Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Jul 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm,so they are gonna do elections within medieval setting when almost all of NPC(people of land) support new duke,I must say I am interested in who will win
Jan 27, 2021 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
The idea that Shiroe's aid is seeked to help with a government issue really goes to show how important he is this season. I mean, invited to join the Akiba Government...

Tbh, I think his character role really bought out a lot of of his personality already this season, more so than I had expected.
Stark700Jan 27, 2021 5:34 AM
Jan 27, 2021 5:32 AM

Apr 2019
Didn't expect Rayneshia to show up herself. Getting the people of the land involved this time might be a good idea. Wonder how the election will go?

Jan 27, 2021 5:33 AM

Nov 2007
That guy talking about how the roundtable is already broken and the thought of it to be rid off is strong.

Different purpose? Main guy agrees.

He wants to include main guy to do things in alternative way.

Girls talk makes the lady who was used for political marriage realize her work was important and doesn't want to get stolen.

Other two judge main guy's worth. Rich people are the bad people, but that scary face rich guy working to stop it?

The lady appeared as a part of the roundtable and wanting to get involved.

Battle between roundtable or not (by voting)? Election, huh.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 27, 2021 5:34 AM

Sep 2019
They already showed Rayneshia in that outfit in the OP but the scene where she showed up looked so good with the ost. So they're going to do an election, that's the best way to settle it without shedding blood I guess.
Jan 27, 2021 6:20 AM

Oct 2017
Leave it Shiroe to make the best choice available there. An election seems really interesting. Specially since everyone from this world was so happy that they finally have a duke in Akiba but now Eins is gonna go against Raynesia in an election. Really excited to find out how Shiroe will lead Raynesia to victory.
Jan 27, 2021 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
oh wow this episode was really interesting, glad rayneshia declined. also, wtf is this animation...
Jan 27, 2021 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
Shiroe pulled the democracy card in this world. It will be interesting to see how this will unfold.

Jan 27, 2021 7:11 AM
Nov 2016
2077 said:
oh wow this episode was really interesting, glad rayneshia declined. also, wtf is this animation...

mediocre animation has never been a problem for me with this series. I'd rather have more log horizon episodes than better animated episodes.
Jan 27, 2021 7:39 AM

Feb 2019
Rayneshia looked so stunning in that outfit! Good setup episode, but not gonna lie some of the dialogue lost me a bit. There was so much of it I felt a bit overwhelmed. I hope I’m not alone on that front. I’ll probably have to rewatch to understand everything that’s going on with Eins better.

Jan 27, 2021 7:44 AM
Nov 2016
actually, I want an anime about urban planning
Jan 27, 2021 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
Hell yeah! The tournament episode next. I'm impressed that the episode feel so fast/enjoyful even with just world building talk. Log Horizon is truly the dream TTRPG campaign.
Jan 27, 2021 8:01 AM
Sep 2019
this is getting more and more interesting.
Jan 27, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2014
Classic log horizon politics hype
Jan 27, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Rayneshia looked so stunning in that outfit! Good setup episode, but not gonna lie some of the dialogue lost me a bit. There was so much of it I felt a bit overwhelmed. I hope I’m not alone on that front. I’ll probably have to rewatch to understand everything that’s going on with Eins better.

Same here. Felt like we missed something crucial in all that discussion.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 27, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2020
So the vote will decide whether Eins and the Akiba Government will rule Akiba or if the Round Table Conference will become a form of government lead by Rayneshia.

If Eins wins, wouldn't he become the official leader of Akiba while being the Saiguu's family's puppet?

I still feel like a war or large scale raid will break out. There's always been a few in the past Log Horizon seasons.
Jan 27, 2021 9:12 AM

Feb 2008
2077 said:

Nothing animated here. This is a static image.
Jan 27, 2021 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
SidVicious said:
2077 said:

Nothing animated here. This is a static image.

well yknow what i mean
Jan 27, 2021 9:37 AM
Mar 2018
Great another boring ass episode...
Jan 27, 2021 11:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite his appointment as duke looks like in his heart Eins was also battling the same pressure that Shiroe did. Managing large guilds when living inside the game sure is very different when it was still a game. Running such a large guild like DDD must have been a nightmare. While disbanding it will be sad the individual guilds that came from it will still be united. Looks like the empire is full of warmongers as expected though. Rayneshia's dramatic entrance to the meeting sure was fun. While joining the Akiba government will be a good move its nice that Shiroe thanks to Raynesia's determination was able to come up with another option. But the stakes as ever look pretty high with no less than averting a war being on the table. But in the end im glad that Rayneshia was able to find her own path forward.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Can the princess and Krusty just get together and smash that like button already! Damn, I mean they keep saying how she's so politicly old already and her ass isn't gonna be worth slapping anymore once she becomes all dried up at the disgustingly old age of 17.
Krusty just needs to fly up to her and give her the ole one two donkey punch and then make her white hair whiter using his backed up baby batter! It's been a long trip for krusty y'all, he's probably ready to wet dream the shit out of his armor....if he hasn't done the midnight wedding press with Kanami and that maid already.
Jan 27, 2021 1:57 PM
Sep 2016
These 3 episodes have proven why we love Log Horizon this much.

