Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2018 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
This show is painful to watch on multiple levels ,really don't like using "that "word unironically but my god was it accurate

i know there are people that live for this kind of stuff but i've found i just don't need it in my life if there isn't much substance besides how fucked up can we make shit,so i doubt i'll be sticking around with it much longer
Apr 6, 2018 7:14 PM

Mar 2016
edgy loli fights bullies, wow this is depressing.
Apr 6, 2018 7:18 PM
Aug 2010
This was interesting, will keep watching as long as the edge is not comical.
Apr 6, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
never trust Frieza.

Apr 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Jul 2016
The TV series runs a blog entitled Welcome to My Twisted Mind. The whole thing is in a bright red font on a back background.
Apr 6, 2018 7:27 PM

Nov 2011
Bro...this shit went WAY over the top but I don't even care! This is what I am talking about! How a Magical girl anime should be!

I like that it has a more mature feel to it then most shows this series. The animation is decent and art is good too.

I found the BGM very interesting. So there were some serious moments but the music was somewhat upbeat. I feel like it still fit the moment because everyone around Asagiri was having fun and she wasn't.

A different approach which I enjoyed. (Although not liking seeing Asagiri get beat up)
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
this is some early 2000's core edge. it's kinda nostalgic lmfao. it's terrible though
Apr 6, 2018 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
Well, it sure wasnt difficult to find the edgy anime of the year. Although, I will say this first episode did perform better than my low expectations. It's still edgy, but so far it hasnt put itself in the trash-tier that other edgy anime are in. I'd even say MSS is a borderline enjoyable type of edgy anime.

And whythefuck does the ED video have a sperm theme?? I have a feeling this might get kinky quick. I just hope it doesnt turn into incest rape by the masochist brother.
Apr 6, 2018 8:07 PM

May 2011
What they did to Aya's cat almost made me cry. I know what's its like to have a kitty cat friend and to lose one.
Apr 6, 2018 8:29 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaand I'm totally in for the ride, it gave me hard Magical Girl Raising Project vibes and that one was a lot of fun, this one started delivering so far as well.

Poor Aya can't catch a break between the bullies and her "perfect" brother, but creepy site is here to help her by giving her murdering powers, nice.

I can't wait to see other characters and their powers.
Apr 6, 2018 8:32 PM
Feb 2012
I think that ED was trying to tell me something but I dunno what lol.
The episode was terrible but entertaining. I like it when anime bitches die.
Apr 6, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
Is there bullying like that in real life? Why noone help her? If there was a girl in my school i would defend her with my life
Apr 6, 2018 8:45 PM

May 2012
I thought this is going to be bad because of MAL rating.

But it turned out to be 10x better than what I expected. It is sooo entertaining. Best 1st episode I've seen in 2018 so far.

Pevorty said:
The worst thing i've ever seen /10
Will watch till the end though just because it was pretty entertaining despite being shite

If it is entertaining then it is good.
Apr 6, 2018 8:46 PM

Jul 2017
I know it's anime and fiction but for real, those bullying scenes were so over-dramatic and over the top, as said by many other people. I don't really expect much from this as it's just another anime that follows that "dark magical girl" theme which Madoka pretty much made popular.
- The scene where the rapist/bully and the girl die is satisfying as all hell
- Scaredy-cat MC is kind of annoying but I guess it gives plot
- Teacher doesn't give a shit which again, for plot, makes sense but is fucking annoying as I find that teacher characters should act as a guide-like character or a simple background character (kind of acted around the background character but the fact that he doesn't care and is a bum irks me)
- Nice family...
- Super fucking edgy
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Apr 6, 2018 8:58 PM

Feb 2010
So one of the bullies thinks it's a great idea for Aya to nearly get raped, yet Sarina using a knife to try to cut the inside of her mouth is too much? Fuck off. -_-
Apr 6, 2018 9:21 PM
Jan 2018
Wtf was that? Lmao
Apr 6, 2018 9:55 PM

Aug 2014
I appreciate that this one doesn't even pretend to be a circle.

