Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 16, 2018 4:32 AM

Jun 2016
Damn this thread is toxic. I found this Anime very hard to get into, but to me it's getting better with every episode.

Mitsuro is still the parasyte I like the least. Other than Zorome, who I disliked before the last episode, he did not grow onto me in the slightest. The only interesting thing is that they might be hinting at him being gay? Just as Ikuno might be lesbian?

I felt bad for Futoshi and didn't like seeing Kokoro basically walk out on him. Yeah he was a bit pathetic, but come on, who wasn't at that age when feelings like that got involved?
Aug 27, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
To me, Kokoro being the one to give that speech to Mitsuru after doing Futoshi bad was so out of place. Like ..you just became the thing that Mitsuru obviously hates and is pained by, so in what world is a person like that going to be the solace he's looking for?

Just seems like bad writing but if I'm being honest it's definitely been a down hill thing since episode 6....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 29, 2018 8:50 PM
Jan 2018
Venom900 said:
To me, Kokoro being the one to give that speech to Mitsuru after doing Futoshi bad was so out of place. Like ..you just became the thing that Mitsuru obviously hates and is pained by, so in what world is a person like that going to be the solace he's looking for?

Just seems like bad writing but if I'm being honest it's definitely been a down hill thing since episode 6....

I think instead this choice is made on purpose. Let me explain, maybe the author wanted to convey the message that what Mitsuru thinks is true, about the fact that having too many expectations on someone will make you suffer. But it is equally true that putting trust in other people can also bring benefits. In fact, in the character of Kokoro we see that it makes Futoshi suffer but it also makes Mitsuru improve
Oct 3, 2018 12:20 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
So in this episode focuses back to Mitsuru and develops on his past relationship with Hiro and how he changed because Hiro forgot his promise. This backstory is literally rushed, I know it's only 1 episode, but couldn't the show explores on their relationship naturally across the whole of this show instead on specific episodes.

Come to think of it, the show has started to become one where different story arises from every single episode since the beach episode. It feels as if the main plot is abandoned or something...

Well, I'll see... I like this episode though, even if Mitsuru's backstory and how he started to be a put more faith and believe in people was explained quite badly. The fact that Mitsuru changed this way in this episode might make him a less annoying character.

Sinc the beach episode there is a hint of Mitsuru X Kokoro
ShadowkillZOct 3, 2018 3:26 PM
Dec 8, 2018 2:08 AM

Mar 2018
I'm just glad that creepy fatso got what he deserved.Yeah liking someone is nice, but these things has other side too.Value other peoples thoughts and don't be pushy.Kokoro tried to not hurt his feelings, but it was bound to happen.Better sooner than later.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Dec 16, 2018 2:25 AM
Dec 2017
i'm start liking this anime
Dec 25, 2018 6:17 AM

Jun 2015
feeling like the connection mitsuru felt between him and hiro was more of a kind of love? it was one episode so i can't tell for sure, but it seemed like that a little bit.
Feb 4, 2019 10:21 PM

Jun 2017
I find Mitsuru's reasoning's for disliking Hiro kinda petty.
Most kids don't remember HALF of the promises that they made to each other, it was his choice to make that the reason to dislike Hiro over it... Just saying, he needs to grow a pair
Feb 6, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
I seriously can not at all stand nor give less of a damn for any of the side characters. The only thing that would seriously disappoint me about them is if they all survive at the end >_>
Feb 7, 2020 6:37 AM

Oct 2014
That Futoshi / Kokoro dynamic was too real. I've seen similar scenario play out in real life. Being "nice" doesnt extend to romantic relationships. She's not going to reciprocate your love out of kindness nor is she going to find you attractive out of pity. That's not how the world works.

She saw an opportunity to get out of this over-bearing partnership and took it, as most girls would tbh. As for the part where she lied, I mean whats she going to say? The truth? "I think youre a fat pig and annoying".
Apr 20, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
I hoped that Mitsuru and Kokoro would not become partners, since it was foreshadowed in a few episodes already. But it actually happened and I really dislike it. Mitsuru is an arrogant asshole and I guess Kokoro fits Hachiman's description of a "nice girl" only all too well.

May 5, 2020 4:20 AM

Feb 2018
Give me more Mitsuru
May 12, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Stampede mode huh ... I love it!
If that giant Klaxosaur was made out of all the small ones, why would it still have a singular core and immediately destroy it?
Glad Mitsuru has snapped out of his emotional phase, I wonder if he feels like Hiro is more than a friend to him.
Jun 4, 2020 5:15 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Surely, the strongest strength this show has going for it is the character cast. It is a show that neglects no one, I love that. I just said the last episode that Zorome climbed a lot of ranks in a single episode, and here you have yet another episode that had Mitsuru, a character I never thought would be redeemable do the same as well.

