Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
I wish they'd make Pete stronger and more competent this arc but again, it's up to Oliver and his friends to save her. Meanwhile, we got another thriller action based episode as they go deeper into the unknown.

An interesting part to note this episode is how instead of fighting that monster, Nanao lied her sword down in front of it. One thing is for sure though...the deeper they go, the more dangerous it gets.
Sep 29, 2023 9:28 AM

Jan 2018
We got a short Ophelia flashback. This episode had some decent actions. The character interactions are always enjoyable tho.
Sep 29, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Nanatsuma Fridays! We are slowly building up to the climax of volume 3 which is one of the best of the series.

As I suspected, we start off with a flashback to Ophelia and Carlos meeting. Interesting camera angle considering the mood of her backstory lmao Not sure why they cut out Carlos telling Ophelia that they’re genderless so that’s why her pheromones don’t affect them.. making them the perfect team. It’s pretty obvious from their design, but still.

For someone who usually relies on her OP strength to get through situations, Nanao reasoning with the magical beast to let the group pass is really cool. She can be quite resourceful when she wants. Too bad the beast quite literally lost his head for it. The labyrinth is such a brutal and unforgiving place.

Seeing everyone take on the Mantis together and put their newfound teamwork skills to the test was great. As usual, some really cool animation and camera angles used by JC staff there. And that’s just one of Ophelia’s chimera..

Aw they skipped the war game simulation, that was one of my fave parts of the book! But with how late they waited to start volume 3, I guess somethings had to be cut 😔

“You’re ordinary and excel at nothing” damn did Vera have to cook my MC alike this 😭Oliver just trying to be alone with his thoughts and here she go flaming him lmao. Love Vera

Good to see Pete hanging in there. Time’s running out to save he and the others, though. Next two episodes should be amazing. I have faith in JC 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2023 10:06 AM
Sep 29, 2023 10:19 AM

Dec 2021
The beginning of the episode was a blast, reminiscent of embarking on side quests in an RPG or the kickoff of a fresh D&D campaign. Then, we were treated to an exhilarating group boss battle, strategically learning its attack patterns and vulnerabilities before delivering the finishing blow. It was a relief to see Nanao not overshadowing everyone this time, and it was a pleasant surprise that Oliver delivered the decisive strike instead of Leroy Jenkins-ing it like Miligan suspected he would.

I'm eagerly anticipating for Pete to kick ass next week!

Sep 29, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2019
It looks like we got a brief flashback with a younger Ophelia and some guy that claims to want to be friends with her. Meanwhile Nanao, Chela, and Oliver accompany Vera and have some tasty bread that Guy had made. The fight with the giant mantis was pretty cool and for a second I thought Oliver was in trouble but he thought ahead and prepared for the projectile attack.

Since Pete is a reversi he is not affected by Ophelia's perfume and perhaps he will be a hero in the next episode provided he is not caught. Decent episode overall and this labyrinth is really large and bizarre.
Sep 29, 2023 2:32 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good ep

things can always be better,but it was not bad for me...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 29, 2023 3:00 PM
Jan 2009
They are really rushing this, they skipped a ton of stuff. It's kind of funny how they skip all the sexual implications that were in the novels. It was kind of a huge point with Salvadori being a succubus, and her perfume affecting men in certain "ways" that they don't even seem to mention much in the anime. It should be a lot more grotesque and dark, considering how the chimeras are created, It all feels very flat, and since they seem to skip so much backstory, you don't really get to care much for the characters.
Sep 29, 2023 3:09 PM
Aug 2014
Ngl this adaptation is much better than most LN adaptations other series get(6 eps for vol 1, 5 for vol 2 and 4 for vol 3), getting 15 eps so that it can get decent pacing and some nice visuals, and yet it's this underwhelming of a series, maybe the writing for this series just ain't as good as the LN readers who have read further ahead say it is :P, hopefully the last 2 eps makes a difference and shows why it's supposed to be the best magic school LN series ive heard people say on twitter.
Sep 29, 2023 5:12 PM
Aug 2021
I guess this nonsense is going to finish out the season. This was a marginal series until the episode where the mother revenge-kill happened. That really re-sparked my interest but now we’re back to side plots with rescues and sister-hate, where the plot crawls along.

The plot should be mommy revenge, period. None of this will happen by ep15. Please be entertaining the next two weeks.
Sep 29, 2023 5:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how they cut short those flashbacks because who wants to know the more story of those succuby from those reversi-nobody?

Ah yes at least cute Ms. Carste giving me enough of an insurance that its about time for the revenge plot to soon shall come, for at least at the end of this series. Trust, inhale hopium you guys...

Poor monke get rekt by the huge grasshopper, while Milligan trying to pry deep onto Oliver's background even though ofc its lead to nothing, rather than, right, Pete preparing for the great escape next!

