Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wasn't gonna make a topic but the uniforms that Toki's men were wearing look almost identical to the DBZ uniforms worn by Frieza's men and Vegeta...also that Hobbs guy was just like Goku with his Nyoibo but they're both based on Son Goku from Journey To The West I guess :P
Oct 18, 2012 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
What a bizarre episode. Why is Ken so brutal toward the arm-wrestler? Ken's slaughter and maiming always has a draconian notion of justice behind him but the guy wasn't doing anything more than being obnoxious. He wasn't even hustling people because no one was foolish enough to challenge the giant to a contest of strength.

And then some of those henchmen guys stumble out of the bar and explode (when did they enter? They just seemed appear at one point), but in the previous scene they seemed terrified of Ken. Surely they didn't attack him in that situation? Did Ken just kill them all? Why? He didn't have any way to know that they were Toki's soldiers.

Furthermore, who's the say Toki didn't brainwash them into being his minions with Hokuto Shin Ken? It can apparently do anything so who's the say those men aren't blameless? That would be an interesting dilemma for Ken to face, actually, and it'd express how monstrously powerful the knowledge is and why it must only be known by a single carefully-chosen successor.

Some of the faces looked kind of weird in this episode, too. Low budget rearing its head?
Jan 10, 2013 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
Zell182 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I wasn't gonna make a topic but the uniforms that Toki's men were wearing look almost identical to the DBZ uniforms worn by Frieza's men and Vegeta...also that Hobbs guy was just like Goku with his Nyoibo but they're both based on Son Goku from Journey To The West I guess :P

Yeah i noticed that too. Wait this was made before Dragonball right?
Jan 10, 2013 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Zell182 said:

Yeah i noticed that too. Wait this was made before Dragonball right?

It says the Hokuto no Ken manga started in 1983-1988 and dragonball started in 1984-1995 but I'd guess this part of the story with toki appeared in HnK before Vegeta shows up in dragonball
Jul 17, 2014 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Dam Ken that was pretty brutal, keep it coming! :D
Aug 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Even though I am a True Dragon Ball Fan I must admit that it took numerous things from Hokuto No Ken which predated it.
Mar 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2008
Toki is already dead.
Nov 15, 2017 1:50 AM

Mar 2010
This episode mainly served to show the abilities of Toki. That Habu (Hobbs) guy on the pole was hilarious, the arm breaking shocking. Not the best episode but fairly ok.
Feb 14, 2018 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
Kenshiro just got a nice little pet on a stick, what a lucky guy xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 24, 2019 4:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That arm wrestling was epic lol
Dec 24, 2019 1:33 AM

Jul 2015
So I guess Toki has changed to evil, seeing him do the human experimentation

Mar 21, 2020 3:17 PM

Mar 2017
Dang, dummy hunters are a scary thought. Toki is one twisted mofo.

Not that Ken was much kinder this episode xD

Jan 12, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
Hobbs looks like a gnome from WoW, pink hair and mustache included. I love how Ken is just carrying him around like a monkey on a stick. Still curious as to why Toki has turned into a bad guy.

Lynn has fallen in with some new people, but honestly I don't really care. My guess is that she'll probably end up in Toki's hands, one way or the other.

Aug 31, 2022 4:55 AM
Sep 2021
Toki me da que algo le paso y se volvió loco pero bueno seguire viendo para descubrirlo.
Jun 12, 8:14 AM

Jan 2018
Wow. Even in the post-apocalypse, there are people kind enough to save a little girl when they might not have enough for themselves. Or maybe they just thought they found a new slave lol.

I like how this anime even though it's very formulaic still finds new ways to do the same formula. It's very fun to watch. Kenshiro beating that very unfair arm wrestler was good and him fighting that small guy was very satisfying as always.

It seems like Ken will face Toki in the next episode already. I guess the several episodes of build-up from the first arc won't happen again. In a way, that's good. Instead of dragging one arc for too long, it may be better to keep introducing new big villains with new shorter arcs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.