Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 14, 3:20 AM
Jul 2023
lolmeme69 said:
@Apreggi Yeah, same here. A lot of people are excited and I'm just...not seeing it? The MC is your typical brooding MC, and while Atri is cute, but I'm also not a fan of the lolrandom saccarine-cutesy deredere MPDG types. The childhood friend is in a similar boat. The older lady (forget her name) is cool though.

The episode just feels like a 2010 anime. Which I’m not against, but the plots back then were…. Generic at best
Jul 14, 4:10 AM

Jun 2015
CUTE.

I think i've seen enough anime to know this series will break my heart, im ready for the feels.
Jul 14, 6:46 AM

Jan 2008
Didn't look up anything beforehand and a few minutes in it already felt like your standard visual novel adaption. Plain and somewhat boring male lead character then we're introduced to and find he's surrounded by girls. Top this off with the expected sad past(s) or soon to be told events vibes. Will try a few more episodes cause Atri was cute and the production value seems pretty good but I'm not really feeling anything else from the show.
Jul 14, 6:50 AM
May 2024
Atri is soooooo cute. Anime is really good so far
Kinda like Plastic Memories

Jul 14, 6:52 AM
May 2024
Reply to Aleksu
CUTE.

I think i've seen enough anime to know this series will break my heart, im ready for the feels.
@Aleksu I agree i agree i agree ^^
Jul 14, 7:49 AM

Feb 2008
As Visual novel get adapted to anime usually end up getting trashed. This turn out to be very good. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 14, 9:01 AM

May 2015
Boulder-kun strikes again. This time he took one leg!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 9:25 AM

Aug 2022
Animation and Art look amazing!
Jul 14, 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
Bionically engineered to be the absolute CUTEST, SWEETEST girl!
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Jul 14, 12:25 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Apreggi
lolmeme69 said:
@Apreggi Yeah, same here. A lot of people are excited and I'm just...not seeing it? The MC is your typical brooding MC, and while Atri is cute, but I'm also not a fan of the lolrandom saccarine-cutesy deredere MPDG types. The childhood friend is in a similar boat. The older lady (forget her name) is cool though.

The episode just feels like a 2010 anime. Which I’m not against, but the plots back then were…. Generic at best
@Apreggi My exact thoughts. It's definitely got those early 2010's vibes which is...well, I'm not sure if that was what I was looking for.
A strange fellow from Korea who likes military history, science, and art.
Jul 14, 1:58 PM
Sep 2012
ep 1 was an extremely boring and uninspired mess with the only redeeming quality being a few short but well animated scenes

instant drop, miss me with this
Jul 14, 2:46 PM
Oct 2020
Quality was amazing, definitely lived up to the VN expectations
Jul 14, 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
Decent start, albeit I'm not a fan of "convenient amnesia".

Atri and the ambitious women seem interesting. As for the MC and his obligatory caring childhood-friend, they seem bland and boring.

I couldn't help but cringe at how MC overreacted when Atri awakened. He screamed as if he got jumpscared by a kraken or something! Wtf was that reaction? He sees a robot girl in a capsule and she simply opened and moved her eyes. What's wrong with this dude??? Also, the roof in this house/facility have collapsed over the capsule. Why didn't she wake up sooner (apparently vibration woke her up)?

Anyways, looking forward to more.
Jul 14, 5:06 PM
May 2023
I have a feeling I'm going to hate this show
Jul 14, 5:33 PM

Apr 2021
Very interesting start, she says she forgot her promise, but by the end, I think she finally remembers.

Art and animation were well done.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 14, 6:18 PM

Jul 2022
I liked the quality of the animation, and I can tell I'll probably end up crying as the story progresses. I really enjoyed Atri's personality; despite being a robot, she was by far the best part of the episode. However, I didn't like Natsuki much at first for trying to sell Atri, but I understand it's likely due to past events. I'm eager to see how this story unfolds, as it looks very promising.

Jul 14, 7:29 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to crazyanderewitch
It’s a lot more interesting than I first gave it credit for.
There’s way more lying underneath the main premise and I can’t wait to see how the story unravels- I don’t typically like robot-centered anime, but I’m glad I decided to give this one a shot! Atri is a really cool, and I have a couple guesses why models like her were recalled, though I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.
I’m not a huge fan of Minamo- I’ve got nothing against the innocent/naive girl trope, but for some reason the way she portrays it grates on me 😅

I’m looking forward to the next episode! I love the worldbuilding and can’t wait to see why the seas are rising, what Atri needs to do, and where the story goes!
@crazyanderewitch Hi Old Friend! Well, maybe Global Warming Causing rapid polar ice cap melting? Just a guess though.
Jul 14, 7:31 PM
Feb 2024
Sheol01 said:
@crazyanderewitch Hi Old Friend! Well, maybe Global Warming Causing rapid polar ice cap melting? Just a guess though.

