Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
It's kinda weird how they made Sandra the final boss in this series, at least in this anime. I never felt much about Sandra's character or buildup so it felt underwhelming.

Not surprised that it's Shiloh who took the sword and stands up against her. Felt like a very JRPG-ish ending for the finale with the welcome back.
Dec 23, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like there will be director's cut ver. of this ep. released later (after January 2023).
https://mana-lom-tc.com/news/detail20221224.php

I hope there will be news on the release of ED song (Serafina / Japanese ver.).

Edit:

Edit 2: director's cut adds
tsubasaloverFeb 13, 2023 3:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2022 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
I wish my childhood was filled with classic JRPG stuffs but my life didn't have that luxury privilege. At least this anime is good enough for me to pretend to feel nostalgia.

Never play any Mana series before, but I like the character design from Trials of Mana, I hope to see anime adaptation of it.
Dec 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
That sword that supposedly should cut anything was a scam.

Seraphina goes "Shiloh!You can't cry for the Jumi!", to a bleeding and impaled Shiloh.

Sandra skedaddle very fast after the revival.
Dec 23, 2022 12:13 PM

Dec 2010
As much as this episode was a slideshow, I just really loved the world this anime presented to us. I definitely would watch another season or two.
Dec 23, 2022 12:38 PM
Aug 2008
Oh they finally used the OG version of Song of Mana.
Dec 23, 2022 1:39 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing ending for this great series! I like it so much!!
tsubasalover said:
It seems like there will be director's cut ver. of this ep. released later (after January 2023).

Great news! We will wait for thie version! Thanks!
phantomfandom said:
I wish my childhood was filled with classic JRPG stuffs but my life didn't have that luxury privilege. At least this anime is good enough for me to pretend to feel nostalgia.

Never play any Mana series before, but I like the character design from Trials of Mana, I hope to see anime adaptation of it.
DarkDooM2 said:
As much as this episode was a slideshow, I just really loved the world this anime presented to us. I definitely would watch another season or two.
Yes, I agree! Also would like to see the second season of this fantastic series!
Dec 23, 2022 2:13 PM

Feb 2021
Ah no, I was happy and felt good when Shiloh died. That alone would have been enough for me to tell myself why I wasted my time watching this garbage, but, excuse me, he survived?

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘏𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪... 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦."
⁻𝘕𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘖𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘪
Dec 23, 2022 3:14 PM
Feb 2022
it is intresting to say
Dec 23, 2022 4:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending isn't too bad even though both survived obviously, but well, this anime had potential with the JRPG's world building (final fantasy elements etc) and the characters design (imagine a Magical Starsign adaptation one day xD that would be the dream) it's just a pity that the story went all over the place during the 2nd half imo
Dec 23, 2022 4:33 PM

Nov 2010
I have mixed feelings about this episode.

• I wanted to know WHY they used some stupid original songs instead of the original ost in this whole series and WHY they skipped Lord of 999/1000 jewels fights and instead of they used some rando jewel beasts and used pain in the instead of foolish decision (but at least they used those who are shining so it wasn't that bad).
  • Sandra having adopted Seraphina came out of nowhere but wasn't that bad to explain how she connects with the main story.
  • I also wanted to know why they skipped so many scenes in this episode (Sandra's suicide and the jumis crying per example), they didn't have enough money to animate it ?
  • The whole series didn't have enough action scenes but they made Seraphina pierce Shiloh's body with a spear wtf, I'm trying to wrap my head after this LOL And I have waited a long time for this scene (the boy and girl crying) but I'd never imagined that would happened this way.
  • I liked that that they included the scene with Bud and Lisa waiting for you in the attic and that it finished with the only line that your character says in the whole game.

Overall I liked this series I just think that it needed more of the game's ost, less of their original songs, more fighting scenes, less skipped scenes and follow more closely the games plot. For that I'll give a score of 8/10. And I'll hope that they make Matilda, Daena, Escad and Irwin story next ٩(ↀДↀ)۶
Dec 23, 2022 4:57 PM
Sep 2016
well I expected that to happen... only 12 episodes and people said that it would be 50 plus lol how ironic.. well back to the switch games
Dec 23, 2022 5:45 PM

Apr 2020
Err, I expected someone would use the sword of fate and defeat lord of 999/1000 jewels then proceed to the miracle scene, but he didn't ever appear. I liked some moments of the anime and I hate to be that guy, but the game is better. Ok, Seraphina was trained by Alex/Sandra, who was a strong jumi but come on, Seraphina is strong enough to defeat Lady Black Pearl?

