Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2020 6:11 AM

Nov 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Hayashi has left the building..

Hiroki is starting to realise /slash/ having an emotional breakdown..

Tsukasa is just about to pop..

this_shit_againMar 2, 2020 7:04 AM
Mar 2, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2010
Cornered by the Chinese mafia mentally, Tsukasa broke down and threw up again. Really ugly and miserable. Anyway, his internal monologue was the highlight of the episode again.
Mar 2, 2020 6:21 AM

May 2019
This was a great episode.

Poor Hiroki has just realised he was being used by Tsukasa, and Tsukasa has just realised he was being used by the company.

Hayashi, dude, wake up T_T
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 2, 2020 6:54 AM
Feb 2019
this is a good episode. i think this series is slowly picking up. it had a weird start, well its still weird, but i get the weirdness now. and tsukasa's monologues are really interesting to hear, props to the voice actor. and i pity hiroki. i think he's the only good character here
Mar 2, 2020 7:23 AM
Aug 2019
Tsukasa is gonna break soon, Hiroki finally realizes what Tsukasa has done, I just hope this will at least end well.

Mar 2, 2020 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
rip the yaoi ship

All jokes aside. Poor Hiroki honestly.

With what they've set up. Final four episodes is gonna be super interesting.
Mar 2, 2020 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
Oh, what a great episode. It made me like Hiroki a lot more since he showed signs of being capable of understanding what is going on.
It seems the following episodes are going to be really tense. I can't wait
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2020 10:56 AM

Oct 2017
All of Tsukasa's plans are falling apart. Thou this got more interesting now that Hiroki knows about Tsukasa and Hayashi.
Mar 2, 2020 11:10 AM

Aug 2018
Nice Episode
7/10
Mar 2, 2020 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Damn Tsukasa is slipping further and further into madness with each episode. Him having a panic attack at the table while analysing the situation was hard to watch.

Hiroki's having a tough time accepting that Hayashi was crushed by Tsukasa and I really feel for him. He's had a rough life. I'm starting to wonder if Tsukasa even cares about Hiroki or if he's just using him for his own gain. That monologue didn't sound like genuine love to me. Sounds like he's using Hiroki the same way that the company are using him.

Once you get used to the show, it's amazing. The low MAL score is indicative of a lot of people just not paying attention while watching it. It's not a show that will spoon-feed you everything. You have to put the pieces together that it gives you. That, and maybe a lot of people aren't with the Yaoi vibes which I can respect, personally not a fan myself but the story and world are good enough to overlook it.
Mar 2, 2020 12:18 PM
Oct 2018
I feel like so many people are overlooking this show, it's turning out to be very interesting. Character's plans (mostly Tsukasa's) are getting thwarted, information that was supposed to be secret is getting shared between many characters that aren't supposed to know things, and no one can trust each other anymore. I personally really like it so far.
Mar 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2017
The Chinese mafia really has everyone cornered, even Katsuragi and the Company overall. Everyone's being lackeys to their works and ambitions.

Even Hiroki, Tsukasa's pet, has realized his own tendencies to act on his own. However, on the side of Satoru and Tsukasa, the desperation of Tsukasa trying to tie down Satoru for Hiroki's safety isn't as much guaranteed, as much as Hiroki finding out about what's truly going on.

But the one who found out about everything...is the pet himself. Hayashi proclaiming that Satoru was the trigger to everything, and Tsukasa being sidelined and backstabbed by the Company. That's when he knew...that more than somebody's tool, the atrocities of the Company itself.

