Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Apr 2020
A great introduction for sure !!
Although I don't see it happening , but I hope Silver Link make somehow a happy ending for this one in which at least Alice & Iska are seen together

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Oct 10, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2015
Ah there you go. Your dumb seasonal anime is coming.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 11, 2020 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
So many things wrong, but why did I had so much fun watching this?
Oct 11, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2017
SeinenJump said:
Our Last Crusade is impressively overpowered in its production for how mediocre the plot is. It’s got some interesting powers and weapons but I can’t help but feel like there was some missed potential here for what could’ve been a decent political drama. From what we’ve seen so far it has the resources and concept to have been something that could’ve approached something of quality, but instead it jumps off a cliff into mindless action and horrible pacing. The way every female character annoyingly fits every female anime trope & aspect of fan service makes it seem as if the show doesn’t believe in itself... which is sad because as I mentioned before it certainly has the quality of production that deserves courageous direction but went full early 2010’s dime-a-dozen light novel.

This was my feeling the whole episode, nonsensical decisions and plot from everyone showed so far, all female character are way over the top and we have generic kirito-kun as protagonist, but not gonna lie I enjoyed and will keep watching and thinking to myself what a great show it could've been.
Oct 12, 2020 5:03 AM

Jun 2017
Don't know why but this gives me late 00s fantasy anime vibes. The characters, setting and even the art somehow feels dated. One character was even using a flip phone, its been ages since I last saw an anime character using one.
I am already getting Romeo X Juliet vibes.
Oct 12, 2020 5:05 AM

Jun 2017
SeinenJump said:
but went full early 2010’s dime-a-dozen light novel.

Ah that explains it, but even so I feel it came out even earlier though its listed being published from 2017 onwards.
Oct 12, 2020 6:58 AM
Aug 2016
Looking at both MC's generic phizogs, i came here expecting nothing... i was wrong, Silverlink never fails to deliver.
I appreciate Iska very much. In an anime like that, you'd expect the dude to have "i am god lol" written all over him, and yet here he's himself saying he's not that good and all his power come from his swords. (though, bruh, shouting it at your opponent isn't the brighest idea in combat)
Not only physical flaws either, but psychological ones as well, since you can see him smiling after freeing the girl, while you'd expect him to be serious and indifferent in all situations.
Now maybe he'll be another culprit of broken power ceilings, but i genuinely wasn't expecting myself to like him this much.

And, i'll admit my bias - i'm a fan of science-fantasy. For now, the world building is very much lackluster, but it's got my attention. In any case, that was convincing imo.
Oct 12, 2020 8:24 PM
Feb 2020
Why are all the girls so thicc lol

Besides that, this is probably going to be my trash show of the season. This is pretty much anime junk food.
Oct 13, 2020 6:51 AM
Apr 2020
Mortal enimies: a skillful Saint Disciple and a purebred Witch, a forbidden love affair. They're different, but with same goal: peace. Nice first episode.

Oct 13, 2020 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
Seems generic done well, nice fast fights, as Silverlink tradition.
Everyone's shampoo ad hair looks pretty. Iska tho bland personality, he's quite cute as mc.
Main hook prolly are the seiyuus lol.
Rin is her seiyuu's Hayasaka + Zero combined as maid witch.
Subaru the fake-knight & Apostle of ***, now becomes a Saint Disciple knight ordered by 8 Apostles, and still in love with the Ice Witch.
lol is that opera shipping Beako x Subaru?
The vfx pretty nice like Aqua's Alice's flower Rho Aias & UBW... wait she's basically Archer.

They didn't explain much yet, what the reactor for, why no kill policy, where's neutral city, was Iska setup to get killed, why the captain's completely useless...

