Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2020 1:49 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Totally hyped for this one because I see we have idols again. (This time with magiccccc)

And so episode one preaired today and I already like it. Totally love it. The setting is great, the characters are great and extremely cute.
I have never heard of this mobile game or this project before, so I am complete new to this one as well. But it definitely got my attention.

What a great school they have, everykind of "modern technology" of our future is already used there. Their group is also noice, everyone is different (just maybe they should learn more). And just listening to the first song (OP), I already love the music which is for idol anime probably the most important part. But the ED is beautiful as well.
I wish one days I can be as hyped as Lynette is with books...hehe. Lavie is so funny and "soumei". At last our main pair Tiara and Rosetta are just so cute together. They even share one room. What a beautiful voice Tiara has in her solo.

Totally hyped for this one after the first episode already. The music, the char, the settings, everything is perfect. I want to learn more about them. CUTE CUTE CUTE!
dlxuniuniuJun 28, 2020 1:56 AM
Jun 28, 2020 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
dlxuniuniu said:
I want to learn more about them. CUTE CUTE CUTE!

If you want to learn more about them, make sure to check out their official youtube channel
Lapis Re:LiGHTs Official Youtube Channel
They've also done live performances (both done by the VAs physically present in a venue with audience, and VR events with the anmated characters) multistreamed on platforms such as Youtube, Niconico, Periscope, and Cluster. Their VR events even had meet and greet + handshakes. Youtube has archives of the livestreams.
Jun 28, 2020 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
I'm looking forward to it as well, sweet and smooth animation, lovely main cast, we need more sweet magic idol anime.

Liked the neo-futuristic setting, cool magic and pretty music. I have some expectations now.

Suprised by this pre-air release tho.
Jul 3, 2020 7:38 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Can't wait for this one. I know next to nothing because of my habit of not wanting to know much about the series before starting it, but I can tell already that I'll love it. Just waiting for those subs c:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 1 is underway at the official YT channel! @_MushiRock11_ thankfully Muse Asia also has this in their Summer lineup!

Musical idol anime, this is one I can make out for certain, blending in fantasy and magic altogether.

After the splendidness that is Miru Tights, I did not expect to have another good showing of Yokohama Animation Lab's efforts on a full-fledged TV series, and this raises my interest more.

At least for the premiere episode, it tries to show as much of the character cast from the mobile game itself, but always keeping abreast to show the main ones having the majority of screentime these 3 months. But it does do the one thing right: showcase its setting as its appeal. And of course, not forgetting the tenacious amounts of music.

The demarcation of the ranks though: Noir, Rouge, and Lapis (clearly a low-rank) for Rosetta's group. Definitely something to look out for in development.

OH HO, the Yuri ship is sailing THAT FAST (between the 2 main female leads Tiara and Rosette)???

Well, what a start this was. Tiara has a lot on her shoulders to burden the weight of the group together.
KANLen09Jul 11, 2020 8:49 AM
Jul 4, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
Muse Asia is saving yet another series from Funi disaster btw.

Pretty nice start. It's rather unique setting for idol series. Can't wait for more. I already liked these characters.
I hope that they will r able to keep the art quality this high.
rsc-plJul 4, 2020 1:08 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 4, 2020 7:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh ok I understand the title now with the "lapis" thing so it's the lowest rank and all the group is going to be expelled if they don't improve.
The main girl is kinda cute, same for the whole group but all the characters seem to be quite classic and cliché.
The universe seems interesting though, pretty cool to mix Idol things with a magic academy with spells etc
Jul 4, 2020 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
Tiara fainting from the explosive arrow was priceless.

Also wtf is Yue's problem? she shouldn't have pushed Tiara like that.

Jul 4, 2020 8:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good first episode, this.

Quite the unusual magic chant and action to get it starting, I must say. For some reason, this sort of left an impression on me since the very first such scene.

A teaser of sorts to the Idol side to come for later as well with the MC singing her Onee-chan's piece. Yue-san seems to have had history possibly with the Onee-chan and it'll be interesting what led to her shoving Tiara away like that.

And that drop in the end, lol damn. It'll be interesting to see how the show will handle the hierarchy system (Noir > Ranger > Lapis), all in all.

