Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that escalated quickly. From a cute kid digimon to a monster hurling rocks at the Taichi and the others...yikes.

Amusing episode imo, especially the Joe moments. Looks like he even made a new friend.
Mar 6, 2021 7:01 PM

Feb 2019
Joe got some great shine this week, really fun episode, love the new Ed too!
Marinate1016Mar 6, 2021 7:30 PM
Mar 6, 2021 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sorry but the potato joke stopped being funny immediately.

Still prefer the 3rd ED, but this one looks nice too. All 4 EDs have some of the best looking shots in the show. Wonder why we still don't get the 2nd OP yet.

It's this episode that makes me realize how slow the plot progression was. We're 39 episodes in, and so far we're only scratching the surface of the main story. It's been fights after fights after fights that rarely amounted to anything. By this time in the og Adventure, we're already at the end of the Myotismon arc.
Mar 6, 2021 8:22 PM

May 2011
I finished watching episode 38 and honestly I feel this will be one of those filler episodes that exist just to exist. Is there anything worth checking in this episode? although with this remake after 38 episodes, I am just underwhelmed and bored about it.
Mar 6, 2021 8:37 PM
Sep 2015
This is the first non-serious episode of this reboot, and the next one is also non-serious too. We had been in non-stop fight since the first episode so it's good to relax for now. There are many more non-serious episodes in previous Digimon anime.
Mar 6, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 2021
Well This is Good Episode For Joe's Development. Still have 27 Episode Left
Mar 6, 2021 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
This is the first non-serious episode of this reboot, and the next one is also non-serious too. We had been in non-stop fight since the first episode so it's good to relax for now. There are many more non-serious episodes in previous Digimon anime.

OG Adventure doesn't have a single episode that doesn't feel serious or important to the plot progression. But 02 did have some at the beginning.
Mar 6, 2021 10:10 PM
Sep 2015
SoldierDream said:
phantomfandom said:

OG Adventure doesn't have a single episode that doesn't feel serious or important to the plot progression. But 02 did have some at the beginning.

What about episode 33? "Pump and Gotsu are Shibuya-Type Digimon"

Oh look like I'm not the only one who think this reboot need filler
https://www.cbr.com/digimon-adventure-2020-needs-filler/
Mar 6, 2021 10:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was a bit silly with the fast food and potatoes, but at least Joe had some good moments.
Also new ending? it's pretty good but I prefer the previous one, and next episode seems to be about football xD
Mar 6, 2021 10:28 PM

Oct 2017
This was a pretty silly and fun episode. Potatobud lol.
Mar 6, 2021 11:26 PM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:

It was a filler but it was well-integrated into the real world arc and despite the mischievous personalities of Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon who just wanted to have fun towards the end it was definitely serious shit going on, with even Angemon making his comeback fighting along Weregarurumon against Myotismon. Given all that I wouldn't consider it as a light episode for silly, irrelevant fun whatsoever.
Mar 7, 2021 12:06 AM
Sep 2015
SoldierDream said:
phantomfandom said:

It was a filler but it was well-integrated into the real world arc and despite the mischievous personalities of Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon who just wanted to have fun towards the end it was definitely serious shit going on, with even Angemon making his comeback fighting along Weregarurumon against Myotismon. Given all that I wouldn't consider it as a light episode for silly, irrelevant fun whatsoever.

When you mention Angemon I realized that this episode also have Angewoman appear and even reveal that her power 'holy arrow' can give a 'purifying aura' to other digimon's weapon (Zudomon) instead of just aiming directly at the enemy.
Mar 7, 2021 12:24 AM

Jul 2015
Awful episode overall...
Mar 7, 2021 1:11 AM

Jan 2009
looks like this past few episodes and the next one too will be all slice of life or none serious story for now, well understandable since this show is none stop fighting the villains
Mar 7, 2021 2:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This was probably the dumbest premise for an episode so far. At least it became entertaining by the end with Joe using Zudomon's hammer, but it wasn't good overall. There's no point to these kind of episodes if the majority of the cast isn't interesting and the story is where it is by this point. If you haven't watched it yet, you can probably skip it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 7, 2021 3:06 AM

Jul 2017
FINALLY, everyone gets A GODDAMN BREAK. ABOUT TIME for fillers such as these which felt like the OG in every essence (y'know, Digimon Adventures?)

