Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Rui in action? Nice. Poor Puppy and Sakura as well ;.;

Well, it's about damn time Masaomi finally took action.
Dec 22, 2012 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
Lost again? And wow, devil wing for Saiga-san's character.

Code 01 also had two kids with him!! And she's like his father. Just as Code 01 is said, Sakurakouji is useless if she's just saying justice and all that. 02 "betrayed" 01 (used others to stop the bomb)?!

So, for 01, the Innocent people are also guilty for not knowing what Code:Breakers did. Wow, even stronger fire from Nobu's character?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2012 7:19 PM
Apr 2012
Yes...that's what Rui's shadow is supposed to be like.

...And...Satan Blaze...? Now that I think of it, we actually never saw that in the manga (the manga just have Ogami's whole arm transform into flame, I think), but...at least that's good. Got to love the English though...:3

But they sure hasten Nenene's thing. Now we already know that she's also a C:B...used to, be a C:B.
Dec 23, 2012 9:51 AM
Jul 2010
The Good:

- The animation was good.

- Yukihina fighting Rui. Rui is lackluster as usual but Yukihina is "cool". haha

The Bad:

- The fight with Hitomi continues but unlike in the manga, the fight in the anime doesn't showcase how clever Code 01 is.

The Ugly:

- What happened to Aoba, Momiji and Tsubomi? It isn't shown at all...!!

- Rui enshrouds the entire Tokyo tower in her shadow power. When she fought Heike she wasn't strong enough to deal with him pull the car out of harms way, but here she is strong enough to do this? Also, wouldn't people notice that the tower is suddenly engulfed in a black mass?

- She jumps into the tower on a motorbike. Cool scene, much better done than Milla did it in Resident Evil 2... only... are they on the bottom floor or something? If not, from where did she jump?
YavieDec 29, 2012 2:27 PM
Dec 24, 2012 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
where did you guys watch this ?
Dec 24, 2012 8:28 AM
Apr 2012
Morridine said:
where did you guys watch this ?

...Google? Some anime streaming sites that host raws as well already have both episodes out though. -.-"
Dec 26, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2008
If Ogami has to wear a ring to suppress his true power, then looks to me like he should be the next #01. I don't recall any of the other Code: Breakers needing to have something to suppress their powers.

And BTW, that Prime Minister is an ASS!! I hope he gets what he deserves and then some in the last episode.

Oh, and Heike, you've redeemed yourself and I've fallen in love with you all over again!
Hannah_AnaDec 26, 2012 11:00 AM
Dec 26, 2012 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting episode, but Sakura is seriously getting on my nerves with "Hitomi-senpai-dono!" and her circular logic argument that gets her nowhere. Ogami's suppressed power feels like it came out of the blue too (unless I missed something earlier in the series).

I can't wait for ep 13 to get subbed though, interested to see the conclusion.
Dec 26, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2012
That was completely predictable, nothing new. I was pretty much bored throughout this episode.
Dec 26, 2012 3:26 PM

Aug 2012
So, did Toki not know Heike was working both sides until after their fight? Also, i like how there was no resolution to that fight.
Dec 26, 2012 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Heike's approval of Ogami was totally not creepy. Ogami's voice-echoing was the best part.

Dec 26, 2012 6:42 PM
Sep 2012
I liked this episode. Sakura constantly referring to Hitomi as"Hitomi-senpai-dono!" was a bit annoying seeing as they're enemies, but I thought that Sakura wasn't as annoying as in previous episodes. Ogami coming back stronger than before was a bit out of nowhere though.
Dec 26, 2012 6:59 PM

Dec 2011
Drazard said:
Heike's approval of Ogami was totally not creepy. Ogami's voice-echoing was the best part.

that stance...

and yeah... the english version of what he was saying in the background.. made him seem very powerfeul and fearful.... haha yeah heike's approval :P
Dec 26, 2012 8:11 PM

Dec 2009
Eksta said:
That was completely predictable, nothing new. I was pretty much bored throughout this episode.

Yeah pretty much. How many times is Hitomi gonna squeeze her neck before she dies? I don't see how Toki's reasoning made any sense, Hitomi's never has, and the other code breakers are as dense as rocks. Oh also, where the hell did Oogami's sudden powerup come from? That was pretty convenient after none of the other code breakers could even touch Hitomi...

I'm expecting some happy ending next episode where somehow the city is saved and the code breakers are free of Eden, and everyone lives happily ever after... I'm very unsatisfied with this anime story and characters.
Dec 26, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
Sakura is as annoying as always. Would be happy if Hitomi beat the hell outta her.