Nice sperm.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 6, 2018 10:18 PM
Oct 2013
Whoa, who did the composition for the soundtrack? I rather like it, but it's not listed on the main page.
Apr 6, 2018 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
It's been a while since i've seen creepy/weird anime. The MC should shoot all bully, the teacher who ignore bullying and the big brother.
Apr 6, 2018 10:49 PM

Jun 2008
I bet that last girl left alive will never bully anyone again for the rest of her life.

If you ever think your life sucks, just remember this.
Apr 6, 2018 10:51 PM

Dec 2014
I finally got the chance to watch it, and as I expected, people were having mixed feelings. I KNEW people will either love it or hate it. Tbh, I like the series, when I read the manga, but it was because it's fun. I acknowledge it's not that well written, but the writing does great on building mystery about the site itself, which I can give credit for. I can't explain because it's only the first episode, but I'll explain it once more episodes comes out.

First episode itself, it's kinda hard to watch. At least in the manga, it feels faster and brief. They censored the cat's death, but that makes up with how ABUSIVE the characters were to Aya compare to the manga, ESPECIALLY KANAME. THAT PUNK ASS CHOCK AYA AS IF THEY'RE DOING S&M. Seriously tho, it's kinda more fuck up if you ask me. In the manga, he just punch her. Overall tho, the anime does a decent job on building tension, but it kinda lacks common sense which justify why people don't enjoy it much. Although people that called it bad because it's "EDGE" and "Trying hard to be mature" kinda missed the point of the series.
Apr 6, 2018 10:57 PM

Sep 2008
This anime is trying way too hard. Also that ED was stupid.
Apr 6, 2018 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
wtf episode 1 and we already have bullying, torture, rape, abusive brother... lol

well anyways i hope to see more stupid people dying at least

also the ed looks so retarded lol
Apr 6, 2018 11:00 PM

Dec 2017
This is the dumbest pilot episode to a show I've ever seen. It is trying WAY TOO HARD!!!!

Apparently, the author didn't know how to create a sympathetic character so they settled for borrowing every cliché they could muster up and concocted this "character" known as Aya Asagiri. She follows every trope imaginable for the "please feel sorry and angry for this person!" archetype.

Viciously bullied at school for no reason? √

Gets the absolute shit beaten out of her on a regular basis by her abusive brother? √

Has her pet brutally murdered by school bullies? √

Has said bullies call someone to rape her? √

PLEASE FIND NEW WAYS TO ENVOKE SYMPATHY WITHIN YOUR AUDIENCE!

This show has lazy written all over it and I couldn't bring myself to feel a modicum of care for the main character because everybody behaves in such an unrealistic manner. I mean JFC is this a town filled with Satan's spawn and she just happened to stumble into it? I'm sure newcomers to the genre will feel horrible watching the events unfold but if you are familiar with these storytelling tactics it will be rather tedious to sit through.

Edgy =/= Mature
NickDenApr 8, 2018 11:21 AM
Apr 6, 2018 11:06 PM
Mar 2018
I hated this episode, but it's obvious I was supposed to hate this episode, I'm confused by my emotions, I don't understand them right now so let's just give this episode a 3/5.
Apr 6, 2018 11:31 PM
Mar 2016
It's worth noting that this is both the studio's and the director's first full-length anime. Personally, I think they should have picked an easier adaptation to cut their teeth on, the source material for this series is just too ambitious. You need strong audio/visual style to carry a story that's this over the top and edgy, and this director/studio team just doesn't seem to want to take any stylistic risks. The ED is interesting though, hopefully that's indicative of more imaginative choices to come!

Luckily, from what I remember, the series doesn't linger on the bullying shit for too long, once you get into the fighting. All the sticks have different powers (ie: time stopping, mind control, teleportation, an especially deadly yo-yo, etc.) all with serious drawbacks, so it becomes this crazy, strategy driven, chess match. Between that, the mystery surrounding the Site itself, and Aya's character development (I promise she's not a doormat forever lol) it's a pretty entertaining story, so I'm hoping the studio is pulling its punches and saving its budget for later episodes, and not just making another soulless, forgettable adaptation. Fingers crossed!
Apr 6, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2015
I loved this episode. This is the kind of anime I need. Over the top tragedy, horror, and psychological with a hint of dumbness. The series is supposed to be edgy, and over the top.
I loved how brutal it was with all the depictions. All the people complaining go read Emergence by ShindoL, maybe after that you're all prepared for something like this.
Apr 6, 2018 11:35 PM

