Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 11:55 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
End of series was kinda disappointing,although enjoyed.
Probably for next season,we have to wait at least 1 year ;-(
8/10
Nov 3, 2019 5:04 AM

Jul 2017
Fun season, I wonder if they will announce a season 3?
Nov 4, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2015
Shit, Ohma with that right and knocking Raian out was truly splendid. Although it wasn't a flashy victory, it still was amazing to watch. His own Niko style is awesome, too bad it made Setsuna steam like a chimney. But the man of the moment was Kazuo, who managed to motivate him with those emotional words.

I was also impressed by the showing of balls by Kazuo to the Kure head, his knees though:-D If it wasn't for his dad Kenzo Would've been assassinated, that's probably why he finally took his call, really made me happy. Kazuo has really changed a lot, from being just a wall in the room, can't wait for his head to head with Nogi. I'm glad Ohma has managed to live into that fight considering his health.

karura stripping B-)

This wasn't a perfect season but I enjoyed it. There wasn't that much passion from last season but it certainly delivered well. The animation is still shit, but this was adapted well in terms of content. I also loved that it gave other characters a shine, while Ohma took the backseat until this fight. The music was the same as last season, so nothing new there. What's important is that it managed to satisfy my enjoyment.

Looking forward to season 3.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 6, 2019 1:02 PM
Aug 2019
I like Yamashita got character development he finally starts to show some guts and spirit meeting ohma changed him i cannot understand why some are complaining about the animation for me the animation was fine i suppose the guys who complain about the animation are animators or at the very least have worked with animation.
Then again many are confusing artwork with animation which is stupid as fuck.
The animation is the process of movement of the human body like if you perform a backflip where you pretty much move your body backward in different stages but what most people are mistaken is the movement with the quality of the art and when we go to art then we go to line work which we go to how the lines have been drawn/ proportion mistakes and all this and coloring is all about putting color plus shadow and light values and makes the art look more realistic so if there is something drawn wrong it is not animation problem it is artwork problem.

GourmetforceNov 6, 2019 1:10 PM
Nov 7, 2019 11:07 PM
Nov 2016
As someone like myself which hate CGI with passion I gotta admit, I liked this anime... A LOT... this anime got me hyped through all the episodes and that's really something, if an anime manages to do that then they are doing it right, I would still prefer if they used normal art work/animation over that goddamn CGI but this CGI was pretty watchable.

Unfortunately I don't have the patience to wait for a season 3 so I'm going to read the manga, does anyone knows which chapter I should start with in the manga?
Nov 12, 2019 1:44 PM

Nov 2015
Never thought I would like an anime with CGI. I liked the anime, nothing more nothing less.
Solid 7/10, looking forward to next season! I also prefer it over Baki.
Nov 13, 2019 11:11 AM
Feb 2019
All I have to say is. Ohma better pick Karura over bland blondie lol
Nov 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2016
It was alright. Adapted well from the manga and you get used to the CGI. Surprisingly enjoyable. And they used a lot more traditional animation compared to last season which was pretty much 99% CGI.
Nov 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Feb 2009
Season 3 when? Netflix better deliver!
Nov 17, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2018
MaxCrazy7 said:
Season 3 when? Netflix better deliver!

I second this! There's still quite a bit more story left to tell.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 22, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2019
One of the few fighting animes that's pretty decent. I can't wait for the 3rd season

8/10 manime, Karura best girl.

Dec 3, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2013
Phareux said:
It was alright. Adapted well from the manga and you get used to the CGI. Surprisingly enjoyable. And they used a lot more traditional animation compared to last season which was pretty much 99% CGI.

the traditional animation was the worst part of this season. during some scenes i couldn't even focus on the dialogue because i was distracted by the ugly drawings.
Dec 3, 2019 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
Simar said:
Phareux said:

the traditional animation was the worst part of this season. during some scenes i couldn't even focus on the dialogue because i was distracted by the ugly drawings.

Well, the animation definitely was choppy, which is pretty much a red flag on why they went the CGI route. But the art style itself, I enjoyed, except for the dimensions being obviously flat.

