Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 15, 2022 11:31 PM

Jan 2020
Blueberry173 said:
commonxreaction said:
We got the OP back this time.

I wasn't expecting Faputa to get wrecked by these monsters. What happened to the ultra violence that fueled her just last episode? She can only be brutal to people who can't properly fight back?

because she is obviously weaker than the entire hoard ig? i mean its so obvious that she's literally trying her best, this is not a battle shounen where you scream and defeat everyone....

Yet, ironically, she appeared to get a shounen battle power-up at the end, started screaming, and it seems like she's gonna defeat them all next week.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 15, 2022 11:59 PM

Mar 2022
commonxreaction said:
Blueberry173 said:

because she is obviously weaker than the entire hoard ig? i mean its so obvious that she's literally trying her best, this is not a battle shounen where you scream and defeat everyone....

Yet, ironically, she appeared to get a shounen battle power-up at the end, started screaming, and it seems like she's gonna defeat them all next week.

its not really that when there's a clear explanation...

but leaving that, idk why are you criticizing on the fact she was obviously weaker than them? sounds kinda like raw hate.
Sep 16, 2022 12:04 AM

Jan 2020
Blueberry173 said:
commonxreaction said:

its not really that when there's a clear explanation...

but leaving that, idk why are you criticizing on the fact she was obviously weaker than them? sounds kinda like raw hate.

I'm literally not criticizing it, lmao. I have this show at a 9. I like it. I'm just pointing out something that is confusing to me. I tend to do that as I'm watching stuff. Think about it, ask questions, try and work through the material. Pondering something doesn't mean I hate it.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 16, 2022 2:02 AM

Jul 2008
Belaf’s death is a bad timing considering he would have been helpful against the swarm of enemy beasts after that.

Wazukyan has always been untrustworthy and dangerous to me. I just hope the main team and Faputa get out alive from this ordeal (Not even sure how they are going to drive away the Turbinid Dragon and I doubt they could actually kill it) and that may be the case since Faputa got a power boost at the end.

The thing (plot hole?) that confused me is the village layout. It is a cylinder shape so I was not expecting Nanachi and Belaf to appear at the entrance hole where Faputa entered from previously. Reg and Juroimoh are another since both are unseen after the infiltration of the beasts; I would think Juroimoh will fight back against the beasts and go down fighting while Reg would be rescued by the villagers.
ShanaFlameSep 16, 2022 2:08 AM
Sep 16, 2022 2:25 AM
Jul 2021
commonxreaction said:
Blueberry173 said:

this is not shonen, go back to your trash bin my hero academia and dragon bolls
Sep 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Mar 2016
"I would like for you to enjoy your adventure." 10/10
Sep 16, 2022 9:27 AM
Feb 2021
meh last was better
Sep 16, 2022 9:37 AM
Jan 2018
Really cool, emotional. Shows brutality of the real world as well as the connection between people and how they behave in critical situations
Sep 16, 2022 10:57 AM

Sep 2013
Gah! My stomach felt just like Faputa's in this episode.fricken Kevin Penkin's epic soundtrack crushed the last part of my soul for Faputa
Sep 16, 2022 11:38 AM
Feb 2021
Gaburoon committed all of themselves to Faputa. That scene was hard to watch. Yet another hard-hitting episode, and now the princess has transformed?
Sep 16, 2022 1:13 PM
Sep 2021
The soundtrack is just amazing! I can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 16, 2022 1:43 PM

Aug 2021
Nanachi was wonderful, I appreciate this anime.

Sep 16, 2022 2:27 PM
Jan 2021
fucking godlike!
Sep 16, 2022 3:20 PM
Mar 2019
This went from moving to Brutal, in the blink of an eye.
Great episode.
Sep 16, 2022 3:21 PM
Nov 2019
THIS WAS SO FUCKING EPIC! aahhhhhh I literally cried two times When nanachi appeared like fug the impact the bgm everything is so perfect. Love the scene where everyone want to be part of princess and let her eat them Can't wait for the next episode
Sep 16, 2022 8:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, and here I thought Made in Abyss was about exploring the unknown and dangerous lands below, that's the main attraction of Made in Abyss, I miss it.

Instead I got this stretched dramatic stories of these creatures which speaks weird.

disappointing, just go to 7th layer already, screw that overdramatic village creatures. Even seeing Bondrewd is still 100x more entertaining,

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 16, 2022 9:44 PM

Aug 2015
Rinrinka said:
Oh dear, and here I thought Made in Abyss was about exploring the unknown and dangerous lands below, that's the main attraction of Made in Abyss, I miss it.