I wonder if the partner shuffle is going to be a permanent thing, and I don't know how to feel, the poor dude got rejected while I do like Mitsuru and Kokoro's ship.
Jul 6, 2020 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
A "meh" episode all around. Its good to give the other team members some backstory and development but I am having a hard time caring about their angsty drama. Need more focus on 02 but it seems atm that she only cares about Hiro in that he helps her goal in killing the monsters and nothing else.

I suppose Hiro did remember that he wanted her to open up to him but didn't follow through on the lifeless city line though, guess that question won't be answered.
Jul 24, 2020 7:01 AM

Jun 2020
loved to hear torikago again in the OST when mitsuru & kokoro connected back

also the previous zorome episode was really great but this fell a little flat as compared to his episode. nevertheless a great episode & jesus why were people bitchin bout 02 & hiro not getting enough screen time i'm pretty sure they would be the same people to complain otherwise of lack of character development if the entire anime was just 02 & hiro i fail to see how it's not a good thing that the other characters are getting such great development, i am enjoying this thoroughly!

also the mitsuru-is-gay undertones are so strong lol

and why is kokoro obligated to return futoshi's feelings lol i'm GLAD she switched partners either way he was whining WAY too much that's not how you get a girl goodbye futoshi learn a thing or 2 from goro who at least has his pride intact

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 7, 2020 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
Well...This was pretty cheesy. I mean, this episode was literally just "Hey, see this character who happens to be super moody and in rivalry with the mc ? Well he actually got betrayed in the past and now he has a hard time trusting others boo boo it's saaaad !!!" Shows trying to give a character a tragic backstory that's actually anything but tragic are just so laughable. Especially if I don't already care at least a little bit about the character involved.
I don't dislike Mitsuru, and actually this episode made me appreciate him much more, but that's still far from enough.
Same goes with Kokoro, Futoshi and Ikuno actually. It's like the show is suddenly remembering their existence.
The reason I cared about Zorome last episode is because he already got enough screentime for me to know who he is and get attached to him. Here, why am I supposed to care about those guys, I barely know them ! Plus, none of them seem to be that interesting. We have the guy with trust issues who's now a little bit more trusting, the girl who seems nice but actually isn't that nice, the guy who's living in a Disney movie, and the girl who's in love with another girl which makes for her only character trait. Yoohoo.
I haven't changed my mind, Zorome and Miku's development is definitely what keeps me interested for now.
Though I must admit I'm still interested in Zero Two's character... I hope they'll stop teasing us and finally reveal what and who she truly is.
Sep 25, 2020 7:08 AM
Aug 2020
This was a pretty good episode
Oct 9, 2020 10:54 PM

Aug 2018
I want Futoshi to have Kokoro.. god damn!

Oct 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2007
A very good episode for Mitsuru. His mindset that was explained in the beginning of the episode is very similar to mine. After being betrayed, it's hard to want to trust others or look forward to anything, really. I'm still like that after finding someone I can trust, but finding that person is still a step in the right direction.

Good on Kokoro for wanting to help Mitsuru even if she was a good pair with Futoshi. The switch in general seems to benefit Mitsuru and Ikuno anyway. Overall I really enjoyed this episode! I knew there was a reason I liked Mitsuru.
Nov 20, 2020 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was crap. Same old boring combat with a really dull enemy desgin

Kokoro promising to stay with and then instantly leaving Futoshi for Mitsuru? What?

Mitsuru acting like a little bitch about something that happened years ago and putting everyone at risk.

Zero Two continuing to be anxious and flat

Really, really bad. This anime needs to start its narrative and build the world.
Dec 18, 2020 1:46 PM
Dec 2020
Futoshi is sush a simp xD
Apr 25, 2021 7:42 PM
Feb 2021
O desenvolvimento de arco do mitsuru foi simplesmente esplendido, na meu ponto de vista o ep mais completo, e o melhor até agora, não pecou em nenhum ponto e cada personagem foi autentico com seu background e sentimentos
Jun 1, 2021 10:11 PM

Feb 2021
Great to see all the 'side' characters getting more screentime. Also Mitsuru's apst unfolded a bit. But i think that Hiro not remembering the promise is something related to the experiments the children went through long ago which could have resulted in some memory loss.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 16, 2021 9:31 PM

Apr 2021
I always wondered why Mitsuru had a grudge against Hiro...Well now I understand why...But I'm Sure Hiro Must've had a reason for doing something like that
Jun 23, 2021 6:40 PM

Jun 2020
This episode gave Mitsuru the spotlight pretty unusual stuff, So something did happen between him and Hiro when they were kids

This partner switch really did gave some people doubts and sorrowful feelings especially Futoshi who loved Kokoro and swore to protect her

Some of the daily fights that happened here and there and some development stuff between the partner exchange, Zero Two's little talk to Hiro left me wondering what did she mean by that.
Aug 24, 2021 11:29 PM

Feb 2021
Oh! There are so many things happened in this episode I think , may be either the author is throwing some hints in the middle of episode or I may be overthinking

I think there is something wrong happened with hiro in his childhood or the organisation may run some tests on him so that made him to not pilot him franxx and as well as in that process he may lost some of his old memories

And other thing that haunts me is zero two last dialogue . In the last episode she was totally muted and in the start of the fight she was totally rage

Idk what ikuno mean by that she was serious about piloting franxx with ichigo. is she coming out?? or trying to prove anything to show others ?

