Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2018 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, that Shirashi is still causing trouble with her hypnotic eyes on Souya. They even added some comedic scenes of a voice inside him talking about boobs...

Meanwhile, the episode added more background storytelling scenes that I felt were important. Benika continues to impress me in this show with her determined attitude to prove herself. The fight wasn't long but she made her point.

Aug 26, 2018 8:15 AM

Dec 2013
Benika fanservice seemed so random but I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy it and I really enjoyed learning about her motives. I can’t blame her for joining the sealing faction after this episode.

Souya’s breakdown was the best part of the episode for me. He’s so completely exhausted after everything that’s happened.

Looks like they can still use their powers! I didn’t expect to see a Grand Paladin fight. It’s nice to have some more screen time for Torai.

Last episode will feature everyone fighting the dragon.
Aug 26, 2018 9:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This episode is so fucking good. This anime is about everyone's own motivations why they are doing things and they all make sense from their point of view, this is great writing.

Souya finally let out all his pain and Nozo protected him, that made me emotional, these two need to be together by the end of this.

Benika and Yosuke are connected (she loved his older brother). He can decipher the dog's language, woah what?
Aug 26, 2018 9:37 AM

Feb 2016
I'm not gonna lie, Souya's outburst was really sad, he couldn't keep it anymore. It was cute to see Nozo being on his side, she's the most pure thing I've seen lately.

Now, looks like things are going to be hard for Souya, specially after he stated that he doesn't want to fight anymore. What will happen now?

I swear, this is getting better and better
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 26, 2018 9:54 AM

Apr 2015
I find it interesting that Shiraishi and Sealing faction needs opponent to justify their actions. I guess they understand that what they are doing is wrong and in the small way sympathise with Cat and Pacifist faction.

Torai rise to action was also very surprising. To be honest I was expecting for Nozomi to go in his place. But it is better this way because it gives someone familiar for Benika to fight.

Also Nozomi standing up against superpowerd beings is not a small feat.
GezzasAug 26, 2018 10:05 AM
Aug 26, 2018 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
Souya's mental breakdown after everything that happened to him felt very real and it fucking hurt. That was amazing.

Overall, a really solid episode with an excellent Souya breakdown segment. I'd rate this episode around a 9.
Aug 26, 2018 1:25 PM

Aug 2017
Souya breaking down was well done.

So, an episode dedicated to Benika. They give Torai more screen time. Shiraishi is funny lol.

If this anime would have been generic, Torai would try encourage Souya to fight, I like that this did not happen. So, the dragon is in the Moon.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 26, 2018 3:59 PM
Mar 2017
Souya finally opened up and let out all his pain, all the memories he had of his home planet.
Nozomi interposed between Souya and Shiraishi, making it clear that she would protect him, Ginko and Sensei see something in Nozomi that can help Souya in the future.
Benika's Flashback was interesting, since we did not know her motivation to fight in Great Paladin, she also made it clear why she joined the sealing faction.
Torai recovered his powers, although from what Benika said the jars were only considered a "key", that means that Torai can continue to defend the citizens.
The dragon is still alive? That means that Souya's revenge is not over yet.
Aug 26, 2018 8:35 PM

Mar 2018
"Fight the Dragon Souya-kun, or Torai will have to do it again..."

Revenge is not over, get your shit together
Nozomi a cute
Aug 26, 2018 10:41 PM

Feb 2014
Surprised no one talked about the Ghost in the Shell reference here yet.
I laughed when it happened.

