Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 7:54 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Animillion
Oreki_Houtaro24 said:
@animejas Considering you absolutely hate Nichijou and Lucky Star?xD
Why the heck are you even here?
You gotta present your opinions as someone who usually watches these kinds of shows

I don’t get why it’s a crime to you guys if someone shares a a completely valid negative opinion of an anime you like. Who gives if they didn’t like a completely unrelated anime in the past. They wanted to try watching this and didn’t enjoy it. No need to bitch at them.
@Animillion Dude
Suppose if you had hated Delinquents anime, would you watch Wind Breaker that came out recently?
Ofc you wouldn't since you watch anime for enjoyment and there's no point in watching if you don't enjoy
My point was that why would he watch a CGDCT anime if he abhored the genre?
And by now everybody realizes this should be mostly similar to Nichijou in terms of absurdness though it turned out to be wrong
So why would he waste his time going through a supposedly another Nichijou if he absolutely hated it?
Oreki_Houtaro24Jul 4, 7:58 PM
Jul 4, 9:28 PM
Dec 2014
I was really looking forward to watching this because of the marketing, but it fell short for, the humor was not my style
Jul 4, 9:43 PM
Oct 2020
Lots of unnecessary slow motion scenes imo
Jul 4, 10:09 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Reply to ejleon
What did I just watch?

Am I missing something?

Is this like some inside joke that I am unaware about?
@ejleon My thoughts exactly - I knew there was hype, but not sure for what
Jul 4, 10:38 PM
Feb 2024
Even if this anime's comedy ends up being "fine" or a mere 6/10 for me, the memeability of this anime cannot be understated and Wit Studio is going all out.

Absolute Cinema has arrived, The Brainrot is real, and I am SO here for it.
Jul 4, 10:47 PM

Nov 2023
Too much comedy but I will get used to it.

Nokotan is a great character! But Koshi tan is super annoyed in this episode for sure.

Let's see what happens next!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jul 5, 1:06 AM
Mar 2024
good absurtsssssssssssssssssssssss
Jul 5, 1:09 AM
Jun 2015
animejas said:
I want to make memes about this but god I can't stand shows and humor like this. Comedy is very, very subjective so can understand why this works but this is as unfunny if not worse than the days of Pop Team Epic in the past, and I'm quite older than compared to when I first saw that seasonal. This was more painful than fun to watch sadly, and to be fair, I even got annoyed in a couple seconds compared to the brainrot catchy effect that I've heard some others experience personally with the theme looped. The opening, the looped song, the ending, the overall humor in this series, this is one of the unfunniest comedy episodes I have seen in a long, long time. Considering I absolutely hate shows like Nichijou and Lucky Star, this belongs in that realm and the opinions aren't any more positive than my extremely low feelings of those. Can easily seeing this being one of the worst anime of the year for me just from this episode alone. At least WIT are committed to this and it should be marketing gold to still thrive I guess, just not a fan of any of it sadly.

You dont understand how much I appreciate someone else voicing this sentiment. I dont have anything against anyone who likes these shows but I don’t think this is a particularly good comedy show either but it will be aggressively spread everywhere because it’s built from the ground up to be a meme
Jul 5, 3:06 AM

May 2023
Oh deer! episode 1 was amazingly hilarious. This is one of those anime where you don't need to think about what happened and will happen, just follow what we see lol.

It's really poor for Koshitan in this episode that her peaceful days will no longer be as peaceful as usual.

OP with too much brainrot can immediately be named OP of the year with the iconic OP CGDCT where the characters jump in one scene and ED which just shows how to make Shika Senbei is perfect, The ED reminds me of the Indonesian TV show "Jejak Si Gundul" lmao.
Jul 5, 3:29 AM

Jul 2023
what is this? this gonna rot my brain....πŸ˜‚

Jul 5, 4:19 AM
Apr 2022
What is happening... I dont know what to say
Jul 5, 4:56 AM

Jan 2017
The Seiyu for Torako Koshi absolutely nailed it!
(⁠☞⁠ Ν‘⁠°β  Νœβ Κ–⁠ Ν‘⁠°β )⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector Τ…⁠(⁠ Ν’⁠ β Ϋ Ν’⁠ β )⁠ᕀ
Jul 5, 5:40 AM