Oct 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Sep 2020
Yet another LN adaptation by Silver Link which let's be honest no matter how plain this looks we're still gonna end up watching it one way or another. The visuals were okay, characters were fine (if a little cliché), pacing seems ok... and I could keep going on because so far this is nothing more than the definition of a big, round OK, if not a little bit above that. Kudos to them for no CG golem.
Oct 14, 2020 8:13 PM
Apr 2020
visuals are awesome
Oct 16, 2020 1:41 PM

Apr 2016
A fine first episode, I’ll give this series a try.
Oct 18, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2017
@_MushiRock11_ YES I kinda don't wanna create and hate this so much early, but it's pretty much a fantasy of the same Romeo X Juliet fashion (of which is one of the overused tropes ever) of which Shironeko Project is one of the many that fails.

In partciular, this looks like the novelist had an idea to combine all of the cliches and tropes we know: a Kirito-lookalike in a fantasy setting that imitates the Romeo and Juliet vibes (a Saint and a Witch), all into a single package. I'd give the 80/20 hindsight that this anime will rinse and repeat, but the lesser promise that this delivers as proceeds.

The "promise" of the 2: Saint Disciple Iska and the Ice Calamity Witch Aliceliese, the Romeo X Juliet vibes all start...with an accidental princess carry and a handkerchief. How lame...

At least it grasped my interest for this show at the very least. Hope this show knows what it's doing though.
Oct 18, 2020 6:52 PM

Apr 2018
Hmm quite interesting of a show. Isaka and Alice both want to stop the war with the astral mages but they have different ways of doing that. Lol at the ending.
Oct 19, 2020 7:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
KANLen09 said:
YES I kinda don't wanna create and hate this so much early, but it's pretty much a fantasy of the same Romeo X Juliet fashion (of which is one of the overused tropes ever) of which Shironeko Project is one of the many that fails.

In partciular, this looks like the novelist had an idea to combine all of the cliches and tropes we know: a Kirito-lookalike in a fantasy setting that imitates the Romeo and Juliet vibes (a Saint and a Witch), all into a single package. I'd give the 80/20 hindsight that this anime will rinse and repeat, but the lesser promise that this delivers as proceeds.

The "promise" of the 2: Saint Disciple Iska and the Ice Calamity Witch Aliceliese, the Romeo X Juliet vibes all start...with an accidental princess carry and a handkerchief. How lame...

At least it grasped my interest for this show at the very least. Hope this show knows what it's doing though.

Exactly, lol. "Rinse and Repeat - the Anime", maybe. Still fairly entertaining though so I'll be keeping up with this as well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 20, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2015
Oh wow the fact that this is set in the modern world really threw me off at first lol. My brain was just processing it like "Wait.........but its magic and swords and shit..........but theres army jeeps and guns...............*Thinking* XD.

Its interesting that the main characters are on opposing teams. I hope they continue that interesting theme. Now Im glad the male didnt win just cause male protag and OP swords. I really hope they stay equal in power throughout the series. Whispers: And you know, not do a SAO and have the girl become useless suddenly.

Its funny cause when the maid started talking the first thing I thought was "Oh wow its EvilEye from Overlord" XD. The same thing happened with the heroine like "Oh its the lizard from Overlord" cause these two voice actors I havent heard in anything other than those roles.

So far I havent really got much of an opinion of the series. Right now its just 'fine'. Its a bit of a jaring start since we're just being thrust into it but whatever. (I think I'll leave a bit before moving onto episode 2). Overall just from this episode 1 I think this is just gonna be an alright series, nothing amazing and probably pretty cliche.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 23, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
I hate myself for having expectations. I liked the synopsis and thought if executed well might make for an interesting anime but well what I got was one of the most painfully generic anime ever.

It ticks off every box of generic anime fantasy it's not even funny. Characters seem garbage, mc is kirito 2.0 and main girl is asuna 2.0, you just know male mc will have to save the girl every time even though she is supposed to be incredibly powerful. The princess carry scene was cringe, help me.

Goddamn it when I first saw that big shot of the tech city it looked cool as hell but thats all I liked of this show AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Oct 31, 2020 9:16 PM

Mar 2019
Not as bad as i thought...

