3It was OK
24.4%
2Disliked it
9.3%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 3.8
225 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and Akira debuts. Well, quite the cutey there..

Also, a glasses girl debut named Hitoe.
As for Akira, she's got some style alright and made me laugh a bit. Still, the episode felt too fast. It's probably because of the battle that went on right away. Oh poor Hitoe. Mm, those memories.
Apr 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2010
A card game show with rushed battles. What's the point.
Apr 10, 2014 12:44 PM
Feb 2013
Still can't take this seriously but the end of the episode give me some hope it might get interesting.
Akira bullying that girl wasn't pleasant to watch. I hope she gets her ass kicked by Yuzuki.
Also (w)incest drama.
Apr 10, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
1. The card battles are completely boring but the stuff outside is interesting

2. Models finally show their true colors. They are that bad

3. The foreshadowing of incest & the dark atmosphere is what keeps me watching.

6/10
Apr 10, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2010
Should've just not given their mail adresses. How hard can that be?
Apr 10, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
I feel as though this anime is going to get pretty dark soon, but i also think it would be nice if the card battles were a bit more longer and the whole card system had a bit more depth or something.
Apr 10, 2014 1:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I kinda would like it if they explained the rules a little more because it just seemed to me that Akira was OP destroying Hitoe's cards whenever she wanted to. Akira is also a terrible person, looking into someone else and then laughing ._. Hope she gets beaten by Yuzuki. Ruuko also seems like she may like to battle just for battling's sake, like Tama. Second episode and we've already got some drama...Ruuko and Yuzuki just became friends yet they're already fighting :/ looking forward to the battles next episode though.
Apr 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2012
Liked the 1st ep way better... this ep was just so irritating to me...
Don't like the cute act of Akira... Hitoe is stupid and too weak... Yuzuki is way too obvious and of course she wouldn't know what Ruuko is thinking oO it's not like they know each other since forever...
And seriously they were 3 people so they could have easily walked past that Akira girl without giving her their email
Apr 10, 2014 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
Douglas24 said:
I feel as though this anime is going to get pretty dark soon, but i also think it would be nice if the card battles were a bit more longer and the whole card system had a bit more depth or something.

Yeah it would be nice if they showed how the game works and such. I still can't get really invested when I don't know what the heck is going on when they're dueling each other.

Still, I'll continue to watch it and see how it goes. Also I always had the ability to tolerate the weak shy glasses character, but holy crap. I couldn't take it when Hitoe showed up.
Apr 10, 2014 1:38 PM
Apr 2013
Akira sure is a bitch and her card is creepy as hell. Not a fan of the whole incest story line thing but eh it isn't that bad i guess. I like Hitoe as a character. The atmosphere is pretty good in this show and clearly they are building up too the side effects of this game. I wonder who will be the first to lose and have whatever happens to them.

I really wish they would explain the card game better and not have the battles so rushed as they are.
Apr 10, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2013
Akira acting all nice and cute, but is the complete opposite of that. Sad that Hitoe lost against her. Yuzuki seems to have some problems of her own. Hopefully she can beat Akira.
Apr 10, 2014 1:55 PM

Jun 2013
the most underrated show this season.
Apr 10, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2013
Wow, Akira is really a bitch.
Apr 10, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
i swear to god of all the things I didn't think this show would have twincest was pretty high on the list
at least it's not TOO angsty/uncomfortable (yet)

also i swear to god im ok with shy glasses characters (seeing as I am a shy glasses-wearing person) but this time I just sat here and went 'wow, i kind of want to yell at her, she's folding faster than a cheap suit what the actual frick'
Apr 10, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
Yuzuki wish Is clearly to married her bother. Incest FTW.

Akira is crazy as fuck. She stalking them for a damn card battle? Is it that serious? Guess it's confirmed now that Yuzuki wants to fuc.... be with Kazuki for a long time. Feel like things are about to get real dark.

I can do without the card battles. Feel like they are a waste of time.
Apr 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2008
Why is Tama the only avatar that can't speak?

Akira better drop dead in the next episode or I swear I will rage drop this show!

Hitoe... Girl, please grow a pair. Balls, breasts, whatever. I don't care! Just grow a pair of something!!

Yuzuki's got some serious issues. I won't be surprised if a few episodes down the line she hangs herself in her closet.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 10, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Why is Tama the only avatar that can't speak?

Akira better drop dead in the next episode or I swear I will rage drop this show!

Hitoe... Girl, please grow a pair. Balls, breasts, whatever. I don't care! Just grow a pair of something!!

Yuzuki's got some serious issues. I won't be surprised if a few episodes down the line she hangs herself in her closet.

