Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, it's that girl with the yandere eyes again. Knew she would show up again but honestly, I find her to be even more creepier this episode.

That ping pong match was kinda fun although there's a shift between the first two rounds. Feels like Hanabi improved even more ever since she faced against the captain. However, her opponent also made some impressive plays.

Nov 14, 2016 11:41 AM
May 2014
guess table tennis is national sport of dykes in japan, not that i complain, the more anime lesbians the better
Nov 14, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
I can't describe by the words how enjoyable and pleasant to watch is this series. Another awesome episode! 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 14, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

Kururi is quite amusing, So she likes the opposing team's captain. Well their captain is pretty cute after all. XD
Koyori on the bathroom block wall was funny, How did she even get up there. xD

Hanabi went in quite strong, winning 2-0. Though it looks like our opponents were the smarter team and used Hanabi's weakness against her. :(
Wow, Hokuto lost that fast. :O
Come on Hokuto! win the set.

Expecting next episode to be real good since ir's probably only gonna be matches.
Nov 14, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
Man I kinda like the series in general now, but this episode again showed my major complaint.

Somebody is dominating so much and almost won and then the tables turn COMPLETELY and they end up losing.

This happened several times already and is so unrealistic, it feels stupid imo.
Nov 14, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 2016
>.< girl get rekt XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 14, 2016 12:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
A yandere in a moeblob show? That's... pretty rare. Well that definitely gave Kururi the #bestgirl award though

39dearMIKU said:
Man I kinda like the series in general now, but this episode again showed my major complaint.

Somebody is dominating so much and almost won and then the tables turn COMPLETELY and they end up losing.

This happened several times already and is so unrealistic, it feels stupid imo.
Well this is a problem with many sports anime to be fair but yes it's probably worse than usual in here
Nov 14, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2013
Good episode, but I wish they showed Hokuto's match
Nov 14, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2015
lol at the ridiculous subs, they keep adding 'death' to the sentense eventhou it doesnt't really reflect what the green hair girl said. Nvm about the death, half of the subs are all over the place. They even add nicknames next to enemy players name, this episode didnt give them nicknames at all.
valvravetruthNov 14, 2016 1:12 PM
Nov 14, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
valvravetruth said:
lol at the ridiculous subs, they keep adding 'death' to the sentense eventhou it doesnt't really reflect what the green hair girl said.

Worst part of watching this episode subbed I agree. I mean wtf is with the translation for nearly every one of her lines.
Nov 14, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
Wow stomp incoming
The desert part was enjoyable, it makes a change
there s still some hope with the duo match and Agari (it's 100% sure the decisive match will be Yandere vs Koyori !!)

+ i'm surprised that this show isn't very popular, sport and moe don't help maybe
xSkipiNov 14, 2016 1:08 PM
Nov 14, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
This anime is getting better and better. Totally surprise for me because initially I don't find it interesting but as I see a reviewer that I trust talking about his expectations about this season, I give the series a chance in the first episode and since then I like the anime.

Now, about the anime itself: One of the best episodes so far. I really like the entire other team, they're so much fun, unique and charismatic. I don't see them as a villain but more as rivals, or at least, future rivals. They seem good and different than our main characters.

And finally, probably most of them are going to loose in the test but with this, they probably are going to became more strong.
Nov 14, 2016 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
Great episode as always. Really one of my favorites of the season!

Does anyone know how long this is going to be? 12? 25? More? It's just a big ol' questionmark her on MAL
Nov 14, 2016 2:10 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gameplay scores are really questionable at this point.

The gameplay and the action of the next episodes will decide if 8/10 or 7/10.
Nov 14, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode, the first real competition but all the other team players are freak I'm want to see the next episode really badly death
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2016
Tranquilize said:
Good episode, but I wish they showed Hokuto's match

i was thinking the same thing, then i saw the preview. That was just game 1.

the opposing team is a bunch of savages XD i like it <3

Nov 14, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
Seems to girls are facing a very hard opponent this time.
Well they seemed to be focused on tactics and Koyori seems to be out of it.
Nov 14, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode! Waah, Hanabi ;-; Your loss will be avenged.
Mozuyama's Ping Pong Club has some very interesting characters indeed. lol
Nov 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
So green haired girl is a yandere, I guess. Pretty creepy IMO.

