Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The last part of the trilogy didn't disappoint. It seems like this part is gonna link straight to S3 which is a good thing. Loads of Shinya in this part of the movie too. Kinda surprised they showed a nipple during the bath scene though, was not expecting that but it was only for like 2 seconds so welp.

Overall, this part was about as good as part 1. I can't wait for S3 to be out.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 17, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2017
Is there info on the Blu rays for this?
Sep 25, 2019 7:22 AM
Jun 2019
WOW....THEY WENT ALL OUT IN THE LAST MOVIE....WELL DONE ....THE FIRST TWO MOVIES WAS JUST OK....THIS MAYBE A VERY GOOD SETUP FOR THE 3RD SEASON SOON....
Sep 25, 2019 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
Basically Kougami is back to save psycho-pass from the dumpster pit

CANT FKIN WAIT MAN FOR SEASON 3
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Oct 9, 2019 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
YESSSSSSSSS KOGAMI IS GOING BACK TO JAPAN. I really hope he shows up more in season 3.

Man this movie was freaking awesome.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Oct 17, 2019 6:03 AM
Feb 2015
Do i need to watch this CASE 3 movie ? is it like a sequel for an original movie , i heard that CASE 1 and 2 were more like a sidestory because of certain characters showing up
Oct 22, 2019 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
TG_Rising said:
Do i need to watch this CASE 3 movie ? is it like a sequel for an original movie , i heard that CASE 1 and 2 were more like a sidestory because of certain characters showing up

Yes, it's basically a sequel to the 2015 movie. Without spoiling anything, Case 3 ends with what is presumably a loose set up for events forthcoming in season 3. And out of the three SS films, it looks to be the most directly related to whatever the upcoming third season has in store for us.

So if you're looking to continue watching Psycho-Pass I'd check out all the films. But hey, whatever you fancy at the end of the day.
Oct 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Feb 2017
This one was great too, I enjoyed it all the more for Kogami. That Frederica chick is a bombshell. Screw Akane x Kogami, Frederica x Kogami is where it's at. They have great chemistry in this movie. I hope we see a lot more of her in the future, as well as her interactions with Kogami. I also loved sort of family dynamic Kogami, Tenzing and Frederica had going.

Anyways, this movie hyped me for season 3. There is certainly something going on with Frederica and Ministry of Foreign Affairs since Case 2 she goes to Birou and tries to bring back Sugo and now in this movie she goes after Kogami. Definitely something going on with that. That should be explored in season 3 i take it.
Oct 24, 2019 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
One cannot move on until they have settled the score with their past. Kogami Shinya is gonna be back!!!
The last part of the trilogy movie went full on power. The animations, the CGI, the scenery and lots of Kogami was what we really needed. The wait was worth it.
I'm was also really excited to see the movie take place on the cultures I grew up with. Was wonderful to see the people and the nature that felt too nostalgic.
Now its time to move on to Season 3.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 24, 2019 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
Akane e Kogami ships now.
Oct 24, 2019 9:15 PM
Mar 2015
Our boy is coming home to Japan having burned his bridges everywhere else
Oct 25, 2019 5:13 AM

Oct 2017
Yes this is how Psycho pass is supposed to be, it's nothing without Kougami. This last part of the movie trilogy was the best. It felt so good to see Kougami back in action and Tenjin is a really nice girl, hope she appears sometime in the future again. The animation and fight scenes were really well done.

Also that last scene HELL YEAH he is coming back. Now I'm really looking forward to s3.
MegamiRemOct 25, 2019 5:22 AM
Oct 25, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
To me it feels like killing Garcia was wrong move he was going for the ends justify the means approach
Oct 25, 2019 11:12 PM

Oct 2015
Kougami only elevated his fugitive status now by killing Garcia. But Garcia deserved it though after what he did to Tenjin. I'm also glad she survived, the girl was only a victim of that war conflict, and certainly did not deserve to be punished further. It was only too bad she didn't kill Jean herself, that bastard was so smug you'd want to headbutt his nose.

