Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2019 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We're back :D

It looks like the season is maintained a balanced amount of drama and it's refreshing to see everyone's faces again. Looks like they're just setting up for more of the season for now. However, I also find it interesting about Kazusa's role and hope that she gets some character development.

Satowa is also more positive this season with the club members. We got a bit of crying already this season :o
Oct 5, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
The two teams looking at each other and missed watching the one after them, which has Aoi-san's character, and won them. Even though main team not won (and their enemy team is #2 / same point #1), their teacher finally approved them.

Not sure main guy will rest as told or force himself with his condition.

OP as ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2010
It got into the final of the episode of first season so much that it surprised me a bit, it's been a while season after all.
It was a good episode i enjoyed it.
Emotions where all over the place and it seems there where some unexpected developments during the announcements of the winners.
But i guess any upcoming events will be interesting.
Oct 5, 2019 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
Oh come on guys don't blame Chika for everything .. he was just protecting his property, he dont want it to break ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also he just said he love her tones, thats basically marriage proposal by the rules of anime right ?
Oct 5, 2019 11:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the hiccup its nice that the team managed to pull through. Well though the excuse of how he hurt his land was lame it was better than causing guilt. Far from being a simple matter it seems that Kazusa's been observing Houzuki for quite some time. Still the insight into her past with Houzuki and the reactions that she towards her change in the present sure was insightful. While hard for her its nice that she realises that even without her her idol has grown so much in skill. The results of the contest sure was fun to see while also being quite the shocker as well. Still though the defeat was a bitter pill for both the team and Kazusa this will only serve to harden their resolve. Overall an excellent return to the series that mixed tension with revelation. Looking forward to seeing how the team can rise from their defeat. That final scene sure was touching. Frustration mixed with a determination to rise once more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2019 11:40 AM
Sep 2015
Now the anime will focus on heteromance
Oct 5, 2019 11:42 AM
May 2017
Yass! It's finally back! This episode already made me cry! Hakuto winning was surprising.
Oct 5, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
great start.

I can't wait to see 2 things this season:
- Akira Doujima
- Tenkyuu
Oct 5, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

I totally forgot they ended after the performance cause I read the manga. xD
Must've been a crazy wait for anime-only people.

Lot of emotion in this episode and I absolutely love the scene where Chika mentions how Satowa's tones have gotten gentler. Such an emotional scene as Satowa tears up. :(

It's expected they would lose after their mess up but and I couldn't help but get sad when they were all frustrated but it's good to see everyone's looking forward to the next time.

Oct 5, 2019 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see that this show is back and they picked it up from where they left off from the previous season.

Result of Chika and the others not making it was not that surprising due to Chika's hand being injured and their performance. Kazusa's team losing was quite surprising though. Mio is a character that I want to see more of tbh.

Oct 5, 2019 12:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic return, loved the OST use in this episode.

Kazusa might come off as a prick but i ended up sympathizing with how she felt. Her role model, the one she strives to be suddenly sounds completely different and that can easily shake up a thought of why you even followed her.

What i hope for her is to mellow out a little, maybe not be so focused on winning, i'm sure it can work wonders for her.

Chika once again covering for Hozuki is always a delight, love their relationship. <3

Sensei acknowledging the group's effort with his small speech, great surprise.
Oct 5, 2019 12:29 PM

Jan 2018
From this first episode things are starting to get more interesting, especially now that we got past the introductions and gimmicks of the music.

Leo said:
Kazusa's team losing was quite surprising though. Mio is a character that I want to see more of tbh.

I feel both Kazusa and Mio will take a larger role this season... Especially Mio.

Smudy said:

Chika once again covering for Hozuki is always a delight, love their relationship. <3

I usually don't do this, but my god this ship is sailing! Not for the kind of couple we normally root for but for the character growth of Satowa and Chika...
Oct 5, 2019 12:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great to have this show back! :)

As expected, Tokise didn't manage to qualify despite their stellar performance in the second half but that's just how competitions go I'm afraid. I certainly didn't imagine Kazusa's team to not qualify either, must've been some top-tier performances from the top 8 yikes.

