Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 20, 2023 8:47 AM

Feb 2021
Vooo said:
Memore said:

No, there wasn't such a person in Harry Potter.
Not a character but the author of Harry Potter JK Rowling is getting cancelled because she does not support trans. The whole cancel culture but its backfiring on those people. 

Oh, I read about it, yes. It was on Twitter.
Aug 20, 2023 9:04 AM
May 2022
So Pete changed gender. Is that permanent or can he/she go back and forth with it? And can he/she control that power?
Aug 20, 2023 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
Dan_ALves said:
So Pete changed gender. Is that permanent or can he/she go back and forth with it? And can he/she control that power?

No, it is not permanent, it is a rare mage ability, it was explained in the episode. I think mages can control this power, simply that Pete hasn't learnt it yet as he doesn't fully understand and accept himself with this power.
Aug 20, 2023 10:22 AM
Aug 2020
Iron_Maw said:
otakuweek said:

It’s bad, stop arguing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
Only point we are in agreement is I don't care to argue much with you either. Its not as if there any substance in your stance anyway.

I shared my opinion , you have another one.

You don’t know how to discuss with somebody who don’t think like you.

After the previous episode, this was a bad idea and not necessary this thing was really bad written.

In Tengoku, you have some clues even if we understand after.

I’m an open minded person but here the sex problem has not his place in this story and i won’t change my mind.

1/10 this episode…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 20, 2023 11:14 AM
Mar 2020
einstorage6691 said:
GoldenKatana said:
True. They are trying to normalize this BS. We must wake up and fight it
um... if you triggered by this genber bender thingy and think like it's something new, then you are wrong. it's been a genre for anime in very long time. such as Ranma 1/2. I aware western people now is crazy about this gender fluidity thingy. but please don't bring anime to it.
THANK YOU!! Some folks here are really showing their age/inexperience in this thread. Gender benders have been a part of anime, manga, and light novels for decades. This isn't anything new. However, the way this was introduced in the novels made me really intrigued about Pete's character arc moving forward. Most of these anime-onlies were complaining that the other cast members didn't have anything going for them. now that the story is actually giving them a spotlight, they don't know what to do with themselves. 
Aug 20, 2023 7:23 PM

Jul 2012
This was so hamfisted and fucking stupid. I'm done. 
Aug 20, 2023 9:21 PM
Apr 2020
This show is based. Trans rights, animal rights, and overthrow of authority. Anarchy wins.
Aug 21, 2023 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
Dan_ALves said:
let's say hypothetically if he/she has full control of it, then it means he/she can also be a Futanari huh???!?

Aug 21, 2023 9:37 AM
May 2022
matias067 said:
Dan_ALves said:
let's say hypothetically if he/she has full control of it, then it means he/she can also be a Futanari huh???!?
If Pete can control it like that, then maybe. I was told that the power doesn't work like that, though. 
Aug 21, 2023 9:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm not even surprised that Reversi would cause uproar here, saw that from a mile away lmao 

It looks like Reversi is controllable which would be a very interesting and spicy ability to have then. Only a matter of time until Pete figures this out then with Oliver's help possibly.
Aug 21, 2023 2:33 PM

Jan 2019
Love my gender bending characters, and the school staright up has a secret queer club I'm dying 😭

Aug 23, 2023 12:24 AM
Nov 2020
JKR is malding For SURE on this one.
Aug 23, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2009
This thread was quite the read lol. As always the people using the word "woke" continue to be the most easily triggered people out there.

I'm not sure how I feel about Pete because as always there just isn't a lot of substance behind what's happening in this show (at least not yet). I do like more focus on the friend group, though.
Aug 23, 2023 10:47 PM
Nov 2020
"so now we have gender ideology in our anime" it's a fictional, world of magic, where gender-related magical issues is a thing. it's called worldbuilding aspect, duh (and it will play a significant role for pete in the future)

if this alone disgusts you into dropping it, then by all means, the door is right there

word of advice, tho, do it quietly. saying it out loud is quite akin to seeking attention
Aug 23, 2023 11:00 PM
Nov 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Iron_Maw said:
I don't you know what edgy is if your calling this show that. Edgy describe over-top violence, gratuitous rape and other things done for shock value rather than character or narrative benefit. Spellblades has no content close to that and certainly nothing like Tomodachi Game.
Directing wise, it's incredibly edgy, but that's just my opinion. The stuff you explained is generally used for both shock value and character/narrative benefit, they're oftentimes not mutually exclusive, and yes, they're sometimes edgy. I know you're a stern defender of this show, but my opinion is unwavering this far into the show lol
that's.. "interesting" definition of "edgy"
Aug 24, 2023 12:03 PM

Aug 2022
Even more random than the last episode. Also how the fuck did Pete not know anything about this when he's supposed to be a huge nerd?
Aug 24, 2023 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
UnknownGhost5 said:
Even more random than the last episode. Also how the fuck did Pete not know anything about this when he's supposed to be a huge nerd?