And here comes the obligatory tournament arc. Hanabi got wrecked horribly there.
Nov 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
koyori is savage as fk. unlike other girls commonly who prefer to rub on a desk corner, koyori chooses to climb on the top in the restroom to play tribbing.
Nov 14, 2016 8:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Phlippy said:
I really like Futamaru and the team. I thought she was just 100% creepy but then she talked to the captain.. xD

Sasorida wins. Poor Hanabi. But I was predicting something like that since she put in all her power right from the start. Despite Sasorida's victory her team mates say she sucked. The interaction in the whole team is really funny :D

Do you think there is a possibility this will be more than just 1-cour? I am enjoying this way too much

Her teammates probably expected her to win from the start and by a clean sweep, not letting any points past her.

For some reason I thought of Yandere Simulator when Kururi appeared.
Gotta agree with Kururi, Koyori's breathing in the store felt more like pregnant breaths xD

Nov 14, 2016 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
damn Koyori i too was once got locked up inside a bathroom the stupid lock was brocken so i had to climb to get out shit was funny
Nov 14, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2015
WOW, what an amazing episode; it was so engaging towards the end that I got completely lost in it and noticed when the credits start rolling that it was over; when it ended I was like "Oh it is over; but why is it over?! wasn't like half of the episode remaining a moment age?" xD

Mouzuyama high are no joke. Their main force are all oddballs except the president; well she is clumsy odd in her own way. :D why most with talents are eccentric I wonder. Hokuto and Hanabi lost; well they were sparring with national level players so that much was to be expected.

Death girl has a unique accent. I liked the death of it. xD
Her sentences:
Is death so.
It deathn't matter.
You are welcome . . . to death.
kekekeke . . .cant suppress my laughter. x)

More yuri pairs! Awesome. ;)
Nov 15, 2016 12:10 AM

Jan 2011
episode was godlike animation is still on point speedy got played kinda figure they were going with the making her run out of steam then showcasing the other teams players like the typical battle series

new school seems fun in the saki like fashion only rival school revealed so far i don't think we'll see any others till the end huh?.
Nov 15, 2016 12:44 AM

Sep 2015
Hijazi said:

Her sentences:
Is death so.
It deathn't matter.

Well the "death" word was randomly added by the subbers(for fun I think), basically its not really what the green hair girl was actually saying.
Nov 15, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Deadly Bewbs Die Watch Episode 7
Did the dead ping pong ball deathly bounce off of Booby Boob Senpai's death breasts?

I must say this again. This show is really good in hyping and building to each episode. Don't know about you but I'm excited for Koyori vs Kururi.

Nov 15, 2016 12:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad stard in this friendly match!!!
Nov 15, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2013
The Mozuyama bunch is quite amusing lol. The captain is a klutz and the vice captain is a yandere who turns weird when the captain is near. The rest of the team is also weird and are pretty relaxed about this practice match. Lol the girl swaying like a pendulum for no reason at all.

We also have the ever necessary "why do you play this game" nonsense. Uh, obviously because she likes the game. She's said this I don't know how many times already but it's still going to bug her and she'll find her reason again. Good for her.

Scorpion girl was fun and I liked her technique of pushing Hanabi away and then unexpectedly playing a drop shot. That was good. She made Hanabi feel like she has this game in the bag only to make a comeback and snatch the game away.

