Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are out on Crunchyroll.

It's a lot more relaxing as an episode compared to the tense competition and emotional content from the main series. Lol @ the idol jokes. I knew this would have more humor than usual.

Masaki and the 8 principles of shooting...I see he's still knowledgable as ever. Those are some nice shirts
Apr 30, 2019 4:15 PM

Dec 2016
Really solid special, also it was nice seeing my archer boys again
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 30, 2019 5:41 PM

Mar 2018
It was good. “They look identical outside of their hairstyles.” can’t believe they actually said it lol.
Apr 30, 2019 11:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The idol guy was sort of cringey and annoying to watch, but I did like the parts where Masaki taught the kids. The "ego annihilation" concept was really interesting.
May 1, 2019 1:22 AM

Mar 2016
The title was a pun, but not a good one.

I know extra episodes are usually not good, and those—made by KyoAni—are even worse. But, this was too bad even for KyoAni. Or, maybe I am just used to the whole idol thing.
May 1, 2019 6:02 AM

Nov 2018
I thought it was really funny, heartwarming episode
May 1, 2019 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
Another Ka-chan calling people extras, Bakugou much, XD
I wasn't really feeling the idol thing but it was good to see the boys again.
Would have much preferred a beach episode though.
removed-userMay 1, 2019 7:09 AM
May 1, 2019 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
It's nice to see these guys again, especially Masa-san, after a while. Noririn's fan was really annoying, but also funny and it's kind of admirable how he stayed true to his devotion. lol The twins still have an attitude problem, but even though it was mean, I laughed with them each time I saw them laughing at his antics in the background. xD Well, it was all canceled in the end, but now the two teams got closer. Nice special!
May 4, 2019 5:17 PM

Oct 2015
Daigo is an interesting dude and funny too. The twins were having a blast on his behalf and it was so fun to watch.

Too bad Noririn canceled because I really wanted to see the showcase. But nonetheless the encounter was both beneficial to Kirisaki and Kazemai as they got trained by Masa and learned a bit, especially about love.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 6, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
How can a single show have so many unlikable characters..?
May 6, 2019 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see another Tsurune episode. That idol fan was both funny and cringe at the same time, lol.

Masa-san is still as sexy as ever, of course.

May 8, 2019 8:59 PM

Jul 2016
Back then, when I watched the first PV of this Special, I already thought it would be mediocre at best but man, this was really bad I mean, if they wanted an excuse to have the two clubs being together, I think they could have thought of something way better than the Idol thing...

I also didn't understand why they gave so much focus to a character I couldn't care less such as the idol fanboy, what an insufferable guy for God's sake... and here I thought Onogi was annoying but somehow, this guy ended up being as much annoying as him but in a whole different aspect.

Leaving that aside, I have to say that the "ego annihilation" concept was indeed interesting to hear but it wasn't something really remarkable either. Not to mention that the previous explanation of "falling in love" and its relation to Kyuudo made the scene feel forced in my opinion.

That said, this was a pretty bland and disappointing Special overall. 3/10
May 12, 2019 3:18 AM

Nov 2007
Idol fan is passionate. After knowing that it's the coach wanting, he's judging him if he's suitable for collaborating with the idol. Thus both teams listening to his lecture.

Love (or rather, the feeling like falling in love) is needed for Japanese archery (Gyuudo)?

Then practice together (no serious fighting).

Then a contact to reject the case for the idol's schedule cannot fit.

OP & ED same as TV series.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2019 8:53 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Surprised to see a few hate comments here, I thought this was a pretty good episode personally. Somehow, the episode just flowed so naturally from start to finish so props to the team for that.

God, that idol fan sure was passionate and annoying. Couldn't help but snort and cringe multiple times this episode, lol. Masa-san's got a really high tolerance to be able to stand that xD. Seiya with the "they look identical aside from the hairstyles" jab was hilarious too, I was expecting a brawl to light up instantly.

Masa-san's shot and the immediate reactions from that were gold though, I've to say. Always love to see such moments! A little unconvinced by the talk about "love", or rather "falling in love", however but I feel like I kind of got what he meant or maybe not. I don't even know, lol.

Funny how the project just got cancelled anyway, I suppose this is what mostly happens irl anyway. Damn, those shirts though xD.
_MushiRock11_Dec 15, 2019 8:56 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 1, 2020 5:39 AM

Mar 2018
It was okay...oh and Masaki got it wrong that Shu was never in love before and I am sure he knows that ;-)
Oct 26, 2020 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
Eh... that guy was so annoying!
Please tell me IRL idol fans aren't like that.

This could be really nice episode, but that idol guy totally ruined it.
Nov 3, 2020 4:45 PM
Oct 2018
That was a nice episode, tho I really wanted to see the idol girl.
May 31, 2021 9:36 PM

Aug 2017
3 years after I finished the main series, I could watch this OVA.

Masaki teaching the other students was pretty nice. I wonder if they're going to release a second season.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 10, 2022 7:46 AM

Aug 2020
Very fun and enjoyable. Love this show so much

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 16, 2022 2:13 AM

Feb 2020
Well, this was a little boring episode to be honest. Also, we didn't get to see Noririn due to her busy schedule. :( That was a big disappointment.
Oct 2, 2022 10:53 PM

Aug 2019
that was a hilarious episode

I loved seeing both of the team interacting with one another
Jan 9, 2023 6:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Too bad we didn't get the idol in the end
Jan 24, 2023 11:03 PM

Oct 2015
There is always tension between Seiya and Shuu lol! Minato, you playboy! XD

As a fan of kpop idols, I do understand where that fanboy was coming from. Although he is really extreme lmao!

Too bad Noririn couldn't make it. I wanted to see her, too. TvT
   HuaLian <3

More topics from this board

» Tension

apep23 - Jan 13, 2019

2 by apep23 »»
Jan 18, 2019 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.