Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 9:10 AM
Jan 2009
Started the episode with Hoshino's withdrawal form being found by Ayane, despite Sensei and Shiroko already know about it, feels a bit weird that they acted like they didn't know about it.

That roundhouse kick by Shiroko on the PMC bot, ouch.

Poor Ayane having to keep a secret that the Foreclosure Taskforce wasn't even an official thing at Abydos, everyone else seem to be hit out of left field that such an important information was left out. (Poor Serika working all those jobs lol)

PS68 coming in to help save the day.

The poor PMC bot getting punched for just saying their very CGI Goliath wasn't ready yet. (Man, that 3D CGI is really standing out...)

Though they seem to be utilizing the 3D a lot more this episode, feels a bit off with how much 3D there was, having the city be basically rendered in 3D CGI once they were in the city, didn't notice it at first and thought it was only after the Goliath was present, but it was there the whole time.

Shiroko getting tossed Hoshino's shield is very cool, turned Hoshino's EX skill animation but turned it up to 11.

Ending the episode with Hoshino being held up by Black Suit, just like the game.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Kaiser PMC Director is voiced by Inada Tetsu (稲田徹)
XanekJun 9, 9:55 AM
Jun 9, 9:41 AM
Jul 2023
Simply peak display of skill and teamwork. Shiroko is more badass than usual.
Jun 9, 9:52 AM

Feb 2021
Iirc the thing about the halos wasn't explained in the anime. From the wiki:
"Halos act as a student's form of consciousness. If a student is unconscious e.g., sleeping or knocked out, her halo will disappear temporarily and will return once she regains her consciousness.
The halos are the main reason why students are normally seen with firearms and other military-related objects as they provide outstanding offensive and defensive capabilities, giving students more physical strength and allowing them to withstand bullets and even tank shells.
Like most things, the halos have a limit. Although it provides regenerative abilities, a halo can only regenerate when given time. If a student receives massive continuous damage, her halo would eventually shatter, causing her to "die"".
So Hoshino telling them to destroy her halo in the letter is the same as telling them to kill her.

They made Aru actually look cool for once, I love it. And Mutsuki's smugness gives me life. I wonder if they'll help the Foreclosure Task Force with rescuing Hoshino, would be cool. But I guess they'll resolve it by themselves.

My weekly report about my progress in the game or something idk:
On the JP server where I'm playing Swimsuit Shiroko's banner started recently (or what verb do I use here? idk), and I know that she's one of the strongest characters in the game, so naturally I pulled for her. I got her in 80 pulls and was spooked along the way by Iori (already have her), Aru (LET'S GOOOOO) and Arisu. I wanted Aru so much, thank you gacha gods 🙏. And I'm thankful for Arisu too, I was really short on Mystic attackers.

I also was really waiting for the rerun of the Abydos summer event, but it was just added to Permanent Events (much less rewards). Turns out they are rerun only once *pain*
EmbientJun 9, 10:20 AM
Jun 9, 10:53 AM

Apr 2022
MESUGAKI WITH GLASSESSSS
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 9, 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
Wow great episode. Best one yet.

A lot to like. I wished Ayane's found Hoshino's letter last episode but that fine. In this episode, we got good OST, the best animation yet and a lot of good moments.

Kaiser attack felt impactful.
Ayane desperation was well done.
Mutsuki motivation just being Ayane's(glasses girl) sorrow was nicely added and not cut.
Aru was great and actually showed for once how strong BA girls truly are when she one shot that helicopter.
Sensei was not a bystander and actually spoke up for once. He also had a role and threw Hoshino's shield to Shiroko. (Makes no sense because Sensei is no superhuman but whatever)
Shiroko and the FTF actually had a nice battle against the kaiser director. The fight animation was the best one yet.

Finally, Hoshino scene with black suit was great and the last scene with Hoshino's during the experiment was done really well.