Now Hokuto is losing and doesn't know what's going on. I'm interested in how they play out the doubles match. That should be cool. And Agari is up against the captain while Koyori is up against the yandere. Would be interesting if Koyori or Agari lose their match.
Nov 15, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2013
Oh yeah keep the yuri coming.. why not.
Koyori got stuck again.. she sure is a funny one lol. That yandere needs to calm down lmao.
This is interesting finally they hit a wall. We all know they're going to ace the doubles match though. xD
I don't get how a reason for playing manage to cause Koyori to crumble actually.
Isn't she playing cause its fun and doki doki ? Hmm I hope she recovers.
It'll suck if she lost cause of that.
Nov 15, 2016 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Although we wanted to give a more pleasant atmosphere, inserting a lot of funny, not to weigh too the impending clash between clubs, the climate has remained fairly seriously is fraught with uncertainty, perhaps it is due to the character of Kururi, which is It proved very weird in its own way to establish itself. Overall, the episode has behaved well and showed that the anime, can also be serious series, sometimes, and not just full of moe and comedy.
Nov 15, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2013
Really good episode! Pretty intense as well! I cant wait to see how the practice match turns out next week!
Nov 15, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
valvravetruth said:
Hijazi said:

Her sentences:
Is death so.
It deathn't matter.

Well the "death" word was randomly added by the subbers(for fun I think), basically its not really what the green hair girl was actually saying.

That could be it. Actually she did end her almost all sentences with "desu" like Dekomori Sanae from Chuunibyo. I don't know what it literally translates to but it made her statements funny.
Nov 15, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
S Ping-pong girls from HELL !!(or the weirdo club)

I still don't see the humour in the green hair character (especially, now that she is revealed to be a stalker).

3/5

To those complaining about the matches schema, it doesn't invent anything. It is the usual chain of events in any "super-sports" story I read/watched until now. (though this anime could make variations aroubd it...)

@valvravetruth @Hijazi @IZEROII The "death" mentions added everywhere come from the "desu" present at the end of each of her sentences.
This "particle" has no meaning here, usually it's like a state verb (to be...) or used in answers/confirmations. But sometimes, people (girls?) will insist on a phrase by putting a desu to end their sentences when it's useless (it might be the case here, since the character is a stalker, crazy about her teammate). Alternatively, it is used by old people, traditional/old eras people in animation.
Here, since the girl was first shown as a kind of creepy gothic lolita (reinforced this week with her stalker nature) with weird undead stances, the guy (re)writing went on the hypothesis that "desu" was also a wordplay with "death" written in katakana (DE-SU).

Is this one of those text "customizations" from stream-rippers? Or is it native from Crunchy?

=====
@IZEROII I know. Now, it would be interesting to know if the japanese writers/mangaka were playing on the desu/kata DEATH or not.
From what I remember, those desu/gozaimasu etc added to ends are usually ignored in translation
Rei_IIINov 15, 2016 9:42 PM
Nov 15, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
@Rei366 it's native from crunchy thus the wtf because they normally don't play stupid games like that. I can get behind the times she mispronounces and says "defu" and inserting that as a pun but "desu" itself just makes the...joke...go completely over board since, in English, it doesn't come off as cute it comes off as completely idiotic the way it's spliced in every sentence.
IZEROIINov 15, 2016 2:22 PM
Nov 16, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2012
Am i the only one who expected line like "Time for our match, get over here!" after seeing nickname Scorpion? :)
Nov 16, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2014
This show is slightly turning down for me, too much comedy and not enough ping pong or character development. The "Why do you play this game" could come across as a bit of a cliche in sports anime but i'm not really bothered by it. It offers lots of introspective development to the character, and it's something you're forced to think to when you take something so seriously. You don't do things just because you like it the most of the times, and Agari is a clear example of that.

Ok, by now i think it's clear i find humor in anime not really funny the most of the times, and indeed the creepy girl and some of the teammates i find too much exaggerated and uninteresting.
But in general, also due to my passion for table tennis, i easily get enjoyed by this show.
i'd rate this show so far as 7/10.
Nov 16, 2016 11:21 PM

Dec 2009
Kururi is hardcore yandeyuri... Such a cute and psycho girl lol.

Well all the girls in this series are a little insane lol.

This anime should be renamed to "Orgasming Ping Ping Girls". Anyone else get the vibe that Koyori is one of those special types who could full orgasm just from imagination?