Animation Quality is pretty good and the color effects really pleasing to the eye. I'd high hopes for this Department and it certainly delivered. Here's to hoping the team will be able to keep this quality up for the remainder whole of the season though.

@KANLen09 Yeah, I’m well aware of that but thanks nonetheless!
_MushiRock11_Jul 4, 2020 9:12 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2017
Oh wow, that was a unique first episode. I only knew it would be an idol-anime; I didn't check out any of the PVs, so it was quite a surprise to see a medieval-esque anime with magic. The colourpalette is of course shining bright just as you might expect it from an idol-anime, but it also fits the world so far. Food and flowers are of course something that almost always looks good, but somehow it stood out even more this time.

Looking forward to more episodes in the future. I'm probably not as hyped as others here but with this season being more on the slower side for me this will probably make for a good show to enjoy.
Jul 4, 2020 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Wow I thought this was set in a modern world and it was a story of modern age idol group. Thou this setting is actually better.

Pretty interesting premise, the op/ed were decent. Poor Tiara just joined the school and she's already in a predicament lol. Also I'm interested to know more about her sister.
Jul 4, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
ye gonna skip out on this one, couldnt get past the 5 min mark
Jul 4, 2020 10:20 AM
Apr 2017
It's a meh for me. I'll still watch but so far it's just okay
Jul 4, 2020 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
Interesting premise and I see some potential, but it was just an okayish start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2020 11:31 AM

Sep 2016
This was all I wished it would be, the magic is actually a part of the world. I was afraid it going to be just tacked on as a gimmick. And so far I'm actually liking the characters and the tone of the show.
Jul 4, 2020 12:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
YAY..

was NOT expecting DAT ASS at the beginning, or dat side boob, so i get my all female (even if only slightly) fanservice show of the season<3333
Jul 4, 2020 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
In a vacuum, this is very much a Harry Potter knockoff if Harry Potter wasn't troubled by the complexity of things like "having a story" or "character development." And like always, I'm not talking about a Hamlet level character study here that plumbs the depths of mortality and the question of what it is to be human. I mean more like… Tiara learns a valuable lesson about being a slightly better person. But even that's impossible because there is no conflict. There are no challenges in this episode. There is no anything. It's quite literally a twenty minute tour of a Harry Potter knockoff school for all girls. At least take the Freezing approach and have a massive culture of bullying to the level of dismemberment.

Anyway, I feel like the best that can be said is that it downplays the idol angle. That still leaves it a show about magical girls doing… wait, I would say here "doing largely nonmagical things," but they're not even doing that. So we're left with a magic school? Like in probably a solid 60% of anime? Is that really it? They're existing, and sometimes they whistle at plants. And they have their own dodgeball quidditch? I'm genuinely at a loss as to what the twenty minutes were supposed to have established or are supposed to draw people in for further viewing that can't be summed up as "girls exist."
Jul 4, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2018
Didn't like the males in the beginning,,,, But the rest was nice only adorable girls like it should be.Lesbian witches clinging on each other, flirting and other strong Yuri vibes

Rosetta was blushing of excitement when she knew she was going to be alone with her girlfriend,,,YEEEEEEEES! Awww sweetheart you really love Tiara. You two are so fucking cute together

Pretty good first episode. It was cute and gay. I want more of this sweet lesbian idol cake

Yuri-CrusaderJul 5, 2020 6:13 PM
Jul 4, 2020 2:29 PM

May 2011
First time seeing an idol anime set in a medieval fantasy world.This should be interesting.
''I was dead serious''

Jul 4, 2020 3:13 PM

Dec 2014
It was pretty decent, nice setting and the girls are cute. Looking forward to more.

Can already sense some drama with Yue.
Jul 4, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
Very colourful honestly. Kinda liked it.

Also find the idea that they're starting at lowest rank very interesting.
Jul 4, 2020 4:27 PM

May 2018
Very interesting start. Idols+Magic. Why not?
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jul 4, 2020 4:30 PM

Jul 2015
The art style is so good! The girls are cute as fuck and the backgrounds were great.

