Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 22, 2019 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting that the competition picks up even more this episode. I mean, a singing competition with more than 200,000 candidates...damn. Only a few will be selected and tbh, I think this level of competition is very intense.

I gotta give credit to both Carole and Tuesday for having taking part of this. Not easy for them.
May 22, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
The guys just realized about Singing Audition Show... 2 months after the two met.

129 for every size? That's fat and short...

HiroC's character also suggested his girl about the same show. But also entered her to special slot.

lol @ SNS guy in that stage (CV: Shouta Aoi). He's also one of the competitors. lol @ that robo also in that competition. Many performances that made the judges headpalm. That samurai does well.

Tuesday naming herself Monday to prevent from her family to get noticed (the competition is w. camera). Tuesday has been showing sad face after hearing what Carole said during the audition about herself.

ex-child actress idol's manager? "mother"? wanting her to return to her. She was taking medicine that she did something... She refused, though.

Both of them starts to get to know each other. Kind of interesting to see that the two girls running behind them looks like young them. Wow, her brother went to Harvard?

Bad news was about the money (their manager used them to get more money... facepalm), and good news was
tsubasaloverMay 22, 2019 10:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2019 11:24 PM

Nov 2014
I actually really like some of the contestants' songs, like IDEA, the Martian, the dead mother song, they all cracked me up XD. The guy that hummmmed reminds me of Special Head from America's Got Talent.

I wonder if they gave back the glasses lol
May 23, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2018
This was a dramatic episode with no singing, guess its ok once in a while.

Tuesday feels sad that she didn't know much about Carole after being together with her for so long. Nice that Carole cheered her up. They started getting to know each other.

Looks they passed the audition for Mars Got Talent Brightest
TsubasavoMay 23, 2019 3:19 AM
May 23, 2019 7:31 AM
Apr 2019
Just one thing. Was that the laundry guy who showed them the 'sign'?
May 23, 2019 8:25 AM
Mar 2015
Loved their hand sign
May 23, 2019 8:54 AM
Sep 2011
Yoooo that "native Martian" contestant was a Vitas reference lmao.
May 23, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
evilcorn said:

Oh my, that lip-drilling reference haha, true to its weird antic source.

Mars "Got Talent" Brightest is here, and Carole and Tuesday are given the shot to make their another-time shot. And I'd swear their manager is the one who always creates bad things for them.

Carole leading a double-sided life, one with Tuesday, and the other with her former manager. That's what causing Tuesday to be nervous around Carole woth her fame. But Carole in her wisdom, convinces Tuesday to be herself and make it big. Character drama, good.

Good news, they made it. And the weird "bro fist" thing ah...sure it is culture.

Good episode and stuff.
KANLen09May 23, 2019 9:11 AM
May 23, 2019 9:09 AM
Nov 2018
This episode was dramatic and especially well done, i really liked how funny the contestants peformances were. This show is a bang every week and a true pleasure for all of us.
May 23, 2019 9:09 AM
Nov 2018
evilcorn said:

The internet never ceases to amaze me XD XD.
May 23, 2019 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
Kind of middle of the road episode but still enjoyable, some of the contestants were funny where as a few of them felt a bit too in your face. Getting a bit more depth to tuesday and carole's relationship really felt long overdue, wasnt an amazing moment or anything but it was nice. The best part of the episode was absolutly the stuff with angela though, the way it handled addressing domestic abuse was really well done and pretty chilling especially with the dry blood on the wall.