Overall this was weak. The only good thing about was the animation and music. Plot was cheap and tacky, so much that they had to use that cliché action Hollywood style, blow up scenes, blond babes, violence and some tacky dialogue. Those "suppose to be deep" conversations only made it worse, and so unbearable. The last two movies had content, more depth than this wannabe Hollywood slap on. I even forgot I was watching Psycho pass, which by the way dealt with the Sybil system. Where is "Smart Kougami"? Because all I got was this washed up brute, who's trying to convince himself he's saving the world, even though he's just a washed up detective who's on the run from the law. Also I felt the blond bitch wasn't necessary at all.

He shouldn't come back to Japan, just stay in hiding and let us watch season 3, maybe it will be better than this shit load.

Damn, I miss Makishima!

5/10.
lihle808Oct 25, 2019 11:15 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 26, 2019 3:41 AM

Nov 2018
Tenzing was so happy to feel Kogami and Frederica as her adoptive parents (as close as it comes to that)
Good movie. Frederica proved to be a formidable character. And Tenzing is nice and had decent character development.
Oct 26, 2019 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
A bit better than the first two SS movies, but overall still average. Garcia needed a better background story, the main political conflict was rather superficial.
The discussion between Kougami and (imaginary) Makishima were nice tho.
5.5/10
AzazinOct 27, 2019 2:37 AM
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Oct 26, 2019 1:00 PM
Jun 2017
Tenzing and his uncle were likeable characters, and Frederica looked interesting, too - while in Case.2 she looked more suspicious, she was quite friendly here. i wonder which is her true self - she can certainly manipulate well. Garcia was quite lame of a villain, though. i'm surprised Kougami didn't see through his act sooner.
i was quite bored with Kougami's struggles, tbh - I would have preferred if the theme hadn't been around making the revenge kill and then killing more as a merc, but more on the way he sacrificed his years + and left his friends to get to the point of revenge. because the latter is what he should be really feel guilty about anyway, imo. maybe in Se3 he will hopefully apologize properly to Gino and Akane, heh.
Oct 26, 2019 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
This has some good parts, and some bad parts, I am not optimistic so I will start with the bad stuff:
->Kogami did not get much development, mostly it was just him talking.
->The OST was used from the first movie.
->The focus on the philosophical concepts was light and they didn't finish any of the ideas.
-> The villain was average at best.
Good stuff:
->The young girl's character gets a lot of attention and that's nice
->Ties really well with maybe how they will execute season 3
->The action is decent, but seems to be Hollywood-ish when it shouldn't try that
Also the best thing:
SirPepeTheFourthOct 27, 2019 8:11 AM
Oct 27, 2019 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Watched all 3 movies today for the 3rd season. Wasn't really in the mood to watch before and thought it might've been unnecessary. But it was pretty good/decent. Adds some parts to the new season (i hope so). So we'll see Kougami one day.
Still do not believe that neither Tsunemori, nor Kougami will have important roles this season.
Overall 7/10 for all the movies, was quite enjoyable.
Oct 27, 2019 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Easily the best of the 3 Sinners of the System movies, I would even call this one a very good one. Kougami's back!
Oct 28, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2011
Hold up. Let's do a quick review of the battle plan for that last act.

The goal was to kill Garcia while killing the least amount of other soldiers, as mentioned before the battle.

First, you ride a tank-drone next to the passenger part of the train so that the enemy can spot you. You then fall back and blow up the last carriage which is full of weapons.
You jump(!) from the drone onto the train, then fight your way towards the front.
Meanwhile, someone else blows up the controls of the train with an rpg (killing baddies). You also switch the train onto a different track.

You fight with the baddies, killing them (against the goal), and have a knife fight with Garcia. You finish him off, jump off the train again.

Finally, the train rides off a cliff.