This anime reminds me of my days watching Saki. Didn't think i'd be so hyped for the next ep...

ButtSlapper said:
koyori is savage as fk. unlike other girls commonly who prefer to rub on a desk corner, koyori chooses to climb on the top in the restroom to play tribbing.
LOLOLOL I have little doubt she accidentally "got off" several times before Kururi showed up (she's sensitive as hell).

Hijazi said:
valvravetruth said:
That could be it. Actually she did end her almost all sentences with "desu" like Dekomori Sanae from Chuunibyo. I don't know what it literally translates to but it made her statements funny.
She said "desu" in all the appropriate places for desu to be, and said it without any emphasis, unlike Dekomori, Betelgeuse, or this skully guy.
It seems the subbers were just doing wtf ever they wanted.
GenesisAriaNov 16, 2016 11:46 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 17, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
Better than Ping Pong.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 17, 2016 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
This show is really digging me in!
Koyori has new rubber for her takkyuu racket
Futamaru also has a cute side only because of her co-3rd yr senpai Zakuro.
Tenka lost because her opponent made use of her weakness which is long range play.
Even Hokuto might lose also...damn Mozuyama really a tough team! and clearly shows that they are at National caliber.
5/5.

Nov 17, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2011
Someone tell Kiruka to fix up her shoulder.
Nov 24, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2015
That girl still scares me.
Fang-tan got annihilated, Wilson is next.
Nov 28, 2016 6:30 AM

Jul 2009
Green hair girl is in love, like all the girls in this show!
Dec 14, 2016 3:03 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I quite like Kururi!! She's interestingly cute in her own way!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2016
My goodness. These episodes just keeps getting better and better. This was very interesting to see how Moyazuma plays against Suzumegahara as their team was really unstoppable. Their team looked relaxed so I'm guessing they're not as worried about themselves. They do look overconfident about their situation. Futamaru Kururi still creeps me out with her deathly eyes, but when she's around Zakuro, that was a complete turn to her personality as seeing how much she admires as well as like her very much. I was worried about Koyori as she was talking to Kururi about why does she play table tennis. That made me concerned and I think that might become a problem later on when they compete with each other.

Anyway, the matches were very intense considering how Hanabi was facing up against Sasorida as her opponent. I had a strange feeling that Sasorida was only just using Hanabi to deliver her powerful smashes due to her speed, and unfortunately, that ended up costing her a lot in the match. I did feel very sorry for Hanabi but she did do her best. But I didn't think Hokuto would lose so easily to the first set of her match. I'm hoping it's not over yet between the two. Before you know it, the episode ended.

It has become so interesting with these last couple of episodes that I look forward to watching each one of them. The show is underrated so I think it deserves better in those terms. I look forward to watching next episode! :)
Dec 24, 2016 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
I liked the girl on the opposing team with the pink hair. She kept rocking side to side for some reason. These girls all have some sort of weird quirk to their personalities...except the generic background teammates. They're just there for scenery of course.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 28, 2017 8:33 AM

May 2012
Lovely progression, really like the start of these matches! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 23, 2020 6:29 AM

Oct 2007
Koyori getting stuck even in the bathroom. xD

Did not expect there would be a yandere in this show. Kururi is now best girl.
Jun 22, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2018
And we have a crazy lesbian total obsessed of another girl,YEEEEEEEEEES . Awwww Kururi you are so cute sweetheart. I love all my lesbians even the once who are a bit crazy =P

Dec 15, 2020 6:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice it's the beginning of the matches and it's already tense, I swear the green hair girl is so cool, best character in the series
Jun 28, 2021 1:03 AM

Feb 2020
Kiruka constantly using Munemune's boobs as a pillow is so cute. x3

Koyori got stuck again, haha

It's fun how Kimiko keeps chowing snacks all the time.

Kururu is still creepy, but this time we also saw a cute side in her. She really likes Sachiko. <3

Hanabi vs. Sasorida was a very intense match. I felt so sad when Hanabi lost.

SerafosDec 3, 2023 6:54 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.