Dec 2014
anikevin said:
I loved this episode. This is the kind of anime I need. Over the top tragedy, horror, and psychological with a hint of dumbness. The series is supposed to be edgy, and over the top.
I loved how brutal it was with all the depictions. All the people complaining go read Emergence by ShindoL, maybe after that you're all prepared for something like this.
Finally, someone who understand the appeal of the series.
Apr 6, 2018 11:36 PM

Jul 2017
everybody just hating because of forced edginess lmao then why did you sign up to watch this in the first place?

just like how Aya's brother is blessed by god to have super high grades and fortunate life Aya herself is carrying all the misfortunes laid out upon her by god. i mean if you think about it that way then maybe things would seem like it would make sense.

(don't quote me on that i havent read the source material)

ok yea i guess the animation was pretty ehh but i like where this is going so far. the girls be leaking blood when they use magic my guess is that they drain out their life if they use magic too much

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Apr 6, 2018 11:39 PM

Mar 2010
people calling this unrealistic levels of bullying really overestimate humanity
Apr 6, 2018 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
thepath said:
I thought this is going to be bad because of MAL rating.

But it turned out to be 10x better than what I expected. It is sooo entertaining. Best 1st episode I've seen in 2018 so far.

Pevorty said:
The worst thing i've ever seen /10
Will watch till the end though just because it was pretty entertaining despite being shite

If it is entertaining then it is good.

Not always the case since something can be entertaining meanwhile being flawed at the same time (the show is flawed despite me enjoying it, I would give it like a 5 to be fairly honest since there's flaws that bugs me personally).

Then again I prefer something that's entertaining that is flawed than a show that is well-written that has a boring vibe to it, or anything remotely unpleasant. (that's not always the case for me though).
Apr 6, 2018 11:59 PM
Jun 2016
I was trying to place the sysop for a moment, then realized, Frieza :> First thought was Chronus from Yugioh GX heh.

You know it's going to be that kind of anime even if you ignore all the dark stuff before hand when you hear Frieza's voice hehe.
Apr 7, 2018 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
David_PattCZ said:
thats was some heavy shit , next kill that sadistic brother please , i was so angry i almost punch my tv screen ,

dont think its going to happen the way i see it is she almost does it but then the brother pisses is pants and promises never to bully her agaiin or something to that affect
Apr 7, 2018 12:04 AM

May 2015
Bullies always come in groups of three, don't they? So bullying, torture, attempted rape, and a dead cat...basically everything I've seen in Hell Girl...

So this is basically Mahou Jigoku Shoujo (Magical Hell Girl). Girl suffers, gets a message on a website, and gets the power to face off against her enemies. Well all this bullying and torture is just standard fare to me, so I didn't really feel much out of it. And it was definitely trying too hard, especially with them faces. Looks like each magical girl gets a special power of their own though so I'd like to see how that plays out.

But magical sticks in the form of weapons? Honestly, I wish Aya just went Rinne Berlinetta all over their asses.
TarotistApr 7, 2018 2:05 AM
Apr 7, 2018 12:06 AM

Mar 2017
Aaah, typical high school hijinks. Trying to permanently maim or kill a classmate, convincing a friend to rape her as a prank (that one's a classic) and violently murdering a kitten.

Seriously, this episode made me uncomfortable as fuck. And I have to say, of the two powers we've seen so far, stopping time seems a lot cooler than a gun that teleports people onto train tracks. Also, what's with the shitty ED?

While I am not impressed, the series is at least entertaining in that I gain perverse pleasure from all the suffering. It also borders on hilarity, I lost my shit at "It's cherry-poping time!" I think I'll enjoy this.
Apr 7, 2018 12:23 AM
Sep 2014
Hm...? I seem to see Sarina in the promotional art that's being used as the main image for this anime listing, and she has a yo-yo "magic stick". Guess we haven't seen the last of her yet.