Off.
A.
Cliff.

So the plan itself involves killing everyone on the train, as well as putting yourself on a train you plan to drive off of a cliff?! What plans were discarded that this was the best option? It completely violates the secondary objective, while not even focusing on the primary objective.

Why board the train at all? Why do anything of this at all? Simply switch the tracks, distract the enemy, done.
Or just shoot the rpg at Garcia, done.
Why, writers, why?
Oct 28, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
Good ol Kogami pulling a Dark Knight move.
Oct 30, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2016
A kinda disappointing, predictable and overly-clichéd (even more so than the previous two) third film, but overall I have to say I still really enjoyed this little trilogy, which was surprising for me. And they even have me pretty excited for season 3 now!

They did a whole lot of very important things for many characters (in terms of backstory, growth and just further fleshing them out--they did much more, and much, much better work here than season 2 ever did for them. Especially with Mika's character), and definitely matched or even succeeded the first season's quality for me at certain points. They were each very enjoyable little cases, and they definitely managed to nail the tone, the enthralling Sci-Fi world-building and the riveting character moments I love from Psycho-Pass. And the action and art!! God damn were they on point too--especially in this third film (seriously, the background art was fucking beautiful - they definitely did Tibet justice. What a beautiful setting!).

Oh and I also have to mention that opening for them - what a fucking AWESOME remix man. Def gonna have it on repeat for quite awhile. It really did a great job of setting the tone for the films, and getting you in the mood for them.

Overall I think it's film 2 > 1 > 3 for me. For this third film, it felt to me a bit like they skimped out on writing a well-written or especially interesting plot, just because they knew they had Kougami, which'd invariably carry it for many. Not much new ground was really tread here, in terms of the themes, the exploration or the new characters. The antagonist was especially lame and forgettable I thought.
ZaugrOct 30, 2019 3:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2019 9:06 PM
Nov 2018
that nipple shot, i dig it. i ship frederica and kougami. overall enjoyed the trilogy! seems like this movie will tie into season 3, so can't wait to see what happens
Nov 2, 2019 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
Now that was a damn fine entry, much like the previous 2 the movie wasnt exactly hard to predict but it was handled so well nonetheless and more importantly it gave some excellent introspection into kougami as a character and fleshing out his regrets and lasting feels from s1's events. It was a simple but effective story that I thought had some much needed heart that psycho pass often loses in its grimdark themes.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Lucky kid, got to hang out with Kougami.
Nov 6, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
This was a good movie

That blonde woman, Frederica, from the previous movie makes an appearance.
Good thing Tenzing survived.

Kougami's talk with Makishima was nice. I miss that guy. :P

Yes! Kougami will be back, well I hope so.

7/10.

Nov 15, 2019 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
good movie i'd go 3 - 2 -1 in best to worse

Kougami is such a good boi now glad Tenzing and other unit dude made it out okay.

hes coming home, no idea what S3 has in store for me now that i can watch it
Nov 19, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2017
Kougami bath scene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

He's going back to Japan so im happy. The rest of the story is ok.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 22, 2019 4:52 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty good !
Surprisingly the second movie was my favourite of the trilogy
Loved the girl Tenzin in this, she had a really good energy about her, and the VA did a really good job portraying that.
Also, I was pretty indifferent about Frederica in the second movie, but she and Kogami make a pretty good duo. Hopefully there’s more of her.

Now finally on to the newest season Psycho pass 3!
Nov 25, 2019 5:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
As long as there's Kougami, it's bound to be enjoyable :) Although I like watching the new protagonists in S3 as well. Again, I don't think the movies (including the 2015 one) have amazing plots, but the visuals and action choreography are such a treat! Some really neat cinematography too, such as when Kougami fell from the train towards the end of the movie.

