Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
Nanao just honestly never ceases to surprise me in this show.

For this episode, she's once again showing the school what she's capable of. Episode also features Pete prominently as the arc wants to show her talents. Unfortunately, not everyone is thrilled about her presence. This arc is just full of ego if you ask me.
Stark700Sep 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Sep 1, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2018
It's Nanatsuma Friday again. So happy to see that Kenkadan scene in the anime.
Sep 1, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Nanatsuma Friday’s!

Again, the magical worldbuilding in the franchise is on full display in this episode with concepts like the womb being a powerful magical reserve for women. Pete’s sexual transformation isn’t just aesthetic, there’s real tangible differences in the abilities he has access to in both genders. Plus boobs lol.

Funny enough, as the fight scene showed, he’s actually a more competent fighter as a girl.

Finally the sword roses are here! Been looking forward to seeing the group get their official name and hideout. Again, reinforcing the importance of every member of this cast. Yes, Oliver is the main character but everyone is extremely important to the story which is rare in fantasy series and why I love this series so much.

A group of people from different backgrounds with different strengths and weaknesses coming together in order to survive these 7 years. One of the biggest reasons why so many people fall to the spell/die at Kimberly is going at it alone. You’ve got to have people you can trust with your life.

Post credits scene! Can’t wait for next week’s episode to see how JC staff handle this one. They continue to do a great job.

Chela appreciation post. One of the more underrated waifus
Marinate1016Sep 1, 2023 10:12 AM
Sep 1, 2023 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
Nice to learn more about Pete's reversi situation. This is some cool worldbuilding.
20:34 剣花壇 (kenkadan lit. sword flower bed)
Btw if you win you take all your opponent's coins right?
More like a breather episode this time but still nice

This episode title: エクスプロア(迷宮探索)— Explore (Labyrinth search/exploration/investigation)
Next episode title: マスターアンドナイト(主従)— Master and Knight (master and servant; lord and retainer; employer and employee​)
Sep 1, 2023 10:28 AM
Sep 2021
Oliver and his group declared themselves as Sword roses from now on, Nice it was a decent overall episode.
Sep 1, 2023 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
LUMOS! lol what a joke
Sep 1, 2023 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Oh wow, I didn't remember Pamela Gorton appearing for the first time THAT early O_o". That's so cool that she did though. She's a bit of a weirdo and at least so far hasn't been especially relevant to the story, but I kind of like her weird way of being badass. That chubby travelling merchant sempai has got no chill at all inside the labyrinth, she's like a merchant version of Kevin Walker.

Other than that, that episode reminded me once again how well written that story is. A bit of a shame that the novel pace doesn't really fit the episodic format so it won't please that many peoples.

Sep 1, 2023 11:21 AM

Dec 2021
The idea of treating the womb as a sort of miniature magic mana pouch is rather comical. Pete certainly has a lot to learn about navigating the life of a female Riversi!

Katie's quest to lead everyone to her workshop seemed like a surefire way to get them all into trouble. She truly insisted on taking the most scenic route, didn't she? Just take a look at what happened to Guy's posterior! It's quite amusing how there's a group of guys down there having a little barbecue and one girl running her own shop.

It appears that the Sword Roses will have to contend with Stacy and Fay's misadventures next week.

Sep 1, 2023 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
Its great to have an episode with such a nice leisurely pace compared to the previous episodes. Not that I mind the breakneck speed of the previous episodes either, but this kinda pace is more suited for the more relaxed episodes such as this. It sometimes feels like like we can't take a breath in the more hectic episodes.

We get to see more of Pete's struggle and character development. Its nice to see him steadily improve throughout the series.

We also get shown other aspects of the Labyrinth other than a place of constant mortal peril. There's just a sense of wonder and exploration to the place that we've never seen yet, along with the more friendly colorful inhabitants.
Sep 1, 2023 12:04 PM

May 2019
This school is so bizarre with having the dangerous labyrinth below. At least the workshop looks cool but getting there is not safe, at least not alone. On that note it was so strange and random having that group of 1st years chilling and eating BBQ.