Good episode that opens up floodgates of criticism.
KANLen09Mar 2, 2020 2:51 PM
Mar 2, 2020 3:12 PM
Jun 2019
Everything is about to collapse
Mar 2, 2020 3:28 PM
Mar 2017
Question: who is the young guy with blue eyes we see as the first person shown in the opening credits? I looked at the wiki for the series and Tsukasa is said to have violet eyes but this just doesn't look like Tsukasa. I keep thinking a new character might be introduced? Or should I just not think about it anymore?
clebrasMar 2, 2020 3:34 PM
Mar 2, 2020 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
clebras said:
Question: who is the young guy with blue eyes we see as the first person shown in the opening credits? I looked at the wiki for the series and Tsukasa is said to have violet eyes but this just doesn't look like Tsukasa. I keep thinking a new character might be introduced? Or should I just not think about it anymore?
The person who appears at the beginning (and the ending) of the opening movie would be Tsukasa. Because both of them wear the same white shirt with a black collar and a black placket.
Mar 2, 2020 6:12 PM
Mar 2017
I knew someone could answer me. Thank you!
Mar 2, 2020 6:58 PM

Aug 2017
Tsukasa was really funny in this episode with those faces lmao. Well, RIP Hayashi, still weird that nobody made sure to burn his body after finding it but I think it is the plan of the head of the Chinese mafia after all.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2020 7:24 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man I kinda hoped Hiroki could have brought him back. Still he learned most important things. Meanwhile Tsukasa is having mental breakdowns and going more nuts. Excited to see where this will go.
Mar 2, 2020 10:13 PM

Mar 2016
I like Hiroki messing with Katsuragi. It's childish and funny.

Hiroki and Hayashi met, and Hiroki even managed to tell how things are connected. Good job!

Tsukasa's scene had too much information, and my brain feels like it's being microwaved. I will slowly process the details from his scenes later.

Oh no, Hayashi has been crushed! Though, I feel like a character as important as him won't just be gone like that. Maybe they'll find a way to bring him back?

I like how they subtly gave us a clue to figure out if someone has been crushed yet.

The picture of Hiroki after the end credits was hot! lol!
Mar 3, 2020 2:59 AM

Jul 2016
ProofByColor said:
Ah man I kinda hoped Hiroki could have brought him back. Still he learned most important things. Meanwhile Tsukasa is having mental breakdowns and going more nuts. Excited to see where this will go.

Yeah I ws hopinh he would come back as well but I think not having him back is just as good.

Time for Hiroki and Satoru to team up and go on a smashng spree.
Mar 3, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Hiroki. Now that he knows a bit more of the truth and knows that Tsukasa crushed his peak giver, he's going to feel a certain kind of way. I think he's going to try to find a way to still help Tsukasa without causing any more deaths. Hiroki is the light to Tsukasa's darkness, so I think he'll end up being his saviour in the end. Or Hiroki might crush Tsukasa as a mercy, which would show that the cycle of crushing your peak giver continues.

Satoru finding out is one thing, but I hope that he can at least save Meiling before going on a crushing spree. He's been hyped up as someone who is super strong, so I think we'll get some angry crushing from him.
Mar 3, 2020 11:44 AM

Dec 2016
ProofByColor said:

Maybe Satoru can brought him back?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.107/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 3, 2020 11:47 AM

Dec 2016
ok. but what about Hayashi's USB flash drive, Katsuragi stiill have it?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.107/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 4, 2020 1:53 AM

Oct 2018
final showdown will be brutal......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 4, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2014
If Hiroki forgives Tsukasa even after all this then he's just a submissive pet and this show an utter garbage.
And Satoru is gonna go berserk when he knows it.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 4, 2020 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like everything is backfiring to Tsukasa huh...this is gonna be messy!
5/5.

Mar 6, 2020 10:00 AM
Nov 2019
dasprn said:
If Hiroki forgives Tsukasa even after all this then he's just a submissive pet and this show an utter garbage.

Nope, if Hiroki forgives Tsukasa it'll be out of love. Despite everything, Tsukasa still shared his peak with him, has looked after him for years and been the most important person in Hiroki's life. You can't just erase that (well, they can with image using and all, but you get my meaning :)).
But yes, Tsukasa's dangerous and Hiroki should run as far away from him as possible.