I wont deny I do sometimes wonder why this series isnt better than it is cause its got pretty much everything working for it but for some reason it never really rises above being just pretty good. I dont think its a problem to have a solid 7/10 though I just fear the show is gonna be unfairly judged cause of the staff behind it's past works being held in comparison, at least its better than zankyou.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 23, 2019 10:31 AM
Jun 2015
Beichuuka said:
Just one thing. Was that the laundry guy who showed them the 'sign'?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have a feeling that dude will randomly show up from time to time throughout the show.
May 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
This show does a lot of things well, but a lot of things wrong. I really want this anime to be good, i put my standards really high after the first few episodes since they were really good. But its starting to lose shape. We had an obvious scammer of a robot that the characters couldn't realize was a scam a few episodes back, and now they didnt even show their audition for Mars Brightest. Their performances are literally the biggest things about the show. Having some backstory about both Carole and Tuesday was nicely done but I just can't get over how they skipped their performance and instead put about 3 minutes of comedic auditions. It's good to have comedy but I think a minute and a half of the comedic auditions followed by a minute and a half of Carole and Tuesday's audition would have been so much better. As i said, this anime does a lot of things really well but also does some things really poorly.
May 23, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
The characters are likable enough, so I can ignore the fulfil-your-dream story tropes. But, I still think the sci-fi is too weird. It doesn't look or feel much different than our current world, so the story should've taken place in the present. Even their phones and everything are the exact same as what we have now. Or, maybe the sci-fi will become more important later; we are not even halfway through, so I can't judge.
May 23, 2019 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
So, we're going American idol? Oh bloody hell
May 23, 2019 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
God, I never liked casting shows, not even as a child. But ok, it wasn't as bad as expected and some comedy parts were at least somewhat amusing. I still could've lived without the cringy handshake xD

And yeah, more focus on the intimate side of Carole's and Tuesday's relationship was definitely the highlight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2017
I wish we could have gotten to see their audition. Sounds interesting. Also, weren't they supposed to return those glasses? People going "ROOOODDDDY" gives my life meaning. I loved that guy coming up and telling them their handshake sucked. The OP and ED get released in a few days, I can't wait!
May 23, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
Love that Laundromat Guy is a recurring character
May 23, 2019 12:24 PM

Feb 2016
Lmfao, can't believe they referenced Vitas here xD, this anime never ceases to amuse me. This episode was pure gold lmfao. Also, that dead mother's song lmao.

Seems like Tuesday finally got the guts and will go all in no matter what happens.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 23, 2019 12:33 PM

Jan 2018
wholesome as always, Tues decision to show her face in front of camera will bite them later.
May 23, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
This ep, almost like the best of UK/USA idol show!

evilcorn said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to notice this!
May 23, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
OH MY GOD THAT 7TH ELEMENT REFERENCE

Carole and Tuesday getting more intimate was definitely the highlight of this episode, could've done without the cringy handshake tho
May 23, 2019 1:22 PM

May 2015
Aw, I wanted to see their audition so we could see the judges faces after finally getting some good contestants. Good episode though.

♡ artist
サコ
May 23, 2019 2:18 PM

Feb 2019
Every time I watch an episode of this I hate that I have to wait another week for the next one. This is the only anime that has managed to do that for me this season.

A few of the contestants got some genuine laughs out of me. The character drama was, while short, quite enjoyable. I hope these tidbits of character backstories will be more thoroughly revealed soon. I have tons of questions.

Also, why was Tuesday not worried about being on camera at the festival? It seems like that would have been a likely place for it to happen.
May 23, 2019 2:22 PM
Nov 2017
Did you guys see that Cowboy Bebop reference? Tues said "Whatever happens, happens" :)
May 23, 2019 2:37 PM
Jan 2019
The auditions had me dying.
May 23, 2019 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
Somehow the anime can't captivate me. In my opinion it tries to cover too many genres and it misses a clear vision what it wants to be. Although the scenes are done well for themselves, their atmospheres differ greatly resulting in a story flow which lacks coherence. For example the in-your-face comedy auditions are based on funny ideas, but they contrast the more calm moments inappropriately which should have setted the tone for this episode due to their importance for Carol, Tuesday as well as Angela.
In addition I've found the handling of the casting show rather uncreative considering the futuristic setting.
May 23, 2019 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
The audition is pure gold lol
May 23, 2019 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
MAN, this show is chill as fuck dude. I been loving every second of it so far.

Seeing all those ridiculous contestants took me back to when I was still watching American Idol back in the day. I just need them to include a Simon Cowell character as one of the judges and it would have been golden.
May 23, 2019 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
Really good episode, Carole and Tuesday got some further characterization here. They have been running headfirst into their dream, and didn't stop to really learn more about each other yet. At least this is what Tuesday thought when she said that she doesn't know "the first thing" about Carole, but getting to know each other is really something gradual, which only happens with time. But she could also face that she lacks confidence, her mother possibly made her feel like a failure for not being able to live up to her expectations, maybe without even knowing it. And it isn't hard to see that she felt lonely because her mother was busy with her work, her father was absent, and her brother was probably too busy studying. But now she isn't alone anymore, and she is doing what she wants to do, she is happy while singing. And Carole is also getting to know herself better and fighting for what she wants because Tuesday is with her. It was also good to learn more about Carole's past too, even if it was poignant. She didn't even see her hardships as hardships because it was all "normal" to her.

