Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Marie Brizard, Courvoiser. I love how this show gives some of their brands a recognition.

Episode featured Yukari and it's the first time I've seen her express so much emotions. Ryuu is very good at reading people so he sympathizes. As for the episode, it had a natural feeling of emotions imo.
May 8, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Hiroaki Hayase, a businessman working for a trading company, grows frustrated with the selfish attitudes of his colleagues.

Seeking solace, he stops by Eden Hall, where he unexpectedly gets into an argument with someone. Meanwhile, as a celebration for Miwa's junior colleague Yukari Higuchi's engagement, it was time to serve up a cocktail.

May 8, 9:42 AM
Jul 2023
Really love the story in this one, even with the bittersweet ending.

The history lessons are top tier once again.
May 8, 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
This was soooo good
Yukari saying that she's getting married was surprising, but we haven't seen private lives of... anyone really, so makes sense. I just hope that the relationship with her partner is good and that was just jumping the gun.
Hayase and Kimishima's relationship is so wholesome though, I wonder if they'll keep it online for now or something. I hope they appear again.
May 8, 10:10 AM
Sep 2015
The bartender doesn't speak the truth, he just speak whatever the customer want to hear.
May 8, 10:15 AM

Mar 2021
I really really loved this episode am glad Yukari didn't rush into marriage as that's never a good thing but I do hope she finds happiness she is so cute.
May 8, 10:23 AM
Oct 2019
This episode is beautiful man, how beautiful, I love you, peaceful anime that gives me peace in my heart, I love you
May 8, 10:27 AM

Aug 2019
The one dude dissing the manager because he is liked by his staff is insane
May 8, 11:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
love and tragedy, romeo and juliet, nice episode!!!
kekeke
May 8, 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
And here I thought after last episode we would be introduced to characters depicting real people, but we're once again shown with cartoon cardboards acompanied by sappy sob music to highlight their hard lives.

Once again, Sasakura and his outdated oversea stories. Does the author think it's the 1950s? Giving away cigars after child birth has stopped being a tradition for more than a couple of decades given the high prices of authentic cuban cigars (not to mention they are technically illegal in the US due to the US embargo in the 60s) not saying it's completely impossible in current days but it's not a national tradition anymore. Also add the vast amount of anti tabacco advertisment and how it kills your lounges. All this BS coming from a doctor that should be quite aware from the tobacco consequences makes it feel even less believeable. Not saying it's completely impossible because I actually have a couple of doctor friends that do admit their duty is incredibly stressful and they are waving the long term damages just to make it thru the week. BUt I certainly didn't get that kind of vibe from this doctor Kimishima.

Likewise it bugs me how incredibly superficial (or should I say lack of detail) Hayase's story is. All we get is that he's taking the hit for a screw up from his underlings, but we get no real details of this story, which makes me incredibly apathetic towards his whole act. We're just thrown in sad sob music and expect to be swayed by half assed stories just because the music is sad and that's a cue for the audience to get the feels.

Going back to Sasakura's verbal diahrrea, now I understand why I dislike him so much. He's like an adult version of Hachiman, but all his takes aren't supposed to be taken as some sort of satire for a chunny character and learning how to grow up, but taken straight out like undeniable words of wisdom in the right moment. He's like a ChatGPT bot telling you what you want to hear without a soul or any depiction of human traits.

Shame the author retconned Yukari's marriage. Guess you need to keep the status quo, and waifus even if they are the most background decor must remain available for the lowest denominator audience.
KimurahMay 8, 11:24 AM
May 8, 12:07 PM

Apr 2021
This always puts me in a comfortable and cozy mood.

They are really doing a good job in each episode.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 8, 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
so he dint care when the guy dint like the cigar smell but when they were both there
"can you move there? the other customers dont like the smell"
and they dint even show the 'other' customers
i feel like this is my first skip midway while i was enjoying it, i got so mad
May 8, 1:21 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A bittersweet ending to Hayase and Kimishima's relationship after a rocky start. Yukari shouldn't rush to get married just because a family member is sick, but I thought it was odd when she announced her weeding because we haven't seen Yukari in a serious relationship yet.
May 8, 1:39 PM
Jul 2019
Hello guys can someone help me out.
There is an Anime out there with the name bartender from the year 2006. it looks pretty similar. Is the new bartender: kami no glass a second season or a new animation?
Thanks a lot for helping out

(It‘s on my PTW list hehe)

Kind regards

Hokage
May 8, 2:01 PM
May 2022
hokage11 said:
There is an Anime out there with the name bartender from the year 2006. it looks pretty similar. Is the new bartender: kami no glass a second season or a new animation?

Kind regards

Hokage

This one is a remake of that show.
May 8, 2:03 PM
Jul 2019
Dan_ALves said:
hokage11 said:

Kind regards

Hokage

This one is a remake of that show.