Other than this I feel bad for futoshi if there is no character development on MC then he will be my least fav in this series
Sep 2, 2021 8:13 PM
Jan 2016
The Mitsuru development happens a lot later in the show than I had remembered. I was wondering for a while when this episode came up. That he is this always anger and bitter guy just because Hiro forgot a promise when they were younger seems quite absurd, but they are kids. And while I didn't think much about this when I watched the show before, perhaps Mitsuru is bi and was/is in love with Hiro and just couldn't take that rejection.

Zero Two's seemed very cold out of nowhere the last couple of episodes outside of the last scene with Hiro.

Kokoro tears Futoshi's heart out and stomps all over it... the thing is, I'm happy an anime doesn't simply pull the lame audience insert crap (see all the harem shows out there where some milquetoast guy has all the ladies after him). Fact of the matter is someone like Futoshi is getting dumped/rejected the vast majority of the time. That she promised to be your partner forever is irrelevant, what did you expect her to say in that moment, not knowing that she had the option to get away from him? Futoshi got what he deserved.
Jan 30, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2021
see same gender just doesnt work!!! its incompatible!
god 11 episodes and i finally broke and had to bitch about this lmao i hate this show
im so uncomfortable watching it and its so cringe gah but i just cant stop
my eyes hurt form rolling
Mar 20, 2022 2:49 AM

Jun 2020
Ah! Gah! The character development are progressing in worst way possible at the moment. Lame story development in my opinion. I had not loathed watching anime but until now. The concepts and normal but the theme and the sequence are outright senseless to me.

PistilxPistil pairing XD Lol! That was one thing pending.

I hope the story improves or I am bathing in the ocean of an accursed world.

Innuendo galore all the way!
RKASHYAP621Mar 20, 2022 2:55 AM
Aug 1, 2022 11:54 PM

Apr 2019
Best comedy anime ever
Aug 27, 2022 9:04 PM
Jul 2022
uhm nothing to say
Jan 31, 2023 5:51 PM

Jan 2019
Wow! This is absolute dogshit! Just like pretty much almost every episode before it.
May 1, 2023 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
Mitsuru's a little bitch
May 4, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2022
Pretty funny. Within like a minute of agreeing to the promise to be Futoshi's partner forever, Kokoro realises she wants a piece of Mitsuru instead. Poor fat dude, lol.

On the other hand, Ikuno is one of the better girls in this series anyway, so maybe Futoshi lucked out.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Jun 7, 2023 12:59 AM
Jul 2022
Just an episode about characters being dramatic and "woe is me because of something that happened years ago", not my favourite.
Aug 2, 2023 12:43 AM

Apr 2014
Kokoro did nothing wrong.
Sep 28, 2023 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
I got LSS from Kiss of Death. I can't skip the OP now.

I didn't expect pistil to pistil as an option. I thought it was strictly a male-female co-piloting. It looks like it failed. Does sexual attraction to the opposite sex count so much regarding a successful connection?

I think it's another love triangle between Kokoro, Mitsuru, and Futoshi. I noticed in the previous episodes the way Kokoro looks at Mitsuru. Futoshi got friend-zoned despite having confessed several times, albeit indirectly.

I wonder why Zero Two is still so moody.
Does Mitsuru have homo feelings towards Hiro? Maybe they should try stamen to stamen. Haha
Is the shuffle permanent? That sucks for Futoshi.
Oct 23, 2023 8:05 AM

Dec 2022
Kokoro is the kind of girl who looks at the physical appearance I think.....I mean Mitsuru for all we know didn't really interact with Kokoro that much besides being alone in a garden.

Nov 30, 2023 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Man, this show is BORING
Feb 13, 8:55 PM

Dec 2022
sheeesh Futoshi has it REAL bad for Kokoro but she just wants to get it on with everybody!! and Ikuno wants to bump uglies with Ichigo! phwewie these kids are startin to get into some college experimentation phases inevitably some freaky stuff comes next
May 8, 11:19 PM

Mar 2023
wow, L kokoro lmao
Jun 5, 1:19 AM
Dec 2022
Finally a time where some partnership shuffle and it leads to some unexpected result. Love and lost seem to be the theme.
Jul 25, 9:05 PM
Feb 2015
Poor Futoshi, his unrequited love with Kokoro. She like Mitsuru more. betrayal is bound to happen in this team. Hiro had amnesia when they were younger, or something?
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.