More dumb, than bad...

Dropped.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 28, 2020 11:49 AM

Apr 2020
Em… Just watch it as a light comedy.

The set is a little bit stupid, so it looks like I should empty my mind to watch it.

Dec 11, 2020 5:54 AM

Aug 2017
Generic harem Ecchi cliché romance anime.

Had a slow start but things got a bit interesting in the second half....until that bridal carry.....huff..

Since the plot seems interesting, I'll continue watching this... Didn't expected it to be set in a modern world.

Dec 21, 2020 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
uuuuuuUUUUUGH so much talkiiiiiiiing. I mean, there's some lovely animation in the few seconds of fighting we get between some boring curbstoming by the protagonist and then TALKING MORE. And then there's an actual fight between equals but instead of animating most of it the camera focusses on MORE TALKING.

And then.... they're suddenly in love? WHY?? Because he said he wants the war to end?? Lady, that's why a good half of soldiers fight in a war. Like... am I supposed to take her feelings seriously, or is how obsessed she is with forbidden love and how quickly she falls in love with an enemy fighter a legitimate character flaw? Seeing how the entire story seems set up to revolve around shipping these two, my guess is no, I'm supposed to take this seriously.

Like, I want to say there's some potential here, the animation is alright and WOW AN ACTUAL LOVE STORY IN A MODERN ANIME, but I'm definitely not continuing this any time soon unless someone I respect the taste of says it gets good later, because this first episode was a prime candidate for a "how not to do an opening" bingo card.

What an insufferably paced first episode.
Dec 27, 2020 3:24 AM

Nov 2014
Whoa.. great start from the adaptation of KimiSen, one of my anime/adaptations that i anticipated this fall.
I used to read the manga adaptation some time ago, and so far i really liked it with the theme of kinda RomeoxJuliet Setting that wanna end the war between their faction/country with each of their ways.I also like Medieval , Fantasy, and Millitary setting in this series.
As for me, the IskaxAlice moments are the things that i really eager to see in this adaptation other than the battle itself, I hope they adapting it well.

Great start with some intro's and backstory, the meeting between the two, short battle and awkward moments(when Alice felll of the the cliff and catched by Iska) following into cute ending scene with them meeting in the Opera at Neutral city.

Nice OP, beautiful and earcatching. Can't wait to enjoy and finish this ride of adaptation, wish to see more IskaAlice moments :D.
r16fourarmDec 27, 2020 3:51 AM
Dec 27, 2020 10:55 PM

Jan 2017
The introduction to the other characters feel clunky here, but the Iska vs Alice confrontation was interesting enough
Dec 27, 2020 11:31 PM
Dec 2020
Its good, what bothered me is the Hair...
Dec 28, 2020 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
the end of the episode surprised me Salinger it is still alive, it still has several mysteries about the Empire.

7/10
Dec 28, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
That was actually kinda cute...the character design is really nice, Iska is pretty and looks like a black-haired Yuki Souma xD

Girls are definitely made for the male audience...but the fanservice isn't really tasteless or anything. I'll try another ep...

Jan 3, 2021 2:48 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The synopsis drawn me in to watch this anime and.... while this isn't masterpiece or that very good, this is decent for an LN adaptation which usually is boring and mediocre.

I like the concept of this show which shows both opposing sides, this is interesting :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 22, 2021 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting military-fantasy premise with on one side the humans and the other the mages. They really implied the Romeo and Juliet type of romance that will happen in that opera scene.

Iska with his dual blades seems like an upgraded version of Kirito lol.

Mar 10, 2021 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
falling in love with enemy on battlefield and then meeting them in theater :D
Apr 1, 2021 4:09 PM
Nov 2020
cringe ass shit anime full of tropes.
thou shalt call me onii chan
Dec 25, 2021 2:37 AM

Apr 2020
Pretty good first episode.
water
Jun 16, 2022 1:50 AM
Jun 2022
Kimi to Boku no saigo 1
Oct 19, 2022 3:48 PM
Oct 2022
Muy buen y muy entretenido para la mente
Mar 28, 2023 12:53 AM
Jul 2021
Honey Iska didn't get lucky, he bested you in battle. Simple and easy.