Sent with Mal Updater

I know how you feel its annoying that Tama has the brain functionality of a potato, but I don't mind Akira's heartlessness it makes the show interesting. The onky downside is when Akita gets beaten (which will obviously happen at some point) she'll probably turn into some sort of "I didn't mean all the bad stuff" innocent maid.

The whole incest love affair thing was pretty obvious from the first episode.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Apr 10, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
Mm didn't like this episode..
The new characters introduced were very annoying, and I hope someone will kick that blonde girl very hard.
The atmosphere didn't get me, I don't find it that dark, due to lack of enjoyment and annoying characters.
The only good thing are the dirty background art.
Apr 10, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
DarkDooM2 said:

But then they would have to overpower that one girl with only three people if she blocked their way!! I mean, wow, no way they could've won, right?
^ I swear that moment.

But anyway I like the anime, and the fact that Akira acts the way she acts is great tbh. Of course not everything is gonna be all good and happy.
Apr 10, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2013
Mmmm I thought this episode was a bit overdramatic......

They should explain a bit more how the game mechanics work >_>

Come on J.C Staff you can do better than this <_<
Apr 10, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
PLEASE explain the rules. If you're not even gonna focus on the game why did you bother including it in the story.
I like the story, but I want to know what' actually happening in the battle. Maybe that's the inner Yugioh fan in me, but still.
Seems like the decks have colors, and Blue, Akira's color, focuses on discarding cards.

Hoping that someone dies next ep, hahaha.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 10, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
Akira being manipulative stood out right away.
She was acting the entire time and seems like a really fake personality, which was a rather annoying personality at that.
Seems she enjoys making others suffer.

Another thing that stood out was Ruko who seemed to be interested in a strong opponent, and also seemed to be recognised as such by Akira's card.
It seems she knows about the tactics of the game and which cards are good and she has the will to fight.
Which makes me think she has a darker sight to her which could be interesting.

Then there is Yuzuki who seems to have a serious interest in her brother, tho this already showed last episode.
It seems a bit to obvious that her wish is related to her brother, so i guess it might be more then just marrying her brother or a relationship with her brother.
Apr 10, 2014 3:56 PM

Sep 2013
Grandma that likes games I'm jealous.

This girl is a bitch.

I seriously hope they show the rules.

Poor Hitoe.

Dammit they still haven't explained the game so I couldn't really follow what Ruko was talking about in the card shop.

The incest is strong in this one >.>

Akira is a stalker :P

Dammit I need to know the rules to get into this anime... I really really hope they explain them next episode. I even looked online for the rulebook, but the game doesn't actually come out until 4/26...
Apr 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
how the f*** do you play this game
Apr 10, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2013
I was sad for Hitoe, but she also annoys me. Maybe she should focus on building a relationship with her card and learn to trust her rather than looking for battles right away. Wasn't there a limit on losses anyway?
I hope Ruko doesn't try to loose on purpose, but her card is rather uncontrollable, it might not let that happen.
Apr 10, 2014 4:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
New characters introduced; Akira and Hitoe. Both of them are cute!

That battle didn't last long.. Damn, Akira was quite evil there..

-- "Being straightforward.. Being honest.. What's so bad about that... ?"
Nothing is bad about it; except that in the case of an incestuous relationship, it's pretty bad gross..

Good cliffhangers in the end. Ruko vs. Hitoe and Akira vs. Yuzuki.

OSTs used in the episode were pretty good. Looking forward to the release.

Apr 10, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode! :D
I liked this episode more than the first one: It had more...going on. o-o I suppose that's the right wording....

We got to see another card battle! That was alright. :3
Also, Akira....is mean. o-o
Yeah, mean. o-o

Anyways. xD Next episode looks awesome: 2 card battles about to unfold? owo Can't wait to see that~! x3
Apr 10, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
Eh, not a very good episode. I've already had quite enough of Hitoe, and Akira's character doesn't do too much for me either. I want to like Yuzuki and see her story progress, but she's just way too overdramatic in handling the situation with her brother. Not to mention the stupid drama with Ruko, "I don't ever know what you're thinking" is a shitty thing to say to someone you've just barely become friends with( I know it was mostly just to instigate Ruko's seemingly inevitable conflict, but it's a cheap way to do something like that if it needlessly portrays a key character in a bad light). I'll see how she develops after battling Akira, but at this point I'm not expecting JC staff to handle writing this particular part of the story well.

The bit of foreshadowing I mentioned with Ruko starting to realize she may be in it for the battles like a cold hearted warrior could be interesting considering the constant dark undertones, and (like someone mentioned) with Tama being obsessed with battles herself. The way the conflict was introduced was kind of cheap and melodramatic, but I'm still somewhat hopeful for it turning into something nice.