Plot wise, I think I still like SS2 better, mostly because for some reason I don't like characters like Tenjin...especially since it's the same VA as Nina from SnB...similar personality. Anyways, this one doesn't seem to really fit "Sinners of the System" theme as much as the previous two, given that it happens outside of Japan and the Sibyl System. It's more of a prologue to S3, and sequel to the 2015 movie. I suppose Garcia is sort of like a sinner of the system, in that he's orchestrates conflict but solves them as well in order to earn profit. He also talked about the weight of his men dying, but he doesn't feel anything for anyone else's lives that were taken, destroyed, or traumatized. That's normal too I guess. People only care about themselves and/or their people.
Dec 1, 2019 6:23 AM

Dec 2018
Kougami: "If there's no killing, then I'll take care of it."
Several minutes later........ shoots people.

Frederica gives her bottles of water to Kougami and then Kougami drink it, I wonder what this is all about.

I bet Frederica's request is gonna be a huge one. And I guess she's trying to start some kind of coup d'etat.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 9, 2019 8:00 PM

Mar 2016
Damm... Although I think the 2nd one was strongest this one was also good.
It wasn't as stylized as the 2nd one but the 2D was done better. The eye reflections were incredibly.
The story was simple and the characters pretty basic with a little depth.
I like Frederica. I think I'm even in love.
But the more I watch Psycho-Pass, the more I can see that it moves away from season 1 and tries to rip-off (not very good) Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. I mean, holding a sniper at close range to a battle suit? Come on. And it is a shame. Psycho-Pass doesn't need to rip-off something to be good yet it seems to steer in that direction.
Now season 3. Let's binge.
Dec 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Nov 2009
tingy said:
He also talked about the weight of his men dying
He didn't say that. He talked about the responsibility to feed his men as an excuse for his setting up that cruel ploy with "bad guys" killing innocents and "good guys" settling the conflict triggered by that.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 13, 2019 5:53 PM
Dec 2014
I mean, it was pretty enjoyable, but can we talk about how the last few seconds were the most exciting out of the whole film?

Big hype for Kogami to return to Japan <3
Dec 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
Although it was great to see Kougami again, I think the movie was pretty average. Psycho-Pass' strength really lies more in the detective work rather than the guerilla warfare in a random asian country.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 29, 2019 2:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a solid movie for me! Overall, 3>2>1.

Kougami's vengeance, count me in! Props to the team for giving this Movie an extra 10 minutes to flesh things up a bit more and end off on that exhilarating note for future projects to take advantage of.

Action scenes were great as ever and the use of CGI slightly jarring here and there but the setting and vibrant colours were a real treat to watch!

Tenzing was a very interesting, lively and charming character too, I felt. It's amazing how she manages to stay in good spirits despite going through all the things that she has. I was worried she might just killed off somewhere along the line but good that my intuition was off there.

Despite everything the antagonist pulled off, you've got to give it to him for bringing the fighting to an end. Sometimes you need someone to do the dirty work but you just can't let that pass either now, can you? Tenzing realizing this and Kougami putting it into action was great to watch!

And I'm definitely more curious about that half-Japanese investigator. But more importantly, Kougami is going to come back to Japan, hell yeah! I can't wait to see what they're going to cook up for the Sibyl System.

I'll give this Movie a solid 7.3/10! My favourite Movie of the franchise so far! Time for Season 3 now. Finally.
_MushiRock11_Jan 1, 2020 2:32 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 29, 2019 5:31 PM

Feb 2009
this was an enjoyable movie, definitely will re-watch it in a future, but it wasn't my favorite in the trilogy. I say 2 > 1 > 3. The plot was cliche and generic, but the location was refreshing, action scenes were really good, even if Kougami and Tenzing's development was kinda 1 dimensional, they were entertaining. and the music was solid as always. onto season 3!
Jan 5, 2020 8:37 PM