Never expected to see you here 😂
Hi!! That is a good guess, but I do have to wonder if that will play a greater role in the plot than just worldbuilding.
Jul 14, 9:38 PM
Apr 2022
I have been waiting this anime since i play the visual novel
Jul 15, 12:29 AM

Feb 2018
Wow for some reason I had a feeling that Atri would figuratively be Natsuki's leg lol, and she actually says that at the end. This anime is looking pretty good, I wonder how the story will play out (I know basically nothing, just only that there's a visual novel game of this lol).

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 15, 3:16 AM

Apr 2008
The character archetypes are cliche as anything, but I'm a bit nostalgic for this kind of anime.
Jul 15, 3:43 AM

Jan 2024
Robot Loli cute af..
Visually great as well.
Don't even think about selling such a precious thing who saved your life twice.
Jul 15, 6:04 AM
Dec 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Decent start, albeit I'm not a fan of "convenient amnesia".

Atri and the ambitious women seem interesting. As for the MC and his obligatory caring childhood-friend, they seem bland and boring.

I couldn't help but cringe at how MC overreacted when Atri awakened. He screamed as if he got jumpscared by a kraken or something! Wtf was that reaction? He sees a robot girl in a capsule and she simply opened and moved her eyes. What's wrong with this dude??? Also, the roof in this house/facility have collapsed over the capsule. Why didn't she wake up sooner (apparently vibration woke her up)?

Anyways, looking forward to more.

Bruh, how was he supposed to know Atri was going to wake up?
Jul 15, 3:40 PM

Jul 2023
This is promising.

Atri is a loli, and the kiss would have been hot if she was not a humanoid.

The water motif plus the logo reminds me of Aria. I'm not sure if this is iyashikei or romance. If Atri is supposed to change the mc, then perhaps Atri is a Pollyanna type of character.
Jul 15, 3:42 PM

May 2018
OK, at first glance the concept looked fun to me, it could be something in the vein of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou even...maaan, those characters turned out being so cringe and the story so stupid (not to mention even OceanGate cared more for testing their submersibles).

I am very disappointed by this episode and I am dropping the show.
alshuJul 16, 12:27 AM
Jul 15, 3:59 PM
Feb 2021
Can someone tell me why is the rating so low of everyone is loving the show? (I want atri to get at least the rating is 8... :(
Jul 15, 7:36 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to crazyanderewitch
Sheol01 said:

Never expected to see you here 😂
Hi!! That is a good guess, but I do have to wonder if that will play a greater role in the plot than just worldbuilding.
@crazyanderewitch Where else could I go? I tried AniList, but after 3-4 days they started deleting my posts & replies with no reasons being given. Still bummed over you know what over at YOU KNOW WHERE.
I have a feeling we won't see much about the Sea Level Rise after this Episode or the next, with ATRI & the girls taking center stage.
Jul 15, 7:51 PM
Nov 2019
That they release an anime for this visual novel gives me hope that they release one for "Sakura no uta"
Jul 16, 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
I want my own Atri... 😭😭😭
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 16, 8:54 AM
Nov 2022
It doesn't tell me much but it catches my attention...
Jul 16, 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to iamelikin
That they release an anime for this visual novel gives me hope that they release one for "Sakura no uta"
@iamelikin

Hoping this one does well and Ginka gets an anime too. (same writer had a hand in it :D)
Jul 16, 11:17 AM

Feb 2022
Pleasantly surprised with this first episode, granted i never played the vn. Interestingly it's the second robot waifu series i'm watching this season, the other being My Wife has no emotions. Animation is gorgeous, especially the backgrounds, sound design is also good. Really like how they captured the atmosphere. Atri is cute, but i agree that she is a bit too human-like, just feels like lazy writing.
MC solid, tho we don't know too much about him yet.
Now waiting for next ep to air.
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>
Jul 16, 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
Troyca cookin again. My heart's not ready. :3
Jul 16, 1:08 PM
Apr 2017
I liked it, although it seems to be a harem. Unlike most commenters, I like Ikaruga, a lot. I have a soft spot for dramatic boys and he looks a bit like Haru from Free XD.
Atri is a bit annoying, but cute. Nanami is very kind, love such characters. And Catherine is a con, such people are most fun in fiction.
Gonna give it a chance!
Jul 16, 7:24 PM

Sep 2017
Just binged the vn and now can finally watch this, pretty nice adaptation of the opening section, changed things around in a decent way, will have to see if they can do it justice in these 13 eps which is very much possible since it's a relatively short one. Very good vn btw, just an all around solid story, and really nice getting to hear the mc now, straight up exactly as I was picturing it. Here's looking forward and hoping to see "all those dear moments" adapted as beautifully as they were presented in the vn!!
Jul 18, 11:11 PM
Jun 2022
Very Good, Nice animation, Nice Soundtrack
Jul 19, 8:18 PM

Nov 2023
A visual novel adaptation? Awesome.