I'm glad I never expected JC Staff to explain the rules of the game lol. I feel like the best thing for all of us to do is forget about following the flow of the battle and just focus on the connection between the selectors and their LRIG, and how they affect each other/cause them to change.

This episode did dwindle my hopes for this series a bit, and I've a feeling if the next episode's battles doesn't produce some results befitting of the show's tone, people are gonna start calling JC out for flaunting this edgy atmosphere to draw in viewers and not following up on it.
AlexTheRiotApr 10, 2014 5:17 PM
Apr 10, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2012
Akira is such a bitch.

"Aki-lucky" so annoying.

Implied incest confirmed.

Next episode will determine whether or not alot of people will drop this.I hope someone dies,though I'm honestly not expecting that to happen.

Edit: Also still think the grandma could be the mastermind considering she beat Ruuko despite being a newb.
YorusighApr 10, 2014 5:32 PM
Apr 10, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
I was..... whelmed.
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Apr 10, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2013
I'd care so much more about this show if it wasn't about a fucking card game.
Apr 10, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2013
Lol,the drama just makes me laugh.

Needs more psychological.
Apr 10, 2014 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
Is "forced melodrama" a genre?

Cause that describes most of what I've seen so far perfectly.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 10, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
DarkDooM2 said:

or should've faked it. How would Akira know?
Apr 10, 2014 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
Why is this being compared to Madoka? I don't understand.

As for the gameplay of this card game, it looks similar to a mesh of Vanguard and Weiss Schwartz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEIHHzUyV7U
I don't understand why they didn't show the card battles with depth. They're trying to sell their cards aren't they not?
Apr 10, 2014 7:31 PM

Dec 2012
Still don't understand the game mechanics. If there was a more detailed explaination alongside the playing it would be easier to follow. Otherwise I just view the battle, for example in this episode, as a one-sided beatdown. Hope this will do better
Apr 10, 2014 7:43 PM
Mar 2012
Looks like to me we're going to see two battle next episode~
Apr 10, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2013
Akira is a bitch, and Hitoe is fucking pathetic.
Ugh, dat forced drama makes me cringe

I'm only interested on Ruuko in this show, it seems like there's something odd about her.
Apr 10, 2014 8:14 PM

Nov 2012
Alright, so I translated a portion of the rules from their website. Maybe this is enough information to know what the battles are supposed to be like in the anime.

Picture of field: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/wixoss/images/pdf/wixoss_playseat.pdf
SIGNI = Cards you attack with.
LRIG = Your avatar. When your LRIG is attacked, you lose Life Cloth.
Life Cloth = Your HP. You have 7 of them at the start. Once you run out of them, a direct hit to your LRIG will be a game over. You do NOT lose once you run out of Life Cloth. You lose once your LRIG takes a hit afterwards.
ENER = They are a pile you accumulate that you pay costs with. Think of Stock from Weiss Schwarz.
Check Zone = When you take damage, card from Life Cloth goes here to activate any effect that triggers, then goes to ENER Zone.
Trash = Discard pile. Interesting enough, SIGNI that are destroyed by battle don't seem to be placed in the trash but in the ENER Zone instead.

As for phases:
Up Phase.
All cards stand up (vertical).

Draw Phase.
Draw 2 cards except when going first in which you only draw 1 for this phase.

Ener Phase.
You may choose one card from hand and place it in Ener Zone.

Grow Phase.
Grow your LRIG. You know, Tama and Hanayo? They have their own separate deck colored white.

Main Phase.
Self-explanatory for the TCG players. Summon your SIGNI. Activate effects.

Attack Phase.
Self-explanatory. When declare attack by switching your SIGNI horizontally just like in Cardfight Vanguard. Where your is located in your SIGNI Zone matters since they may only attack the one facing opposite of them. For example, middle zone SIGNI may only attack the opponent's middle zone SIGNI. This means that if they have no SIGNI, you may attack directly for damage. Your LRIG can also attack too. I believe they cab attack any SIGNI.

Turn End.
End of your turn.
ShigureApr 10, 2014 9:59 PM
Apr 10, 2014 8:46 PM

Dec 2010
Not quite as interesting as the first episode, but I'm still interested in this series, and it felt like the time just flew by. I already want to buy stuff for this game, even though it will probably never come out here...

Akira is easily the cutest character, but then you know, she's nuts, and a huge jerk. I hope she gets her comeuppance soon.
Apr 10, 2014 8:54 PM

Oct 2011
The lack of explanation to the game killed the experience for me. Like, how do you expect the audience to enjoy a show about card games, when the rules appear arbitrary, and lack any solid foundation? There's still a chance that it might get better though, so I'll give it the 3 episode rule.

