Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looooool, Toru in that bunny outfit. Oh God.

I think compared to some of the other episodes of this arc, this one was had the most "fan service" and silly moments. Oh poor Toru, I bet she's not used to be in that position.
What a neck kiss~
Feb 23, 2017 10:34 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Was interesting but .... maybe wasn't the best of the whole story arc

Feb 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
A good ending to a nice arc.
I like Touru beter than Hibiki but Hibiki was nice as well.
Still the ending this time was a bit more surprising to watch.
Now i wonder what the next girl will be like.
Feb 23, 2017 12:11 PM
Feb 2017
where can you watch it i cant find the episode anywhere
Feb 23, 2017 12:34 PM
Apr 2016
In my opinion, first three episode of this arc were pretty nice, especially compared to whole Hibiki's arc. However, this episode was basically 15 minutes of fanservice, 5 minutes of romance and 20 seconds of decent afterstory. Overall, it wasn't really great episode to me. It seems that quality of art also dropped significantly (or may be it's just my imagination?). Anyway, I believe this arc could be ended much stronger.
Feb 23, 2017 5:09 PM
Dec 2016
well, finally some decent romance. (though adam's apple kiss was strange). fair confession, sweet kiss and great '10 years later' thing (seems like little girl on his arms is their child)
Feb 23, 2017 7:03 PM
Aug 2010
Apart from a proper romance ending this arc was weak in comparison with the last one. I really want to love this series but it keeps getting worse, I have hopes for the last arc as I tend to love osananajimi characters.
Feb 23, 2017 11:18 PM

Sep 2015
I'm fine with this episode, but what shock me the most is the job choice by Shoichi 10 years later. Literally out of nowhere and no hint about becoming a driver, a not bad choice at the same time if he wants to be with Tooru forever.
valvravetruthFeb 23, 2017 11:21 PM
Feb 24, 2017 12:23 AM
Dec 2016
valvravetruth said:

... Literally out of nowhere and no hint about becoming a driver, a not bad choice at the same time if he wants to be with Tooru forever.

not sure if he is only a driver though. maybe it is some kind of private kindergarten where a single person has a lot of duties...
Feb 24, 2017 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
Ok ending to an arc.

Feb 24, 2017 4:34 AM

Nov 2014
valvravetruth said:
I'm fine with this episode, but what shock me the most is the job choice by Shoichi 10 years later. Literally out of nowhere and no hint about becoming a driver, a not bad choice at the same time if he wants to be with Tooru forever.

Remember the Bus driver simulator in the arcade? That's the only hint I can take.
But yeah... even with that hint, The bus driver thingy is... still felt suddenly out of nowhere though, as the story maker didn't give any emphasis about school this bus driver and teacher pairing could work.
Feb 24, 2017 4:38 AM
Oct 2014
He's a bus driver?! Way to aim high there Shouichi. I've got to say that his wife looked good as a pre-school/kindergarten teacher. Also, a better ending than the first arc, but I've got to admit that the romance in this series so far feels severely limited.

I wonder if they're saving it for the VN...
Feb 24, 2017 5:42 AM

Dec 2014
I liked this arc ended then the first oe..the last scene seemed so lovely
Feb 24, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2016
The lack of romance atmosphere in this arc was frustrating...
Feb 24, 2017 5:50 AM

Sep 2015
Nice ending for a Miyamae-senpai's arc, glad they got married and had a kid. The Adam's apple kiss sealed his confession 😭👍 This was definitely my fav arc just cause of Miyamae-Senpai being a gamer.
Feb 24, 2017 6:09 AM

Dec 2014
As an episode it was good, as a conclusion to the arc it was decent.

Tooru in the bunny outfit was absolute win. <3
Them lewd poses and moments this episode were also full of win. <3

Ooooh, An Adam's Apple kiss, now there's something you don't see everyday. xD
The final kiss between Shouichi and Tooru under the moonlight was sweet.

The misunderstood deer mating scene was gold and the timeskip with their daughter was great. :)
Childhood friend arc next. :D

The show is good in it's own right but it's nowhere near as strong as Amagami, especially in the romance section.
Feb 24, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2015
Well, I liked this arc better than the previous one. Guess it was a decent conclusion. Definitely loved Tooru. Although, Shouichi becoming a bus driver was totally unexpected, lol.