Thanks a lot! 😊
May 8, 3:35 PM
Jan 2022
people who overthink this classic anime, need not watch.
May 8, 6:07 PM
May 2022
Kimurah said:
And here I thought after last episode we would be introduced to characters depicting real people, but we're once again shown with cartoon cardboards acompanied by sappy sob music to highlight their hard lives.

Once again, Sasakura and his outdated oversea stories. Does the author think it's the 1950s? Giving away cigars after child birth has stopped being a tradition for more than a couple of decades given the high prices of authentic cuban cigars (not to mention they are technically illegal in the US due to the US embargo in the 60s) not saying it's completely impossible in current days but it's not a national tradition anymore. Also add the vast amount of anti tabacco advertisment and how it kills your lounges. All this BS coming from a doctor that should be quite aware from the tobacco consequences makes it feel even less believeable. Not saying it's completely impossible because I actually have a couple of doctor friends that do admit their duty is incredibly stressful and they are waving the long term damages just to make it thru the week. BUt I certainly didn't get that kind of vibe from this doctor Kimishima.

Likewise it bugs me how incredibly superficial (or should I say lack of detail) Hayase's story is. All we get is that he's taking the hit for a screw up from his underlings, but we get no real details of this story, which makes me incredibly apathetic towards his whole act. We're just thrown in sad sob music and expect to be swayed by half assed stories just because the music is sad and that's a cue for the audience to get the feels.

Going back to Sasakura's verbal diahrrea, now I understand why I dislike him so much. He's like an adult version of Hachiman, but all his takes aren't supposed to be taken as some sort of satire for a chunny character and learning how to grow up, but taken straight out like undeniable words of wisdom in the right moment. He's like a ChatGPT bot telling you what you want to hear without a soul or any depiction of human traits.

Shame the author retconned Yukari's marriage. Guess you need to keep the status quo, and waifus even if they are the most background decor must remain available for the lowest denominator audience.

Bro you are only hating and taking the effort to write essays? Nobody who enjoys it will now think its worse because of your essay, just to mention it
May 8, 6:17 PM

Jan 2022
A episode focused on people going to the Edenhall and drinking cocktails ? That's exactly what I'm here for ! There's always a very good vibes witht those, so I'm not complaining. Also focused on love, which is an interesting focus, my man barman can handle every kind of situation it seems, he rocks ! Excited for next episode, especially with a title like that, it may be a good evolution.
I like everything, ok
May 8, 6:28 PM

Jul 2022
This episode was lovely. The story of the businessman and the doctor was heartwarming; they started off on the wrong foot but ended up getting along too well. Unfortunately, it's a story of secondary characters that we might not see again, but I demand confirmation that they end up together in the future and married.

Speaking of being married, it's good that Higuchi called off his wedding since he felt it wasn't the right time. Sasakura was in cupid mode in this episode.
May 8, 6:31 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Mainnus
Really love the story in this one, even with the bittersweet ending.

The history lessons are top tier once again.
@Mainnus Perfectly🍷🍷🍷
May 8, 6:32 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Kimurah

@Kimurah Several nonsense said here, unfortunately your writing is literally a dump of hate and bitterness
May 8, 7:03 PM

Nov 2010
As it seemed kind of unnatural that the pair related to the cigar incident and the girl who was going to marry were placed at the same scene, I checked the source material and I found this episode combined two original episodes into one, and also the former episode consisted of two chapters. namely,
- "smoke of cigars" ch.40-41
- "marriage blue" ch.60
(notes: I don't know the exact English titles for them)
From my view, combining these two episodes produced any synergy at all. Actually, "smoke of cigars" has more detailed background in the source material and even it has a twist at the end of the chapters. Quite questionable direction.
May 8, 7:40 PM

Apr 2022
welp, marriage cancelled i guess.
May 8, 9:21 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Benedito29
@Kimurah Several nonsense said here, unfortunately your writing is literally a dump of hate and bitterness
@Benedito29

Kid, you can barely speak english and your only argument (or more like straight out bitching) on me is that it's non sense and bitter. Typical butthurt strawman from an ignorant that can't put more than 2 english sentences together in order to build up a defense or a retort.

Mizaru_ said:
Bro you are only hating and taking the effort to write essays? Nobody who enjoys it will now think its worse because of your essay, just to mention it

Ah shut up. Bot accounts like yours have no credibility in here. People that call 2 paragraphs an essay shouldn't really be talking in an adult discussion. Maybe you'd be more comfortable with your people whose only reading habits are from cigarrette labels and and booze bottles.
KimurahMay 8, 9:59 PM
May 8, 9:43 PM

Oct 2017
@Kimurah I appreciate your posts because you seem to be the only one who recognizes all the silliness and calls it out.
May 8, 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
@NathanialGibbs Yeah, same here. I really tried to like this show but it's getting more ridiculous and it doesn't help that the characters lack depth and fail to make you connect to them emotionally because their stories and struggles are told in such superficial way.
May 8, 10:03 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to NathanielGibbs
@Kimurah I appreciate your posts because you seem to be the only one who recognizes all the silliness and calls it out.
@NathanielGibbs Me too lol, I'm not even watching this remake, but I still visit these threads just to read his great posts shitting on this clown anime. The original was the same.
May 8, 11:18 PM
Aug 2022
My favourite episode yet, this episode felt the most mature and profound yet, loved it!

