Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 8:08 AM
Jan 2009
Wakamo's appearance immediately at the start huh. Giving us some info on how sensei got the Shittim Chest on the first episode.

Damn that sandstorm really messed up that city.

Angsty tsun Serika causing Sensei to be depressed, also being called a stalker, RIP.

Helmet gang packing some heat with all those tanks and security just for Serika's kidnapping.
Somehow Hoshino's shotgun denting the tanks armor? Just how strong is that shotgun...

Serika's face when she thanks Sensei, so adorable.

Part C with a sneak peak at Problem Solver 68.

Ending song - 「真昼の空の月」

Edit: Official EN subs

XanekMay 30, 5:12 PM
Apr 14, 8:09 AM
Feb 2024
The episode was yet again amazing Uohh😭😭

The anime is doing an even better job at perfectly capturing why sensei is the harem lord he is but I think quite obvioisly star of the episode was tsundere-chan serika💢💢💢
Shes so cute, the part where
is just 💢💢💢💢💢
hope the quality continues with the entirety of the anime.

I love cunny archive and how amazing this anime is, as GFL fan Im glad this isnt turning out like GFL lmao
Sure CG was awful but the overall quality was decent. Though that might be self bias speaking because I am a huge cunny archive fan. What did you guys think about the episode?
Apr 14, 8:15 AM

Feb 2023
Absolute cinema, nothing else to say. Love tsundere Serikat, love Master Shiba, love Abydos, and Problem Solver 68 next episode is hype.
Apr 14, 8:38 AM
Feb 2021
It was a lot of fun, it's a nice perspective on how it the Serika part of the story was adapted, cute indeed, pretty nice to see the prologue at the start and the PS68 girls at the end.

The ending theme is also cool https://youtu.be/d0rctEnBwsQ?
Apr 14, 9:03 AM
Dec 2021
We are episodes away from robbing the bank🗣️🗣️🔥🔥🔥
Apr 14, 9:11 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, Serika focus action pack episode, the helmet gang sure got what’s coming for them.

Apr 14, 9:24 AM
Sep 2023
Episode 2 telling us about "Shittim Chest" introduction on the first minute then Serika disappearances. Problem Solver 68 Gang is also teased in the last minutes of the episode
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Feb 2021
So I actually started playing this, and... I don't really understand anything and what should I do yet, but it's fun lol. Also rerolling is pain (applies to all gacha games). I'd actually like to reroll more, but I'm pretty sure I can't receive the rewards for episode 1 anymore, and I kinda don't want to miss that, soooo yeah.

Oh hey, they adapted the prologue now. I was so surprised when I first saw that Arona can actually pronounce my username.
Btw at the end of the OP it's not the usual Anime name + "production committee", but "Abydos shopping district".
Serika was really cute at the end.
Really nice ED, there is so much movement.
EmbientApr 14, 9:46 AM
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

May 2023
The OP is too good I'm addicted, this episode focuses on Serika and some explanations at the beginning, the animation is too good I hope it can maintain this quality every episode.

Next week we will see Aru in action?! PEAKKK ARCHIVE, ED very nice and chill and lots of movement, sensei is so hot omg.
Apr 14, 10:30 AM

Nov 2013
Another solid episode in spite of the slight dip in the art style. If only the art looked as smooth as in the OP... oh well.

Content wise it was a Kot focused episode, not too shabby. Prologue was featured too which was nice as we got some more cameos. Now to await for next week to see more of the Handyman 68 girls.

Finally props for the ED as it stands up, in a different way, to the OP. We are looking good fellow Senseis

Loved how the visuals evoked a nostalgic and wholesome vibe. Seeing the Abydos girls like this helps to cure the PTSD from Volume F.

PS: Princess featured in the OP unlike last week. My weekly crumbs :)

Apr 14, 11:35 AM

Apr 2022
@Mikey-Thriller that moment was cool, but that was the only time where sensei did something. Before that, he just enjoyed his time with Ayane in the car.

Well, the main point is that I hope Yostar makes sensei order students more and much better than the first episode (he just said "aim" or "shoot")
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Apr 14, 11:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I like how they're showing the characters' EX abilities, but instead of following the game's utility of what they're actually used for, they're applying some actual logic to it

Also damn they really put a lot of effort into both the OP and ED for this
Apr 14, 12:13 PM
Jan 2023
cute, but also feels very forced and fast paced when assembling the story
Apr 14, 12:36 PM
Jul 2023
they are skipping important fan service and I think that's fine, what they want to do is focus on the lore which is great, and that last few seconds, can't wait
Apr 14, 12:41 PM

Mar 2018
Every time Hoshino makes a sound, I can't refrain from laughing. I love her voice and her gimmicks.