Joe took the lead this episode well wih some potato hell. Sure is cringy with the fries analogy, but having Potamon around makes for a 1+1 potato bud duo.

Not surprised that Potamon would evolve into Jyagamon just to rant about the loss of potatoes, and Joe even cleansed it up nicely, as part of a leader's traits.

The new ED has the spirit of the 1st ED, and looks good...albeit sounding quite strange.
Mar 7, 2021 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
And next week we continue with another filler...? Why?
Mar 7, 2021 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
Joe, one of the best characters from the original being reduced to an absolute joke as he obsesses over french fries. Expected nothing less. Honestly, wtf are they trying to do with this reboot? The original was so much more mature in the execution of its characters that I can't believe they are actually trying to appeal to the old fans with this dumbassery. Should have just been a completely original series, then it could have gotten a 2/10 from me maybe. Just lmao
Mar 7, 2021 10:24 AM
Feb 2020
Episodes are filler, and also not centered around Taichi
There should be more to this story and there just isn't
Mar 7, 2021 3:39 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't keep watching the episode after it ended, so I can't write anything about the new ED and the next episode. But I can write about this one, and one word comes to mind: "Filler". As some of the comments above are pointing out, there's very little development in this episode and many things are left unexplained, some examples:

+ why there is human food in the DigiWorld? I do understand the connection between both worlds, but where are the cows that supply the main ingridient of a hamburger? Are the Children eating other Digimons, too? When a Digimon eats another Digimon, we see the eaten digimon decomposed into bits. It doesn't seem the case here.

+ So Digimons can shinka on there own out of frustration... ok, but why it didn't revert to "normal" when the fight ended? If the new form is sustained through emotion, when they aren't fighting, all the digimon should return to their default status.

+ Also the fight was basically the Children and their partners dealing with the tantrum of a Digimon that couldn't eat its favourite food... again why are there potatoes in the Digiworld?

I think the episode could have been better if the tantruming digimon evolved out of frustration throught the power of darkness or something like it related to Milleniummon's return.
ZenielDanakuMar 7, 2021 3:48 PM
Mar 8, 2021 5:41 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao this is weird Potamon eating French Fries...
Potato eating Potato, isn't this Cannibalism? Lol

I like Joe Strategy using the Bubble Soap from Lunamon.
But in the end of the battle when Joe suddenly using Zudomon Hammer, that shit is ridiculous... Wtf was that lmao

If they just makes Zudomon do the final blow i will completely fine with that...

Overall didn't progress any plot at all, feel like this episode means nothing to the Main Storyline...
Mar 8, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
I knew this was gonna be a filler episode just by its name, and I'm fine with some filler in long running shows but man... What is up with this writing? It just keeps getting worse.

The main plot was so cheap and lazy filled with plot conveniences. Like come on! At least make it SEEM like you care! Even for a kids show it was dumb.

Joe has been such an annoying whiny drama queen the whole show. Why did they have to make him this obnoxious? He wasn't one of my favorite characters in the original but he was fine, I liked him. In this one I just feel sorry for Gomamon that has to deal with him.
Mar 8, 2021 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Episode was more focused on Joe, I really liked the plot of the episode.
Mar 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Jul 2016
Meh episode, I don't even care about it overall but at least the cast finally got to have some break after all those non-stop action in the past episodes lol, they should have do this way earlier back after everyone archived their ultimate evolutions.

Unrelated to the topic, how comes people still not able to tell the differences between "filler" and "slice of life" episodes when this anime wasn't adapted from any sources?
Mar 9, 2021 11:18 AM

Aug 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Unrelated to the topic, how comes people still not able to tell the differences between "filler" and "slice of life" episodes when this anime wasn't adapted from any sources?

Maybe because we don't expect slice of life from a series that it is not tagged as such. I mean, I expect slice of life from a series like K-on!, but Digimon is historically more plot-focused, so any episode that doesn't move the plot feels like filler. A more acurate term would be "padding" since, as you put it, there is no source material to deviate from, though.
Mar 13, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
What the heck was that? I'm done with this show.
Mar 13, 2021 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
Show is on break this week. No new episode.
Mar 14, 2021 11:33 AM

Jul 2008
Joe is the leader because...potatoes.
Mar 22, 2021 7:08 PM

May 2008
.......why. This gave me such Frontier vibes (which had a similar hamburger ep), but somehow they did it worse. At least in Frontier, the threat didn't take up half the ep and the creation of their personal hamburgers helped showcase bits of the character personalities. And this ep is most likely to copy the famous "how do you like your eggs" from Adventure...