May 9, 2:52 AM
May 2022
Kimurah said:
@Benedito29

Kid, you can barely speak english and your only argument (or more like straight out bitching) on me is that it's non sense and bitter. Typical butthurt strawman from an ignorant that can't put more than 2 english sentences together in order to build up a defense or a retort.

Mizaru_ said:

Ah shut up. Bot accounts like yours have no credibility in here. People that call 2 paragraphs an essay shouldn't really be talking in an adult discussion. Maybe you'd be more comfortable with your people whose only reading habits are from cigarrette labels and and booze bottles.

Bro I didn't even say sth against you, I just mentioned that the effort might not be worth it. If you dont enjoy it, be it but I dont understand the effort to hate so much which will lead to nothing 😭
May 9, 4:20 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Kimurah
@Benedito29

Mizaru_ said:

@Kimurah My official language is not English haha

Ignorant? Spare me. I don't even drink, much less smoke. I just wrote the kind of comments typical of a bitter person like you should receive.💀
May 9, 5:12 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Embient
This was soooo good
Yukari saying that she's getting married was surprising, but we haven't seen private lives of... anyone really, so makes sense. I just hope that the relationship with her partner is good and that was just jumping the gun.
Hayase and Kimishima's relationship is so wholesome though, I wonder if they'll keep it online for now or something. I hope they appear again.
@Embient I hope so too. It was so sweet.
May 9, 5:48 AM
Feb 2015
Cupid bartender episode, with the Romeo and juliet as reference, i know this is coming.
May 9, 11:30 AM
Nov 2023
I love the details of this episode. Cigars with the name Romeo and Juliet make Hayase and Rumi fall in love. Meanwhile Yukari drinks an "Alexander" cocktail deciding not to cancel the wedding.
May 9, 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
Benedito29 said:
I just wrote the kind of comments typical of a bitter person like you should receive.💀

Oh wow good for you. Have you tried joining the justice department? I bet a "rightgeous" guy like you that knows how to deal with infidels like me that defile the name of good anime should fit in a place with power. /s

If you want to really debate any of my points already posted on this episode let me know. Otherwise your salty reply is exactly that, a salty empty reply.
May 9, 5:47 PM
Feb 2023
I thought this would be an anime to glorify alcohol. it turned out to be a masterclass about empathy
May 9, 6:30 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Kimurah
Benedito29 said:
I just wrote the kind of comments typical of a bitter person like you should receive.💀

Oh wow good for you. Have you tried joining the justice department? I bet a "rightgeous" guy like you that knows how to deal with infidels like me that defile the name of good anime should fit in a place with power. /s

If you want to really debate any of my points already posted on this episode let me know. Otherwise your salty reply is exactly that, a salty empty reply.
@Kimurah Empty? If it's something empty, there's no need for you to debate me through answers, if you bothered to answer it's because it's not necessarily empty😉

I'm not fair, as I said before "spare me", your childlike attitude is horrible, honestly. But entering the world of law isn't my strong point, it's more for grumpy people like you :(
Benedito29May 9, 6:33 PM
May 9, 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
that bars are always empty and he says some customers don't like smoke? what customers they were only 2 of them :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 9, 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
I forgot to tell you something. The comics by the same artist has temporarily revived to celebrate the anime adaptation. 5 new episodes will be released. new episode 1 has been released already.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/571664
May 9, 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
Benedito29 said:
Empty? If it's something empty, there's no need for you to debate me through answers, if you bothered to answer it's because it's not necessarily empty😉

This is some 5 year old logic. "You're replying to me because I'm saying something substancial, not an empty reply" No kid, I'm replying to call out your bullshit and cheap use of strewmen that completely ignores my original post. Your cheap replies are a coward and an ignorant way out of a debate.

Benedito29 said:
I'm not fair, as I said before "spare me", your childlike attitude is horrible

You're barking at me for not seeing this show with the same beer goggles you're wearing while playing this "No U" kind of reply game. Kid, you're the child in a discussion you can't even keep up with basic proper english. You should be in school learning english 101 rather than yapping in a discussion board.
KimurahMay 9, 8:31 PM
May 9, 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
Very sweet, or maybe bittersweet, episode.
Very chill and relaxing except for when Hayase and Kimishima were arguing. Both being as stubborn as the other.
When Kimishima's guard came down she was certainly a sweety for Hayase to fall for.

