Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Apr 2017
That episode was really heart warming, didn't expect such an episode 10/10

May 20, 2017 8:46 AM

May 2009
What a lucky smurf
May 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
They should totally release that movie as an OVA or something :D

"car chases and explosions"
the director must be best friends with michael bay.

"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 20, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
A heart-warming episode, not only due to the blazing house. Focusing on Maki was a fine decision, which offered an insight into her past and incentives. In addition to her, pretty much the whole cast managed to improve in one way or another.

The after-party was glorious as well.
May 20, 2017 7:20 PM

Sep 2015
Episode had its ups and downs for me. Wasn't that enthralled by Riri's stage fright. I didn't mind Maki's arc but her musical montage was pretty corny. I also thought the ending scene where they all got drunk was kind of weak and tacked on. I really liked the parts I liked though. Maki's big stunt double scene was pretty cool if maybe anti climactic.

Considering how trite it seemed last time I really liked the conclusion to Shiori's arc. I got a little feels when she was remembering the old lady who used to live in the house. Her resolution with Yoshino was maybe a little too easy. But it was effective nonetheless. And I thought the punchline of the episode was pretty damn funny. So far this show has been pretty cute and harmless. Hope it steps its game up in the coming episodes.
May 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2012

Now that was a cool camera shot.
May 26, 2017 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
I'm glad to see the whole movie shooting come to a successful end and with all the bumps in the road I wasn't sure that was gonna happen but everything resolved itself due to the efforts of everyone working together!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 26, 2017 3:14 AM

May 2016
Is that Michael Bay's film?
May 26, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2017
Episode 7 was great! also, Drunk Shiori in her unkempt hair is sho KEWT ~
May 26, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2010
Whats with Ririko moe, she's so cute

Godammit it took me a while to notice this but Maki really is voiced by Anzai Chika. Dat glorious natural tone is acting goals. I must she's ranking pretty high in my list.

Dat hug was really nice.

Supportive scary dad is one trope I really like.

Yoshino, you precious soul. Gah I love everyone.

"Welcome to Zombie Town."

Ahh I love the OP and ED,,, dammit it took me a while to fall in love with this show.
Jun 1, 2017 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
siiiiiigh....kids oh you ignorant little kids.

If only you knew that the very things you're making fun of her now for are the very things you'll be fapping to her for in 10 years...because that's where her intense sex appeal as best grill comes from.

Jun 2, 2017 5:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The guy went savage mode with Sanae, spanking her butt xD
I give him props, he's well on his way to being a playa. I liked how they focused on Maki who imo is quite interesting.

Really gotta appreciate Yoshino's kind gesture towards Shinomiya, she's really settling down into the town.

Jun 15, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2009
Maki was so adorable as a child, and her dad was her 1st fan!
Jul 8, 2017 12:33 PM
Mar 2012
this ep was full of hilarious.
Maki growing out of denial, helping the crew. Wonderful insert, thought it almost'd turn into a karaoke scene.
Riri growing in acting & moe.
Weird fashion with polka dot shirt and yellow checkered shirt.
Shiori new hair & pajamas
Aug 18, 2017 2:24 AM

Jun 2016
Poor Riri. Being forced to act. Hihi. She's such a cutie being shy and nervous; it's the first time seeing her like that. Hehe. Glad Maki-chan is there to save the day. :)

The kids are so annoying and this episode pretty much showed why I despise kids. Hahaha.

Shiori should wear her hair down like that in the last scene. It makes her more beautiful.

Loved this episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 19, 2017 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
I got pretty discouraged with drama caused by characters having some weird problems, but it turned out really nice.
Oct 31, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely wrap I must say, quite liked that ending scene! Let's see what's next.
Nov 5, 2017 4:03 PM

Sep 2016
man that celebratory drinking scene cracked me up, especially the end lmao

man i love this show

especially with the dub, which is perfect
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Nov 18, 2017 5:58 AM