Are you srious? pete is shown from the start as someone who has to study a lot to catch up to other mage's knowledge because he doesn't have the education coming from a mage clan, he's stuck with books only rather than knowledge passed down both by clan and by large documentation in mage clan houses. We even see him reading a magic book specially done for non mage families, that break down knowledge that would otherwise be available from other mage's parent directly.

If anything, there's no way he'll know about some random rare body condition of mages in that situation. of all 6 main characters, he has the less chances of knowing after Nanao, who also doesn't come from a mage family AND doesn't study that much in comparison to him.
The other 4 were educated since pretty much birth as mages. He and Nanao were not.
Aug 25, 2023 6:26 AM
Apr 2020
Find it funny how many people do get it wrong or don't pay attention.

Pete isn't transgender, to begin with.

He actually changes into the other SEX, sex traits, and everything. Nothing to do with the Western idea of the social construct.
The reason why I said Western is because every country can be different, I'm from East-Asia, and we see things differently, and we don't believe in the born in the wrong body.

But for some reason, many of the West, like the US and Canada want to push their culture to the rest.

Gender is not sex.
That is why in our reality, trans genders can't change their sex, they can do body mutilation, but that doesn't change their sex. Only how they look.
And the whole forcing of social construct is annoying, it feels like you are stereotyping male and females.

But I bet MANY men would be jealous though, then they could finally claim to be a real woman instead of doing woman face. Haha.
Aug 27, 2023 10:19 AM
Apr 2023
Really enjoyable and mature representation of gender identity and sexuality
Sep 5, 2023 2:17 AM
Jul 2021
Dropped this propaganda ridden filth! Worst season of anime in probably since ever. What a waste of good material, fvck off show. We already have our on genres there is zero reason to do this. Sooner or later all this fake pandering& miss-information & lies & cancel culture will come back to bite our collective asses!

This is not inclusion, this is evil propaganda & pushing an insidious/bile agenda on a on willing general population that's why the approval/acceptance of lgbt issues is plummeting faster than a B747 falling from the sky.

Ffuk off show and I am starting to hate anime in general & fake "inclusion" more like pandering for a good ESG credit score.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 12, 2023 5:51 AM

Dec 2013
Pete being a reversi feels like a random reveal.

I like how the brooms are living creatures. It's a neat little detail that makes me like this magical world more.
Sep 19, 2023 4:40 PM

Oct 2018
So this is the episode that I was hearing about in twitter, well, there wasn't any controversary or such but very mild, anyway, almost done with half of the show.
Sep 20, 2023 9:15 AM
Nov 2018
Volume 2 just began with this episode and the start of next volume is looking good for the series
Sep 21, 2023 9:00 AM
Dec 2022
It's funny how when Pete changed gender Pete suddenly became a lot cuter like it just comes naturally with the sex change lol.
Sep 22, 2023 3:01 AM
Nov 2016
wow. i thought someone cursed pete but it turns out being gender-fluid is a natural biological experience for some people in this world. hope this series does not turn into a harem series.
My Candies:
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM
Isekai

Oct 2017
Pete’s a reversi, huh?
Sep 24, 2023 12:19 PM
Aug 2018
Sometimes it takes a real man to become the best girl. Pete 😂
Oct 5, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2012
Another fine episode.
Oct 14, 2023 5:30 AM
Dec 2019
Man with boobs...
Oct 14, 2023 12:08 PM
Apr 2013
EP 7

I just noticed, there's a steep drop off in comments starting from the next ep (this is the last ep with more than 100, and the next ep only has 50)

Its not a blatant cliffhang this time i guess, unlike ep 2 or 5
Its not super apparent whats going to happen

They showed us the mad scientist teacher this time, soo for now its presumed he's the next target to be offed

EDIT: So you're telling me a bunch of people dropped the anime on this ep because of the reversi? really?

EDIT: Ok so yeah looks like pete has the same voice actor. I dont remember how old everyone is supposed to be, hmm.

One thing I just noticed, it could be a total coincidence, but its funny that nanao is the nanatsu spellblade

EDIT: Note sure about the other teachers, but we saw mcfarlane with the six at the start, is he also in cahoots with them, or?
Does make you wonder though, but its possible something will interrupt, cant imagine oliver killing all seven in seven vols? If two per season, thats like, maybe another 2-3 seasons. Hmm

One last edit before I watch ep 8: Apparently the OP was updated, I've been skipping it. It's not that bad actually, and on rewatch it does very clearly show miligan being super suspicious, the others are not so obvious though.
CocoaGalaxyOct 19, 2023 3:23 PM
Nov 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
they invented a new type of a trap (incontrollable sex change magical Fennomen) lol
Nov 30, 2023 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Lokrent
Man with boobs...
@Lokrent and also pussy, he went trough 100% gender change
Nov 30, 2023 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Dawizz
Dropped this propaganda ridden filth! Worst season of anime in probably since ever. What a waste of good material, fvck off show. We already have our on genres there is zero reason to do this. Sooner or later all this fake pandering& miss-information & lies & cancel culture will come back to bite our collective asses!