Aug 2016
anime of the year 2024
Jul 5, 6:55 AM

Aug 2022
This is a nichijou sequel.
Jul 5, 7:47 AM
Apr 2021
🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
Jul 5, 7:56 AM
Jan 2020
PERFECT SHIKA IS GOAT, THIS IS A ANIME OF THE YEAR ONLY
Chess02Aug 16, 2:33 AM
Jul 5, 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
:D It's here! Love the OP! lets lose braincells together, people!
Jul 5, 9:06 AM
Jun 2022
This is masterpiece no BS for real :)))
My brain turned off instantly when the anime is on
Jul 5, 9:11 AM
Jun 2024
Sorry, but for me the comedy doesn't get to me, I like several anime with absurd comedy but for some reason this one is only able to make me smile a little in some scenes, I won't comment on the opinions of those of you who like this anime because that's your right and I'm just expressing my opinion
Jul 5, 10:44 AM
Nov 2022
I don't know what I watched...
I don't know why I watched...
I don't know what studio wit take while making this anime...
I don't know why alot of brainroot on one anime episode...

The only thing I know that I Will watch next episode...

Rating:

Opening song : 🦌/10
Ending song : 🦌/10
Brainroot comedy : Weird /10
Anime rating : 100🦌/ 10

Recommendation: Yes if you want a brainroot and no if you want keep yourself safe from weird brainroot anime.
Jul 5, 11:33 AM

Nov 2016
If there's one anime qualified to encapsulate the unhinged humour of our generation it's this one xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 11:45 AM

Mar 2021
This is simply magnificent what a masterpiece of a first episode.
Reecey91Jul 5, 11:50 AM
Jul 5, 11:57 AM

Apr 2022
The meme anime of the season

Jul 5, 12:03 PM
Aug 2023
peak brainrot 2024
Jul 5, 12:05 PM
Jul 2023
wow that was an episode
Jul 5, 12:13 PM
Feb 2021
I still have no idea what the hell is going on. All I know is that I wasn’t expecting this much blood from a comedy anime.
Jul 5, 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like most of the funny moments were already used in the PV. With how there's barely anything holding together sparsely spread gags, it feels more like a 4koma adaptation. Promotional materials got me but the actual episode was really disappointing. I guess it's a series that's only worth watching as a funny scenes compilation, rather than spending a full episode each weak for a handful of jokes.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 5, 12:22 PM
Mar 2020
The comedy isnt on par with Nichijou or Asobi but its too soon to judge. Lets hope the next 2 episodes will deliver.
Jul 5, 12:26 PM
Oct 2022
1st episode was okay, it's setting up the universe and stuff but.... the comedy felt about as dry as a deer cracker.

i hope this show doesn't overstay its welcome, because it would really suck if the marketing for the show popped off and the show was mid
Jul 5, 1:06 PM
May 2024
first episode and it feels like im watching a nichijou episode nice
Jul 5, 1:16 PM
Feb 2024
Didn't know that deer can cure depression
:3
Jul 5, 1:22 PM
Sep 2020
It's like watching an abridged slice of life. The comedy is great if you're into that kind of senseless humor. Love this show already
Jul 5, 1:28 PM
Aug 2017
What the actual F did I just watch? I was just as confused as I was entertained. More! :D
Jul 5, 1:36 PM
Dec 2022
Yes, I was expecting this. Peak brain rot indeed. I am here for it all the way. I love the manga so I know what to expect from the anime.
Jul 5, 1:58 PM

Jun 2023
You have no i-deer how peak this is.

Welcome back Nichijou
lingojkJul 5, 2:12 PM
Jul 5, 2:10 PM
Sep 2021
Wth was this. They inserted png of deers and people head popping off, is this Brainrot the anime.
I found a Tokyo revenger reference, if anyone saw it.
My boy Mikey
Jul 5, 2:43 PM

Mar 2024
I knew what I was getting myself into and for those that didn't, welcome to the cult. Anime of the season right here.