With that said, I couldn't help but feel conflicted and sorry for the team. Seeing them tear up like that after Sensei's little approval there really dug deep. Props to Sensei there though, he really nailed his role for once (plus that little save from earlier too of course).

Romance is thickening too meanwhile! God, Chika's comment and sharp reply on Hazuki's change of tones to Kazuki there was so sweet. I've been on board on this ship since the start and I can't wait to see how it progresses from here onwards! Next ep preview suggests another front to blossom soon as well and the title better be referring to these developments too lol!

Solid start, and most definitely up for more!

Lelouch0202 said:
I totally forgot they ended after the performance cause I read the manga. xD
Must've been a crazy wait for anime-only people.

Absolutely, lol. You've no idea, that was some crazy and evil cliffhanger earlier ffs.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
don't know how much I will be invested in this show....compared to season one...for now just watching
Oct 5, 2019 1:12 PM
Oct 2012
Ahhh, I missed this anime so much! In the first ep and already made me cry!
Chika and Satowa, my couple! Full of indirect statements, I love how their relationship is evolving!
I was sad for the group, but with the big mistake, it was impossible to win.
I look forward to seeing the evolution of the group itself and of course the other school groups!

Oct 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Jan 2018
I was really looking forward to this season. Some of my favourite moments of the series are in this one. So can't wait to see them.
Oct 5, 2019 1:18 PM
Jan 2015
Ready to see more Chika and Satowa moments animated ^_^
My Queens

Oct 5, 2019 1:32 PM
Jul 2019
I can see a Chika and Satowa romance on the horizon.
Oct 5, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2015
I don't even need to watch the whole season to know that's gonna be a masterpiece.
Oct 5, 2019 2:12 PM

Jan 2016
Glad to be back! This season should be even better if they stick to the source material.
Oct 5, 2019 2:34 PM
Apr 2019
Good episode. Cant wait to hear the music there going to play next
Oct 5, 2019 2:49 PM

Mar 2019
The 2nd season of a very good anime, I hope it stays on the same level as the first season
Oct 5, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2018
This was the anime I was probably the most excited about this season and it feels to be a good start to it.
It picked up where the 1st season ended so there wasn't any confusion what's going on and also seems to be a build up for later episodes.
Oct 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
It's back, and it's already moving me! I don't see why Takinami-sensei lied like that, I guess he didn't want Kurusu to blame herself, but it was still better, and closer to the truth than Kudou's lie so it's fine. lol And that girl from Himesaka is so annoying. I mean, I get her, the one she admired is changing, and playing with other people, but still. What does she have to gain from going after Kudou like that? And it almost affected Houzuki negatively too, but thankfully Kudou said the right thing again.

And I love that she bought all those strawberry flavored snacks for him, and how he loved it so much that he didn't even share it. xD As someone who also loves strawberry flavor, I truly get Kudou, it's the best. lol And she thanked him for what he said, it was really cute. And it was sad, but yes, they weren't going to win here. At least their advisor is truly on their side right now, and I'm sure he is going to help them to get better. Here's hoping Kudou can make a full recovery soon, and that we get to see more of the other characters, like Ousuke, and that oddball called Mio, who is also pretty talented. lol
Oct 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Dec 2016
I was waiting like crazy to watch this second season and the day finally arrives. Good episode!