Overall I only have praise for this episode. Hope it keep it up.
Jun 9, 12:06 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Embient
Iirc the thing about the halos wasn't explained in the anime. From the wiki:
"Halos act as a student's form of consciousness. If a student is unconscious e.g., sleeping or knocked out, her halo will disappear temporarily and will return once she regains her consciousness.
The halos are the main reason why students are normally seen with firearms and other military-related objects as they provide outstanding offensive and defensive capabilities, giving students more physical strength and allowing them to withstand bullets and even tank shells.
Like most things, the halos have a limit. Although it provides regenerative abilities, a halo can only regenerate when given time. If a student receives massive continuous damage, her halo would eventually shatter, causing her to "die"".
So Hoshino telling them to destroy her halo in the letter is the same as telling them to kill her.

They made Aru actually look cool for once, I love it. And Mutsuki's smugness gives me life. I wonder if they'll help the Foreclosure Task Force with rescuing Hoshino, would be cool. But I guess they'll resolve it by themselves.

My weekly report about my progress in the game or something idk:
On the JP server where I'm playing Swimsuit Shiroko's banner started recently (or what verb do I use here? idk), and I know that she's one of the strongest characters in the game, so naturally I pulled for her. I got her in 80 pulls and was spooked along the way by Iori (already have her), Aru (LET'S GOOOOO) and Arisu. I wanted Aru so much, thank you gacha gods 🙏. And I'm thankful for Arisu too, I was really short on Mystic attackers.

I also was really waiting for the rerun of the Abydos summer event, but it was just added to Permanent Events (much less rewards). Turns out they are rerun only once *pain*
@Embient The anime hasn't explained it because the game didn't explain what destroying a Halo means and how to do it until
in volume 3.

I was hoping sensei confronting Black suit as a post-credit scene, but the battle overextended.
Waifus only represent ideals
Jun 9, 3:14 PM

Aug 2022
I love this show honestly a lot, great animation and characters and a surprisingly good story for an anime adapted off a mobile game. One thing I wasn't too crazy on with this show is how all battles felt like they had such little stakes because no one would ever actually die.

But that line hoshino said in the message about destroying her halo on the battlefield if they ever meet again, It makes me think that's probably why everyone just don't die. Meaning if the halo is destroyed you'd full on die. I hope that's the case because it would add more seriousness to each fight.
Jun 9, 5:14 PM
Sep 2022
This Episode Is Now On Start On Final Arc Of Abydos For Me..

Now Hoshino Agree Now To Black Suit Deal That's Hoshino Didn't Know Really Well The Deal What Black Suit Really Wants And That's Only Hoshino For Some Experiments That's Black Suit Not Control To Stop The Attack On Abydos Because Like He Said He's Not Member On Kaiser .. Kaiser Agree To The Deal With Hoshino As Well Because Kaiser Wants As Well To Hoshino Leave Of Abydos To Get Now They Fully Wants ...

When Abydos Will Lost Hope Then When Problem Solver 68 Now On Scene To Help And Give Them Courage I Don't Know Why Sensei I Just Nothing To Say At All ... I Guess He's Thinking What To Do To Help Abydos To Courage Them And Then Problem Solver 68 Arrive..

And Oh My God Mitsuki With Glasses On Ayane Didn't Expect That Suprised Oh My God It's Good ..

And Ayane Without Glasses It's Good I Know On Bad Situation But Still Good ..

Lastly The Battle Scene Of Course It's Good Improvement Than On Game Just Pictures Moving And Dialogue No Voice XD ..

More With It Sensei It's Like Action Scene Damn Good ....

And Why They Didn't Killed The Director Kaiser Lol ...

That's all Im Excited for Next Episode We Gonna Save You Hoshino
: )

RiEnCe051204Jun 9, 5:18 PM
Jun 9, 5:26 PM

Feb 2019
Probably the best episode so far. The big fight against Kaiser corporation was really well done. Shiroko got a ton of shine and she remains my best girl so far in the story. But it’s hard to even celebrate the win given everything going on with Hoshino.