About the talent show, I think that even though it might not be enough to secure them a career for sure, it is a surefire way to open doors for them. And I think it's interesting that they are going to face Angela, who right now doesn't think she can lose to "amateurs", and unless some incredibly talented dark horse appears, they may win, or lose to her. Some of those entries were really funny by the way. xD And the plot with Angela's mama thickens. I didn't think they were family for real, but it seems she is the one who raised her. I wonder what she did under the side-effects of her medication, but whatever it was, Angela is living by herself now and she doesn't seem to miss her old house. Well, I'm a bit bummed I didn't get to hear them singing this time, but I can't wait for the competition to start. And I love how Roddy went there to check on them, and I hate how Gus wasted their money with gambling. They would be wise to not leave it with him anymore. lol
May 23, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode. They finally kinda got Tuesday her background that was long overdue (still not much though). Also, Angela got one too (poor girl with a father who is projecting his success into her, beating her along the way).

As for the competition, it's obvious Angela wins. Either way, they would get the exposure they want at least as being in Top8 is a big deal. But if I have to predict big twist Tuesday's mother would have her withdraw from the competition and brings her back home to add more drama. Could be they won't be able to sing in the final at all to postpone their success.
May 23, 2019 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
I really wanted to see their audition. :( Oh well..
May 23, 2019 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
Another fantastic episode. That handshake at the end was so damn goofy. Going on a talent show actually seems like a good idea, and making it so they only select 8 means they won't have to spend a long time eliminating people down to a final 2 (assuming that's how it's formatted).

But hey yo those Angela backstory hints. So her Mama was likely her Dad at some point, but has transitioned to female. Pretty rare to see that. Especially when it's not just some trap designed to give you degenerates confused boners. But it seems side effects of the transition, be it from drugs or other things, led to a potentially abusive household for Angela. Pretty cool stuff.

Caroline didn't have it too great as a kid either, but I think how nonchalant she was about it really put Tuesday's issues into perspective. That was a nice moment of reflection/bonding time. Also I'm really glad she won't be disguising herself on stage.
May 23, 2019 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was strange as much as it was intended though that 7th Element reference was great but the first half just had me going like the drew meme "what am i even watching"

don't know if that was the same brother from the laundromat but that was not the voice i was expecting the VA inconsistency in this show is still the worse part for me due to how jarring it is.

still American idol talent show is a fun thing to do for a arc
May 23, 2019 6:30 PM

Apr 2011
Really enjoyed the audition segment.

But really Gus? Dog Racing? Surely there's a better form of gambling on Mars...
May 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
The auditions were pretty amusing. xD

Loving Carole and Tuesday's hand sign.
Also, Dog Racing? What? I hope we get to see once of those. :3
May 23, 2019 7:14 PM

May 2016
Holy shit that was a REALLY fucking good episode! Easily the best yet, a straight 10/10 from me. Really wanna know who wrote and directed this one.

It gave some much needed and really great character development and character interactions--the most heartfelt yet--and a lot of very beautiful shots... And some really funny moments as well! All the auditions were awesome haha, especially the dubstep grandma (martian man has my vote though).

Oh and the city is looking so good. And the track that played while Angela and her mom were driving through the nighttime cityscape... Ah I loved it! Despite so many great ones this ep I think my favourite scene is definitely Angela's - I really, really loved how she described her old home and how it expressed the feelings of suffocation she used to feel living there. I feel like there are definitely going to be a lot of parallels between her and Tuesday's characters down the line, they sort of mirror each other--both seemingly chasing an escape from the shackles of their past lives and proper freedom for their individuality, and in this latest episode--feeling loneliness on that journey.