I'm disappointed by this ending, but I still loved to see the characters voiced by Japanese actors. Maybe we'll have the chance to watch the anime adaptation of faeries and dragons' quests. 
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 23, 2022 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
It feels like they left out half of the episodes
Dec 23, 2022 7:48 PM
May 2020
I really wanted to like this world and enjoyed the other characters like Basket Fish, Duelle, Nunuzac, the Pirate Penguins and others.
I wish this had been about those characters and that slice of life instead of the Jumi crystal hunt. Oh well at least it explained things unlike Chainsaw Man.
Dec 23, 2022 7:54 PM
Jan 2020
2 slideshows ended today, should I be happy or not?
Dec 23, 2022 8:08 PM

Oct 2016
A character changed sexes (if they have one, maybe they don't) at some point of the story and no explanation was given. Another one remained unexplored until the last episode gave us a very brief flashback about her. Said last episode had tons of flashback of stuff we had seen before in the series. The protagonist remained useless throughout the whole series and I don't think they ever showed what the narration at the beginning of the show was, right? The resolution was ass pulled shit. Oh and what a bait the opening was. The aesthetics were cute, everything else was bleh.
Dec 24, 2022 12:57 AM

Aug 2014
So the one who rescued the Jumi is not the Lord of Jewel but Shiloh and Seraphina?
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 24, 2022 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
So yeah, I mean, the ending was nice and all. Great to hear Annika's version for "Song of Mana" it's all very nostalgic and everything.

But in the end I have to say I didn't like it all that much. Main reason being: No Blackpearl route. But it's not the only one. It didn't make sense for the femMC to be able to take down Blackpearl at the end, the melodramatic relationship with Sandra didn't make coherent sense either, so your lifelong friend just commits suicide in front of you, so you go like .. oh ok. Also I don't feel that most people felt anything seeing the Jumi die, I know I didn't, and I've played this game many times, there was no actual affective background being built, not to mention many of their deaths were anticlimactic, mostly because nothing about these characters was explained ... except maybe Elazul and Blackpearl, and we don't see either of them die, the only one that more or less made an impression was Esmeralda and having her practice magic and being a complete failure at it was a nice touch, even then, it was somewhat subpar, she just kinda died like a nobody, and MC hardly did anything to defend her or show any sense of duty.

What I would have done:

Start the whole event sequence from Cosmo, then emphasize STs and special moves in important battles, give MC more of a reason to help the Jumi, half the time he was just following them around with zero convictions about what was happening, and the fact he didn't even become Esmeralda's knight made it even more nonsensical for him to take this on a personal level, we could've had Rubens and Diana's relationship explained in flashbacks, highlighted events would have to be Cosmo, the Lucky Clover, and the Two Pearls, give it 3 episodes each, and then other 3 for Fluorite and Teardrop Crystal, use the dream sequence to cover the Jumi's past, leave Sandra out of the picture and let it remain and enigmatic character just like the game, that would have been better and instead focus on building bonds with the "good" Jumi and breaking them, and Serafina? complete waste of space, we don't need her.

I think that would have made everything more compelling, though well, that would also make people who are unfamiliar understand less of what's actually going on, but let's be honest, how many people watching for the first time actually understood? I don't think many of them did anyway.
Dec 24, 2022 8:44 PM
Dec 2013
Honestly, this whole thing was a flop the moment they decided to make Shiloh super weak and unable to beat literally anything unless he has a 1-use cheating sword. They adapted it so that Shiloh and Elazul couldn't even beat Du'Inke (aka the purple gorilla, which is the first boss in the game for most people, which you're suppose to beat) and instead had to have Blackpearl bail them out. At the time when that episode released I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they did it to foreshadow Blackpearl but then as episodes went by I think even the writers realized they messed up with this decision. Because if they can't even beat Du'Inke, how are they suppose to fight against literally anything else? And the answer they decided to go for was just "They can't, but hey Elazul has a fancy sword for a single Jewel Beast on the final episode!" (when in the game you kill at least 5 of those things with your own strength). So because of this one decision that completely deviated from the source material, there's no battle with the Lord of Jewels and we have to deal with people constantly complaining about how weak Shiloh is throughout the whole series with no growth to back it up.