I can see Satowa and Chika care for each other >w> They are cuties and I missed their interactions a lot <3 Chika don't want to share Satowa's gift with no one which was hilarious. Just how precious can he be? <3

It's too bad they didn't make it :/ but next time they will make a comeback and surprise everyone. I can feel it!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 5, 2019 4:09 PM

Jul 2017
Finally back and the ship is sailing full stretch

Was pretty expected they were gonna lose, like how the show actually showed the announcement segment unlike most music shows which usually just skip to after the results were announced in that type of scenario (where they make a mistake in the beginning only to pick it up at the end)
Oct 5, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
The koto dumbs are back and they're still dumb xD seriously though, I missed these guys. It's great to see that despite the break, the anime didn't lose any of its momentum - nor any of its heart and soul. Did hope it'd get a different timeslot, because it's been the absolute worst for me since the first episode, but oh well, just my personal issue. I'm also wary of That One Ship™ - this isn't a romance anime, so to me it just feels shoehorned in for fanservice purposes. Will see how far it goes, I guess.
Oct 5, 2019 4:51 PM
Jul 2019
That cliffhanger was straight up sadistic, even though you could easily guess the eventual outcome. Really happy to have more of this show.
Oct 5, 2019 5:29 PM

Mar 2014
yup this season has this and chihayahuru. pretty satisfied.
Oct 5, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2016
Glad to have this back and this episode already set things up for a restart(imo this would've been way more fitting as a season finale but whatever)

What a tough pill to swallow for Tokise high, but in all honesty, they had it coming and deserved this lesson in humility. I remember Takezou and Chika not taking Hakuto seriously and there were some scenes where they were foreshadowed as the dark horse.

Don't feel sorry for Kazusa either. I mean her "androphobia" was kinda funny. However, what she said here was pretty disrespectful. Still looking forward to her development now.

Overall a very nice start and I honestly can't wait to dive further into this series again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
IT'S BACK! And it's just like it never left, i fucking loved this episode.

I mean, i already saw that coming, that they would lose the tournament, but now they've gained even more strength to move forward and practice hard for the next competition and aim for the nationals. Meanwhile, Chika just gave a superb lesson to that bitch that i don't even know her name lmao, and for me, that was the most satisfying part of this episode. Defending Satowa while she was right there in the back listening, i liked that, and when the tears fell from her eyes, oh man, that was beautiful and heartwarming to witness.

The Chika x Satowa ship is sailing and i couldn't be happier!

Waiting for next week!
Oct 5, 2019 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
God this episode was so good. Great episode to get back on. All those strawberry snacks though! lol.

PROTECT THAT SMILE!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 5, 2019 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
So happy they are back! Awesome episode, it made me cry too. Looking forward for more ships 😁😁😁

Oct 5, 2019 7:08 PM
Jan 2019
I can't wait for the next episode
Oct 5, 2019 7:29 PM

Mar 2019

That Kasuza girl is a motherfucking annoying self-entitled yandere brat

If i were Satowa I would surely interrupt her and shut her up
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 5, 2019 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
I feel like the quality of the story dropped a little. Not sure why, but something felt like it was missing.

Kouta wasn't wearing his usual pink hoodie. That surprised me.
Oct 5, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2018
Wooo I'm so thrilled to continue watching this

I wanted to see Hakuto's performance since end of last season, now I'm disappointed :c

The results were kinda surprising. Do they give out a prize per region? Seems a bit messed up to me tbh but well whatever

Chika telling the fangirl off was hella satisfying
I wonder where the focus lies now? At the end I thought on competitions/nationals
But after the tease for "becoming aware" I'm not quite sure anymore and rather think it's going to be romance focused

Or it's just gonna be both again, wouldn't complain about that- rather appreciate it

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 5, 2019 9:43 PM

Aug 2018
Finally ma fav anime is back!!!
I'm glad they start where the season 1 ended and did a little recap of what happened.

Also damn.... that was a very emotional start, i like it. It's better that they lost cuz they have a lot to improve as a group and their performance was good but its not national caliber performance its not yet there.

I miss Satowa and the gang
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 5, 2019 10:06 PM

Apr 2017
I've missed this show.
I want to see a ship sail 😉😉
The announcement of results was breathtaking.