I really loved these shots - the pressure is on Tao, and despite people confronting him from both sides he's still always unflinchingly faced forward, towards his machine. I'm really looking forward to seeing how his character develops as this pressure continues to rise and he finds it harder and harder to have complete faith in his methods--methods he seems to have built much of his identity around. He feels closer to and trusts more his machine than he does people.

Those glasses 100% suit Tuesday. SO CUTE. And this was a really great moment besides that of course too--Tuesday is actually seeing her partner for the first time with open, attentive eyes. She had been so caught up in the whirl of things up till now that she hadn't yet had the chance to realize just how little she really knows about the girl she sings with. She was operating on the pretense that they were already super close having done so much together now and after getting on so well, yet these things Carole said here--big, important, character-defining things about her background and life--came largely as a surprise to her. This was the exact moment of realization of both her own naivety, and of the actual strength of the person that stood before her--strength she hadn't truly been appreciating. At the end of the day you really can't fully appreciate someone if you don't even know of and understand a little of their story.
I feel like this will prove to be a really key moment in the show, since up till that bench scene this episode it really hasn't felt like our two protagonists have had a single proper heart-to-heart convo. Despite getting on so well they haven't felt truly connected as partners and as friends, and I think this will now start to change--now that the dust has settled and they can truly start to take in each others' characters and selves.

Such beautiful shots, and not just because the setting is a nighttime Sci-Fi cityscape with glaring lights (my greatest weakness)... well. Okay for the first two maybe, but I especially loved the last one. It's so... empty and desolate. All three of the shots are really--they give off such a sense of empty space, though the last conveys her feelings the best. Angela may much prefer this new home of hers, and she may feel much more free--but she is very clearly still lacking something important. Something still needs to be filled in.

Unlike Tuesday, Angela has no Carole by her side in this city and journey... And I'd hate to think how differently Tuesday's story would have gone if she had never met Carole and gotten that much needed chance to connect with someone and be properly heard.

Throughout this episode Angela and her situation served well as a parallel for just how lucky Tuesday is to have those she does by her side, and I think their stories will continue to parallel one another as we see both develop. (And I'm really hoping for a happy ending - one where all three become friends. A bit of C&T would really do Angela some good :( ).

The composition of these shots is so great. It may be a bit on the nose, but still. It conveys Tuesday's feelings so well (and the backgrounds are so nice!). I love how she was shown to be feeling increasingly separated and distanced from Carole the more time she had to think and reflect on her realization that they weren't as close as she'd thought--she was making a stranger of her friend. Angela isn't the only one feeling lonely this episode, both her and Tuesday's characters are feeling loneliness in not connecting with people, but both in different ways. The story of this episode showcased how the feeling of isolation isn't just something those without good friends get, and that for all the feeling of being properly connected with someone is one that requires proper attention and maintenance work to keep. (The "maintenance work" here being sitting down and having a proper heart-to-heart talk once in awhile).

Such wonderful visual storytelling. These four shots say it all. How Tuesday starts alone, looking lost and feeling separated, but then Carole comes into frame and shares Tuesday's gaze/perspective, but with a slightly different attitude--one unclouded by the things weighing Tuesday down--and then how they come to stand back up together, with the city and world now fully in view, ready once again to face it together... I especially loved that third shot with the two benches in frame, one empty and one not - even though she's feeling lonely right now, Tuesday isn't alone--she's in this together with someone, and that someone grew concerned and as a result of Tuesday trusting that person she came to open herself up and let her emotions out. She could connect and get better. Tuesday's loneliness had a much different ending to Angela's this episode.
ZaugrMay 23, 2019 10:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 7:16 PM

Aug 2018
I really liked the episode & its idea of a talent show ! But... c'mon they hid the most important part aka the singing part. Very disappointed by this decision, but anyway.

Great news they got selected to the main event.
May 23, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2015
Mars version of the x-factor, Lol! Glad they got through.

Didn't know mama was a sausage, I just thought he was a woman with a coarse voice that's all.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 23, 2019 7:23 PM
May 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
...the sci-fi is too weird...doesn't look or feel much different than our current world...their phones and everything are the exact same as what we have now...

Terraformed Mars and commonplace Artificial Intelligences -- I think they are enough science fiction.