Hannescha's review pretty much sums up my thoughts on this anime, so go read that. I think the best way to adapt this into an anime would've been in an episodic format with a similar vibe as Kino's Journey, but I guess 12 episodes is all they had to work with so the way they did it here was their only option.

It's not all negative as a LoM fan though. I'm glad they used the original game OST, stayed very true to the original character and background designs, and even referenced obscure things like the Blessed Elixir (this one is for the people with barrels in their souls). All of which is good fanservice and nostalgia, so I applaud the people in charge of that stuff. But its the actual story writers who I have to question here. It's almost like they attempted to play the game, couldn't beat the first boss (despite it being extremely easy), gave up, read a guide on the Jumi arc to get an idea of what happens, and then decided to make an anime out of it.

Now in terms of if they should adapt the Faerie Arc or the Dragon Arc, I wouldn't mind if they do just because I love LoM, but I know for a fact that it will not end well just like this one. The Dragon Arc has nothing really special going for it story wise, and while the Faerie Arc does, it only works in game because it requires you to do multiple playthroughs to pick different choices each time to actually get the full story and experience, which is not something you can really do in an anime.

Anyways TL;DR game good, anime bad.
Dec 25, 2022 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
I didn't really like Shiloh that much so his dead here was more of a relief to me but hey at least the other Jumi got revived. I kinda wish the story was executed better as the fantasy world itself and the character designs looked pretty good

Dec 25, 2022 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
I still don't get what Sandra was trying to accomplish? What was the lord of jewels supposed to be doing?

I felt like Seraphina wasn't shown suffering enough each time she did something bad? She did it all with a straight face and then she says she didn't want to do that stuff and ok I might believe you more if you hesitated at some point. 

Shiloh had a freakin spear through him and he was still talking as if everything was fine for several minutes. And he forgave Seraphina way too easily?? Even if she didn't like it, she still killed people??
The ending was so rushed, I wish they had shown an epilogue or something.

So sad this anime could have been awesome if only the writing did not suck.
Dec 27, 2022 7:26 AM

May 2009
Animation was so bad, especially Serafina stabbing Shiloh. Also them coming home just like that was also shitty.
Dec 27, 2022 7:53 AM
Jun 2021
i still wish marina get more screen 😢
Dec 27, 2022 3:32 PM

Dec 2019
It's too sad the animation and direction were so awful. While the character designs look amazing, they must have been incredibly difficult to draw over and over again thus it was fated to end up being just a Power Point presentation. I mean, animating such highly detailed characters would require lots of time and a very high budget, which I am assuming the animators had none of. Still the music was amazing and the fact that they incorporated the OST was a nice touch.

I really liked the story, despite never having played Legend of Mana before (guess is some good time to give it a try). For someone who's unfamiliar with the story but familiar with the franchise, I still think there were many things left unexplained that would have been nice to know like:
Dec 28, 2022 12:37 AM

Mar 2015
At least I got to see Elle for 2 seconds and Flameshe for 10. No Monique at all was disappointing. I agree with the average rating people gave this anime..After Emeralda died the entire show went to crap.
Dec 28, 2022 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
sapphireluna said:
I still don't get what Sandra was trying to accomplish? What was the lord of jewels supposed to be doing?

I felt like Seraphina wasn't shown suffering enough each time she did something bad? She did it all with a straight face and then she says she didn't want to do that stuff and ok I might believe you more if you hesitated at some point. 

Shiloh had a freakin spear through him and he was still talking as if everything was fine for several minutes. And he forgave Seraphina way too easily?? Even if she didn't like it, she still killed people??

Sandra wished to save Florina at expense of everyone else (which was what Florina was doing, she was giving her life to everyone) because the Lord of the jewels could create a Teardrop crystal to save Florina if he had 1000 jumi cores.