That was an entertaining first episode, I didn't read the synopsis so I didn't expect both fantasy and magic elements, I'm curious to see how that + idol elements will mix together in this story.

My only concern (as usual with all those multimedia projects) is how this anime wil handle the huge cast of characters it already showed, I hope they mainly focus on the established main five for the sake of proper screen time and character focus on them. Too early anyways to see what will happen.

What a mess Tiara got put into tho, assigned to a group full of girls failing their grades in a school where the group's success is also each person's success... she will have to work hard. Her voice is lovely btw, really liked the singing scene.

Overall good episode, I'm looking forward to watching more of this.
Jul 4, 2020 5:22 PM

Jul 2017
Zerity said:
ye gonna skip out on this one, couldnt get past the 5 min mark

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 4, 2020 5:23 PM
Jul 2015
This was meh.
Also a good example of Funimation fucking up again.
Tiara-chan translates to Titi apparently, and Rosetta-senpai as Little Miss Rosetta. Good job Funi.
Just go back and add the honorifics if you noticed that what you were currently doing (translating the honorifics) didn't work anymore when things were added to the mix that didn't work with that. Thinking up of random nicknames, wtf.

Also, not sure why people are already rating it a 10/10 already. Seems a bit premature.
Jul 4, 2020 6:29 PM
Jun 2017
its a nice episode... might try this one..
Jul 4, 2020 9:00 PM

Oct 2009
The two main leads, Tiara and Rosetta, do remind me of Mira and Ao from "Koisuru Asteroid" that was on-going back in Winter of this year. Can't help that their hair colors and their personalities are a bit similar.

I liked that show and so, I think, I'm going to enjoy this one, as well.
Jul 4, 2020 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
It feels like a huge misstep to me that a series about idols/music does not have an insert song/performance in the first episode.
Jul 5, 2020 3:31 AM

May 2010
At first I thought it's about magical dodge ball battle.
Steady start but everything is clean like "so damn clean".
Jul 5, 2020 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Witchcraft idols and splendid animation with pretty girls doing pretty things...
Mmm... I'll take this one. :)
Jul 5, 2020 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm if other people said that Tiara and Rosetta are like Mira and Ao from Asteroid i would say that Tiara and Rosetta is more like Karen and Hikari from Revue
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 5, 2020 7:34 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
This anime is basically all the best things (mahou shoujo, idols and girls love) mixed together and I’m loving it. Expecting some feel good anime with a bit of drama and mystery. The girls are cute and the music is promising too. Plus, a lot of interesting premises with the ranking system and Tiara’s sister. Looking forward to see these girls climbing up in ranks!
Sadly I didn’t play the game but might check it out now since the anime is out.

Well what else can I say apart from
Jul 5, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
This was very interesting idol anime ive seen
finally a worthy one to watch the last idol anime i watch was love live sunshine.

I say almost a perfect ep 1 for an idol anime

-great introductions on the characters
-characters so far had a great humour and personality
-places were amazingly explore one by one
-they gave whats the main story about
-great animation, art style and very unique character design
-great mix of futuristic and medieval setting which i found pretty unique on its genre.
-amazing op and ed
-VA's are great and some of it sounds familiar which i really love (can someone fill me up where i heard them before)

but we havent seen any idol performance for an idol anime thats why i said almost perfect xD well see in incoming eps.

Lastly i like to point out how great their expressions especially in comedic scenes lol

I hope this become consistent or even better.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 5, 2020 8:44 AM
Jun 2017
Loved it! Rosette's gayness for Tiara is off the charts!

P.S. We even got lesbian rabbits!
10/10
Jul 5, 2020 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
Visuals were pretty good, makes me somewhat hopeful for the performances. Really hoping for no cgi but I'll at least take not awful cgi.

Cast seems pretty huge but I guess that's expected since the series already has a planned mobile game, which is pretty standard of idol games these days to have.
Jul 5, 2020 2:26 PM

Nov 2017
I'm already in love with them. Haven't really seen this kind of anime yet so I'm hyped!

plz @ me
Jul 5, 2020 4:29 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Well. The first anime character I've come across that has the same name as me...and it's a rabbit.