That Cornwallis girl is now up to something (is she Chela's cousin? I think they mentioned that before) and may be targeting Chela and her friends.
Sep 1, 2023 12:09 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay i enjoyed it. I hope they will do a 2nd cour or season, because the story is still ongoing.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 1, 2023 12:24 PM
Jan 2009
I wish they did a better job at capturing the feel of the novels. It all feels so low risk at the moment. The characters in the novels are *ALOT* more messed up, and atmosphere at the school feels a lot more like they are on the razors edge and just one step from ending up dead if they screw up. It's also quite a bit more sexual in tone. The next couple of episodes toward the season finale (I think it will end with volume 3 of the novels) will be action packed, but they probably skip a bunch of stuff.
Sep 1, 2023 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Who was the girl in Oliver flashback? His cousin? So girls have stored magic power in their womb...

They got their hideout and a group name, let's see what they'll be doing from here on out.
Sep 1, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2020
does anyone got any guesses on who that pregnant woman was, did oliver you know....
Sep 1, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2020
Why they're still addressing the nerd as a "he"? I mean that plump chest aside, people are literally briefing him about his womb at this point lol, so please... proper pronouns!

Also again they'd find themselves with no way out in the labyrinth, again swinging swords at something something and again making it out alive and foiling the plans of.. this time some blonde, right?

Anyways, Sword Roses as a group name is so fucking weird lmaooo.
Sep 1, 2023 1:33 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Softhenic03
Why they're still addressing the nerd as a "he"? I mean that plump chest aside, people are literally briefing him about his womb at this point lol, so please... proper pronouns!

Also again they'd find themselves with no way out in the labyrinth, again swinging swords at something something and again making it out alive and foiling the plans of.. this time some blonde, right?

Anyways, Sword Roses as a group name is so fucking weird lmaooo.
@Softhenic03

They are wizards, they don't really care much about gender norms, they consider themselves to be a different breed from regular humans. They could care less about your pronouns.

Sep 1, 2023 2:54 PM
Feb 2021
just ok, nothing really interesting
Sep 1, 2023 4:02 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was so unbelievably boring
I couldn't care less about the reversi side plot
get back to the revenge plot line,
the storytelling is so uneven with this show
Sep 1, 2023 4:28 PM
Aug 2020
Pete being best waifu, u can bang him/her and having him as best male bud
Sep 1, 2023 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
Reply to aegd
@Softhenic03

They are wizards, they don't really care much about gender norms, they consider themselves to be a different breed from regular humans. They could care less about your pronouns.

Yeah mages don't too many of customs regular people do or give them that much weight. Like organized religion isn't even a thing with them

This was a nice leisurely episode. We finally get to see the Labyrinth as it is without constant fights or threat of death at every corner which enhances its wonders and mystery of both ecosystems and odd people actually live there and more on advantages of being a Reversi. The journey to workshop and birth of Sword Roses was really well done highlighting the shared camaraderie of six essentially in the same boat in this hell of school.
Iron_MawSep 1, 2023 4:40 PM
Sep 1, 2023 5:13 PM
Jul 2022
mmoraze said:
does anyone got any guesses on who that pregnant woman was, did oliver you know....

Probably his mom I guess
Sep 1, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2022
MegamiRem said:
Who was the girl in Oliver flashback? His cousin? So girls have stored magic power in their womb...

They got their hideout and a group name, let's see what they'll be doing from here on out.

Probably his mom i guess
Sep 1, 2023 6:25 PM

Apr 2022
they gave pete the goods huh, i was momentarily interested in this show.
Sep 1, 2023 8:05 PM

Mar 2007
Several surprising developments this episode.

1. Pete as a Reversi now has access to additional magical storage since he has a womb. Uh okay ..

2. He still loses horribly in a duel

3. They get access to a workshop but have to go through the labyrinth, and the first thing that happens is they meet Labyrinth Gourmet Club. That looked like they were trying to Dungeon Meshi

4. Sword rose, huh. Not a bad group name, to be honest.
Sep 1, 2023 8:31 PM

Jun 2021
I thought there was going to be a title drop or something. But I realized they're only six.
Sep 1, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode, really liked how their bonds have developed so far.
Sep 1, 2023 11:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao Nanao trying to rise her own skirt in the middle of the crowd, just to wanna know if her womb able to be like Pete, like wtf. I agree with Stark, she never cease to amaze me xD

Looks like Pete still struggling over the transformation. But with the pat from Noll, and his thousand of information he have, surely there's a way, right?