The intro of the story lasted like only 30 seconds huh, anyway the beginning of Vol.1 is the weakest part of the main story so I'm not afraid for what's to come.

Still overall a cute and funny episode, and the ending is awesome, very wholesome.
Apr 14, 12:53 PM

Apr 2022
I envy people who are big enough fans of this to consider it a masterpiece and enjoy it as much as they seem to. Personally I think It's dumb, and I hate it. I cannot find anything of value in this outside of pretty pictures. All the effort was clearly put on animation. Characters are bland, the pacing sucks, the music is mediocre at best, the plot is written with AI, and the dialogue is cringy as fuck. Please remember that you're allowed to enjoy something a random stranger doesn't, and you are free to disagree with them. As for me - I probably won't be back for the 3rd episode.
felixsifuriApr 14, 1:01 PM
Apr 14, 12:57 PM

Nov 2020
A boring conflict resolved in a boring way, that was the whole episode XD
Ok, after two episodes I say that this anime is a strange, uninvolving and boring collection of things with no specific plot, I will probably drop it after the third episode. So I'm curious if this anime can really be liked by someone who hasn't played the game and has no attachment to the series.
1/5
Ba-Cii10Apr 26, 4:37 PM
Apr 14, 1:10 PM
Jan 2012
Reply to Flutty_Putty
they are skipping important fan service and I think that's fine, what they want to do is focus on the lore which is great, and that last few seconds, can't wait
@Flutty_Putty Still, I wonder why they don't fully adapt the prologue just yet.
Apr 14, 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
How can be the subs so bad?
I feel my brain cells dying.

A quick summary of the prologue, the events of shiba seki and tease of Problem Solver, not that much to comment.

OST is still way inferior to the game.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 14, 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
Op and endings are works of art 😭😭peak😭😭
Apr 14, 1:47 PM

Aug 2015
well that was boring, and dumb, and confusing, and the subtitles were bad
at least it has cute girls and decent art
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 14, 1:54 PM

Sep 2023
So of all shit that's happening there they decided to explain only why they have the debt, not even how are they paying that debt since they are highschoolers and all they do is pointlessly sitting in that school.😂😂😂

Guess 3rd ep of this shitshow is going to be last for me.
Apr 14, 3:25 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to splitshocker
@Flutty_Putty Still, I wonder why they don't fully adapt the prologue just yet.
@splitshocker there's not much to say, perhaps would-ve worked as a sole OVA by separate.
Apr 14, 5:42 PM

Sep 2016
I like it, but I feel the OST is kinda meh, its a downgrade compared to the game's.
Apr 14, 6:05 PM
Feb 2019
The ED Animation shows how sensei spend their time with students in Abydos Episode which is barely not shown in the game. Seeing that makes me very heartwarming.
Apr 14, 6:05 PM

Aug 2022
Serika is clearly the tsundere of the group
Apr 14, 6:08 PM

Sep 2013
What's wrong with the English translations?
Lol
Apr 14, 6:14 PM
Dec 2020
Just like in the game, I like it
Apr 14, 6:29 PM
Jun 2015
seems like most of people dropped after first ep1
barely anyone is talking about it and ep2 is just bland as ep1 so doubt its going to get any better for new comers
Apr 14, 6:36 PM
Dec 2023
Serika is Tsundere
Apr 14, 6:45 PM

Apr 2022
just here for more guns and tanks action.
Apr 14, 6:52 PM

Jul 2016
Ah, Rin my beloved. As expected, she looks great in anime form.
So... that's all the Prologue we are gonna get?

Enjoyable second episode. Conflict with Serika and the Helmet Gang mobs was basically dumb fun. Just like the beginning of Vol.1 until things get serious.
Also, PS68 girls next episode. Nice.

ED looks incredible, btw.
Apr 14, 7:30 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
So of all shit that's happening there they decided to explain only why they have the debt, not even how are they paying that debt since they are highschoolers and all they do is pointlessly sitting in that school.😂😂😂

@LessThanAnimeFan revealing everything about the debt will end the anime in 4 episodes. Things related about the debt also is a major spoiler for Volume F
Apr 14, 8:09 PM
Mar 2021
i know ayane ex skill is a healer but in anime is more like upgrade ex skill like supplier ammo and exploading gas i hope another student have new upgrade ex skill
Apr 14, 8:25 PM
Mar 2018
All the people dropping this early will never reach peak, there is a reason this is #1 in Japan this season. But I must admit that the start of the story is rough - even in the game. Still, no peak for droppers lol
Apr 14, 8:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THANK FUCK im getting ANOTHER female battle anime, since PEAK has ended as of Winter 2024

makes me wanna try the game lol

now if only those gang girls didn't wear those stupid helmets
EcchiGodMamsterApr 14, 8:56 PM
Apr 14, 9:39 PM

Dec 2021
Its peak, changed my mind. Rofl Crusader tank got destroyed by bolt action rifle. Puma got destroyed by explosive box which nowhere close toward tank

Guess someone just play with 500% booster on.