Feb 24, 2017 8:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
DAT ASS

and dat outfit

so is every arc like a different route or something?
Feb 24, 2017 8:14 AM
Jun 2016
While I think this is a much better ending than Hikari's arc, the romance in this series doesn't seem very strong at all. They crammed in all into the last 5 minutes.

Kyouko's arc is next, can't wait. I'd be fine without another timeskip though. Or maybe one that's 5 years and she's trying on a wedding dress? I wouldn't mind that...

The problem with this anime though, is the inconsistency. And it's not just about the romance. Take the other characters for instance. In Amagami, the other girls and Miya (Juinchi's sister) especially, were constant presences in every arc. Sometimes their roles were extremely minor but you still got the sense that they exist and their characters were consistent in terms of personality. Tsukasa is probably the exception, but
Prime example of this flaw in Seiren: the brown-haired girl from the elite school. So far it looks as though she is thrown into the setting just so she makes an appearance in each arc. Other than that, we know absolutely nothing about her.

Also, in Seiren, from what we have so far, it looks as though they might be changing the girls' (and Shoichi's) personalities to fit the story (or omit them entirely as in the case of Tooru in Hikari's arc). It's just bad writing.
dqtl74Feb 24, 2017 4:21 PM
Feb 24, 2017 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
This is the best arc so far. Tooru looks cute in the bunny outfit. The Adam's Apple kiss and the kiss after that was nice. I don't like timeskips, but they have a good relationship. He's a bus driver, she's a teacher, and they have a daughter. Let's see how the next arc goes.
Feb 24, 2017 9:04 AM

Sep 2015
So much sexually suggestive on this episode
is that their kid? because the only clear its Shouichi's kid

and i still have no idea what this anime try to do
Into the Internet!
Feb 24, 2017 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
The adam's apple scene made me uncomfortable.

The ending was cute though.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 24, 2017 9:19 AM
Jan 2017
good arc ending, cant wait for the next arc :D kawaii kouhai :D
btw shouichi's sister is cute
Feb 24, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
Nice ending to the arc, definitely much better and much more like Amagami than the first one was. Even got a proper epilogue scene rather than the one we got from Tsuneki's arc. Now we move onto the final arc next week, and I'll be interested to see if the show can end on a high with that.

Also, as an aside, even though I get the impression this hasn't been popular, I wonder if a second season is planned for the other three main heroines from this key visual. It would certainly make sense, otherwise these additional appearances of those other characters (such as the red-haired girl in this episode) would kinda seem a bit pointless.
Feb 24, 2017 9:51 AM

Feb 2016

Dude.......xD xD xD
Can't be bothered anymore
Feb 24, 2017 9:55 AM

Feb 2016
At last !
The ending of the previous Amagami season thr-- I mean Seiren arc really pissed me off .
But at least this one has a little bit of their future shown....I really wanted to see them dating though , just like some of arcs in Amagami .

P.S : Why a bus driver ? xD
And also...why did she end up being a teacher ...she had so much capability , sad :')
Can't be bothered anymore
Feb 24, 2017 10:05 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Sassy_save said:

Dude.......xD xD xD

bruh, dat bunny booty was plump and juicy, boner was more than achieved...

already turned it into a gif... which ill use for research later ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 24, 2017 10:10 AM

Oct 2012
The conclusion didn't seem a whole lot better than Hikari's arc, but still I shout "injustice!"
Sad that there wasn't this sort of after story for Hikari, we got epilogues for both arcs but Tooru's seemed much more satisfying and romantic. As a whole though, I still like Hikari's character more, and apart from most of this ep Tooru seems to have gotten better treatment.
Hikari was still really fun to watch this ep, she's still best girl, who was treated poorly unfortunately.

Next arc begins next week, can't wait to see otome #3.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 24, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
Better than Tsuneki ending to say the least, not that that's much of an accomplishment since that ending was trash.

This arc was more enjoyable than the last one, but was still pretty subpar for the most part.

Childhood friend must save this show.

For what it's worth, though, I liked the timeskip this time around.
SJ7izmFeb 24, 2017 10:19 AM
Feb 24, 2017 10:55 AM

Nov 2016
I have to say, I prefer the ending to this arc more than that of tsuneki's, because Tsuneki's leaves a lot open, where as this one had some decent closure.

They get together, she gets a career, he's a bus driver (hinted at by the arcade game), and they have a child.