Dec 27, 2012 12:46 AM
Dec 2012
Ogami... What power does he hide ? :P

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Dec 27, 2012 4:56 AM

May 2010
I still believe that that dog is more helpful than sakura...
Dec 27, 2012 5:13 AM

Nov 2012
Apparently people getting blown up in the background must not have been that big a deal if taking off a ring was all he had to do to power up. At least they could have done something really cool, like have Hitomi kill Sakura and this causes Ogami to snap and release his true power. Lame.

Seriously though, Puppy is by far the star of this show.
Dec 27, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was so damn cheesy. Too many damn speeches. I like Hitomi but he will die since he killed innocents. Hitomi is suppose to be smart but why didnt he kill that annoying bitch 1st. When he found out her powers he should had go ta gun and shot her. lol

People who read the manga is it this cheesy?
Dec 27, 2012 3:49 PM

Jan 2012
^ Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese every now and again.
Dec 27, 2012 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
So Ogami released his true power. Can't wait for last episode.

Dec 27, 2012 10:41 PM

Oct 2010
NateXsama said:
^ Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese every now and again.

True but it was way 2 cheesy. Im debating on reading the manga. I'm not sure yet i really cant tolerate Sakura.
Dec 27, 2012 10:48 PM

Dec 2011
Finally Ogami is using the full potential of his flame.
That'll be badass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2012 2:03 AM

Feb 2011
I loved those shadow powers ... and Oogami has been a boss at the end of the ep .
Dec 28, 2012 7:28 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, Heiki isn't a traitor after all, he just pretended to be one in order to get into Ace's plan, deceive your friends first before you deceive your enemies, one of Sun Tzu's philosophies.
Dec 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
Nice episode, one of the best eps so far for this series IMO^^ But..

I thought Sakura was going to have a way more important role than this.. >.< Kyaa!

It's official that Heike was actually doing all that to exploit Hitomi's plans. Nice^^

Next episode is the last but Sakura hasn't done anything that big yet!

Well, hoping the next and last episode is going to be good!^^

Edit: Alright, so after watching the preview of the next episode, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen. Sakura saying "Farwell, Ogami" leads me to think that either Ogami's gonna do something epic or Sakura is. *I am hoping that it's Sakura; she hasn't done anything that big yet >.<*
Dec 28, 2012 3:12 PM

Oct 2010
ep12&13 still not subbed on the 720p version -.-
Dec 28, 2012 8:48 PM
Apr 2012
xriceball26 said:
Nice episode, one of the best eps so far for this series IMO^^ But..

I thought Sakura was going to have a way more important role than this.. >.< Kyaa!

It's official that Heike was actually doing all that to exploit Hitomi's plans. Nice^^

Next episode is the last but Sakura hasn't done anything that big yet!

Well, hoping the next and last episode is going to be good!^^

Edit: Alright, so after watching the preview of the next episode, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen. Sakura saying "Farwell, Ogami" leads me to think that either Ogami's gonna do something epic or Sakura is. *I am hoping that it's Sakura; she hasn't done anything that big yet >.<*

Well, unfortunately, if you really want to root for Sakura so much, you'll have to wait until this anime has the third season though...if it ever get the second season. Sakura had pretty much been a add-on ranty bystander until much later. Going by this pattern of having one big arc per season, it should be somewhere in the middle of the third season which she really does become something...It's actually only from the third arc on that we learn more about her and Ogami's past, her true power (which can easily make her the most powerful character in this arc really...If she ever uses it, even Hitomi won't stand a chance against her) and just how incredible she can be if only she doesn't deny killing so badly. That's where people start to like her more, so...-_-"
Dec 29, 2012 2:34 PM
Jul 2010
Ju-da-su said:
Well, unfortunately, if you really want to root for Sakura so much, you'll have to wait until this anime has the third season though...if it ever get the second season. Sakura had pretty much been a add-on ranty bystander until much later. Going by this pattern of having one big arc per season, it should be somewhere in the middle of the third season which she really does become something...It's actually only from the third arc on that we learn more about her and Ogami's past, her true power (which can easily make her the most powerful character in this arc really...If she ever uses it, even Hitomi won't stand a chance against her) and just how incredible she can be if only she doesn't deny killing so badly. That's where people start to like her more, so...-_-"
Arguably Sakura was a lot more likeable and important at the start of the manga, while she got relegated to narrator status in the later chapters. Since Sakura has been a lot more pointless in the anime, I can only imagine what her role would be in future seasons. Then again, there were ALOT of things in the manga that were badly paced and plots that were wasted in favor of making Ogami look cool 24/7. The anime if anything have already ruined several of the more important scenes in favor of introducing the Code:Numbers and rushing the story, but maybe... just MAYBE there is a chance that they will make better use of some of the plot elements that were wasted in the manga.
Dec 29, 2012 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
Cliches, there's too many of them.
Dec 29, 2012 6:15 PM

Aug 2011
05 wrapping the tower in shadow was damn cool and so was her entrance on the bike.