Each episode has delivered us exactly that what Log Horizon promised.

I am superbly satisfied with the content as I see value in each interaction.

Some people have dumbed down to enjoy this show but you need to have a big brain to enjoy shows like Death Note, Code Geass and Log Horizon.
Behind the action there is an entire plot that smooth brain impostors simply can't comprehend.
Jan 27, 2021 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Good to see that Rayneshia came to the conclusion to not marry that dude after talking to the girls. Quite surprised this is going really political, election included. Guess we'll see how that goes next week... Also, really needs more Akatsuki..

2077 said:

That's called Studio Deen quality... unfortunately.
Jan 27, 2021 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
Really enjoyed this episode.

Raynesia also looked stunning when she appeared suddenly at the end.

DDD "breaking" to form an alliance of guilds is also an interesting idea.

Look forward to DEMOCRACY next episode.
Jan 27, 2021 7:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, that was quite long to be the exposition episode, a lot of explanatory, with one solid conclusion.

An election. Holy hell, or the sake of getting one of those absolute word, they spent 22 minutes of normal duration time, such a crazy plot. I am sweating like child hearing those heavy dialogues. Lmao.

So, its true. Rayneshia entered the round table conference, as the real representative of the npc. She was not just a mere ambassador of Eastal League. She began to fully in charge to occupied the highest positions in Yamato, the ruler herself for both adventurers, and the People of the Land. These episode might turn into another turmoil. However, its at least settled Shiroe doubt that somehow, began to form into that points. Then, he concluded, to will always fight his idealism, as the part of round table conference, until the end. What a tireful play, bun perfectly ended up in a good hype, to be honestly. Thats really well done end. No matter how bored i am to the rest of the episode duration. Its a truth. Lol. But, well, i managed to survive.

So, without any more phrase, lets see how well their first election ever, begin, at those fantasy game world. Such an excitement.....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 27, 2021 11:57 PM

Nov 2020
things i didn't expect in 2021: being excited about an election

let's fucking go bois
Jan 28, 2021 3:17 AM

Oct 2008
too many politics for my small dull brain...
2/5.

Jan 28, 2021 3:21 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
NachoMist said:

let's fucking go bois

Haha!

I'm sort of confused why so many viewers are popping up complaining about the lack of action. Log Horizon was never a high action series in my mind; it is a political drama with action on the side. I figured anyone who had watched the 50 episodes from the first two seasons to get to this point would have realized that, but I suppose not? Did I have an odd opinion of this show or am I just letting trolls and whiners confuse me?
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jan 28, 2021 6:26 AM

Mar 2012
gaussian_ said:
NachoMist said:

let's fucking go bois

Haha!

I'm sort of confused why so many viewers are popping up complaining about the lack of action. Log Horizon was never a high action series in my mind; it is a political drama with action on the side. I figured anyone who had watched the 50 episodes from the first two seasons to get to this point would have realized that, but I suppose not? Did I have an odd opinion of this show or am I just letting trolls and whiners confuse me?

I could not agree more.

People complaining the lack of action and fantasy when it never focused on that does make u question why are they even here?

Log Horizon always focused more on world building, Political moves and character interactions and i love it for that so anyone here that is still complain about it should of stopped watching it long ago. It is even more ironic considering in a lot of the s2 forums the lack of political action was what a lot of people complained back when it aired so i am asking why the 180 now?

I can't wait to see where the series will go next as this has been a treat and i also think people have not be rating it fairly. this is even lower than s2 score, it should def be higher.
Jan 28, 2021 7:51 AM
Oct 2019
Ohh hell yeah Round Table isn't over yet...

Let's decided it with Democracy way: Election!!!
Akiba Government or Round Table will rule over Akiba???

Also Princess Rayneshia coming in with Round Table outfit, that's dope...

Why do people complain about being boring? Are you not aware after 2 season, Log Horizon was focused more of the world building, Political moves and Character Interactions???
davidyodo24Jan 28, 2021 8:00 AM
Jan 28, 2021 8:00 AM
Oct 2019
2077 said:

I didn't even noticed that at all
Jan 28, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2020
gaussian_ said:
NachoMist said:

let's fucking go bois

Haha!

literally the most badass scene in the show so far (in my opinion at least) is still Shiroe's reveal about buying the bank

action is for nerds
Jan 28, 2021 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
it's election time again baby ,honestly despite my great efforts in trying to enjoy this i keep pretending i know whats going on because im far too lazy to rewatch the old season...still boggles my mind they didn't bother with a recap
Jan 28, 2021 8:32 PM

Mar 2016
Please don't tell me about elections because this is a electoral year in my country and everything is a damn mess
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Sep 2020
is it just me, who think Reyneshia's mother actually dont want her daughter to marry westelande noble?
i mean, everytime she appears, she keep asking and complaining about why Krusty not meet with her yet. typically in Medieval kingdom setting, mother who want to wed her daughter as political pawn dont want to meet with the daughter's (secret) lover for various reason, this is opposite of that.