Oct 5, 2019 10:26 PM
Jun 2017
I’m so glad season two is here!
Oct 5, 2019 11:48 PM

Apr 2019
K1ngOfSloth said:
Wooo I'm so thrilled to continue watching this

I wanted to see Hakuto's performance since end of last season, now I'm disappointed :c

The results were kinda surprising. Do they give out a prize per region? Seems a bit messed up to me tbh but well whatever

Chika telling the fangirl off was hella satisfying
I wonder where the focus lies now? At the end I thought on competitions/nationals
But after the tease for "becoming aware" I'm not quite sure anymore and rather think it's going to be romance focused

Or it's just gonna be both again, wouldn't complain about that- rather appreciate it

maybe the storyline show the hakuto's perform at the end of cour 2 anime.
MOE POWERRR !!!

Oct 6, 2019 12:55 AM
Mar 2015
What a way to come back wit this story. The feelings, the loss and the resolution to continue and get better. This is going to be a season full of emotions!
Oct 6, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2008
Oh yes! what a great start of this shows Second season!
the emotions poured in all directions lolz...and felt like a season ender lolz..
OP again by Shouta Aoi was amazing! he is such a great performer!
5/5.

Oct 6, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2017
Ah, this show...that left us on a cliffhanger in Spring. Glad to have the continuation in high expectations.

Hozuki sure still has the hots for Chika, that's as much as I remember now, going forward. And that exhilarating turnaround of a performance. I would definitely love to see their relationship grow more now. Maybe as a ship to the max of my perceptions.

But as usual, Himesaka, the rival school that had her before aren't pleased with how Tokise took her in and changed her play into something else, not one of burden, but one of reconciliation and teamwork. Gentleness, not skill nor technique, is the answer to curing her past and getting her tone back.

The outcome of the competition has had Kurata and Co. of the Koto Club in shivers of another rival school, one even less famous than theirs. AND THAT'S A BIG PROBLEM, considering that the famous schools was always their rivals, and forgetting about the small details cost them greatly.

Takminami-sensei sure is rough, but he was not so blatant about their performance, nothing but the truth. Even though I disliked how rough he was in Season 1, this solidifies his character as not only their advisor, but one who is also an audience to them.

Season 2 is starting strong! Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 6, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2019
I am so very glad this show returned.

The fangirl was annoying as hell, good thing Chika basically told her to get lost. From now on I expect their club teacher to do some.. teaching I guess? Though, I must admit the made up excuse for Chika`s hand sounded riddiculous.

'Sorry, I had to teach this boi who's boss, so I smacked him against the bathroom wall'
Everybody be like: Oh, that's just Takinami-sensei for you. lol
Oct 6, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2015
So this great series is continuing finally. And finally the season has started for me. First of the major things I plan to watch.

Great first episode. I guess the next episodes will be more calm though - otherwise they would not have used the announcement of the results for this episode. (To have an interesting episode for the start to get people hooked again.)

Weird that this hasn't yet the romance tag here on MAL. Soo obious that at lest 2 of those chars like each other even if there isn't main focus.
Oct 6, 2019 7:15 AM

Jun 2016
the story and drama getting interesting on s2
Oct 6, 2019 7:29 AM

Mar 2017
Yaaaay, the koto kids are back! Ah, i missed this anime and all the warmth it brings haha

I kinda knew that Tokise wasn't going to win but i'm happy that they gained that bastard club adviser's recognition! I'm also happy that Kazusa was put in her place... she's so damn selfish with the way she dictates how Hozuki should play the koto!

I melted inside at that Hozuki x Chika moment too... i want mooooore! And throw in some Takezou x Kurusu moments too haha
Oct 6, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad that this series is back! I enjoyed the first season, so I look forward to seeing what this season has to offer :D

It's kind frustrating seeing them lost. Hopefully, they can make a comeback soon!

4/5

Oct 6, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2012
Well, all sports anime need this to happen for it to improve. I'm okay with it.

Good start to the new season! Cool to see Kono and Chihaya airing in the same season :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

120 by Crowfinger »»
Sep 12, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

80 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 16, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.