I look forward to the next arc, and personally I don't feel that this show deserves a rating at 6.50. Given Mal's already inflated system (which I contribute to), I think it's at least a 7, I feel that far too many people got off put by end of arc 1.

Looking forward to the beginning and ending of the last arc!

EcchiLordMamster said:

Basically yeah. It's the same MC, with 3 different outcomes based on the girls he tries to chase.

As someone pointed out however, there are a handful of inconsistencies between personalities depending on the arc you're viewing. Though that may just be due to the in depth view of them, contrasted against their outward reception.
PhatalFeb 24, 2017 11:00 AM
Feb 24, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2015
The fan service felt a little bit forced even if the girl were cosplaying...

I like the cameo of Inago Mask(?) & Squid Man from the Amagami show aim at children...

Going by what was shown in the previous episode you would think this episode would cement the love/dating relationship between the 2 of them but they only got 7+ minute in the closing moment in this episode, it was somewhat a disappointment, you would think that they throw at least half and half 15+ for the Comic con segment and the other half for the date of the two segment. *sigh* The positive thing is that I enjoy this arc more than the previous one solely because the interaction between MC & girl and ending felt more natural than the last one but like other MAL user commented it doesn’t compare to the predecessor in terms of fanservice, side characters’ exchanges, lovey-dovey and relationship building between MC & Heroine…

On a side note:
I hope the childhood friend route redeem the previous one from Amagami, Sakurai s one of my fav and they treat her route like crap compared to the other girls. I want this to be memorable one.

alex711 said:
In my opinion, first three episode of this arc were pretty nice, especially compared to whole Hibiki's arc. However, this episode was basically 15 minutes of fanservice, 5 minutes of romance and 20 seconds of decent afterstory. Overall, it wasn't really great episode to me. It seems that quality of art also dropped significantly (or may be it's just my imagination?). Anyway, I believe this arc could be ended much stronger.
+1

randomman57 said:
He's a bus driver?! Way to aim high there Shouichi. I've got to say that his wife looked good as a pre-school/kindergarten teacher. Also, a better ending than the first arc, but I've got to admit that the romance in this series so far feels severely limited.
+1

Lelouch0202 said:
As an episode it was good, as a conclusion to the arc it was decent.

The show is good in it's own right but it's nowhere near as strong as Amagami, especially in the romance section.
I co-sign this...

dqtl74 said:
While I think this is a much better ending that Hikari's arc, the romance in this series doesn't seem very strong at all. They crammed in all into the last 5 minutes.

Kyouko's arc is next, can't wait. I'd be fine without another timeskip though. Or maybe one that's 5 years and she's trying on a wedding dress? I wouldn't mind that...

The problem with this anime though, is the inconsistency. And it's not just about the romance. Take the other characters for instance. In Amagami, the other girls and Miya (Juinchi's sister) especially, were constant presences in every arc. Sometimes their roles were extremely minor but you still got the sense that they exist and their characters were consistent in terms of personality. Tsukasa is probably the exception, but
Prime example of this flaw in Seiren: the brown-haired girl from the elite school. So far it looks as though she is thrown into the setting just so she makes an appearance in each arc. Other than that, we know absolutely nothing about her.

Also, in Seiren, from what we have to far, it looks as though they might be changing the girls' (and Shoichi's) personalities to fit the story (or omit them entirely as in the case of Tooru in Hikari's arc). It's just bad writing.
This...

SJ7izm said:
Better than Tsuneki ending to say the least, not that that's much of an accomplishment since that ending was trash.

This arc was more enjoyable than the last one, but was still pretty subpar for the most part.

Childhood friend must save this show.

For what it's worth, though, I liked the timeskip this time around.
+1
Feb 24, 2017 11:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Thank fucking god. Tooru and Shouichi got the great ending (they even have a baby together). Really nice conclusion.
Feb 24, 2017 11:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Lily_The_Kitty said:

EcchiLordMamster said:

Basically yeah. It's the same MC, with 3 different outcomes based on the girls he tries to chase.

As someone pointed out however, there are a handful of inconsistencies between personalities depending on the arc you're viewing. Though that may just be due to the in depth view of them, contrasted against their outward reception.

ah ok damn, i need more Hikari...shes definitely the sexiest xD
Feb 24, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending to the arc, definitely liked it way more than Tsuneki's.