Also, idk if i shall be feels weird having those dude getting out of those orbs from his guts or feeling funny when he shutted Pete crap shout. But one thing must be clear enough, there's two more episode left, so i can't help but curious in my silent...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 29, 2023 6:34 PM
Oct 2016
Our rescue group is making their way to Pete. Traversing this labyrinth would be tough enough even without these crazy chimera that Ophelia left crawling around. The normally tame monsters whom would let people pass if they meant no harm have become more hostile. Ophelia is stirring up more than just the students with her experiments. Oliver, Nanao and Chela make a great team! They all worked together well to kill that giant mantis chimera, Milligan coaching them well. Oliver out thinking Ophelia idea about the weak spots, very clever by him. Nanao turning her hair white in combat always looks badass, I love how efficient she is with her blade since she's seen tons of fighting before. They all did very well stopping the various monsters on their way to Pete. Whom themselves is in a dangerous position trapped in Ophelia laboratory looking for a moment to escape.
Sep 29, 2023 6:48 PM

Apr 2008
Why you keeping a smoke bomb in your gut, dude? That's just not a good idea.
Sep 29, 2023 9:17 PM

Mar 2007
For a battle episode, this was rather lackluster in the animation department, IDK why but I expected more.

• The team is continuing on their search of Pete
  • Some guy actually likes the succubus, and seems to be immune to her charms. He befriends her, for her. He's got a short intro, but we don't know much more about him.
  • Pete and another guy are planning to escape. This deep voiced character's VA really did a great "UAAAAHHHHHH" as he stabs his own hand inside his stomach, to remove some orbs, one of which is a locator / distress signal, like a flare gun. He's entrusting their rescue to Pete, who he's realized is a reversi. Clearly this guy and his gaping stomach wound are now in no condition to escape. No pressure Pete Reston, who gets to introduce himself / herself with his full name. Trauma bonding indeed.
  • Nanao negotiates a ceasefire with an ape like creature injured by one of the chimeras
  • The ape creature being a NPC is soon killed by some Scyther looking chimera with sword praying mantis arms. Our team takes it out, with some effort.
  • Milligan is fascinated by Oliver. Chela is from a distinguished family, Nanao had an extraordinary upbringing but Oliver is just ... average and yet he holds his own. Why ? I'll tell you why! "Hello, my name is Oliver Montoya. You killed my mother. Prepare to Die!"

Things are going at a breakneck pace, some stuff is really getting short shift!
Sep 29, 2023 11:16 PM

Jul 2017
Ophelia's backstory with Carlos, it was definitely a moment of realization that she's not the same now as compared to before.

The search for Pete continues with Oliver, Nanao and Michela following Miligan, and Nanao growing hungry for them to try Guy's cakes is definitely one of the breather moments. Meanwhile, Oliver's siblings diving keep into the realm with Carste deviating from the route and being Oliver's guard instead. And instead of trying to face a magical beast from its territory, Nanao resolving with her words and mana to avoid violence is the unexpected way since, since it has been injured by Ophelia's chimeras.

The magical beast being slained by the giant praying mantis-turned-chimera, the trio faces valiently with all the training they've done from Miligan, especially Nanao utilizing her Spellblade powers, which they succeeded defeating it, and a few more other chimeras along the way. As to why they wanted to save Pete, he was already together with Oliver and the others, despite not being a mage, and friendship was the core factor above all despite the fear when Marco was about to crush Katie. To Oliver's average swordmanship, Miligan is concerned about that as they head into the 3rd layer.

Pete being a Reversi in this situation, he got some help from inside, and hopefully he can make his probable escape.

Yeah...Volume 3 is starting to be rushed even though we're left with only 2 episodes. J.C.Staff please don't eff this up.
Sep 30, 2023 2:30 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I hope they will do a second season and not just this one.
I like it, this world is so cruel, but they will get through it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 30, 2023 3:57 AM

Jun 2016
I'm also hoping for a second season, but I have to commend the creators for moving away from the classic canon of 12-13 episodes.
Sep 30, 2023 4:29 AM
Feb 2021
I really love evething about this anime
Sep 30, 2023 9:44 AM
Jul 2023
will there be a new season
Sep 30, 2023 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
I think they did a pretty bad job at portraying the important points of layer 2. Which is quite sad as some parts of it were really outstanding, but they more or less summed it up as just being a "long walk in the forest + extras".
Sep 30, 2023 8:00 PM

Mar 2008
Bio said:
Why you keeping a smoke bomb in your gut, dude? That's just not a good idea.

Could have just stuffed it up his butt and saved some trouble. Lol

aegd said:
They are really rushing this, they skipped a ton of stuff. It's kind of funny how they skip all the sexual implications that were in the novels. It was kind of a huge point with Salvadori being a succubus, and her perfume affecting men in certain "ways" that they don't even seem to mention much in the anime. It should be a lot more grotesque and dark, considering how the chimeras are created, It all feels very flat, and since they seem to skip so much backstory, you don't really get to care much for the characters.