So I guess Ogami has awakened his true power and has gone from 06 to probably near Hitomi's level. I wonder where he's been hiding that. A lot of drama, a lot of cheese in this ep.
Jan 1, 2013 10:50 AM
Feb 2012
Now look at that, episode #12 managed to actually entertain me. That task was mainly accomplished by the seiyuu and visuals but still. Colour me surprised.

Now to see how this ends.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 2, 2013 3:29 AM
Jun 2009
I'm tired of hearing the same things over and over again. -_-''
Jan 2, 2013 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
I have to read the manga when i get time because i don't believe it's shitty like the anime counterpart.
Jan 4, 2013 4:50 PM
Dec 2012
Don't know how they could go back to being lapdogs for Eden after all this.
Sakurakouji was strangled the whole episode and kept going back for hugs.
Ogami's ability is said to be one of the best of the Code Breakers. I'm yet to see why. Next episode will finally shed some light on it. :P

Where did the frost guy go? Hitomi is out numbered. Should be a good conclusion, considering his awful plan anyways. 3/5
sosmetalJan 4, 2013 5:26 PM
Jan 10, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
Frost guy was only helping out for money presumably and was paid up until the bombs were supposed to explode--no need to stick around and get your ass kicked after that.

I think I know how it will end.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 11, 2013 5:17 AM

Dec 2010
I don't like where this is going, Hitomi seems to be the one who'll lose, after all this show IS predictable. I wonder if there will be any point in this anime when it ends, at least a lead to Season 2 or something.
Mar 5, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
Dat engrish at the end kinda ruined the moment but still it was pretty bad ass.
Mar 8, 2013 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
So basically Hitomi wants to kill everyone because they don't know that they're being protected by a secret organization of people with special powers? Haha wtf!

The reasoning in this anime is beyond stupid.
Mar 12, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2013
ahmed_great2005 said:

Sep 25, 2013 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:
Yeah because Sakurakouji only said: "Ogami! Ogami! Ogami?" every 30 seconds or so for the first quarter of the episode then it became "Hitomi-sempai-dono you mustn't!, Hitomi-sempai-dono this-and-that" the rest of the episode. Come to think of it, that's all she was saying last episode too! Seriously? O_o Ah, I just broke a promise to myself to ignore Sakurakouji 's existence and just enjoy the episodes till the end. >_< My vote goes to the puppy as well! X-P

Anyway, on to the last episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2011
u2blah said:

Yeah pretty much. How many times is Hitomi gonna squeeze her neck before she dies? I don't see how Toki's reasoning made any sense, Hitomi's never has, and the other code breakers are as dense as rocks. Oh also, where the hell did Oogami's sudden powerup come from? That was pretty convenient after none of the other code breakers could even touch Hitomi...

I'm expecting some happy ending next episode where somehow the city is saved and the code breakers are free of Eden, and everyone lives happily ever after... I'm very unsatisfied with this anime story and characters.

What" You're saying Hitomi never made any sense? Are you fuucking serious? He is like the most relatable one in the whole damn show, among Code Breaker. He witness the downfall of his friends, caused by Eden, who used them for their own good, not actually protecting the weak, and never even get rid of true evil, that's not even good enough of a reason? The people he protected don't even know their existence, when he was at his lowest, agonizing, the people he protected were celebrating Christmas(?) happily with no worry at all. Put yourself in Hitomi's shoes, and tell me that he doesn't make sense at all, again.

So far best character in the anime is Hitomi, Yuuki is close second, and then follow by Toki. I really feel so bad for Toki, his conflicting feelings for his ass dad and his sister.

Heike and Yukihina deserve a honorable mention.

Anyone else is just.. trash.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 13, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2012
I knew that ring was a limiter! But boy hell is loose, things going to be so epic in the next and final episode!
Jan 23, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Oh man when that ring came off...
My Candies:
Jun 2, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
Well Ogami, time to go Super Saiyan on his ass.
Oct 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2010
"Such power" LOL

It's so disappointing how all they're doing is beg Hitomi to stop, can't they do anything better?
Jun 18, 2015 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
Why can't I get a single episode where during a fight no body is yelling their stupid ass morals across the room?! Can you stop interrupting fights, sakura?! LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER. Also their clothes are as powerful as hulk's shorts. Lighting, explosions, doesn't matter that will not rip their clothes.
Oct 8, 2018 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
Is there even a point to Sakura knowing akido. The writers seem to have made the regrettable, and honestly idiotic, decision to completely remove that aspect of her character from the equation in favor of the damsel in distress treatment.

What a shame.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

102 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

222 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2012

163 by AyanAliShah »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.