Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome, from the colorful action to the feuding.

And it doesn't look like that Pirate Girl is anywhere from letting this rivalry go. Same with her opponent. Not only that but we also get some mecha...yes MECHA. Pretty busy episode overall though with multiple events coming together.
Mar 21, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
Both being Momo's mothers. Playing the demon to save others, a little cliche but, I swear, being cliche yet not cliche is what makes Rolling Girls so fun.

The two relying on Yukina to find the right way, I'm quite surprised Yukina even got what she needed to be done over there.

The guy being also an alien, the branch family not giving up. Giant robots!!! I miss any of that sort from episode 1.

I expected more from Shigyou and Ma-chan, but oh well. lol

The final episode will surely go with a blast!
Mar 21, 2015 11:56 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kukino is Momo's real mother? That was quite a nice twist! The tax-collector guy justified why she has been assuming to be evil. Indeed a cliched trope, but not bad at all.

Pretty funny how Shigyo and Ma-chan got owned so easily because they couldn't press the button on time. Even afterwards, it proved to be futile. XD

Yukina and the two are so lost! But I have a feeling she'll end up meeting Nozomi and the crews soon.

Shima's assistant having a flashback about the space accident was interesting. I think it's hinting the possibility that he's the professor Misono managed to save at the last moment.

Decent episode. Hoping the finale to tie up all the loose ends properly.

Mar 21, 2015 12:13 PM
Mar 2014
Not too good, but at least it seems this show will be getting a proper ending.
Mar 21, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2012
I have no words to describe how much this episode bored me. I have no idea what the point of anything is and the story seems like it was made up as it went. This really is Rock-A-Doodle all over again.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 21, 2015 12:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed seeing all the battles....They were animated pretty well imo

Didn't expect to find out that the demon lady was the real mother of Momo though...I found it to be pretty sweet how both of the ladies reconciled over the fact that their daughter grew up to be a strong girl with qualities from both of them :'')

I dunno how I didn't realize it but the Pirate lady's assistant is that scientist from the flashback with Chiaya......That is very interesting. But one thing that confused me was that I'm not sure whether or not The Presiden lady is Chiaya's biological mom or not....They look alike and everything so that can't be a coincidence right?

I hope that the finale can wrap up everything properly.....Dat mecha tho lol
Mar 21, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2010
The chaos is making sense now.
And things are looking nice i wonder what will happen next week.

I wonder if Yukina will be able to find the way in time now.
Mar 21, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
I still don't know whats going on.
Mar 21, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Well, the art is just amazing,
But story... Not that much.
Obviously I won't drop it, because the last episode is next week, but I find know how to rate it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 21, 2015 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Kukino is Momo's real mom.

Shima's assistant is probably the professor who was from the spaceship incident.
Mar 21, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
what a crazy episode HOW IS THERE ONLY 1 LEFT!!!! TELL ME NOW U SOB
[/quote]
Mar 21, 2015 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
Right, foreshallow the robot after you introduced it, great writing there. And I hope you disappointed at the resolution of Momo's plot, cause that's not important compare to the mess we have here, streamlining story towards the end, pfff, only bad writer do that.

How does it possible to get even worser and worser near the end, the animation, the sound, camera angle, repetitive shots and basically everything. At least it fits the impression of being one of the leftovers from WIT studio, we all know it is busy preparing for the spring season, and it's not like the show is anything spectacular from the start, it's just some fanfic made by the fans of some band and different locations in Japan that way the production team has an excuse to take a "vacation" or trip, you know, for work.

So many poorly executed plot twists and unnecessary plot threads introduced at the same time. It's like watching one big annoying commercial that does nothing to impress you but still think it's hotshit. It takes certain talents to write a story that has and only has a strong sense of flow. Go learn a few things from Space Dandy. And oh yeah, we have Punchline in April, thank you anime industry for puking out so many disappointing original anime, invest on something that's worthwhile for once, and takes original anime to a whole new low level.
raveninthemuddleMar 21, 2015 7:00 PM
Mar 21, 2015 9:31 PM

Feb 2014
If you guys did not notice, Ai took Momo's stone away, but Momo is still wearing it.
Mar 22, 2015 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
Ah, the Japanese dubbed voice of Shima Ishizukuri is that of Tsunade from "Naruto". No wonder it sounded so familiar.