This was...an anime show that I watched. I'm not sure if I've ever felt so neutral about an episode. I'm not exactly the target audience for this type of show, I'm only really picking it up because I'm determined to try and find something I like in this wasteland of a season.

Also, why on earth isn't this show tagged as "magic"?!

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jul 5, 2020 4:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A slice of life of cute girl doing musical magic thing. Her design so far so good. Lavie's personality might be my best so far. And Tiara past about her sister became the main problem of this series. Their story to became an idol might be nice to be following up. So, yeah, i couldn't wait for it. Even the ost they had felt so relaxing. Yeah, nice first episode imho

So lets see how well they could survived that ranking problem of the school....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
little Idol academy , i got jebaited hard not reading the plot properly thought this was another school idol lol, have to say the unique setting of fantasy/ idol has already set it apart from other stuff how it handles that is a whole different story but for now it's decent music sounds good, girls are cute and there's a lot of them and it surprisingly looks nice.

also already have some drama and class discrimination that one girl seems to know Tiara and her sister and for whatever reason she turned hostile
Jul 6, 2020 1:38 AM

May 2019
Now this is what I needed, another cute idol anime. The opening was nice, story is interesting so far about the differences about Lapis and the higher ranks, characters looking really cute, so yeah pretty nice so far.
Jul 6, 2020 5:49 AM

Apr 2020
Well, red x blue, and I know a new CP has been made up.

Seeing that there is a elder sister in Tiara's family, and then Rosetta is also the one in it. Is it estimated that it is a noble family?

Tiara was forced to join Rosetta's team as soon as she arrived at the academy, and she didn't know there was a dropout crisis……

In the end, her expression indicated that she was forced to board the pirate ship…… (Haha)

And the school has hierarchy? The clothes in different colors show it…… And Yue (in black clothes) was unhappy when Tiara mentioned her sister. Maybe there's been some bad feeling between the two people.

OP gives me a feeling that it is talking about Idol and Lily, where we can see singing and dancing, but the story also mentioned magic……

一体どんな展開なのかな?Looking forward to the story.

Jul 6, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
magic + idols. Hmm, interesting.

feeling blessed, I have another cute all girl show to follow. ^^

--- and maybe spend a little money on if budget allows, and if I like it up to the end.

Liddo-kunJul 7, 2020 1:20 AM
Jul 6, 2020 1:54 PM
Sep 2010
I think I won't watch it. Skipping idol ones usually....
Jul 7, 2020 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
This is surprisingly good, I thought it's gonna be another idol anime but thankfully it's not entirely about that. Otherwise it would have been mediocre at best !!
Jul 7, 2020 12:02 PM
Jan 2013
This seems to be trying to be a lot of things at the same time. Only time will tell whether it manages to combine them gracefully or just flop. The Idol element seems to be the weakest part of Episode 1.
Jul 8, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
The Pros: BEAUTIFUL Art, Animation and character designs. VA were very good, and we have a shit load of cute girls.

The Con: Boring AF. Man it was hard to keep my attention. The different girls peaked my interest which kept me involved but my god was this boring. Ill give it more time though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 8, 2020 7:08 AM

Feb 2020
I don't even know why I decided to start this show, I was curious for some reason. Well, it looks very average for now... The characters are all very generic, and none of them seem to be very interesting despite what the shows tries to establish.
The art style's also generic, the music as well, the animation is far from amazing, the story sounds like something I've heard many times before...
And I really had a hard time feeling invested in this episode.
I guess it's just not for me... Maybe I'll try the next episode some day if I see the score rising but for now I'll probably drop.
FafetteJul 8, 2020 7:17 AM
Jul 8, 2020 3:57 PM

Feb 2020
the animation and character design is so beautiful!! every character looks like they can be the main character. i love all the outfits too - they all look very well thought out.

all the bright colours in the settings were so pleasing to look at (: a little sense of mystery too which the tiara's accessory(?) but otherwise lowkey felt really long to watch lol and boring
umjisJul 13, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 9, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Ohhh. Sounds promising. But why there's no Magic tag?
Jul 12, 2020 5:12 AM
Jan 2017
WTF I thought i see USS Helena here..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Sep 18, 2020

72 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

25 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:26 AM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

26 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

31 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

29 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.