That letter she sent the Abydos girls was heartbreaking and I hate that she never really got to properly talk to them about everything that was going on. In the letter she mentioned something about destroying her halo if they saw her on the battlefield? I’ve always wondered what the halos were about in this story so I’m guessing they’re connected to peoples’ life forces or something to that effect? Making that basically a plea for her friends to kill her 💔

Handyman 68 might be a rag tag group of idiots but man they came in clutch today and saved the day. Love Aru and the other girls so much. Shiroko wouldn’t have been able to take down Kaiser’s big weapon without their help. Animation and OST was so good!

But man :/ Hoshino getting tricked by black suit just leaves such a sour taste in my mouth. I really hope she gets a happy ending.
Marinate1016Jun 9, 6:04 PM
Jun 9, 7:55 PM

Feb 2011
oh no hoshino bailed, and the girls are fighting, and problem solver 68 is our frens now!

I would sacrifice a chunk of my liver to understand anything in this show still. The halos? The fighting?

Why do they care so much about Abydos school?

2/10

Jun 10, 1:20 AM
Feb 2021
Es cine este episodio
Jun 10, 5:28 AM
Apr 2024
Rivals yes, never enemies, that sums up this episode, it was really cool to see both of them helping to put an end to the Kaise corporation, now we have to find out what happened to Yoshino and that it became clear at the end that she is trapped somewhere and now her friends they need to go save her, this episode is very enjoyable, especially in the part about their fight with the boss
Jun 10, 1:25 PM

May 2023
Mutsuki with the glasses is the best part of this episode!

On to Hoshino's rescue in the next episode!
Jun 10, 7:31 PM

Mar 2016
LMAO Mutsuki hella pause moment 😂😂

Jun 11, 10:08 AM

Jun 2019
My biggest and most serious problem with this series is just how little is explained. And I don't even mean the larger overarching questions concerning the nature of the world like the size of Kivotos relative to whatever planet they're on, why there are no regular humans like Sensei in Kivotos and it's all demihumans or humanoids of other species/races with seemingly all the minor characters and background characters/NPCs as anthropomorphic non-human animals and robots, whether the girls despite not meeting our criteria and understanding of what constitutes a human are actually what's considered the default human in this world (but I assume not because Sensei exists, even if from outside Kivotos), etc. But even concepts and terms which are brought up in-episode like Mystics, mention of Hoshino being a significant Mystic, etc., of course isn't explained or addressed and you're given the subtle impression that it won't be anytime soon or in at all a satisfactory manner.

That's kind of okay if the show is centrally a mystery or the type with a lot of mysteries baked into its narrative and it seems like the type of show which will go on for a long time with many episodes and slowly reveal all this information in a very impactful and rewarding way, because it being done slowly is a crucial part of the experience. But here it just seems like there isn't time or it's poorly planned out. That's something which really irks and rubs me the wrong way about this show. Because as a result, since you don't know the true nature or significance of a lot of what is referenced, it makes it difficult to care about what's going on or understand why you should care. Because you don't know if it's a mortally serious situation or if it's just like being blown up by exploding cars, laser beams, gun and tank fire - something a bandage from the school nurse's first aid kit will solve in 10 seconds.

In spite of that partially mucking up and lowering the level of investment and the experience, I'm still mostly enjoying it. And I think that's just mainly due to the atmosphere. I have a soft spot for shows like this which balance war, political or corporate conflicts and intrigue (the rival schools vs. each other, Abydos vs. Kaiser Corporation, the different factions of mercs/PMCs, etc.), tragedies, hardship, and all other kinds of dangerous scenarios with a sense of balance with characters who aren't always just beaten down, dispirited, and broken all the time because of it and can make time to laze around and goof off in an aquarium and still daydream and savor the fun and little things in life. It makes both sides (the conflicts and the more relaxing SoL segments) stand out and feel more real and meaningful, because you know that in the next scene things can radically flip and characters taking selfies and napping can be dispatched to rob a bank or storm a base or vice versa. I do like that it shows us both sides of this decaying school's existence and these girls' day to day lives.