May 2012
This last case sure topped the bunch! Really nice action and story development, now I'm really excited for the third season!
Jan 10, 2020 7:18 AM
Apr 2019
though the second movie was the best amongst the three, this was almost as good as the 2nd one. Glad to see Kougami back in action. The train scene was ok,,,yeah it was ok (could have done better since It's IG)... also we got to see Frederica's nipples which is surprising.
Apr 3, 2020 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
Only now it is apparent to me that Kogami does have a rather "oh woe is me" kind of personality. I don't know how I've missed this before. I can't blame him though considering all the stuff he's been through but killing Makishima was his decision and someone as smart as him would have been aware of the burden and effects it would put on him. imo he's a very individualistic person, be it for the good or bad. He's not someone I'd agree with much but he's a complex character.

Anyway, Frederica was great. She and the supporting characters were enjoyable to watch. I hope Tenzing and her uncle are doing well.
HajinnieApr 3, 2020 2:24 AM
allo
Apr 12, 2020 2:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a breeze of fresh air, this was a better movie than the last two no question.
I guess that lets Kougami into the main conflict for now.
Apr 29, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyed this one the most, 3>2>1 for me.
Was cool seeing Kogami again, story was interesting.

Wonder how it'll work for Kogami coming back to Japan, surely he's going to be on the list everywhere after claiming himself to be the assassin.
May 7, 2020 5:17 PM

Dec 2019
Poor Kogami lol, when ever he goes he ends up being a criminal and a wanted man.
                                                         🖤   

May 9, 2020 3:30 AM

Nov 2011
Despite Kougami being here, it felt the weakest of the trilogy, the plot was a basic hollywood action movie, so it ended being really predictable. It also did not make use of any kind of story elements to link it to psycho pass, it could literally be called something else and completely stand alone, felt like i was watching a different show entirely.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 12, 2020 10:21 PM
Mar 2019
I liked it
CASE 3 better than 1 & 2
A lot of Kougami
Now i will continue with season 3 to see what will be the link with the cases
I love Psycho Pass
Jul 9, 2020 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
Mroujeee said:
To me it feels like killing Garcia was wrong move he was going for the ends justify the means approach

Agreed! I was a bit confused why he ended up killing him given the whole "revenge is not good" speech to tenzing

anyway i loved this!! 9/10 the movies rank 3>2>1 for me :) super excited for S3!!!
Aug 2, 2020 2:09 AM

Nov 2019
This... this doesn't feel anything like Psycho-Pass.

Technically a sequel to the earlier stand-alone movie, focused on Kougami and that blonde woman introduced in the previous SS entry, in practice it comes across like a Ghibli movie capped off by a bunch of extremely ill-fitting action scenes.
Nov 14, 2020 4:20 AM

Dec 2012
2117.11 South Asia
KOUGAMI!!!!!!!
Kougami beat they ass.
Right in the eye.
Garcia.
Tshering.
Driver got shot.
Kougami saved them.
A girl.
Kougami to be her mentor?

HOLY SHIT! My dream is coming true! I've been wanting this for years! The GOAT of the series is finally coming back reclaim his birthright (the main character of PP) that he gave up when he left Japan! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! With that said...

Frederica is THE waifu of PP. She is perfection. Bless the staff for showing her nipples, I knew she was too fine for them not to bring her back and they did. Funny enough, the way she tried to recruit Sugou in Case 2 felt like she was doing something, but then in this, she came in like Nick Fury recruiting for the Avengers. Can't wait to see more of the waifu. With that said...

They obviously saved the best Case for last and they delivered. Its been exactly 5 years since the events of PP started (2112.11) and Kougami is 33 years old now. Kinda sucks seeing him get older. Anyway, the GOAT/MC is coming back! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
case 3 was very much a continuation of case 1 and kogami's story.

another great movie though case 2 is my favorite of the three while 1 and 3 are same rank.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler
KayKimiiMay 19, 2023 8:31 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i see this movie while having only watched the original movie and the first season of the OG series?

photamako - Mar 9, 2019

14 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 4, 2021 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.