ThreePointer said:
I still don't know whats going on.

The show has finally gotten to a point where no one can keep track of all the branch and family relations with regards to all these side characters as well as the groups each of them are affiliated with. Of course, this is all in addition to the randomness that barely counts as a plot.

The entire audience of this show might as well be lost.

tetrix1993 said:
If you guys did not notice, Ai took Momo's stone away, but Momo is still wearing it.

No kidding. Unless it is explained, there were quite a few art discrepancies and animation errors in general.
Mar 22, 2015 12:58 AM

Jul 2014
know bout 30% of the plot but i still really like watching this anime
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 22, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
It's the first time I've regretted not dropping the series so much. I was lured by colourful backgrounds and waited patiently for the return of the cool ladies from the episode one (Matcha Green and her rival, I don't remember the name), and instead I had to watch the travel of these useless moe dimwits, I mean protagonists, and the cliched slice of life story of the week. I like the art but the rest is simply terrible.
Mar 22, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2014
Awesome episode with lots of action and in the end we even get a mecha! Next week is the final, hope it´ll be a blast.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Mar 22, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
I think the false start at the beginning of the series had me believing that this was going to be some kind of KLK style hyper-action show with shonen narrative.

Glad it hasn't exactly turned out that way, and in fact is something quite the opposite. But I can see why most people are pissed (not sure why confused though) xD
Mar 22, 2015 1:55 PM
May 2013
What was Ura trying to accomplish by pretending to be a villain? I also can't follow the conversation between kaguya and captain of the demons. can someone explain to me the context behind that?
Mar 22, 2015 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
ramenshojo said:
I think the false start at the beginning of the series had me believing that this was going to be some kind of KLK style hyper-action show with shonen narrative.

Glad it hasn't exactly turned out that way, and in fact is something quite the opposite. But I can see why most people are pissed (not sure why confused though) xD

I think more of us are upset at the dreadful story.
Mar 22, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
There are so many things going on in this show but it still manages to be completely uninteresting. The plot meanders around too much, and so many random stories are introduced only to be brushed aside, usually half-baked, for the next one. And don't get me started on the characters.

I think the only reason I'm watching at this point is for the pretty background art.
Mar 22, 2015 7:08 PM
Oct 2012
StevenHu said:
tetrix1993 said:

No kidding. Unless it is explained, there were quite a few art discrepancies and animation errors in general.

Actually it was. When Ura first looked at Momo during that scene she was to the side fighting, as such she could only see the profile of Momo which did not have the gem.

Then the came angle changed showing Momo from the top, the only time Ura had seen Momo from that angle was from before the fight began, when Momo still had the stone. That this was memory was shown by the jerky camera shot they used both for these two shots but also when Ure remembered back when she sent Momo floating down the river as a child.

parabolloyd said:
What was Ura trying to accomplish by pretending to be a villain?

Part of it was an in joke with Japanese mythology (the Momotaro story of a child born of a peach who slays demons occurs in Okayama), but primarily because Hiroshima was threatening Okayama from the west, in order to protect Okayama from being invaded Ura both paid Hiroshima off (the taxes) and also acted the role of a demon and destroyed anyone who tried to attack Okayama. If they knew she had a child they would have used it against her. She had to walk the line between appeasing Hiroshima enough and being strong enough that Hiroshima didn't see the worth in trying to take Okayama.

I also can't follow the conversation between kaguya and captain of the demons. can someone explain to me the context behind that?[/quote]
Takuan_SohoMar 22, 2015 7:52 PM
Mar 22, 2015 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
I'm a little lost at the family relations they are throwing around. But I love most everything about this show. The fighting is rare, but when its done its BEAUTIFUL.