This is not inclusion, this is evil propaganda & pushing an insidious/bile agenda on a on willing general population that's why the approval/acceptance of lgbt issues is plummeting faster than a B747 falling from the sky.

Ffuk off show and I am starting to hate anime in general & fake "inclusion" more like pandering for a good ESG credit score.
@Dawizz japan does it for comedy and to make it more interesting (cause its another struggle) not propaganda, they don't care about the west, west in the other hand makes it so obvious why they do it

if this were woke propaganda sh i would trop it to but its not, issue is a lot of anti-woke ppl have become 2fragile so awry little thing is woke, gender gets pen automatically woke, there is girl gay couple in it its automatically woke, dude u need help PLZ get some help before it makes u loose rest of ur sanity

Sugram22Nov 30, 2023 9:54 AM
Jan 1, 6:20 AM
Mar 2018
Definitely felt out of place, oh well, gender bending is very much anime, it really has nothing at all to do with current western political statements inherently.
Jan 22, 5:10 AM

Mar 2015
Are we going to see quidditch next?
Mar 4, 1:06 PM

Jun 2022
Tsk , Another Betrayal Or Whatever They Wanna Do Every Single Episode . One More Then Done!
Mar 20, 7:34 AM

Jul 2008
Secret of this show is don't trust anyone.
Mar 31, 3:09 PM
Aug 2023
What a disappointing episode after last episode's twist. Instead of Oliver's character developing after last episode's reveal, he stays exactly the same boring bland underdeveloped character he's always been. With the reveal this was an opportunity to reintroduce or expand his real character, and make things interesting, but since his character didn't change at all, it was like last episode never happened.

What's worse is the Harry Potter copying is still happening and is blatant. The broom scene was borderline but then they had to go do the substitute teacher for the missing bad guy teacher who was killed, that happened in HP. Again, I'm not even a HP fan, I only watched the movies once when they were released ages ago, but even I can make all the connections, which means the show isn't putting in enough effort to either hide it or make it their own thing. It's so lazy and cheap, are we going to get a Quiddich game next?

If that isn't bad enough, now the Reversi subplot. The thing is, the way it was done reeks of western propaganda/agenda. They had Oliver put on the kid gloves of treating it and Pete very seriously and delicately when talking about dysphoria, then there's even a secret support group (like they were shunned and oppressed) that was super welcoming. Again, it reeks overwhelmingly like western propaganda/agenda, that's why so many people in the comments are against it, and dropping the show...it's the last straw for them. The writing, the characters, and the HP blatant ripping off were bad enough, but what seems a lot like western propaganda/agenda is too much on top of everything else.

Now before anybody rips into me for being anti-woke, because people seem to be conditioned to white knight for the propaganda/agenda at any hint of opposition to it, my complaints of the Reversi subplot is how it was implemented (it's done just like how western propaganda/agenda likes to do it, poorly). I've also had numerous issues with the show's writing and characters before this point, and even listed them first before mentioning the Reversi. I didn't even know this Reversi subplot was coming, I randomly choose this anime to watch knowing nothing about it. I also have nothing against gender bending coming up in animes, it comes down to how it's done, and it's done really poorly in this episode. As a matter of fact, no lie, I was going to rewatch "Life with an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout" but randomly decided to watch Seven Spellblades instead. Total Fantasy Knockout deals directly with gender bending, but it handles it in a much better way that doesn't reek of western propaganda/agenda. I wasn't going to rewatch it for the gender bending either, more for the comedy and isekai, it turned out to be a great bro story from what I remember. Anyways the point is Seven Spellblades reeks of it, don't attack the person bringing it up instead of the points they're bringing up. The production values of the animation in this anime is good, but the writing, characters, and implementation sucks. The blantant HP ripping off can't even be defended against too. I'm stubborn, will probably stick with the anime to the end, I've seen worse but this is kind of bad so far.
Apr 8, 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
at the end of the episode, it's true what oliver's said, senior whitrow's singing is really charming and pure. ngl I cried hearing that song
Apr 26, 2:52 PM

Dec 2022
Pete turned into a chick? Guess Oliver's pseudo-harem has one more member now. For the record, "Reversi" just seem to be magic hermaphrodites, like gender-bender or Rule 63; it has nothing to do with an unrelated subject the west has an insidious fixation with, so no point interpreting it in such a way.

Nanao may as well be the chosen one at this point. That prodigious talent with an unruly broom isn't something you see often.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

May 22, 4:21 PM
Feb 2022
somewhat expected
Jul 6, 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
That trap is soo unexpectable lmao

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.