I hope this won't end up in complete tragedy. Let at least someone have a happy ending, please. Maybe the little girl could be saved if nothing else? (Unlikely, isn't it?)
littlecrisisMar 6, 2020 10:04 AM
Mar 6, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. F for Hayashi
Mar 6, 2020 6:58 PM
Jul 2017
Damn this show is having some really good developments. It’s a shame not many people like it or watch it. It’s a slow burner but I feel the climax will be pretty sick.
Mar 6, 2020 10:09 PM

Feb 2014
littlecrisis said:
dasprn said:

Nope, if Hiroki forgives Tsukasa it'll be out of love. Despite everything, Tsukasa still shared his peak with him, has looked after him for years and been the most important person in Hiroki's life. You can't just erase that (well, they can with image using and all, but you get my meaning :)).
But yes, Tsukasa's dangerous and Hiroki should run as far away from him as possible.

I hope this won't end up in complete tragedy. Let at least someone have a happy ending, please. Maybe the little girl could be saved if nothing else? (Unlikely, isn't it?)

Yes that image change is the very wicky thing. Never know who goes against who or who takes the fall.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 9, 2020 1:37 AM

May 2017
I have feelings tsukasa will go more insane in the next ep...
hiroki should stay as far as he can from him lol
Mar 10, 2020 6:14 AM

Sep 2016
This is the operating style of the company. If you have a pet that you discovered, they will separate you two anyway so that you don’t have full control on your pet, which prevents you two from endangering the company by cooperating with each other. Meanwhile, they ask you to create more ‘babies’ so as to rely less and less on you. And if you disagree to leave your pet or create ‘babies’, they will threaten you with different reasons. On the other hand, they hide the truth from the pet & provoke dissension.

I feel bad for all 4 of them, Tsukasa, Hiroki, Satoru & Hayashi.
We all know how kind & gentle Hayashi is. But look at the sight of him! Hopefully he will be saved by Satoru later. Though hope is frail.
Satoru didn’t do anything wrong to his peers, but he’s hated to death.
Hiroki got confused & upset by what he learnt from Hayashi’s crushed peak.
As for Tsukasa, all you can tell is his bad ending ever since ep#7 I think. There’s no turning back once he crushed Hayashi, the one that mattered the most to him.

Up to this point, I think it’s safe to say that Tsukasa is the main villain. And I love that this show starts from the point of view of a main villain, which is quite rare in anime. Tsukasa being a complex character is one of the biggest reasons why this show is so great.
Of course, his plan of crushing Satoru won’t go smoothly at his wish. The president is a sly fox who knows how to control his underlings.
Orikasa_MomijiMar 10, 2020 7:00 AM
Mar 17, 2020 2:16 PM

Dec 2010
A really well-directed episode. Tsukasa's inability to trust anyone not under his complete control makes him more childish than Hiroki. Maybe you can't blame him considering the world in he grew up, but still, he's completely unapologetic about his way of life.
Apr 4, 2020 1:59 AM

May 2017
Damn, it only took 9 episodes, but we FINALLY see the peak of the story. It's been slow until now
Apr 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Still a bit confused on what the deal with Satoru is, from what I've seen so far he seems to be at the center of everything

Hiroki's disobedience came to handy for once, discovering the one thing The Company fears him to do

Jun 18, 2020 12:27 PM

Jul 2019
Really makes you curious what ultimately drives Tsukasa. Even Hiroki is just a tool to him. Trustworthy yes, but a tool nonetheless.

I want to see Hiroki go crazy next episode and start sabotaging the company.
Aug 9, 2020 6:11 AM

Apr 2020
Wtf is this?! Hiroki goes insane, Tsukasa breakdown. Aaaaaaa. I'm starting to love this
Nov 9, 2021 3:31 AM

Jan 2013
This has so much homoeroticism I can't take it! I hope this series has some doujinshi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.