I feel like this was 2 episodes in one as well. Ai-chan leveled up it seems too.

I have a theory about those stones. but im not quite sure how close i am.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 22, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2009
Another amazing episode. Insert song was beautiful again, can't wait for the soundtracks!

I don't understand why many have trouble following the plot, it's pretty straightforward, I think?

So, for the last episode, please, pleeeease let it end with "Linda Linda". That would be PERFECT :-D
Mar 23, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2013
Now we get a mecha - Daimon. Seriously though, this has utterly become so random excluding the beautiful colors, which I think is nice.
Mar 23, 2015 5:21 AM

Feb 2012
mrmuk said:

I don't understand why many have trouble following the plot, it's pretty straightforward, I think?

That's pretty much the problem. The plot lacks flavor despite everything going on, and the story is nonexistent. The fight scenes, animation, and music do nothing for me because I don't understand the context for them. Looking cool isn't enough.
Mar 23, 2015 8:04 PM

Oct 2011
I guess Tsunade wanted the mecha and despised her branched family.
Mar 24, 2015 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
I love shows like this that are mainly episodic and just meander around doing their thing with very little rime or reason. It's a shame more shows like this are not made. The art and warm characters carry the show for me and I don't feel like I need a complicated plot or any other reason to watch it. In fact, giving it that would take away from the charm in my opinion.
Mar 24, 2015 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Flawfinder said:
mrmuk said:

That's pretty much the problem. The plot lacks flavor despite everything going on, and the story is nonexistent. The fight scenes, animation, and music do nothing for me because I don't understand the context for them. Looking cool isn't enough.
How is the story non-existent? You might say the story is boring/not-interesting and that's fine, since it's an opinion. But saying the story is non-existent is just nonsense.
-
People complain about understanding the plot because they try to find hidden meanings. Enjoy (or not) the story from what is presented or don't complain about convolution when themselves are the source of it. The story as presented from face value is clear and straightforward, specially in the recent eps that we finally got some more pieces surrounding the stones, Chiaya and the iseijin.
Mar 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
ReasonDesu said:
I love shows like this that are mainly episodic and just meander around doing their thing with very little rime or reason. It's a shame more shows like this are not made. The art and warm characters carry the show for me and I don't feel like I need a complicated plot or any other reason to watch it. In fact, giving it that would take away from the charm in my opinion.

I feel exactly the same way my friend. With all the criticism this show is getting it's nice to find someone who shares the love.

*brofist
Mar 26, 2015 6:30 AM

Feb 2012
VirtualStar said:
Flawfinder said:

How is the story non-existent? You might say the story is boring/not-interesting and that's fine, since it's an opinion. But saying the story is non-existent is just nonsense.
-
People complain about understanding the plot because they try to find hidden meanings. Enjoy (or not) the story from what is presented or don't complain about convolution when themselves are the source of it. The story as presented from face value is clear and straightforward, specially in the recent eps that we finally got some more pieces surrounding the stones, Chiaya and the iseijin.

You can't seriously expect me to believe those pieces form a story, do you? That's a plot (and a bad one at best). Not a story.
Apr 1, 2015 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty interesting mothers. I like how different they are, personality wise and all. Very cool stuff.
Apr 2, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Narratively the story succeeds in this penultimate episode to be interesting, although I doubt that one episode is little to close the circle; who knows, we see how terminates. Not bad the scenery very colorful, but the drawings could be better than they were.
Apr 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode really liked it. So far the show has been good. Artwork is top notch and the comedy is decent. It's colorful and the fights are very well animated.
Apr 14, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2012
Intense episode! I really wonder what the last episode will offer us!
Apr 16, 2015 8:53 PM

Jan 2012
I was admittedly pretty lost during this, definitely shouldn't have held off watching for so long, but oh well. It was still very pretty to look at anyway, and hopefully our finale will be too!
Apr 18, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
Boy we're just forgetting what's happening every half a minute aren't we.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.