I don't think there's something wrong about the vision of future technology of 'Carole and Tuesday'. Technology advances through evolutions, not revolutions. The year 2000 went and flying cars still aren't commonplace on 2019. I think it's the most probable vision of future technology.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 23, 2019 8:14 PM
Apr 2013
Another great episode (even without a musical performance from our main girls). Really nice to hear more of the backgrounds of the characters and how they revealed it to each other. When I read the synopsis on the site I wondered how Tuesday would deal with it, but she will do it head on and that is admirable. The worlds of Angela and Carole & Tuesday will collide soon! Also, great music is upcoming from some of the other artists on the show. I really can't wait until next week.

Edit: I forgot about Angela and the abuse of her father...who is now Mama. How sad and no wonder she wants to be away and successful on her own.
darkdragon88May 23, 2019 10:59 PM
May 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Feb 2015
Looking for opportunities, they decided that Carole and Tuesday are gonna participate in a singing contest, but they must enter to a filter of two thousand competitors. Dahlia talked with Tao and Angela, Tao decided that she’s gonna enter to the same contest, but she’ll skip the filter, entering directly to the eight participants. Carole and Tuesday showed up to the audition. Tuesday realized that Carole has had a difficult life and felt selfish and depressed, but Carole encouraged her. Gus and Roddy informed them that they were selected.

The martian guy was really funny, actually the participants were all funny, and that AI garbage appeared again. I thought, and forgive if I’m wrong, that Tuesday was depressed cause she was thinking about the different opportunities with which both them were born and Tuesday felt like wasting everything, like she didn’t realize the kind of problems, but the story used the word selfish, at the end, maybe is all the same thing.
May 23, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
kay we got some character development this time around...noice; love it lads
Don't believe the hype.
May 23, 2019 8:49 PM

May 2015
A nice little episode, sad there was no singing but I think next episode is gonna be good, Roddy is still my little angel <3
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
May 23, 2019 9:27 PM
May 2019
That handshake at the end was kawaii as fuck.
May 23, 2019 9:51 PM
Jun 2017
This episode showed another way of starting a career, and that is by joining singing competition. And well its hard to be a judge since you need to hear many singers (amateurs) and select only few of them.

Lets see how far Carole and tuesday will be in that competition.
May 23, 2019 10:49 PM

May 2017
Great episode as always. Loved the moment when Tuesday glanced at Carole in the audition realizing "hold up.. how is it that I live and do everything together with Carole and yet don't really know anything about her at all?" The little conversation on the bench that followed up was touching. I love these two. The chemistry is so on point, the voice acting, the character designs, the animation, the music.. man this show is good. You can't deny the fact that this show is original and unique when it comes to anime.
May 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, this episode had some amusing moments. I wasn't expecting Carole and Tuesday to take part in the Mars version of the X-Factor/Got Talent type of shows, but it also gave out some really funny characters.

My favourite two was the Martian guy whose song must be inspired by Jojo's "Lero lero lero" cherry tongue twister scene, and the old lady whose song that her deceased mother sung to her was technically a dubstep song. I was actually surprised that she sung it well, too, inclding the bass drops. XD

This episode did have some serious moments, as well. Angela's past was touched on where it was heavily hinted that her mother used to be her father. To have a character that undergone a sex change is super rare in anime, but by what Angela went on about her past, it sounds like she was also abused by her mother with physical violence, most likely down to her mother's medication side effects. Poor girl. D=

Either way, both Carole and Tuesday are through into the last eight contestants, with Tuesday's confidence returning after having a nice heart-to-heart chat with Carole earlier, and their cool handshake taught to them by a kind passer-by was cute and awesome.

I hope both girls win the competition, but that means they'll have to beat Angela, too. Best of luck to them. =3
May 23, 2019 11:45 PM
Nov 2013
Really liked seeing them becoming closer as friends and the auditions were funny. It's rare when I find an anime that I don't want the episodes to end, this is truly my favorite anime this year so far besides Mob Psycho II.
May 24, 2019 2:41 AM

Mar 2017
That audition was crazy lol.
Great thing they made it to top 8. That's one huge step.
Angela is competing too. They'll meet soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

159 by Gorgos »»
Sep 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.