Apr 2011
Can't be helped, the pervy kids noticed Sanae's big butt. She got a nice body.
Nov 30, 2017 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
-riri is such a qt
-it's been so long since i last watched a sakura quest episode that i actually forgot it had been revealed that shiori used to live in the house they would be demolishing
-wait so the old lady wasn't even blood related
-yoshino hitting hard and fast with these questions
-that little raindrop streak made it look like koharu's reflection was crying
-these kids are fuckin vicious dude, perfect to fit the role of zombies
-maki's advice to riri was surprisingly heartfelt
-from that montage my favorite one was probably her just staring at a tree and imitating it
-wait is moe gonna literally fuckin die
-yoshino's note for the special acknowledgement was pretty adorable
-shiori's fuckin wasted already

It's been like 6 months since I've seen an episode of Sakura Quest but I can probably safely say that this arc had a lot more memorable moments than the woodworking arc. The character focus on three (maybe even 4) of the main girls is probably what made this arc seem more enjoyable than the woodworking art, where Sanae was pretty much the only one with any significant development. I also just don't like Sanae, but Maki, Riri, and Yoshino all seem pretty decent as a result of the focus on them in this arc. I can't really exactly put my finger on why Maki seems decent to me, but it probably has something to do with how she gave up on her dream once and is entertaining the idea of picking it up again or something. It's also probably because of her whole big-sister dynamic with Riri that was explored more in this episode. I also can't really pinpoint exactly why Riri appeals to me, especially because I don't usually like the token shy girl, but she's just super adorable. Yoshino is probably the character I like the most out of the main 5 because she doesn't take shit from anyone and gets stuff done. She also does some pretty heartfelt things for her ministers. In any case this episode sufficiently rekindled my desire to continue watching the show.
Jan 6, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
Ririko slowly escaping after that was hilarious lol

Kenchiin said:
Those kids really did that!?

Damn.

easy to read their future, future perverts lol
Mar 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
What a great episode! I'm glad everything worked out for all of them. I especially liked Yoshino's idea to put the old woman into the credits, and the scene with Maki hugging Yoshino :)

Poor Riri had a hard time with her scene. I wouldn't have guessed that she would try to step in, but I'm happy Maki didn't take her place and she could finish that small scene.
Also, Riri slowly walking out of the school gym while protecting her butt was pretty funny :'D
May 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Jan 2011
Wish I was in place of that kid and could give Sanae a spanking.
Mar 23, 2020 3:30 PM
May 2018
this episode just made me really happy. that's all.
Apr 26, 2020 1:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Such a wholesome episode! I’m really loving this show so far.

Ririka-chan nailing the act with some gold advice was so sweet. That’s an professional actress for you, I suppose.

Quite the lovely insert song for Maki-san during her soul-searching moment, I totally didn’t expect that for some reason lol.

And xD, those naughty kids. What a spank that was though, lol. Ririka in guard mode in the background was hilarious.

And finally, Maki-san with the crucial act! I feared things might go bad with one of the sparks catching her attention but thankfully there was none of that. Good job, Vice Principal and brother Midorikawa!

Loved that bit with the 3rd Director revealing the Queen’s little send-off to the house! It’s so nice to see these five being so considerate to each other, really feels like a wonder team. After party scene was just the perfect dessert in this respect! Drunk Shiori-chan though, so adorable ~

Looks like they’ve got some misunderstanding in the process though, lol.

Definitely looking forward to more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 21, 2020 12:35 AM
Dec 2017
This show really is so good. I was a little dubious coming in on whether of not i would enjoy it but its actually really great and this episode proved it. The character development for all of the main cast is fantastic with it not feeling forced like it does in some other shows but it feels really natural and honestly makes me love these characters even more. Also want to give a shoutout to P.A. Works for how lively they made the characters feel, small things like how the main cast all had different clothes and hairstyles at the end of the episode.
Dec 16, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2016
A really nice ending and Makki chan got her screen time to shine like a star.
That house and letter made me tear up a bit, probably best episode we have seen so
far. 5/5
Mar 28, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2020
A heartwarming episode. That hug scene was so adorable.

I'm glad Maki is back to acting again.

SerafosMar 2, 6:33 AM
Aug 5, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2018
emotional and funny. great close to the last couple of episodes
Sep 11, 2023 9:51 PM

Oct 2022
Ah, what a wholesome episode. Again, the theme of past and present are shown with Maki's past wanting to be an actress and Shiori's past with the kind old lady. Glad that both of them could come terms with it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.