Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's only the third episode and Melida Angel already gets kidnapped....damn. Felt bad for Elise too since she got involved.

The antagonists in this anime seems to be pretty generic. Oh well. On the other hand, I suppose this episode developed a better relationship between Melida and Elise. Btw, I noticed this show keeps its content uncensored.
Oct 24, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
I have to say, the fight scene was not that bad.

So Kura is part vampire. I'm interested in his past.

Oct 24, 2019 8:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, Kufa is half human half vampire... that's interesting.
Also Melida was brave during that fight, contrary to Elise.
Oct 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Mar 2016
Oh great. Daft ass generic villains with nothing substantial to support them. It’s like a cancerous running gag with shows like this. I’d honestly overlook that if there was more to the main cast and the premises, but those are average at best.
Oct 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Sep 2019
I’m pretty interested in how this world works and kufas backstory, however most of the characters are kinda painful to watch. The art is definitely a plus though.
Oct 24, 2019 9:00 AM
Feb 2019
Very beautiful the end of the anime, along with the Ending (Ijin-Tachi no Jikan)!😊😍👍
I am loving this anime!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤...
Oct 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Jun 2019
This series is getting better and better each episode, and I'm getting more drawn into the story. Along with Honsuki, it's my favourite show of the season so far and the one I'm expecting most from.

It seems like it's going to have a fair amount of romance in it, so why does it only specify the 'fantasy' genre, does anyone know?

I find the relationship between Melida and Vampr interesting, they both like/respect each other, and each of them thinks that they like the other more than the other person realises they do. Vampr knows that she has untapped potential and could become an unparalleled warrior, while she adores him for helping her get her mana triggered and becoming a samurai class warrior, plus he's older and acts like a gentleman; "i know I'm a little lady now, but please wait for me...", "I will milady", too cute for words.
Oct 24, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2017
the fight animation look cheap and flow not solid.
oh shit i literally shocked from that surprising scene, he just put his limb back xD
all characters script are slightly off / awkward, but kufa script always perfect and flawless, the strongest reason to watch this

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 24, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Animation kinda dropped this ep but oh well, vampire Vampir was pretty kewl. Honestly like Vampir's story and his side of things more than with the Melida and the girls tbh

23feanor said:
It seems like it's going to have a fair amount of romance in it, so why does it only specify the 'fantasy' genre, does anyone know?

It could just be a sasuga MAL moment, Mangarock lists the manga as romance and they're usually more reliable with their tags so here's hoping that's the case
Oct 24, 2019 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
kufa x melida will start
Oct 24, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2015
okay, there is some acceptable skip scene but it doesn't mean they must these following scene

1. gin's past
2. kufar expression when he accept the fact that he will be hunted by melida in the future. in manga, he is more handsome and left impression about his death
3. kufar interaction to elise and rosetti at dance festival, i mean with this event we can know more what kufar thinking to both of them

the only i like from this episode is OST that they used when kufar transform to his real appearance. honestly, in this episode i feel that studio and director give less effort more than what we have seen from episode 1 and 2. ugh, if it is not because slow update from manga and haven't read LN before, i absolutely drop this anime since episode 1
Oct 24, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2016
So Kufa Vampir is actually a half-vampire.
I wonder why is he pretending to be a human and blending into their society.

Does anyone else think the pacing is quite fast. I read a few chapters of the manga and the story felt more in-depth there. Too bad no one is translating the ln
Oct 24, 2019 9:48 AM

Nov 2017
the animation dropped again huh.. The plot seems interesting so i'll continue watching i guess. Antagonists are pretty generic imo but oh well
Oct 24, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 2019
Aniik8pv2 said:
the animation dropped again huh.. The plot seems interesting so i'll continue watching i guess. Antagonists are pretty generic imo but oh well

One of the Chief animation directors wrote some tweets complaining about serious production issues with the Assassin's Pride anime.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/dmgo0p/another_production_meltdown_assassins_prides/
Oct 24, 2019 10:15 AM
Jul 2019
zikooo said:
I’m pretty interested in how this world works and kufas backstory, however most of the characters are kinda painful to watch. The art is definitely a plus though.

LN worldbuilding info:

Oct 24, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2018
Geez where I watched it cut off her (probably) last sentence. Anyways

Vampir turns out to be a vampire. Not surprised given his name lol
That vampire are the strongest lanthrowhatever tho is kind of surprising. Looks like we got ourselves another cool as heck op mc

Still love the chemistry between Rosa and Vampir lmao
The animations kinda dropped this episode but they had some issues huh? If the reason's good they shall be forgive

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 24, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 2016
This is really, really meh.