But why when they were in the background with their cigars were they just sitting there and staring? It felt a little weird XD.

May 10, 3:05 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Angry_By_Default
so he dint care when the guy dint like the cigar smell but when they were both there
"can you move there? the other customers dont like the smell"
and they dint even show the 'other' customers
i feel like this is my first skip midway while i was enjoying it, i got so mad
@Angry_By_Default @Thyriad-oPPailov He simply hinted that they needed a more intimate place, since they were on the way to amorous chirping while smoking cigars.

@Benedito29 Don't pay any attention to them. They are the kind of people who truly hate the show but still continue to watch it and complain about every little thing. Or vice versa, don't watch it, but come here only to like negative comments, the wisdom of which they can't verify because they don't watch the show, lmao. It's just hate for hate's sake.
RobertBobertMay 10, 3:09 AM
May 10, 3:27 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Angry_By_Default @Thyriad-oPPailov He simply hinted that they needed a more intimate place, since they were on the way to amorous chirping while smoking cigars.

@Benedito29 Don't pay any attention to them. They are the kind of people who truly hate the show but still continue to watch it and complain about every little thing. Or vice versa, don't watch it, but come here only to like negative comments, the wisdom of which they can't verify because they don't watch the show, lmao. It's just hate for hate's sake.
@RobertBobert Exactly, I'm not going to give the crazy person a stage, I'm not going to waste my time answering him anymore, especially because the only thing that comes from his comments are hatred and bitterness from an internet "sealer".
May 10, 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
RobertBobert said:
@Benedito29 Don't pay any attention to them. They are the kind of people who truly hate the show but still continue to watch it and complain about every little thing. Or vice versa, don't watch it, but come here only to like negative comments, the wisdom of which they can't verify because they don't watch the show, lmao.

For starters, "hate" is quite a strong word and you're again making huge assumptions from an already biased perception of my persona because you have a personal beef on me (you're still even gossiping on me behind my back)

Secondly. What makes you or any other people watching a show so special that only people that like the show are allowed to share their thoughts about it? People who dislike a certain show should also be allowed to post their thoughts too without being scorned or interrogated "why are you still watching"? by rabid fans. Also it's not like I'm throwing slander on the series, most of my critique is backed and no one has dared to actually refute and rather they use cheap strawmen, or in your personal case really outlandish excuses of "anything is possible" that solves literally ANY writing and execution flaws from the expectator side, rather than expect the author to do their due writing job.

RobertBobert said:
It's just hate for hate's sake.

But fans can love a show for the sake of loving it without being scorned by others. Rules for the thee but not for me?
KimurahMay 10, 12:55 PM
May 11, 12:29 AM

Feb 2016
A pleasant slice of life. I always feel relaxed after a Bartender episode.
May 11, 1:28 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't vibe with either story.
The cigar thing was a far too childish from Hayase's perspective, I don't see how the lady would warm up to him and even apologise because I wouldn't.
The marriage bit just kind of happened. Feels a bit silly that she just calls it off that way, also all we know about her granny is through a few lines from her so it's difficult to feel much either way about her
May 11, 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
Thus far, I've liked how this show has been going on. At first, I thought it was going to be one stable bartender serving non-related customers (i.e., no other stable, interconnecting characters throughout the show). I'm liking how there are characters that are the center of the show.
May 11, 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
Yukari getting hitched, and a manager of Hiroaki Hayase stepping up for his own staff for their mistakes, he's having a rather tough time, much less being a recent non-smoker. Ryu sharing his experiences with him about his misforgivings, he learnt quite a lot. And just for the record of Yukari's marriage, Ryu making his own Glass of God, an Alexander as a form of congrats, it suits the occasion.

Back to Hayase, he works day and night, but always found time to return to Eden Hall in the hopes that he could locate the nurse, Rumi Kimishima, and apologize to her with a box of cigars, which acted as love letters in the past. For once, Ryu actng as wingman for these two adults, it's really nice. As for Yukari, her getting another Alexander, but this time, filled with her life's issues, she's clearly not in the mood to get married as of yet. Miwa, asking Ryu about it, and he promptly gives her his answer, the same with Hayase and Kimishima on their long-distance relationship, their meeting place at Eden Hall.

It's sweet when bars do things like this, unexpectedly of course.
May 11, 2:17 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to Kimurah

@Kimurah Based. This show is terrible.
May 12, 5:33 AM
Sep 2021
In sasakura's bar a lot of different customers with different personalities, situations but one thing is common their happy & calm feeling they get after sipping the drinks the bartender gives & the time they spend there.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

37 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Oct 9, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

78 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 27, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

46 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15

52 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.