Jul 5, 3:04 PM

Jul 2020
i love nichijou but this show just wasn't it. there's an art to the comedy of action and reaction and absurdism and I don't think they quite hit the nail on the head. it all feels... pointless? like hollow platitudes. get in, make your tokyo revengers reference, and get out. but I genuinely could not tell you where most jokes started and ended. where was I supposed to laugh? and I despise hearing this already being compared to nichijou because it really wasn't. despite nichijou's first episode also being a bit uneven, it had heart. this has the vain attempt at heart but I didn't care about any of the characters enough to actually give the show the benefit of the doubt. the deer girl is also just annoying. i probably wont continue past episode one, but if I hear its improved, or if I see a scene that makes me laugh on my twitter timeline, I'll come back to check it out.
Jul 5, 3:08 PM

Dec 2018
Shikanokonokonokokoshitantan

SHIKANOKONOKONOKOKOSHITANTAN
Jul 5, 3:09 PM
May 2021
i am not even joking this is probably anime of the season for me, the most fun and funny episode i have ever so far seen the opening the ending everthing is perfect i wish i was joking this is probably the peak of anime comedy i am talking gintama and kaguya sama level funny. Also gives me lots of Azumanga Daioh vibes which i love and it also seems to be a dumb wholesome story looking forward to this a lot
N1cklzJul 5, 3:12 PM
Jul 5, 3:15 PM

Jun 2016
PEAK CGDCT anime, the hype was high and the 1st episode didn't disappoint, very funny, some scenes were already leaked by the trailers but solid 1st episode, probably the future ones will be even better.
Jul 5, 3:17 PM
Oct 2018
what the fuck just happened
Jul 5, 3:42 PM
May 2021
Automatically wins brainrot anime of the year
Jul 5, 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
Completely forgot that it's coming out on Wednesday. But that's a good thing, Sunday is already full with "Fairy Tail", the Yozakura family, VTuber Legend and all sorts of things - so Wednesday is actually a good broadcast date. (and we get Megumi Han Double Feature, since she also voices Kana in Oshi No Ko on the same day).

Shikanoko nokonoko koshitan is a work of art!

It reminds me of SpongeBob (in the good times), Camp Lazlo, The Emperor's New School and other shows from my childhood - but at the same time it leaves its own mark.

A show that doesn't take itself too seriously and knows how to entertain brilliantly. Shikanoko is cute, Koshitan provides witty objections with her horror and the meta-humor is top notch. ("The classic empty seat next to the protagonist in every anime")

And then there are the live-action sequences. It's really delicious humor!

The manga is already brilliant - and the anime is in no way inferior to it with its striking opening.

A bit of the manga that happened before the club was founded was skipped, but hopefully that will be added later.

Now I feel like visiting the deer in the deer-garden near us again.
Jul 5, 3:58 PM
May 2020
this comedy doesn't work for me
Jul 5, 4:01 PM

May 2019
Absolute cinema. Just pure absurdist deer comedy. Love it. Most definitely looking forward to more episodes. Let the deer puns commence!
Jul 5, 4:15 PM
Jul 2014
Oh deer.

See you next week!
Jul 5, 4:21 PM
Nov 2021
best anime of the season
Jul 5, 4:53 PM

Feb 2020
well, it wasnt a bad start to the anime but clearly theyre reusing some comedic flair... i rly dont like the slow-motion :/ doesnt help that the bgm for some scenes is virtually the same (exclusive to this ep i hope?)

watching this also made me miss oshioshio's art style, which was more cutesy/vtuber-like, compared to the anime's simplified ver... but this is to be expected for adaptations

seems like they skipped ch.3/4 and jumped to ch.5 at the latter half of the ep, but they should be back to em next ep.

overall could use some better comedic delivery
Jul 5, 4:54 PM
Jan 2020
This will brainrot u in a good way
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24

114 by horridd »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

159 by horridd »»
11 hours ago

» Lmfao this anime has reached the peak of marketing πŸ˜‚

Moonshine_cookie - Jul 9

12 by sillycoffecatof7 »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jul 10

218 by horridd »»
Yesterday, 3:28 PM

» Am I the only one who finds this not funny?

someguy - Sep 27

24 by Serafos »»
Oct 20, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.