Dunno if I will give this another episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2019 11:21 AM

May 2018
So this is why the mc is called Kufa Vampir xD
Oct 24, 2019 11:32 AM
Jul 2019
MC got stronger when their hair turns into white plot

Fight scene is kinda okay, the soundtrack made me goosebump until this exact frame burst out my laugh.

Oct 24, 2019 11:33 AM

Jan 2019
Great anime.
Not a specifically new concept, but the feelings translate well. Enjoyable watch.
Oct 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2016
As weird as it might sound, the anime is actually enjoyable. The source is probably good and the anime is rushed but so far it hasn't been bad. Yes, it's a bit tropey but it has good things going for it.

I feel like people don't five Melida enough credit for standing up for herself and trying to do things by herself instead of relying on her prince charming. Of course it comes down to sensei saving her but she was up against somebody way over her league.

Oct 24, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2017
salehxxxx said:
kufa x melida will start

Sounds like they've already started:

D1tchd1ggerOct 24, 2019 12:33 PM
Oct 24, 2019 12:57 PM
Oct 2019
Liked it, but sadly cuts away so much the manga has, leaving the scenes leading into another out and making some scenes feel a little out of place after reading it, but understandable since it would lenghten the series by a half.
Oct 24, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
The episode wasn't that good but it was entertaining, so it’s ok. The fact he’s a vampire is interesting because I don’t understand why he needs to help her, that probably is a paladin xD
Oct 24, 2019 1:12 PM
Jul 2019
Man, that damn Governess was very much an intruding old hag fro telling what Elli should wear.
Oct 24, 2019 2:21 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, awesome episode!

So Elli can't even express her opinion about what she wants, i feels bad for her!

The flashback about the girls was cute!

It escalated quickly, Melida managed to be brave defending herself and Elli from that rope guys, Elli was ot affraid!

The entrance of vampir and Rose was awesome, their teamwork was impressive aswell!

So Vampir is also half vampire, it was interesting, and their vampire form was just epic, so badass!

Melida just confessed to Vampir, asking him to wait for her, lets see how it will proceed!

Mre troubles for next episode!
Oct 24, 2019 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
D1tchd1gger said:
salehxxxx said:
kufa x melida will start

@salehxxxx

Am I the only one who thinks that Kufa doesn't have any romantic feelings towards Melida?
for me it looks like he wants to stay as her teacher and guide her towards greatness.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 24, 2019 2:58 PM
Jul 2019
yes, the villain is your old generic plain antagonist, but since he's wayyy out of Kufa's league. we won't see him being a hindrance to both of them soon, y'all forgeting the main danger here is the (im guessing another assassin) Black Maeda, she's dangerous since she was sent by none other than Kufa's guild, so they must've suspected the relationship between Kufa and Melida. The animation dropped but it's still pretty good because it's a new studio
Oct 24, 2019 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Well that's where his name comes from.

It's kinda sad that we get so little information on like, everything? This world is such a unique setting but we get no world building at all. Slightly disappointed so far.
Oct 24, 2019 3:25 PM

Jun 2019
It seems that the budget was all directed towards the first episode, the animation and direction were horrible in this one.
Oct 24, 2019 3:27 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Seeing Kufa turned into a vampire was badass and now I'm interested to seeing how he became a half vampire.
Oct 24, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was pretty janky directed and awkward pacing. Felt too chuunibyouish. It wasn't bad, just the way it progressed from one thing to the next in a way that felt like it was pulling ideas out of it's ass on the fly.

It's not trash at this point, i hope this was just a bit of an off episode.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 24, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2017
phil2288 said:
Aniik8pv2 said:

One of the Chief animation directors wrote some tweets complaining about serious production issues with the Assassin's Pride anime.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/dmgo0p/another_production_meltdown_assassins_prides/

Just wanna emphasize this yet again, for notes.

Otherwise, generic villain gets in the way to grow the kidnapped Melida and make her stronger. Yep, that's always a thing.

And then the master Assassin, Kuft Vampir is his name, he's a half-human, half-vampire, a lycanthrope all-in-one.

NGL Episode 2 strayed TOO FAR from what it became to be, and this episode just emphasizes that no amount of passion nor effort was being done to adapt this. Like for what the talents are given for to make every shitty adaptation possible.

Guess I'll have to read the manga adaptation, or even the LN for that matter to digest the many cutouts of information.
Oct 24, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
Out of all the anime I'm watching this season this anime is the worst so far.

Characters: Boring

Plot: Boring

Each episode every episode has just been boring.