Oh so the previous brat manage to alive after the off-screen battle. Colour me surprise. Then what's up with Ms Stancy? Need some good lesson from Noll spellblade?

Exploring the dungeon and learn all those interesting npc exist like the real npcs suppose to be. Good to know it and bout time they finally named their group. But to think of they are now owning Milligan workshop as theirs. Damn now that's a good deal!

Wish they reach the 6 episode hype again next week, i really miss it...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 2, 2023 1:09 AM

Sep 2018
lol, what even is this labyrinth? I'm liking it though. This anime has the highest differential of quality between episodes for me personally.
Sep 2, 2023 1:13 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
What just happened with Rossi's last duel from last week's episode? Guess there's another mystery here along with whatever that Cornwallis girl was plotting during the post-credits.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Sep 2, 2023 2:28 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to MegamiRem

@MegamiRem
Sep 2, 2023 2:32 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to mmoraze
@mmoraze
Sep 2, 2023 4:10 AM

Mar 2008
I like how the labyrinth actually feels like it must be huge from the confined spaces in it paired with the mention of that student being in there for months.

IzanaSolos said:
The idea of treating the womb as a sort of miniature magic mana pouch is rather comical. Pete certainly has a lot to learn about navigating the life of a female Riversi!

It's funny but also makes a lot of sense for magic systems. Since if magical ability is something they hold in a body and a womb can hold a fetus a womb should be able to hold magic.
Sep 2, 2023 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
This has been the sleeper hit of the season for me. After watching the underwhelming Mashle and the outrageous Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute, I came in here thinking this would be something similar, or maybe somewhere in the middle. But it has easily set itself apart with great worldbuilding, attention to detail, interesting characters, and a decent number of interesting sub-plots. I thought the pacing at the start was crazy, but the last couple episodes have improved on that. Animation and voice acting is also well done.

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? 💢
Sep 2, 2023 5:16 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to aegd
@Softhenic03

@aegd @Softhenic03 @Iron_Maw

That's not it.
The Japanese language uses pronouns way less than English, since having a subject for a sentence is not requirement in Japanese grammar, it can be fully implied. They actually never say "he"/"him" nor "she"/"her" in this episode towards Pete, but it's hard to consistently avoid using any in the English sub without making the sentence flow becoming awkward.
Sep 2, 2023 7:01 AM
Oct 2016
Forging a bond that will never be broken. Oliver committing this moments to memory so he knows what he's fighting for. I still think its odd that the story had a whole episode revealing his revenge but now we only bring it up in small moments like that. The storyline with Pete however is interesting, I'm glad they told everyone Pete is a reversi. That way its not a shocking reveal later on that could turn badly. Everyone seemed to welcome this news happily so that's good, Chelsea even saying now Pete has even more mana with having a womb. The free for all tournament is still going on so that dude Rossi keeps getting beaten, we saw last episode he got challenged right after losing to Oliver. It seems he's out of the competition but I'm sure we'll see more of him later. Everyone going down into the labyrinth so Katie can find a workshop she could use. It's very noble of Katie to want to change the way this school operates, treating the demi humans and creatures as lesser and killing them for no reason isn't right. Katie being so determined to change that which begins with making a name for herself as a researcher. Other than meeting some weird people who setup on the labyrinth and some spike traps the journey to find Katie workshop was a success. Everyone making a commitment to each other.
Sep 2, 2023 1:55 PM

Sep 2017
The uterus is the second heart of a woman huh... Yeah definitely something written by a dude lmao. Well whatever as weird as it is, sex and magic are apparently very linked in this world.
Sep 2, 2023 11:17 PM

Feb 2012
That's some unique magic storage. I assume dudes can store magic in their balls right? rofl

I don't really care for all the focus on Katie and Pete. What's going on with Guy? He's basically a background character at this point compared to the rest. Wouldn't mind some more Michela focus too. Only 4 eps left.
Sep 2, 2023 11:38 PM
Sep 2016
Holy sh*t, this show just getting better.... Trully what HP always wants to become but failed to do so....

So that's why "Kenka" (the anime's OP) huh?!