Adorable overall and even had a nice ending there with the timeskip. I wonder if they gave their baby deer the same name lol

Childhood friend next? Actually looking forward to how that'll go

Feb 24, 2017 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
That was the best episode for sure. From comiket to meeting Tsuneki at a restaraunt and a date with kiss and hug later and seeing her as a mom later was very satisfying as well. More satisfying than last arc for sure, where MC basicaly got friendzoned and we focused more on career paths.

Didn't know there is a kissing zone, where couples sit on benches next to each other and kiss lol. GlAD THEY DIDN'T joined them there lol.
I legitimately laughed out loud when i saw him in Bus driver outfit. LMAOOO.
Oh also Tooru is the best looking wife/mom ever.
Feb 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
Decent episode. A much more satisfying ending compared to the first arc.

Sassy_save said:

P.S : Why a bus driver ? xD

Yea lol kinda random
Feb 24, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
the whole episode was cringe like wtf. I hate this series, i cant take this anymore, kamita is just such a bad Mc. this arc was better than the first but was still poor, don't compare it to the first. imagine if it was a standalone, disappointing to say the least.
DajoemanFeb 24, 2017 1:03 PM
Feb 24, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
Decent episode & ending. Ending was kinda shocking, hope they don't mess up with next girl.
Feb 24, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2009
Is the next arc the last arc? The poster/op led me to believe there would be 2 other girls? Really wanted to see them too :(
Feb 24, 2017 1:42 PM
Mar 2016
Well, that ends Toor X Shoichi arc, next is the imoto arc, I wonder why the brother and sister have different surnames?
Feb 24, 2017 2:11 PM
Jan 2015
I'm glad it ended with them together, otherwise seeing the bad end trend would probably make me drop the series.
My Queens

Feb 24, 2017 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
Who puts the end of a zipper there?!
How does that even work?
Feb 24, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
MoeMoeKyun said:
Is the next arc the last arc? The poster/op led me to believe there would be 2 other girls? Really wanted to see them too :(

this season is only 3 but maybe we will have a 2nd season someday =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 24, 2017 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Very satisfying ending. Especially after something that bad like 1st arc ending.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 24, 2017 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
furchia said:
well, finally some decent romance. (though adam's apple kiss was strange). fair confession, sweet kiss and great '10 years later' thing (seems like little girl on his arms is their child)

It's the daughter of our male MC and Toru. They're married ;)
Finally, i got my Amagami Plus ending now...with sweet decent romance and cute ending "10y later" :)

I don't believe that the last arc will be better, but who knows. Sadly the quality of Serien compared to Amagami Plus is weaker. The romance in Amagami Plus is better and sweeter.

Lelouch0202 said:

Agree. Like i said above, there are alot more romance (moments) in Amagami than in Seiren.
funnyRunnyFeb 24, 2017 4:39 PM
Feb 24, 2017 4:57 PM
Jan 2017
Tooru looks amazing in that bunny suit! The furry fandom must be having a field day with that. Anyway, the Tooru arc comes to a heartwarming close with the episode. It's great to see relationships evolve in a natural, non-dramatic way and the characters develop without peer pressure. Shoichi and Tooru's future is a positive example as to the idea of "being a child forever". Even if they become adults, their childhood interests are what allowed them to move forward with their lives. I like how optimistic and bright this show is. Onto the next arc!!!
Feb 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Feb 2016
"I can't find the zipper"

"Please change from my partner to my lover"

*kissing Shouichis Adam's apple

"But now, i do have feeling that make me want to do that to your Adam's apple"

-I don't know how to feel about these parts :S
Somehow that bandage looks emo as fuck tho

"Shouichi-kun! The baby has come!"
My sides xd
Feb 24, 2017 9:03 PM

Mar 2016
The episode was nice but not the best conclusion to the arc.

Expected to have some better moments between them. Oh well.
Tooru in the bunny costume ^_^ Damn she looked adorable in that. The zipper scene was great haha. That adam's apple kiss tho xD

Overall an alright arc, looking forward to the next one :D

Feb 24, 2017 10:34 PM
Dec 2015
That ending was pleasant. I was kinda treating this like a Hibiki route in a way...unappreciated girl Hibiki. The build of this arc was much better than the last arc, but it seems as an author he lacks an ability to make ending that makes sense. The epilogue was great but their confession was odd.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Feb 24, 2017 10:44 PM

Dec 2016
These arcs feel like they get cut short too fast. Feels like there should be more too them. Better ending than the last one but I still think I like Tsuneki's better.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 14, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.