WatchTillTandavaJun 11, 10:13 AM
Jun 11, 11:07 AM

Jun 2016
hoshino too dumb , that is why she always getting tricked by adult !!
Jun 12, 7:27 AM

Feb 2021
Animation has been disappointing so far. Yeah there are great moments but they're not enough to justify the bad ones. I get that it can be annoying to hear Sensei give instructions to the students, but I wish they would show Sensei's leadership more with him assuming control in the battlefield. As things are so far, it's more like the students have better teamwork WITHOUT Sensei's help.

Then again, Chapter 1 isn't known for its great story.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 12, 11:41 PM

Dec 2016
finally a good goddamn episode.
Jun 14, 4:11 PM
Aug 2023
these gehenna academy's soldiers get voice before seia🔥
Jun 14, 10:06 PM

Jul 2016
Aru-sama kakkoii~
Nah, seriously. She was incredible this episode.

And Sensei was finally useful in battle! Yeah, him being able to throw Hoshino's heavy asf shield is pure bs but still!
Now looking forward to him visiting Gehenna next episode.
Jun 15, 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
You know what... I only just realized this now... lol

But there are no "humans" in any of these city zones huh...

We got Robot, Angel, and Beast people (and AI), but no regular humans, only Sensei...

Also Mutsuki saying "wow, it's huge" sounds... yup... lol

And while the other girls are taking care of the minions, Shiroko's solo'ing the Boss.

(BTW, how do Robots get tired?)

Also, Hoshino gets tricked too easily... should have asked Sensei for help...

Also also... I thought the other girls were also part of the Student Council? so just missing the President = shut down of school?

Couldn't they have elected someone else as Temp President or something? HUH?

I mean... wasn't Hoshino becoming the Student President in the first place cause the previous one also stepped down?... so that means there's no restrictions on who can take over as a President...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 16, 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
That giant mecha appears, armed with guns to the teeth, and the first thing it does is run in a punch the ground with its gun arms? The girls clearly back up and hide behind cover right in front of it, and the mecha actively rotates around and starts shooting at the sky?
Aug 3, 6:15 PM

Dec 2022
Problem solver 68 is back
Aug 6, 8:56 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to amlg
You know what... I only just realized this now... lol

But there are no "humans" in any of these city zones huh...

We got Robot, Angel, and Beast people (and AI), but no regular humans, only Sensei...

Also Mutsuki saying "wow, it's huge" sounds... yup... lol

And while the other girls are taking care of the minions, Shiroko's solo'ing the Boss.

(BTW, how do Robots get tired?)

Also, Hoshino gets tricked too easily... should have asked Sensei for help...

Also also... I thought the other girls were also part of the Student Council? so just missing the President = shut down of school?

Couldn't they have elected someone else as Temp President or something? HUH?

I mean... wasn't Hoshino becoming the Student President in the first place cause the previous one also stepped down?... so that means there's no restrictions on who can take over as a President...
@amlg Hoshino was vice president. She didn't become president. The girls are the Abydos Foreclosure Task Force.
"
Aug 6, 8:56 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Shocked
That giant mecha appears, armed with guns to the teeth, and the first thing it does is run in a punch the ground with its gun arms? The girls clearly back up and hide behind cover right in front of it, and the mecha actively rotates around and starts shooting at the sky?
@Shocked the mecha spun in a circle while firing.
"
Sep 1, 2:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Everybody teaming up against that mecha Kaiser was good even Problem Solver 68 members came and Shiroko was great during that battle and how she made the mecha explode, but now they have to save Hoshino who has been traped and lied to... that's just sad :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

252 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - May 26

24 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.