Although, if a series decides to use CGI for 50% of the run, they honestly should go full throttle and ditch the traditional animation, which I believe this series should've done in the first place.
Dec 19, 2019 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Ohma accept the Niko style and make it his own

Raian could have won the fight if he was serious in beating Ohma from the start

Seeing that Fang and that other strong dude know about Niko means that Niko must have been one hell of a strong guy, but also that the person who killed him and Setzuna must be much stronger

Can't wait for a season 3

Dec 27, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2015
Great finale. Nice to have the Kure guy as last boss for this season. Wouldn't have made sense to stop at some other match in the tournament. (Would have been better to have another 12 episodes to maybe fully adapt the tournament.) Feels faster paced than Baki where a tournamend happened as well - but started only after 24 episodes in a 2nd season with full 2-cour. (Then again for the tournament itself here we seem to have a similar slow pacing.)

I really like Yamashita Kazuo. I bet the old Kure guy having been reminded of Katahara for a short moment ... was a bit foreshawoding for Yamashita becoming head of the Kengan associatin. Might be trouble later between him and Nogi after Ohma wins the tournament.

I hope for more seasons and a full adaption. Don't want to read the manga. (Hopefully Baki will get more as well.)
Jan 9, 2020 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
Suddenly everyone knows who Niko is lol but whatever that fight was legendary. Fuck that was awesome! This needs a sequel, like really. Stop making shitty originals Netflix and make sequels for the good ones!

Apr 6, 2020 1:20 AM

Feb 2013
So, he won with Niko's skills in the end, cool.
Jul 10, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2014
Honestly, feels like Ohma should've lost that fight. That was one of the rare moments in this anime where it didn't feel warrented to win. Most of the others were pretty good.

Wonder how season 3 is going to go. Without any timeskip I have no clue how he's going to win this tournament.
I've been here way too long...
Sep 15, 2020 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
season 3 plss...

best fav fighter: GaoLan :D
Sep 26, 2020 3:23 PM

Dec 2013
The Kure Clan was great, a bunch of monsters but only when working, otherwise they are just like regular people or really goofy, reminds me of Tom & Jerry when they spend the whole day trying to kill each other and then punch their cards when the work hours are over.
Nov 15, 2020 12:18 PM
Jun 2016
Any News About Season 3 ??
Jan 3, 2021 8:29 AM

May 2018
I wonder how Ouma will get better at Niko style, because he definitely needs to. A short training arc maybe?(If we ever going to get a 3 season)
Jan 21, 2021 8:02 AM

Sep 2009
@Ittan_Momen - how did you add your recently watched list into your post? That’s cool..
Surely you jest!
-Magensha, Flame of Recca
Jan 21, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2018
@Torii-chan

Go to your profile page
Click on Edit Profile at the top right next to the cog wheel
In Settings, go to My Signature
From there you can customize the list

Unfortunately, it's not updating as it should. Something must be going on with MAL.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 18, 2022 3:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Ohma was really demonic during his comeback I'm not surprised a beat Raian in the end... at least we got Yamashita that stood up against the Kure even though it was for nothing but that was nice to see this side of him, he'll finally be able to speak with his son... now let's wait for S2
Jan 23, 2023 10:45 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Season 3 should hurry up already.
Mar 31, 2023 3:25 PM
Jul 2022
Want to know how ppl know who Niko is
Jul 7, 2023 1:28 AM
May 2021
Man the fights were so dam good in this season. Fcking loved it, hyped for S2 coming this September
Jul 7, 2023 1:29 AM
May 2021
Eoussama said:
Season 3 should hurry up already.

It's coming on September 2023 bro!
Oct 20, 2023 8:53 AM
Aug 2021
He has finally spoken to his son after a decade. I'm happy for him. Ohma has finally grown mentally. He has evolved let's see what he does from here. Bro was so mad that he was no longer acting like the god of destruction. Ohma has mad rizz though pulling all the baddies.
Dec 23, 2023 3:04 PM

May 2018
I don't get their selective censorship. They kept the scene of Karla stripping, but Fusui on the roof is still sitting instead on laying. Why were they so afraid to show a covered butt image that they had to resort to such ridiculous for a sniper position?
While Karla just stripped alright.
Jun 25, 3:13 PM
May 2022
disappointed with the way Yamashita's character is handled
things just happen and he goes along there is no decision making whatsover, his bond with Ohma feels non existent
his son's character was pointless as well
lots of unnecessary stuff in this ani
Sep 7, 8:38 PM
Jul 2021
terrible mc but decent side character fights

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Vipek - Nov 2, 2019

10 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

striperrela - Nov 1, 2019

20 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

striperrela - Nov 1, 2019

9 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Vipek - Nov 1, 2019

14 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Vipek - Oct 31, 2019

15 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.