Natasha18 said:
It's too sad the animation and direction were so awful. While the character designs look amazing, they must have been incredibly difficult to draw over and over again thus it was fated to end up being just a Power Point presentation. I mean, animating such highly detailed characters would require lots of time and a very high budget, which I am assuming the animators had none of. Still the music was amazing and the fact that they incorporated the OST was a nice touch.

I really liked the story, despite never having played Legend of Mana before (guess is some good time to give it a try). For someone who's unfamiliar with the story but familiar with the franchise, I still think there were many things left unexplained that would have been nice to know like:

Dec 28, 2022 6:13 PM

Dec 2018
Loved this game. Beat the boss in one hit. but this ending and the rest of the season was a bit disappointing. would have been nice to have 2 cours.
StateofOhayoDec 28, 2022 10:46 PM
Dec 30, 2022 4:27 AM
Oct 2019
Shiloh the first MC that never get W?

Overall this is just really mediocre adaptation, i still watching it pure of Nostalgia.

They used the OG version of Sword of Mana, another pure Nostalgia fan service.

5/10 very biased for Nostalgia aspect.

Just play the Game. you deserve to have a good time.

Jan 2, 2023 6:28 AM

Feb 2021
Wait what?! Is this the end? The last boss is not that powerful and the MC's very weak... But at least He and Sefarina save the Jumi.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2023 8:19 PM
Apr 2021
it's annoying how weak shilhoh and elazul are
Jan 8, 2023 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jan 9, 2023 3:24 AM

Mar 2013
The story could've been good and decent after watching the first episode but man, they ruined it after that.
It's like a copy paste of Super Mario with different plots, storyline... 👀
The ending was way too rushed, the story was rushed while the animation was too slow.

Overall, it was very bad. Same feelings when I watch the Ragnarok the Animation. I had to use 2x playback speed...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 20, 2023 3:06 PM

Dec 2019
Thanks a lot for the explanation, I'm glad to know there's more in the game. Guess I've got to give it a try! :D

Kamirura
sapphireluna said:

Sandra wished to save Florina at expense of everyone else (which was what Florina was doing, she was giving her life to everyone) because the Lord of the jewels could create a Teardrop crystal to save Florina if he had 1000 jumi cores.

Natasha18 said:

Jan 23, 2023 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
A nice touch they featured the original Song of Mana!
Feb 9, 2023 7:07 AM

Feb 2021
tsubasalover said:

Edit:
Memore said:
Great news! We will wait for thie version! Thanks!
  director's cut ver. will be released on February 13, 2023
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1675914708
Thank you so much for this info! Hope for the info about ED song too!
Feb 13, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2018
This Director's Cut was such a waste.
Feb 15, 2023 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
Marcos_Aspira said:
This Director's Cut was such a waste.
No, it is a very good episode. I like it so much!
Feb 20, 2023 2:58 PM

May 2009
Director's cut was much better than original broadcast, animation was actually present but it didn't change that Seraphina impaling Shiloh with her spear wasn't needed (and didn't have any consequences) also she didn't do wwredemption for her wrongdoing, which made her returning with him to his home still jarring as fuck.
Mar 16, 2023 1:53 AM
Oct 2016
I have one question about the ending: did Shiloh and Seraphina end up living together? Maybe, maybe not. Seeing that they both showed up at the same time gives hope for that they actually did. It may not be the case, but one can always hope.

Anyway, although it was a pretty solid show, I actually ended up anticipating each episode which I didn't expect. I might play the game someday and see if it's any different.
Jun 14, 2023 8:21 AM

Apr 2023
Please play the original game instead of this crappy as hell adaptation.

Oct 28, 2023 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
"I mean... you killed a bunch of my friends are I'm already dying because of you, but man, your cooking was the best!" - Shiloh, a completely sane and fine protagonist

Oh boy... this episode was atrocious. When this show started I actually wondered why people hate it so much, the first half was fine. But the last few episodes and especially this episode were just horribly written. Characters made no sense either and the fighting scenes were one of the worst I've ever seen. 3/10
Apr 28, 9:25 AM
Mar 2021
Il faut beaucoup de détermination pour le terminer

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 14, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.