusing on Pete was just disappointing to say the least, I'm not expecting him to get his revenge this first year I want to see a casual build up every episode, u can't dangle a plot twist for one moment and not touch on it for countless episodes instead u introduce a less important plotline not related to the preceding one at all. The viewer just loses interest.
@Cestlavie_
That's actually pretty normal story telling for long running stories ?
That episode 6 was the end of the prologue, so it's talking about the long end goal. This doesn't change whatever was built during the other episodes (or else they would be pretty useless wouldn't they) , as in, Oliver needs to live, survive, through the 7 years at the academy, while KEEPING A LOW PROFILE in order to not attract the suspicion from the teachers. It's like, I don't know how in HxH we are introduced to the protagonist's goal to meet his father, but it's not like the first few arcs are about that. And so on. Most properly written long stories will be like that.
Sep 16, 2023 3:55 AM
Aug 2023
Stormy_77 said:

• All she wanted was to shine for who she is, the biological daughter of her idol.
  • Contrast this with sob story #2, Bee Boy is not allowed to lose, or the bees, they get mad! Really mad! Bzzzt!

Lots happening, none about the revenge plot? Did they reveal it only to forget about developing it?

thought i was going insane like where the hell is the revenge plot for oliver because if the show was focused solely around him and his mission to avenge his mother then i’d like this show a lot more but instead they sideline his ass and made nanao the main character since she gets all the spotlight and op abilities
Sep 16, 2023 3:58 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Animillion
Zefyris said:

@Vooo

In this show, it seems like they make Nanao to be some sort of god-tier first year student while Oliver’s a pushover, which is frustrating imo. Not sure how you’re seeing this differently.
@Animillion Because Nanao is barely better at fighting overall than Oliver.
There's only one student that is way above the rest in year one and that's not Nanao; that's Chella. Everyone else in the top 10 depending of the conditions can beat one another. Like Albright is overall stronger than Oliver, but Oliver still managed to bring him to a loss in that duel. And Albright is super strong for a first year. Same with Fey when in werewolf form. Stacey, who was the weakest of the 6 and probably around the 10th spot in year 1, would still obliterate pretty much anyone out of the top 10 with barely any effort.
Nanao is only excellent at melee distance but that's a distance that isn't that easy to go in if any competent mage were to refuse to go in it. She does have her deflect but that ain't doing crap if whatever is thrown at her cannot be deflected that way. Meanwhile Oliver is way, way more well rounded and can adapt to pretty much any situation on the fly. Oliver is probably right in the middle of that top 10, with Nanao being a bit above.

Sep 16, 2023 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
so boring !!! 2 previous episode is more interesting !!!

still wait for enemy the principal and others
Sep 16, 2023 1:25 PM

Apr 2008
The elf thing felt pretty random, but sure, everyone gets to be special. Except Guy. Makes it feel even more likely to me that he's the one who'll end up betraying our happy little group. Cause of course someone will. Wonder if where this is going is that Ophelia's spell will get messed up by Pete's change. It looks like only guys in that cage.
Sep 16, 2023 4:18 PM
May 2022
Not a bad episode story wise but there was some pretty weak animation this episode considering previous episodes.
Sep 16, 2023 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
The episode was good, but the after credits scene was excellent. I suspect Pete will be the key since he is a she and no longer has hang time. Ophelia probably won't be able to charm her.
Sep 17, 2023 1:06 AM
Apr 2015
Too many backstories about people I dunno who would even care about
Sep 17, 2023 1:17 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to LawTheHost
Too many backstories about people I dunno who would even care about
@LawTheHost

You literally only get two. Point of backstories to flesh out characters and the world regardless of whether you care about them or not.
Sep 17, 2023 4:58 AM

Feb 2012
Albright really said let me have a turn to talk about my backstory too rofl.

So much for Pete saying they aren't there to hold Oliver back when almost instantly after he trips and gets captured. Pete fucking sucks.
Sep 17, 2023 6:03 AM

Mar 2008
I dont know why Albright is so concerned on conforming to family bullshit when his dad murdered someone for beating him at chess. He should just kill him and be done with it.

Nanao really made that speech to Stacy come off pretty awkward so i get it kind of was said out of a mix honesty and naivety at the same time while coming off helpful and wise anyway which was a bit weird but not really in a bad way

Ophelia sending out tentacles now? Nice lol
Sep 17, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
Stormy_77 said:

The revenge plot is not the focus of the story, it is a side-plot, the main story is about humans according to Alderamin Vol 14 Afterword.
Furthermore, Oliver and his allies need to keep a Low profile to avoid attracting attention from the professors.
Well, they will be destroyed if they immediately go after one of them right away, considering how powerful those professors are.
Sep 17, 2023 2:52 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to s0me_dude
Stormy_77 said:

thought i was going insane like where the hell is the revenge plot for oliver because if the show was focused solely around him and his mission to avenge his mother then i’d like this show a lot more but instead they sideline his ass and made nanao the main character since she gets all the spotlight and op abilities
@s0me_dude Right?? There is way too much Nanao and Oliver, I feel like the others aren't getting much of a chance to shine.
Sep 17, 2023 2:53 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to NewestPersonHere
Stormy_77 said:

The revenge plot is not the focus of the story, it is a side-plot, the main story is about humans according to Alderamin Vol 14 Afterword.
Furthermore, Oliver and his allies need to keep a Low profile to avoid attracting attention from the professors.
Well, they will be destroyed if they immediately go after one of them right away, considering how powerful those professors are.
@NewestPersonHere They can still be low key, but shouldn't he be ... you know BUILDING up to some long term plan? The long game? There is literally zero indication that he's even doing any planning or training or something. It's like the whole plot went poof!
Sep 17, 2023 4:49 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to Stormy_77
@NewestPersonHere They can still be low key, but shouldn't he be ... you know BUILDING up to some long term plan? The long game? There is literally zero indication that he's even doing any planning or training or something. It's like the whole plot went poof!
@Stormy_77
He would have to if he was alone in this but he isn't. And because he has the only spellblade in their group which is their only way to win against opponents that would be otherwise way out of their league (derspite pretty much all of them being way stronger than Oliver outside of that), they don't want to endanger him by involving him in anything like recon, research, spying and so on on the other targets. Everything or almost gets done by the others, who are more replaceable than him.

The others are upper classmen, they're way stronger, more knowledgeable about Kimberly, and so on. They're better suited to venturing into lower layers of the labyrinth and other stealth/ recon mission than Oliver would ever be; and Gwyn fits way better as their coordinator for day to day organisation than Oliver who is still a first year would ever be.

As for training, he's training as part of being a first year; like everyone else. He already said that he would use the hideout to venture deeper into the dungeon as well, for example. His job in the group outside of the assassination moment is literally to behave like a student and lay low.
ZefyrisSep 17, 2023 4:54 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.