Instead I got this stretched dramatic stories of these creatures which speaks weird.

disappointing, just go to 7th layer already, screw that overdramatic village creatures. Even seeing Bondrewd is still 100x more entertaining,

I know that is your personal opinion and I understand it. Maybe you're not enjoying it very much this arc.
This season covers the entire arc of ilblu, that's why they stay for a long time and the next episode which is the final episode, this arc ends, also if they just go quickly through layers the anime would end quickly (even so the manga updates too slow).
Personally, this season is on another level, I like that new characters appear along with the protagonists, and I also loved the narehates too much. And as you see in the ranking, for many reasons it is the anime that is in the highest place this season by far.

PD: Also, I love your forum set so much
Sep 16, 2022 10:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Riot said:
Rinrinka said:

I know that is your personal opinion and I understand it. Maybe you're not enjoying it very much this arc.
This season covers the entire arc of ilblu, that's why they stay for a long time and the next episode which is the final episode, this arc ends, also if they just go quickly through layers the anime would end quickly (even so the manga updates too slow).
Personally, this season is on another level, I like that new characters appear along with the protagonists, and I also loved the narehates too much. And as you see in the ranking, for many reasons it is the anime that is in the highest place this season by far.

PD: Also, I love your forum set so much

This season is decent overall actually, this has both very good parts (Parts before clone mitty appeared) and bad parts (any parts involving mitty and faputa)

it's just because the previous seasons are so good and enjoyable because it was all about adventuring and exploring unknown regions, this season feels like disappointment to me in comparison since Riko and the others just stuck on one place for so long while the anime keeps telling stories about new characters I don't really care. I just wish Riko's group starting to search for 7th layer entrance or something mid season.
Cool ranking, if only that has any meanings to enjoyment but oh well :)

Anyway, if you see this as 11/10 perfect anime then good for you to be able to enjoy this anime to the fullest...

..and thank you :)

Sep 16, 2022 10:30 PM
Jul 2019
AWESOME EPISODE! I was so scared that faputa was going to die but the villagers came in clutch with the value system.

Next episode we will bare witness to faputa's last stand
Sep 17, 2022 6:10 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a bloodbath, I really cannot get used to how gorey this season is, more so than the last one. The metaphoric talk kinda flew past me but I did get emotional while watching the dispute. Now for the long awaited long final episode.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 17, 2022 9:09 AM
May 2017
wow that was so good
Sep 17, 2022 11:09 AM
Sep 2019
fucking love this show
Sep 17, 2022 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
I'm speechless about the last few episodes, damn.
I wonder how could i spoil this 2S to my friends lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 17, 2022 1:21 PM
Aug 2022
This Episode seemed way more rushed and scattered than the other ones. The pacing made it a little uncomfortable to watch
Sep 17, 2022 2:13 PM
Oct 2014
This season has been an incarnation of Karma, and everything is falling into place for balances to exist again.
Sep 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Dec 2018
the deeper they go the less i understand any of this. when the series is over i'll have to do a rewatch of all of it
Sep 17, 2022 5:34 PM

Dec 2018
jTiKey said:
Damn, I am so disappointed in this arc.

The more Faputa shouts out her "motivation" the more believable it gets. She is a one-dimensional character that has nothing but revenge for something she didn't experience. And there's so much focus, and she will most likely be part of the crew.

How did she survive outside where there were even more animals? And the robot surely wasn't stronger than her to protect her.

Nothing in this story makes sense, everything is there just for convenience. All the world-building went from best to worst.

I wish I could delete this season from my memory. Feels like I ordered my favorite food I wanted for a few years, but I got a turd.

i'm starting to get a bit disappointed. there are so many other questions i have that seem to take the back burner to contrived drama. the creator is an obvious sadist. instead of wonderment we get any nonsensical reason for shock and gore.
Sep 17, 2022 5:36 PM
Oct 2018
brilliant brilliant brilliant. A little bit too brutal though. Couldn't finish my meal. Do not eat while watching this episode.
Sep 17, 2022 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
StateofOhayo said:

i'm starting to get a bit disappointed. there are so many other questions i have that seem to take the back burner to contrived drama. the creator is an obvious sadist. instead of wonderment we get any nonsensical reason for shock and gore.