That ending tho ... LMAO who didn't see it coming?
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 7, 2023 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
It's not an isekai, I'm surprised. Wierd world though with modern technology, but the strongest people are still fighting with swords. Guess apart from that it's a technology vs magic thing, I like the female lead so far though.
Feb 26, 3:11 AM
Aug 2023
I didn't know what this anime was about, everything was all bland and I wasn't really paying attention. Then Alice slips all of sudden, and I was caught off guard. Couldn't stop laughing, you can't say "pray we never meet again" trying to look cool like nothing happened after that. And then the MC is a freaking stalker in the end, or was it supposed to be some sort of coincidence they were at the same play? Anyways, hope this is a comedy because the serious stuff was pretty bland.
May 4, 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
That blue-haired girl is so damn annoying. How come she became a captain like that ...
Jun 27, 4:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now that I finished a rewatch of a different 2020 show, here I am back in 2020 again but the Fall this time to refresh my memory on another show I watched during that year, this was one of my Fall 2020 shows that season but this was right before I’d start writing MAL posts in Winter 2021 so you won’t see any posts from me back then on here, I actually wrote stuff on discord but didn’t start putting them on MAL yet. And i remember liking this show quite a bit, it wasn’t a favorite of mine that season but I enjoyed it, and this first episode is probably the one I have the best memory of, like Iska getting the princess carry with his arch nemesis lol, guess they forgot they’re fighting a war for a second there.

Definitely a pretty good start to the show, my memory gets hazy from here so it should be an interesting rewatch, and that OP is pretty nostalgic now, a great song too, but what i remember loving the most was the ED, I’m excited to hear it again as well. And lastly, if my memory serves me correctly I think I picked this show because it was by Silver Link, who did “Misfit of Demon King Academy” the season before this one which I really liked, that could have been partly why I didn’t like this one as much but we’ll see how I feel this time around.
Jun 28, 2:42 AM

Dec 2018
A little too cheesy right off the bat and not much information.
Jun 29, 12:51 PM
Jun 2012
It didn't seem to be anything special.

The animation and production was actually solid. In the fight sequences.

However the dialogue, overall scene, story. Everything was well sub-par.

I figured it was going to be carried by the actions themselves. As things ramped up.

Then we see the last scene. And its just eyyyy lmao.

Now I see what this is all about.
Jul 10, 7:13 PM
Jul 2023
Flashy magic, but very generic
- Kirito ahh protagonist
- Asuka ahh female lead (though I do quite like her design, very pretty)
- Can’t wait for the silly anime tropes to start next episode :/
Jul 23, 6:53 AM
Sep 2018
Simplemente estuvo bien, es interesante ver fantasía y un mundo relativamente moderno. También he notado que se concentran más en la creación de waifus que de crear un ambiente completamente realista o algo similar, o es probable que sea una fantasía de poder, a pesar de eso, no creo que sea malo realmente, me refiero a que incluso una fantasía de poder puede ser muy buena, si es que se lleva a cabo Narrativamente bien.

-----------

It was just okay, it's interesting to see fantasy and a relatively modern world. I've also noticed that they focus more on creating waifus than creating a completely realistic environment or something similar, or it's probably a power fantasy, despite that, I don't think it's bad really, I mean even A power fantasy can be very good, if it is carried out Narratively well.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» worst anime ever that i’ve watched (edited)

milo_peng - Dec 6, 2021

36 by Phanyx7 »»
Oct 2, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2020

59 by Yoyosrop »»
Sep 10, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2020

131 by Baruc_Baruc »»
Aug 3, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2020

96 by icymangoose »»
Jul 2, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2020

52 by waldy713 »»
Jun 30, 8:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.