so i (want to at least) believe this arranged marriage is just her mother trying to provoke her daughter to stand on her own and refuse if she dont want it and prefer with adventurer (krusty) instead. also since the man who took her before is nowhere to be seen
Jan 29, 2021 12:26 AM

Apr 2018
Reyneshia coming at the end was a huge clutch. Can't wait for the election tho, this will be great.
Jan 30, 2021 8:41 PM
Mar 2012
Reyneshia & Krusty part was pretty nice over cake... and much grapes...
Prince Tori sounds quite reasonable, clarified the wider world building. And Eins & Shiroe both want to improve Akiba. Amazing Shiroe goes from job offer discussion to.... election, via accepting a Reyneshia quest.
Jan 30, 2021 9:14 PM

Jan 2015
I can't wait to see how dirty the election becomes. They are already letting NPCs vote. Will a necromancer appear to bring the dead to the polls? Just imagine all the ways magic could be used to stuff the ballot boxes....
Jan 31, 2021 7:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Elections are a really interesting idea to be honest, I can't wait to see how it will be
Feb 1, 2021 6:54 PM
Jul 2016
gaussian_ said:
NachoMist said:

let's fucking go bois

Haha!

5 year hiatus and its grand re-entrance is just dialogue dumps on some basis that everyone is aware of what happened 5 years ago when they watched or have the same enthusiasm. Its not trolls, i came to wanting to watch and be excited for a well thought out anime. That doesn't mean it is incapable of being boring or what-not. I loved all it built, but 5+ years later..... it needs to make me care again and this isn't a great way to do it as you can see by split reactions.
Feb 3, 2021 3:10 AM
Mar 2018
Was that flashback for Nyanta on the train the first time we've seen action this season?

This is such a hard watch, I understand it's been years, so I've stick around until the end hopefully.

Feb 4, 2021 12:11 AM

Apr 2009
For a figurehead, the prince looks to be reasonable guy.

Oh boy, the sweet, sweet can of worms called democracy! I wonder how the medieval people of the Land are gonna accept an even older (real world Ancient Greek) concept of democracy?

ProtoJoto said:
I can't wait to see how dirty the election becomes. They are already letting NPCs vote. Will a necromancer appear to bring the dead to the polls? Just imagine all the ways magic could be used to stuff the ballot boxes....
LOL I almost cried laughing because it's so relatable even in real life. It happens far and few in between but when the local voter's list was not revalidated thoroughly by the election body some dead people gets to vote in elections in my country which I am ashamed to mention. Ughhh. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 5, 2021 4:33 PM
Jul 2016
Besotted said:
ItsBritneyBitch said:

5 year hiatus and its grand re-entrance is just dialogue dumps on some basis that everyone is aware of what happened 5 years ago when they watched or have the same enthusiasm. Its not trolls, i came to wanting to watch and be excited for a well thought out anime. That doesn't mean it is incapable of being boring or what-not. I loved all it built, but 5+ years later..... it needs to make me care again and this isn't a great way to do it as you can see by split reactions.

If you can't follow what's going on, it's hardly the fault of the series. You can always rewatch it or read episode summaries.
Far from uncommon for there to be large gaps between seasons of anime anyway. Just look at the 4 year gap between AOT S1 and S2.

The real problem isn't any of that, but that the politics aren't well handled.
It doesn't really make sense that the adventurers are bargaining with the people of the land to start with. Even if a huge portion of agriculture comes from the people of the land, what would that matter to a bunch of undying, extremely powerful adventurers?
In general everything is contrived and obnoxious (especially if they're gonna start bringing democracy into this).

Well that even brings another topic of how memorable was Log Horizon. Even after the gap of AOT S1 and S2, i didnt have to rewatch anything to remind myself what happened.
Feb 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Apr 2020
Good Shiroe, the right way is by voting
Feb 7, 2021 3:28 AM

Mar 2010
Really hope Rayneshia will wait for Crusty. Lots of dialogue this episode.End was amazing.
StardewFeb 7, 2021 3:35 AM
Feb 14, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
An election huh? I think Shiroe will be at a disadvantage here.
Mar 29, 2021 10:58 PM

May 2015
I thought Rayneshia was gonna say Shinzou wo Sasageyo
Jun 25, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2020
I don't fully know what's going on but an election hm
laaalaJun 25, 2021 11:53 PM
Jul 24, 2021 1:26 AM

Jul 2015
So far our 'low-spirited dark-skinned four-eye weakling' Shiroe has been pretty much a bystander to this all so its good to see at the end, thanks to Raynesia not giving up hope, that he suggested the first election.

Nov 24, 2021 5:41 AM

Jul 2013
Reminds me of that one short clip where this one old bearded guy was like "Democracy is government of the people, by the people, for the people. But the people are retarded."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » As long as there's a sequel, I will keep loving this series! (I thought)

CrazyButNot4U - May 8

12 by Kayle_x_Morgana »»
Oct 14, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

150 by dhell26 »»
Jul 20, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Heretixin - Jan 13, 2021

118 by dhell26 »»
Jul 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

36 by Kraum »»
May 30, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Jan 20, 2021

58 by Kraum »»
May 30, 4:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.