I agree. I'm starting to question if the source material is any good, or if it's just the studio that did a great job adapting it. If they didn't trim the pedo stuff like mushoku tensei did, it be same.
Sep 17, 2022 6:32 PM

Dec 2018
jTiKey said:
StateofOhayo said:

I agree. I'm starting to question if the source material is any good, or if it's just the studio that did a great job adapting it. If they didn't trim the pedo stuff like mushoku tensei did, it be same.

i only read up to the fifth floor, didn't finish though. it was relatively tolerable because there were drips of lore but the larger questions seem to be unanswered and each floor the wonderment and development decrease while gore and tragedy increase. i mean that's one thing but it shouldn't become a slash horror when it could be balanced with some of the earlier themes. i'm too invested now to give up, and there are still some decent moments but i mean how much of this season has been "hey check out these cute creatures now watch them die and btw this has almost no bearing on the plot except for some tenuous thread involving Reg."
Sep 17, 2022 7:01 PM
Jan 2014
Decide the value. Our path is not decided.
Sep 17, 2022 7:06 PM

Dec 2018
Micus1 said:
Decide the value. Our path is not decided.

Most of you guys won't care but for those who do, here is the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry for Value Theory. Just thought it was apropos to the season overall and, in particular, your comment.
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/value-theory/
Sep 17, 2022 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
OH.MY.GOD! This episode is phenomenally surreal gore brutal and disturbing!
And the OST was very impactful.
5/5!

Sep 17, 2022 7:31 PM
Jul 2010
I am really trying to enjoy this arc but there are just so many flaws thrown in your face all the time. I really like the ganja arc but that's about where all the good things come to an end. Character development isn't deep enough for me to care a lot about the characters. Faputa is annoying af, typical one dimensional character. Couldn't care less about her but unfortunately the focus is about her this arc. Vueko is way more interesting but she got sided for some reason with the addition of Belaf and Wazukyan. 3 interesting characters with way too little screen time and development. Arc has been overstaying its welcome and the village just feels kind of empty and uninteresting, since the focus is barely on any of the villagers besides the ones I just mentioned. Had a great premise but weak execution. Bringing Mitty back was a cheap try to make us feel sad again. Irumyuui had barely any development at all so wasn't able to really care for her which is unfortunate because it really could have been something special. It ended up feeling like the author is telling you to "see, another innocent child being treated like shit, just like Mitty, rememeber? Now feel sorry for her!" It just feels forced for some reason, like he's trying to use the same thing over and over again since Mitty. First Mitty, then Prushka and now Irumyuui. What surprises me most of all is how most people seem to think the most disturbing scene in MIA is what happened to Irumyuui. I personally think what happened to Riko in S1, the elevator scene with Mitty or when Reg got experimented on in the movie was way more disturbing and impactful than this.. I guess the reason was because both Prushka and Irumyuui was nothing more than a plot device with almost 0 development which is very unfortunate. Even Kevin Penkins tracks has been very underwhelming and most of the scenes didn't match his music at all imo.. Like in this episode for example. It was very distracting in a bad way imo. I loved his music in S1 and there are a few good new tracks in this season and reused ones but I would personally say that most of his new tracks are pretty forgettable. Don't want to sound like a jerk but I just had so much more expectations after the first season. It has been 5 years of waiting after all... At least a lot of other people seem to enjoy the season and music so that's good for them!

I just hope we end up seeing something else on this layer except for this small village before diving into the 7th layer, but we probably won't.. This is unfortunately a big missed opportunity that already has happened in some of the previous layers as well..
JulleSep 17, 2022 7:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2022 7:36 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
StateofOhayo said:
jTiKey said:
Damn, I am so disappointed in this arc.

The more Faputa shouts out her "motivation" the more believable it gets. She is a one-dimensional character that has nothing but revenge for something she didn't experience. And there's so much focus, and she will most likely be part of the crew.

How did she survive outside where there were even more animals? And the robot surely wasn't stronger than her to protect her.

Nothing in this story makes sense, everything is there just for convenience. All the world-building went from best to worst.

I wish I could delete this season from my memory. Feels like I ordered my favorite food I wanted for a few years, but I got a turd.

I feel the same,
instead of exploring the wonder of the abyss like previous seasons, this current season looks like creator's attempts to stall and stretch the story as much as possible by throwing us some random new characters and more gore just to make this "exciting".

Seriously, this S2 anime almost ends and Riko's group still stuck in the village and havent made any attempts to go to next layer, instead we get to see this screaming beast girl in her habitat like some Animal Documentary.

Sep 17, 2022 7:43 PM

Dec 2018
Rinrinka said:
StateofOhayo said:

I feel the same,
instead of exploring the wonder of the abyss like previous seasons, this current season looks like creator's attempts to stall and stretch the story as much as possible by throwing us some random new characters and more gore just to make this "exciting".