I sometimes get that impression as well. Like we are supposed to already know and it's just gestured at sometimes.
Sep 30, 2023 11:35 PM
Sep 2021
Oliver and his team are doing their best to save pete and the other students from salvadori and pete is also trying his best to free himself.
Oct 1, 2023 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
Nothing much happened this episode except the short Ophelia flashback. Good to have more Carste btw. Also Albright actually helping Pete, I mean it's also for his sake but still.
Oct 1, 2023 3:05 PM
Aug 2021
"I'll go get some water" and walks away to some secluded place even though they were sat literally 2ft away from a river.... such dumb writing.
Oct 1, 2023 6:19 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to shaunchris
@shaunchris

Fingers crossed that we don't get another season! 🤞🤞

C'mon guys just two more episodes to go for this clusterfvck of a show to be throw into the garbage bin and be completely forgotten. We can do this! Just two more!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 1, 2023 6:19 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to shaunchris
@shaunchris

C'mon guys just two more episodes to go for this clusterfvck of a show to be throw into the garbage bin and be completely forgotten. We can do this! Just two more!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 1, 2023 6:34 PM
Nov 2021
crea expectativa
Oct 2, 2023 4:24 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
Nanatsuma Fridays! We are slowly building up to the climax of volume 3 which is one of the best of the series.

As I suspected, we start off with a flashback to Ophelia and Carlos meeting. Interesting camera angle considering the mood of her backstory lmao Not sure why they cut out Carlos telling Ophelia that they’re genderless so that’s why her pheromones don’t affect them.. making them the perfect team. It’s pretty obvious from their design, but still.

For someone who usually relies on her OP strength to get through situations, Nanao reasoning with the magical beast to let the group pass is really cool. She can be quite resourceful when she wants. Too bad the beast quite literally lost his head for it. The labyrinth is such a brutal and unforgiving place.

Seeing everyone take on the Mantis together and put their newfound teamwork skills to the test was great. As usual, some really cool animation and camera angles used by JC staff there. And that’s just one of Ophelia’s chimera..

Aw they skipped the war game simulation, that was one of my fave parts of the book! But with how late they waited to start volume 3, I guess somethings had to be cut 😔

“You’re ordinary and excel at nothing” damn did Vera have to cook my MC alike this 😭Oliver just trying to be alone with his thoughts and here she go flaming him lmao. Love Vera

Good to see Pete hanging in there. Time’s running out to save he and the others, though. Next two episodes should be amazing. I have faith in JC 🙏🏾
@Marinate1016 What episodes are Volume 2 and which episode does Volume 3 start?
Oct 2, 2023 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Shilohzz said:

Last episode is the start of volume 3
Oct 2, 2023 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
Ya know it’s bad when you wish the show was only 12 episodes
Oct 2, 2023 6:09 PM
Nov 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Shilohzz said:

Last episode is the start of volume 3

Thank you heaps !!
Oct 2, 2023 8:15 PM
Jan 2023
This was a decent episode, but I felt there were too many sections that they just didn't bother to animate, the battle scene was good though. It was mostly traveling and Pete got some magic orbs from Albright, which will help with the escape next week.

Still, I do look forward to next week's episode, even if this week's was a bit disappointing overall. I just hope we get another season after this.
Oct 5, 2023 4:04 AM
Jun 2012
The little scout that could. Is true kawaii-desu.
When embarking on her task for the day.
Oct 5, 2023 9:12 AM
Feb 2019
I regret to even watch this!
Oct 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Apr 2022
we're almost there gang.
Oct 14, 2023 5:34 AM

May 2020
Okay, when they'll reach that place where their friend is held captive? Because this episode almost put me to sleep.

Also like the fuck that nerd could do anything on his own.
Oct 20, 2023 8:35 PM
Apr 2013
EP 13

Probably some more crazy stuff is going to happen in the last two eps

So in total, we have our gang of four, the four from the student council, carste and shannon and gwyn, plus stacey and lynette, thats like, 13 people?

So far, aside from the teacher I dont think anyone has actually died yet? Though that also means it's just going to be all the more uh, shocking if/when it happens.

It does seem like they compressed it a bit, kind of ironic but welp.
CocoaGalaxyOct 20, 2023 8:40 PM
Oct 24, 2023 2:22 AM
May 2021
So salvadori family forced their kids to do seggs? Bruhh. Hentai family fr
Nov 11, 2023 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
It's not surprising that Milligan is suspicious of Oliver's past. I'm sure more characters will be as the series goes on.

Wow! That's an extreme hiding place.
Jan 11, 12:09 PM
Jul 2023
Dawizz said:
@shaunchris

yeah I also think so
Jan 23, 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
Feel bad for Oliver, everyone he meets tells him he's average lol. He's got high battle IQ guys stop calling him out
Mar 22, 10:19 AM

Jul 2008
Oliver is not average, he does everything to make people think he is that.
Apr 26, 7:41 PM

Dec 2022
Albright is one no-nonsense guy. He just perforated his stomach and ripped out three orbs to hand to Pete, whose resourcefulness is questionable to begin with. Really hope those are useful, after having to go through that extreme, lol.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.