I don't ever drop anime... but this has just been getting worse each episode and I'm really getting tempted to drop this into the abyss and never return.
fml.
Oct 24, 2019 6:31 PM
Jun 2016
what's with the low score this show deserves more
Oct 24, 2019 6:38 PM
Oct 2018
Lancanthropes? Limit break? Counter stop? I don't understand what they're fucking saying. Those who handle plot for this anime, they're good at ruining a good anime.
Oct 24, 2019 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
This is beyond MEH and i don't know if i will continue after hearing the production issues i doubt it's gonna get better going forward

characters keep dropping names of shit i don't even know what their talking about ,best part of this episode was that there were at some point dinosaurs a clue of some kind of history in this world that they are trying to the hardest to not inform us about.

Oct 24, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2015
thanks for ruining my favorite scene in manga
Oct 24, 2019 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
The biggest problem I have with this show is that there’s not nearly enough interaction and development between the two leads to sell their relationship. We’ve seen him rescue her once, train together a bit and a handful of interactions aside from that and all of a sudden they’re swearing their undying devotion toward one another and the result is pure cringe.

This is probably going to be my first drop of the season.
Oct 24, 2019 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was confusing from the get go.
There wasn't a conclusion to the end of the tournament arc of episode 2, so I had no opinion of Ellie. I just had to follow Melida's assumption that Ellie wasn't self centered.
I tried to get context from Ellie's caretaker about the events of the tournament arc, but that amounted to nothing.

A bit of comedy kicks in, but at times in this episode it clashes heavily with the serious tone.

The world building is still lacking, yet they're force feeding more content. Lancanthropes?
A vampire and a chimera are lancanthropes, but what was the bandage guy? What stats are they maxing out? Does this fantasy world use RPG stat systems?
How many rare candies did the bandage guy use on his dynamax typhlosion?
How did dinosaurs live in a world of magical creatures?

I may as well just read the source material because the anime doesn't show me anything. I can't connect with the characters and I don't know what they're doing.
It's going too fast.
I have so many questions, but don't get answers.

It's such an interesting setting and premise, but it's not well executed.

(meanwhile, back at the studio)
Oct 24, 2019 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
D1tchd1gger said:

@salehxxxx

Am I the only one who thinks that Kufa doesn't have any romantic feelings towards Melida?
for me it looks like he wants to stay as her teacher and guide her towards greatness.

kufa seem like melida a lot he want to sacrifice his for her and he want her to surpass him he seem cold but according to the rule of love kufa x melida love one sided for now then it may become two sided or three sided
Oct 24, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2015
That form looked cool on Kura, too bad he's a vampire, it Would've been nice if he was a wolf or something. We have too many vampires in anime, the industry is too clogged with them along with demons.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 24, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2014
FireFistYK said:
As weird as it might sound, the anime is actually enjoyable. The source is probably good and the anime is rushed but so far it hasn't been bad. Yes, it's a bit tropey but it has good things going for it.

I feel like people don't five Melida enough credit for standing up for herself and trying to do things by herself instead of relying on her prince charming. Of course it comes down to sensei saving her but she was up against somebody way over her league.

+1 to this, it feels like the source is actually decent but the anime is just rushing the story way too much to try and get to what I assume are the better parts.
Oct 25, 2019 2:20 AM
Jun 2017
Milady wants her instructor to be on her side forever... well dont worry her instructor is a VAMPIRE... hahaha
Oct 25, 2019 5:07 AM

Oct 2011
How come they used Orochimaru's OST during the battle and didn't get in trouble over it?

Oct 25, 2019 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
They probably skipped even more but I know just outright skipped the scene of him dancing with the other girls and jumped straight to the tower of him offering her to dance. Weird. The pacing really feels out of place because of things like this, like characters teleporting from place to place between transitions.
Oct 25, 2019 7:56 AM
May 2016
The Vampire twist makes a lot of sense in hindsight. I just feel by making kufa a super special person and not just an assassin makes him a little less cool. The paladin twist however, did come out of nowhere, but I'm already pretty invested so the little things won't bother me too much. I feel bad for Eli, can't wait to see what they do with her and Melida as the series goes on. I enjoyed the antagonist this episode, there was just something charming about him. it's a shame that he may be a one-off when I'd like to see him play a role throughout the story
Oct 25, 2019 10:02 AM

May 2012
It is getting better and better. Best episode so far
Oct 25, 2019 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
Pardon my French but

Melida and Kufa are both f*cking BADASS.

not sure if the white hair suits him though.

I love Melida's reactions though! She's smart, brave, and struggles to the best of her ability...using everything around her to fight off the baddies...torching the Pumkin Heads... THAT'S MY GIRL. :)

Paul said:
They probably skipped even more but I know just outright skipped the scene of him dancing with the other girls

THAT'S JUST FINE WITH ME. Screw the other girls. xD

Oct 25, 2019 10:12 AM

Feb 2018
This episode make me a little interest in this anime.The fight scene was good and wonder what will happen in next ep.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

32 by pissolati »»
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.