Or maybe it's just someone who looks similar.
Apr 7, 2018 12:26 AM

Sep 2017
It has its flaws, but I enjoyed it nonetheless although it did make me uncomfortable and sad at quite a few scenes. I can't wait to watch more of it.
Apr 7, 2018 12:39 AM
Apr 2017
i loved this first episode. those bullies got what they deserved. this is the first anime this year that i have resonated with so much. this is probably gonna be one of my favorite anime of all time when it's over. im so excited!!!

p.s. I LOVE KARMA!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2017
Florete said:
I bet that last girl left alive will never bully anyone again for the rest of her life.

If you ever think your life sucks, just remember this.

I've seen worse shit

But hey, I just wanna know what anime is your signature?
Apr 7, 2018 12:57 AM

Sep 2017
I liked the first episode, its cruelty and everything, it reminds me of Ikusei Keikaku more than Madoka, I think it may be one of the best this season, I hope I'm not disappointed.

Apr 7, 2018 12:58 AM

Mar 2018
It's dark right off the bat huh? Then again, i like something that's unique and not too mainstream. This show gonna be "fun"
Apr 7, 2018 1:18 AM
Jan 2016
The 1st ep was really something there. Everything was placed out pretty good for a starter ep.
I just can't understand why people rate this below 7, because it's an all female lead or not the type of mahou shoujo they want?
Apr 7, 2018 1:23 AM

Jun 2017
JuggernautG1 said:
Tirinchas said:
This reminded me of K-On.

Yea, I remember when Yui went to join the light music club and Mio and Ritsu called in a guy to rape her... oh the memories...

Well, no, actually it reminded me that I was long due the 2018 rewatch of K-On, so I dropped this after five minutes and am now in episode 4 of the first season. Thank you Mahou Shoujo Site!

Apr 7, 2018 1:43 AM

Mar 2014
SpongySquish said:
[spoiler]
gizter13 said:
i allready expected it from the trailer, but now i know for sure.. this show tries way to fucking hard to be deep and depressing to a point where it becomes rediculous and just plain comedic.. ive enjoyed my fair share of edgy shows, but this one is just too much.. how can anyone really think this is any good?

i think youre not remembering Madoka Magica correctly. you might be better off spening your time rewatching that instead.
[/spolier]

I didn't say it was similar. It just makes me think of it because they're both mahou shoujo anime that aren't completely happy.

yeah but theres been fiew of those. and this show sadly lacks everything that made Madoka Magica great. just like most of the dark magical girl shows, they are just too bussy shoving the dark down your throath, while thats the complete opposite of the subtile hints that slowly revieled the complete picture, that was used in Madoka Magica.
only mahou shoujo anime i think is rightfully comparable to Madoka is Yuuki Yuuna. sadly the ending ruined that show. the sequel didnt fix its flaws ether.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Apr 7, 2018 1:44 AM
Sep 2010
This was supposed to be edgy, so I’m not complaining. I read some of the manga and the adaptation’s looking good so far.
Apr 7, 2018 2:00 AM

Oct 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
What the hell did I just witness ??? Also are these fucking sperm cells in the ED ?

i was thinking the same hahah wtf
Words
Apr 7, 2018 2:45 AM

Oct 2009
Holy shet. This is bad for my heart. Rested a few times to finish the episode >.>
Apr 7, 2018 2:57 AM

Jan 2011
I guess this will be my new favorite anime @_@

Apr 7, 2018 3:07 AM

Feb 2018
Well, the cat killing thing was as cliche as hell, who didn't see that coming a million miles away, but other than that, that was a pretty effective 1st ep (SnK level effective). The bullying was really hardcore, and it was pretty difficult to watch, although I don't understand the low rating this has.
Ok, it definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if it is too brutal for you, doesn't mean that it's crap and that it deserves a 1. Seriously...

P.S. The teacher rocks: "I'm too lazy, just write your names yourselves"
Apr 7, 2018 3:39 AM

Aug 2014
I liked the first episode even though the bullying was quite dramatic and her brothers abuse was too over the top. I am actually looking forward to watching this anime
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 11 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 5, 2018

13 by L01MK »»
Sep 8, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2018

114 by Ira_7 »»
Aug 27, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 12 Discussion

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 25, 2018

10 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Site Episode 9 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Aug 21, 2018

18 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 24, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.