I liked the first episode; it was good, although I do feel like it's going to turn tragic at some point. I just got that feeling.
Jul 21, 5:29 AM

Jul 2011
wtf with the dude's reactions?
Jul 22, 6:41 AM

May 2018
As someone who played the visual novel for this animation, I am so freakin happy to see this come alive before my very eyes! The visual novel brought me to tears but sometimes I didn't really know or understand what's happening but now I can understand!

So far the animation looks really solid! And I'm really enjoying the voices and the music. It's like a nostalgia come to life in a form of an animation <3
Jul 22, 9:17 AM

Mar 2008
Natsuki sure has some shit he has been through. Actually first time i recall seeing a character actually with an ordinary prosthetic limb that actually leaves them disabled still.

Atri is cute so far
Jul 23, 6:07 PM
Feb 2020
i dont know or care what happened in the episode
this is the best animation i have ever seen
Aug 7, 11:09 PM
Sep 2020
Not bad! A bit slow but I could see potential
Aug 12, 9:30 AM

Aug 2020
Oh, this show is sweet. Just watched the first episode, and I feel like Atri will be a really interesting anime!

Aug 16, 5:08 PM
Apr 2021
Awww I love Atri so much she’s so lovable and cute and she’s SO happy go lucky man I love her twin tail hair style and her eyes are SO pretty the animation really makes her eyes stand out

Idk why but I get the biggest feeling that I’m gonna tear tf up at the end of this show bc Atri might die or maybe Natsuki and her die idk but it’s just a feeling and I’m not too keen on being true man I hope not tho😭

Natsuki is a serious dude but he’s actually a pretty clumsy guy I mean bro freaked out in the submarine and then when he tried to save Atri bros prosthetic leg broke off while trying to dive in the water to save Atri he’s kinda funny in that way ngl💀💀💀

I have no clue why the score for this show this shit feels like it should be at a 7.50 and higher😫

Ik said it but imma say it again Atri is so pretty and cute and I love her loli design it’s so cute so I’m definitely keeping up with this series for her and the story, but that kiss tho…it caught me by surprise and yet I was envious it wasn’t me😫😫😫
Treyv0nAug 16, 5:14 PM
Aug 16, 9:11 PM

Apr 2015
Definitely feels very old, like late 2000s or something.
Aug 20, 3:16 AM
Nov 2018
someone who wishes they'd remake chobits this scratches the itch I feel and more so than the other robomance show this season the art and animation is lovely can't wait to dig in. not expecting anything revolutionary or a masterpiece but should be a fun watch
Aug 26, 4:35 PM

May 2015
You can easily tell this is an adaptation from visual novel. It's so by the book, I thought for a moment this was a work from Jun Maeda.

Looks promising.
Aug 28, 11:28 AM
Aug 2020
beautiful circus performance, the characters are made up of clowns, the story is rubbish and the romance between human and robot disgusts me so much
It's just another children's show with cute little girls clowning around all the time and a male protagonist with some natural mental illness, do you call ''the water level suddenly rose'' sci fi? Couldn't you at least say that climate changes have occurred or something? I don't know, these authors are very stupid, they just want to do fanservice and don't care about story or logic
Aug 30, 2:16 AM

Feb 2016
I find it kinda weird how so many "sad and deep stories about life" made in Japan involve the world being consumed by water lol

This is really good tho.
Atri is really damn cute, but Minamo is 😍❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Sep 22, 12:47 PM
Apr 2020
This one episode felt like a full length masterpiece movie with whole lot of emotions and real world building based on day to day life of the protagonist. It was long but felt short at the same time. Like too good to be true for an anime to be this good in general these days.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jul 20

73 by Ashhk »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

44 by FragmantLemon »»
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 5

105 by BLANKED-KUN »»
Oct 14, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Oct 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Will you sell her?

Ilhan391 - Aug 6

27 by GreenDLight »»
Oct 11, 2:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.