Begone tourist, play the game to understand
Apr 14, 11:23 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Ba-Cii10
A boring conflict resolved in a boring way, that was the whole episode XD
Ok, after two episodes I say that this anime is a strange, uninvolving and boring collection of things with no specific plot, I will probably drop it after the third episode. So I'm curious if this anime can really be liked by someone who hasn't played the game and has no attachment to the series.
1/5
@Ba-Cii10 A lot of anime based off games are like this, with little context given, at least early on in the show.
Apr 15, 12:08 AM
Jun 2020
tiene más emoción un funeral que el anime
Apr 15, 1:18 AM
Apr 2024
I don't know is because the adaptation or the studio but this show is cringe af
Apr 15, 4:02 AM

Jan 2024
For a game fan like me, the episode was pure ecstasy but yeah, other people watching the anime without any game context are probably confused.Also, the op and ending sequence hit hard.
Apr 15, 6:24 AM
Apr 2024
This episode was an episode that I really liked and was better than episode 1, but some content was cut, which I consider a very sad thing This episode made me feel more connected to the characters.
Apr 15, 6:26 AM
Apr 2024
But I feel like in episode 2, it calls for a break in the timeline
Apr 15, 7:44 AM

Apr 2021
Better handled than the first ep, for those who are wondering, yeah is like this in the game, abydos arc is a bit weak, specially the first chapter
Apr 15, 8:56 AM

Feb 2021
Well the action scene has revealed itself. Those cgi models are rough to watch yikes. Understandable the studio doesn't do those tanks and cars in 2D but I was hoping they would add in a little more details on them, like shadow, for example. But oh well.

Not sure if it's only me, but the flashback at the beginning feels like an after thought. It doesn't need to be a flashback and the whole thing will still make sense.

I have a couple questions regarding the battle:

1. Why does Serika have to run and climb to the top of a building to take her shot, when it can easily be done had she stayed with the rest of the crew behind Hoshino's shield?
2. The bomb blows away the tanks but our students are safe behind a single shield? At least make them get blown away by the shockwave.

I know I shouldn't take the battle too serious since our girls possess super human abilities, but I can't help myself, knowing Blue Archive is supposed to be a strategy game where Sensei commands the students.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 15, 9:14 AM
Apr 2013
EP 2

So ep 1 was uh....i dunno man.

Anyway yes that was the whole ep
I have to be honest i'm really not a big fan of the whole thing right now. grr. like.
To repeat again the sensei is just whatever I guess

The ed is kinda whatever, seems like they spent all their budget on the op
A bit of a post ed scene, presumably a different squad is gonna show up next time. I dunno man.

So our main 5. I did hear ogura yui in the op (and ed) and in the credits I have seen her name as well. Not sure how or why she's sorta everywhere now but anyway.
So shiroko is ogura yui. Serika is...ohashi ayaka? Ayane is harada sayaka, arona is kohara konomi. Hoshino is actually hanamori yumiri. But it feels kinda eh since I didnt recognize anyone. And I have no idea for nonomi
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan

@LessThanAnimeFan

You should probably rewatch the first episode, they specifically said they do commissions for money to pay off the debt, you just have to read the subtitles man
Apr 15, 11:19 AM

Sep 2023
Kakeru_00115 said:
revealing everything about the debt will end the anime in 4 episodes. Things related about the debt also is a major spoiler for Volume F

Well, I meant that the debt is one of the if not the worst things to explain first. 2 ep is out an there wasn't even a hint how the world became like that (not about the races, not about the shit they have above their heads, not even why tf they are constantly fighting) exept the sandstorm, but I wouldn't even call that as a part of worldbuilding here.
Tiau said:
You should probably rewatch the first episode, they specifically said they do commissions for money to pay off the debt, you just have to read the subtitles man

Won't waste another 25 minutes of my time on that, but thanks for mentioning that it was actually said in 1st ep. It's just because the first ep was soooo entertaining boring that I unforunately missed that.
Apr 15, 11:26 AM
Jan 2012
A tsundere kidnapped to change the relationship with the protagonist, something never seen before! lol

Reincarnated as an Aristocrat, literally, the same day

I've seen enough of this generic shit. The battles are even more embarrassing than the characters.

Enjoy it, rule34 fans
Apr 15, 6:30 PM
Jan 2021
PEAK ARCHIVE 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

252 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.