Aug 26, 2018 10:43 PM

Jan 2015
thewiru said:

That was singularly what I was going to come on and talk about, lol. Apart from the rest of the episode being really effing good.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 27, 2018 12:12 AM

May 2017
I freaking love the interactions of the characters they're aware of each others now, it's been awhile since a liked almost all of the characters in a series and not hate a single one, tho I'm indifferent to that glasses dude coz he needs to stay away from Benika that I'm now shipping hard to Torai

SouyaNozo still best ship tho otp
Aug 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2016
Oh fuck Soya vs the actual Dragon, that shit is going to be wiiiiiild
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 28, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
fanservice felt a bit out of no where but whatever it doesn't distract from an otherwise really interesting episode. Really like the direction its taking and theres this feeling that something really bad is about to happen for alot of the characters especially with how its looking like what torai's doing might just well kill him.

and also seconding souya's breakdown being the highlight, cant blame him, you lose literally everything you have ever known and all that kept you going was the goal of exacting revenge on what took it from you, but once you finish that goal then what are you actually left with, its all back to nothing again. I also just think its really tragic the way it was handled with him all the sudden naming all these people weve never seen or heard of and all the mundane things he cant do now anymore, really sells the point through that literally only souya is living with this much baggage following him that even the viewer didnt get to grasp prior to this as we were led to really only focus on the dead brother not considering how all the lost locations, friends, and aquaintances would do. The one that i think was really the saddest part was when he mentions that friend who moved away cause you just know how hard a pill thats got to be to swallow of a friend moving away only to know for sure he died horribly.
JizzyHitlerAug 28, 2018 10:36 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 28, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
Did anyone else notice the Ghost in The Shell reference?
Minori Chihara <3
Aug 29, 2018 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
sXeblues said:
thewiru said:

That was singularly what I was going to come on and talk about, lol. Apart from the rest of the episode being really effing good.

samesaaaaaaaame
Aug 29, 2018 8:22 PM

Jul 2015
oooooooOOOOOHHHHHHHHH THESE KIDS ARE SO FREAKING PRECIOUS, Heck, everyone in this dang anime is fun, I just love watching them... when they aren't super sad, depressed, and tired of everything anyway... that being said, there was still a lot of real emotion behind it all. Makes me realize how much I'm loving these characters.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 4, 2018 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
Another nice episode!
Soya really doesn't want to fight anymore...but the Prothean(lolz) race keeps on making contact with Soya.
Hadaka Benika was HOT!!
But Shiraishi on her true form but on her tight schoolgirl outfit was much hotter!
Torai was able to stop Benika good job!
5/5.

Sep 15, 2018 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
Benika is actually so incredible... wow. I've never fallen so hard before.
Also short hair suits her so much.
Oct 21, 2018 8:35 AM

Jan 2009
Benika and Shiraishi are sure sexy mature women

Benika backstory was nice no wonder she wants to seal humanitys psychic power now because like giving guns to people make them feel powerful/destructive

Torai awakened his psychic power without the need for the vial like hinted by Benika, that was great

Soya does not want to fight anymore but the People of Paradise wants him to fight the Dragon again since its just sleeping in the moon eh

Oct 30, 2018 6:02 PM

May 2012
Call me amazed to be honest, really impressive development and such a great pacing! Really like where this is going and now it feels that this anime has too less episodes... really do wonder what will happen next!
Jan 23, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
Ghost in the Shell, onsen, illusionary oppai and cool plot. This anime.
Sep 26, 1:41 AM

Dec 2022
"Let the Earthlings figure out what happens to their planet" - Souya
"Well that's exactly what we Pacifists think" - Mio, in response.

Now, looking back at episode 2...

"We Pacifists however, wish to keep our intervention to a minimum, confiscate that power and continue observing humanity" - Mio

Keep in mind that this "power" is the ability of humans to evolve to fight invading factions like Nebula on equal terms, and I still can't buy into Mio's narrative. All Souya needs is for someone to inform him that the dragon was on Nebula's side, because Grand Paladin's members merely reminding him of the dragon (which he used to assume a speculative relationship between them) was enough for him to battle them with passion.

Was pleased to see that Benika's motivations got an explanation this episode. Still illogical and lacking in scope, but an explanation nonetheless.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planet With Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

57 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

30 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2018

44 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.