Apr 10, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Ah all that drama...this show really has Okada Mari written all over it.

Still it's kind of stupid. There's like three of them and one of them's a boy but they had to give in to Akira's demand or else they can't pass? What?
I'm guessing Yuzuki will get beaten next episode then she's going to go all emo. Akira's going to peek to see her wish, ridicule her and then she'll be broken. *sigh* Her brother's probably just chatting with the card shop lady to help her update her deck.

Oh well, I just want to see psycho Tama annihilating her opponents and I still think Grandma's the final boss lol. But what should I do? The characters are starting to annoy me >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 10, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2013
SanaeSnake said:
Alright, so I translated a portion of the rules from their website. Maybe this is enough information to know what the battles are supposed to be like in the anime.

Picture of field: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/wixoss/images/pdf/wixoss_playseat.pdf
Life Cloth = Your HP. You have 7 of them at the start. Once you run out of them, a direct hit to your LRIG will be a game over. You do NOT lose once you run out of Life Cloth. You lose once your LRIG takes a hit afterwards.
ENER = They are a pile you accumulate that you pay costs with. Think of Stock from Weiss Schwarz.
Check Zone = When you take damage, card from Life Cloth goes here to activate any effect that triggers, then goes to ENER Zone.
Trash = Discard pile. Interesting enough, SIGNI that are destroyed by battle don't seem to be placed in the trash but in the ENER Zone instead.

As for phases:
Up Phase.

Draw Phase.

Ener Phase.

Grow Phase.
Grow your LRIG. You know, Tama and Hanayo? They have their own separate deck colored white.

Main Phase.

Attack Phase.
Self-explanatory. When declare attack by switching your SIGNI horizontally just like Vanguard. Where your is located in your SIGNI Zone matters since they may only attack the one facing opposite of them. For example, middle zone SIGNI may only attack the opponent's middle zone SIGNI. This means that if they have no SIGNI, you may attack directly for damage. Your LRIG can also attack too. I believe they cab attack any SIGNI.

Turn End.
End of your turn.

Hmm. Kinda like a Z/X and Weiss mesh.

Thanks for the general sense of the game.
Apr 10, 2014 9:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ok I'd like to get a bit more information on the card game itself.

Akira destroys Hitoe emotionally during the battle which was hard to watch. Yuzuki likes her brother but can't break the taboo because of others saying it's bad.

So Hitoe challenges Ruko and Yuzuki looks fired up at the end when Akira challenges her at the playground.

Apr 10, 2014 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was a little bit too rushed. Yuzuki should not gave Akira her mail address. That's card fight between Hitoe and Akari was decent.

I'm looking forward to see Akira vs Yuzuki on the next episode.
Apr 10, 2014 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
Akira might be the new best character. She is so fucking awesome. On the flip side, Hitoe is a complete loser. Maybe she'll die later on in the anime or something. Next episode looks good. Hopefully it gets darker fast.
Apr 10, 2014 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
Man grew up watching pokemon and digmon and collecting their cards but you eventually grow out of that shit but whenever I see a mature version of those things like Persona or C:Money where the story and environment is dark and its more thought out and less childish then its an instant fave for me.
I don't care what anyone says I like this . There's not many like these either
Apr 10, 2014 10:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
SanaeSnake said:

Thanks for the translation :) Still, did they expect everyone to go on their site to look at the rules? ._. Even if they didn't have the time to do it during the show, they could've done something like Mahouka and do a short segment on it...maybe. I know the card game isn't the main focus of the story, but still.
Apr 11, 2014 12:24 AM

Apr 2012
SanaeSnake said:

As for phases:
Up Phase.

Draw Phase.

Ener Phase.

Grow Phase.

Main Phase.

Attack Phase.
Self-explanatory. When declare attack by switching your SIGNI horizontally just like in Cardfight Vanguard. Where your is located in your SIGNI Zone matters since they may only attack the one facing opposite of them. For example, middle zone SIGNI may only attack the opponent's middle zone SIGNI. This means that if they have no SIGNI, you may attack directly for damage. Your LRIG can also attack too. I believe they cab attack any SIGNI.

Turn End.
End of your turn.

THANK YOU. Now I wish they showed the Life cloth gauge, so that we'd know if someone is in the brink of losing.
Also in this ep Hitoe attacked although it's the first turn, that's allowed? The other TCGs I've played the first player may not attack.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 11, 2014 12:25 AM

May 2013
Looks can be deceiving afterall. I thought that Akira is a nice one but nope. Looking forward to next week's double battle.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.