Except, like with the last ep this proves that the reboot doesn't truly understand the purpose of such eps. Yes, we got a bit of Jyou's personality here (he loves fries because for some reason they're the only food he can sneak out and eat without his parents knowing, probably because they're cheap). But, we don't see the rest of the group talk about their opinions and thus creating some kind of bond, nope they just watch silently with gaping blank expressions waiting for their lines. And again, it's one small scene in an entire ep of pointless filler. Are we really at the point where the anime needs fluff because there's not enough plot to stretch out 66 eps? How much got cut from the original script, geez.

Why did we need a drawn out fight? If this was gonna be his Ultimate ep, okay, but it's not even about that. This entire ep could have been better served with minimal to no fighting, just focusing on the group dynamics and their favorite foods.

The purpose of filler shouldn't be to waste time. It should be used as a chance to explore the characters/setting beyond what the plot can give.

The best bits are:
1) Tailmon trying understand Jyou's role (finally something that doesn't involve Hikari)
2) Seeing Yamato not help wash, just holding up Takeru lol

The new ED is okay, but why don't we get to see Yamato and Jyou in their pjs? This freaking show keeps gypping me over and over.

ZenielDanaku said:
+ So Digimons can shinka on there own out of frustration... ok, but why it didn't revert to "normal" when the fight ended? If the new form is sustained through emotion, when they aren't fighting, all the digimon should return to their default status.

The reboot is probably following the og's concept of the world where wild digimon, once evolved, can't really de-evolve. It's implied in og that returning to a lower evolution is a feature of the digivices since they help boost evolution rather it happening naturally. It's sorta how Agumon-tachi can't stick around in their Baby II forms for long and can evolve on their own with enough food by the end of 02. It'd take a lot more use of energy for the digimon to de-evolve than what's shown here.

Not defending this show, rather just guessing.
SakariiMar 22, 2021 7:18 PM
Mar 24, 2021 7:03 AM

Feb 2015
I'm a little bit late to the party this time, so I won't do the more elaborate review I'm normally doing on every episode of this show. @Sakarii pretty much said everything I'd say anyway :D

The location and use of different Digimon in this episode were nice, but the execution and Jyou's obsession with fries really brought it down.

One thing tho:
It's funny to see everyone complain about a filler episode, even though all the one-off enemy digimon fights were filler as well - just action filler instead of sol filler (which is worse, cause it doesn't even do anything for character development).

Having said that, I definitely like the SoL fillers more than the braindead fights. I'm also glad Jyou got the spotlight (even though he was rather annoying). The fight in this episode was pretty dumb and kinda ruined everything cause it was unnecessary (as usual) - especially when Jyou used Zudomons hammer himself... oof.
The episode took itself way to seriously as soon as the fight started. They really brought out Zudomon AND Angewomon to fight a big potato.

I love the new ED!
Both aesthetically and musically :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Mar 24, 2021 8:05 AM

Aug 2017
StormxNightmare said:
just action filler instead of sol filler

"Sol Filler"? what's that?
Mar 24, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2015
ZenielDanaku said:
StormxNightmare said:
just action filler instead of sol filler

"Sol Filler"? what's that?

Slice of Life - in short "SoL" :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Apr 21, 2021 6:14 PM
Jul 2016
"The potato ring was restored!"

As someone who played ZoE2, somehow I find this incredibly humorous.
Aug 15, 2021 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
Nooo Potamon evolved into that ugly thing..... he was so cute too. Wish he stayed like that.

Feb 12, 2022 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
This was surprisingly non-serious episode.
Sep 7, 2022 1:13 PM
Jun 2012
True friend theme is alwayas on time.
Sep 4, 2023 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
new english ending? I wasn't expecting that at all, thought it'd just be the one OP & ED for the English dub.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 20, 10:58 PM
Nov 2019
I dunno what to say about this one. It was just ok.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.