The labyrinth dwellers.... reminds me of the club house/tower from Ghibli's "Coquelicot Zaka-kara (From Up on Poppy Hill)". They're weird/eccentric and VERY passionate about their interests but overall amazing kind of fellows. LOVED IT!
uncleqrowSep 2, 2023 11:49 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 2, 2023 11:41 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Sekiro94
Pete being best waifu, u can bang him/her and having him as best male bud
@Sekiro94 Yeah, still not sure about the banging though, but I'm this dangerously close to become a bi at least because of Pete.... (well, technically Pete's a girl at that point, but still....)
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 3, 2023 12:01 AM
Feb 2021
They've really made it real fucking obvious that Guy is a traitor
Sep 3, 2023 10:48 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Zefyris
@aegd @Softhenic03 @Iron_Maw

That's not it.
The Japanese language uses pronouns way less than English, since having a subject for a sentence is not requirement in Japanese grammar, it can be fully implied. They actually never say "he"/"him" nor "she"/"her" in this episode towards Pete, but it's hard to consistently avoid using any in the English sub without making the sentence flow becoming awkward.
@Zefyris

While that is also true, it does not make my point any less true. There are aspects of the story from the novels that they don't cover in the anime. Information about how their society works, how they see other races, how they treat their kin, how they court each other, the lengths they are willing to go to to maintain and strengthen their bloodline... things like these don't really get explained all that well in the anime.
Sep 3, 2023 6:19 PM
Aug 2022
getting interesting...
Sep 3, 2023 6:42 PM
Nov 2021
Honestly I think Oliver is getting overshadowed by nanao (not that I hate it) but mc should be powerful
Sep 4, 2023 6:28 PM
Jan 2023
Quite a bit happened in this episode. Pete tells the others in the group about being a reversi, and we find out that magic can be stored in the womb. That was the last thing I was expecting to hear. They still lost in the duel.

They now have a workshop/secret base in the labyrinth, which is pretty awesome. I'm questioning what this labyrinth is, it seems to have everything from shops to workshops to a literal coliseum. I love the way they are slowly trickling new information about it too.

The group gets a name now too, sword roses. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
Sep 5, 2023 9:12 AM

Jul 2017
Pete still can't handle his sexual change due to magic/mana disruption, but his Reversi trait won't be a secret for long, which he is learning new things from Michela. That said, Pete vs. Cornwallis challenges the former's resolve to fight, though he tried his best.

Kate having access to Miligan's underground workshop is a way of apology that more demi-humans are being killed by humans every year, and Kate wants to change that perception with everyone's support. With the various traps and magical fauna all around the labyrinth, the group of friends travel the road less travelled with caution, though they find a group of freshmen from the Labyrinth Gourmet Club having a BBQ welcome party. Passing a shop out of nowhere selling ingredients, they find the secret base and cook enough food for all's fun in a small space. The small group of 6 needs a name, and they all swear by their blades in a sword rose formation, thus giving the name "Sword Roses".

A pretty vow between friends.
Sep 6, 2023 9:25 AM

Dec 2009
Never ceases to be the highlight of my season. Honestly this anime even motivated me to try out Hogwarts Legacy lol.

I hope the Sword Roses thing doesn't foreshadow character deaths... Oliver seemed to be pretty concerned at the end.

Pete seems to be doing well, hope they can start improving a lot from here on out... good confidence growing arc never does harm.
GenesisAriaSep 6, 2023 9:37 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 8, 2023 3:37 PM
May 2022
That labyrinth is crazy, you never know if you´ll stumble across a group of people trying to fight (and kill) you, dangerous animals/plants, traps...But also a jazz club or some randos doing a BBQ.
Sep 16, 2023 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Stacy feels way too unreasonable getting mad at Pete for what happened with her uncle.

There are some rather interesting characters in the dungeon. The gourmet club's weirdness was amusing.
Sep 17, 2023 1:38 AM
May 2017
I’m sorry but my friends and I started s**ualizing the ahem “night healing session’ between Pete and Oliver, (in English dub) and we couldn’t stop laughing. We had to rewatch that opening 5 times to fully hear what was being said. The word choices they used were freaking outstanding. I know dubbed sucks but watch it again with a dirty mind and you will understand what I mean. LoL I had to inject my magic into you Pete…
Sep 19, 2023 11:06 PM

Oct 2018
We get more stuff related to the labyrinth. While I prefer this over the last episode, the character introductions doesn't really interest me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.