Seriously, this S2 anime almost ends and Riko's group still stuck in the village and havent made any attempts to go to next layer, instead we get to see this screaming beast girl in her habitat like some Animal Documentary.

idk how it's gonna happen but you just know there's going to be a 3 minute "redemption arc" and suddenly they'll just travel together like a whole village wasn't just genocided.
Sep 17, 2022 9:25 PM

Feb 2014
"hey bro what kinda anime do u like" "yea man just like naruto n stuff haha"
let's all love lain
YouTube (schizo anituber):

Sep 17, 2022 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
Just......my heart can't take this show man. It's so fucking good.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 17, 2022 11:08 PM
Jul 2022
Some of y'all expect too much from the exploration side of the manga, layers have never been that big or dense and the creator doesn't give us a clue of the other relics found in some layers, it's just the anime adaptation that give us like a extended universe perspective from each layer but it never goes past that, it's has always been about how do things don't turn out how you expected to be especially if ur greedy
Sep 18, 2022 12:20 AM
May 2022
Rinrinka said:
StateofOhayo said:

I feel the same,

you want a speedrun so bad
Sep 18, 2022 9:47 AM
May 2019
Another amazing ep . Finally Nanachi made her comeback and ofc poor faputa , what a disaster life.
This anime is a masterpice in every way and I think everyone need to rewatch this season in the near future to better understand the story or maybe the whole anime from the begining.
Sep 18, 2022 11:48 AM
Feb 2018
Rinrinka said:
StateofOhayo said:

I feel the same,

They went down not to explore, just to reach the bottom, and if you try to recall S1 they specifically decided to stay on the edge of the vertical shaft to avoid all possible dangerous species. The only "forced" exploration they had was the survival training ordered by Ozen.
Sep 18, 2022 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
Inexplicably, they save you. Feeding you parts of themselves to make you stronger. And you wake up still raging and eat one of their heads. You're different from them how? I am so ready for this season to end, sosu.
Sep 18, 2022 4:41 PM

Apr 2009
StateofOhayo said:

i only read up to the fifth floor, didn't finish though. it was relatively tolerable because there were drips of lore but the larger questions seem to be unanswered and each floor the wonderment and development decrease while gore and tragedy increase. i mean that's one thing but it shouldn't become a slash horror when it could be balanced with some of the earlier themes. i'm too invested now to give up, and there are still some decent moments but i mean how much of this season has been "hey check out these cute creatures now watch them die and btw this has almost no bearing on the plot except for some tenuous thread involving Reg."

damn, this is sad. First time seeing a 10/10 anime go down so quickly and painfully.
Sep 18, 2022 7:03 PM

Dec 2018
jTiKey said:
StateofOhayo said:

damn, this is sad. First time seeing a 10/10 anime go down so quickly and painfully.

lol i guess you never say darling in the franxx
anyways, i'm hoping for redemption but i won't hold my breath.
it's odd; i'm a creator myself. but this is one of the rare things where i wish someone would rip it from his hands and develop it. otherwise, and i don't know how it ends, i'm afraid it will languish into obscurity.
i like you dude you seem to kinda have the same reservations i do. idk if you're a writer too but at least you have taste.
Sep 18, 2022 8:19 PM

Aug 2015
Rinrinka said:
StateofOhayo said:

I feel the same,

Keep in mind that the voice actors are doing a good job, especially Kuno Misaki who plays Faputa, keep in mind that the animation that Kinema Citrus is adapting is very much on another level, also another detail is the new soundtracks that Kevin Penkin is composing and that too is very tiring. Both the voice actors, the animation studio, Kevin Penkin and all the other staff are making one of the best adaptations of the entire year.

It's okay that you didn't like this season just because they're not going to explore and that's it, I have no complains and I get it. But take into account all that effort that is making it in the top 25 overall.
Sep 18, 2022 9:57 PM
Mar 2018
Touching scene ever
Sep 18, 2022 10:39 PM
Apr 2022
Idk what to type here, so i'll just put some crap here:
Hi I'm Saul Badman. Did you know that you didn't have rights? The Constitution says you don't. And so do I. I believe that until proven innocent, every man, woman, and child in this country is guilty. And that's why I don't fight for you, Albuquerque! Better not call Saul. Saul Badman, not an attorney
Sep 18, 2022 11:50 PM

Feb 2011
Ending got some tears out of me.

Sickening to see 31 asspies rated this episode a 1.

Easy 5/5

Sep 19, 2022 1:18 AM

Aug 2018
Bro this episode was a banger like the previous 2
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.