Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2016 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they sure like to focus more on BB. Not that I mind though considering he's the best character imo from the show.

The whole experiment stuff about Arya got weird. Honestly, this episode felt different compared to the others with the absence of Seigi. BB's life is tough ;o
Aug 29, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2015

Somehow the Arya's voice with that kid body feels "weird". That past of bad-ass person BB surely feels exciting.
If that's what Arya really wants, to "rebuild" this world, at least she can try by using help from all of her "sisters" first.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 29, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
At this point I'm just watching to get it over with and put it as completed. Plot is all over the place and doesn't make any sense at all. How they will wrap this up in 3 episodes is a mystery to me.
Aug 29, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2015
I expected that his past would be more sad
but nvm, at least we got BB and not Seigi
Aug 29, 2016 12:28 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
I have no idea what's going on, the plot doesn't make any sense.
But at least fanservice is flying all over that episode...
"This is a changing room?" need to try that one :D

Aug 29, 2016 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
The whole experiment about Arya was so weird!
Aug 29, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2008
Lansboen said:
At this point I'm just watching to get it over with and put it as completed. Plot is all over the place and doesn't make any sense at all. How they will wrap this up in 3 episodes is a mystery to me.

And here i though i was the only clueless one. I dont understand what this Anime is even trying to be. Is trying to throw everything at us to see what sticks? So basically we have a well below average salad.............that for some reason reminds me sometimes of Triage X. And no, thats definitely not a good thing.
Aug 29, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
It was difficult trying to get into the BB backstory while still concerned about Bluesy and Justice. What happened to them? What's going on with them now? I don't like flashbacks that interrupt the flow of the story.

Brahman, Aryabhata, Samsara, and Ganesha... There are a lot of Indian (Hindu, Buddhist) references. A Brahman is a member of the highest Hindu caste, Aryabhata was a mathematician-astronomer, Samsara is the "cycle of death and rebirth", and Ganesha is a deity.

All of the exposition was exhausting. The only thing I understood out of it was that Arya is a clone; she was the product of cruel experiments that killed 3,000 people, and now she's pissed.

4/5
Aug 29, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2013
Jesus the pacing in the episode (and this anime) was freaking terrible. It feels like their cutting a lot of stuff out and pasting them together to get straight to the point of the story. Man and I thought the manga was bad but the anime is worse in my opinion. The story, the characters, and the development are not flowing well together.
Aug 29, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2016
so, we were with justice and the others planing to do something on the last episode, and then we are trown with BB's Kind of past with absolutely nonsense stuff going on...

okay
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 29, 2016 2:00 PM

Feb 2015
Wow this series has gone off a cliff. The first three eps were decent but in the last couple of weeks it's turned into a total trainwreck. Why should I care about BB and his past with a load of random people who I've never seen before.

The scenes we thrown together with no transition and the story made no sense. Add to the fact the main character were not in it after that stupid battle last week made this episode utterly pointless.

I'm just watching to finish this crap now, I don't care what happens anymore. This is the worst show I've seen by JC staff but if the Manga was bad then you can't polish a turd.
Aug 29, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2011
Crashmatt said:
Wow this series has gone off a cliff. The first three eps were decent but in the last couple of weeks it's turned into a total trainwreck. Why should I care about BB and his past with a load of random people who I've never seen before.

The scenes we thrown together with no transition and the story made no sense. Add to the fact the main character were not in it after that stupid battle last week made this episode utterly pointless.

I'm just watching to finish this crap now, I don't care what happens anymore. This is the worst show I've seen by JC staff but if the Manga was bad then you can't polish a turd.

Ever since the Anime studios decided to drop the 24-26 two-cour format into the 10-12 episode one-cour formula, a lot of shows like this turn into shit cause they're trying so hard to fast track everything into a complete story arc.

Anime as a whole is suffering.

It still doesn't change the fact that Taboo Tattoo isn't a well written show anyways.
Aug 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
So far... I'm on Arya's side. Can't really see anything wrong with what she's doing.
Aug 29, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
The way it ended make me feel like it will continue the flashback for a portion if not all of the next episode and with only 2 to go after that, its looking like it either wont wrap up at all or do it incredibly poorly.

This really should be a 24 episode season at least since its just rushing past as many things as possible but if it was, then I would have to put up with its rather poor writing for another 12ish episodes and thats just miserable
Get your shit straight Brenda
Aug 29, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2013
If anything, Taboo Tattoo has a pretty damn good soundtrack.
Aug 29, 2016 3:22 PM

Dec 2013
Owez said:
I have no idea what's going on, the plot doesn't make any sense.
But at least fanservice is flying all over that episode...
"This is a changing room?" need to try that one :D

I second that. Well, at least BB retro was kinda good.
Aug 29, 2016 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
From what I was told the pacing is going completely fast, as it seems the anime is skipping things from the manga. Can anyone try to confirm me on that? Any manga reader here? I don't know why I'm asking since I do need to catch up to the manga but I do need some explanation on this.

Other than that, the episode was alright... then again, there were so many things happening at once that is hard to digest it through, but I guess for me I can digest it half the time, but other than that, yeah...
Aug 29, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2015
Yep, definitely getting worse after each episode. This show had a decent start, but now it's the complete opposite.

Aug 29, 2016 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
lets be honest BB should've been the MC
Aug 29, 2016 4:18 PM

Jan 2016
BB is a boss
gay loving baby
cliche is cliche
BB is a boss

Aug 29, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2016
Crashmatt said:

Exactly,when I saw this episode is starting with Bb,I literally skip the whole episode off because the plot is totally nonsense,why would they put bb's back story after Bb has died???(2/5)(dropped)
TokumiaAug 29, 2016 6:23 PM

Life is empty without anime

Aug 29, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2014
I watched it up until now to see the girl I liked in the opening (Ganesha), only to see her moment to shine TOTALLY RUSHED. I can't even tell whatahell happened in that fight.

Will finish this thing to see how worse they can make it

Edit: The worst part is that with a name like that it's 10000x harder to find good images of her TT^TT
KurukuAug 29, 2016 7:40 PM
Aug 29, 2016 8:15 PM

Feb 2013
>"This one person did something pretty bad"
>"All people should die"
This motivation should crawl back up the ass of whatever author uses it and never return.

TheLittleRedHero said:
From what I was told the pacing is going completely fast, as it seems the anime is skipping things from the manga. Can anyone try to confirm me on that? Any manga reader here? I don't know why I'm asking since I do need to catch up to the manga but I do need some explanation on this.

Like previous episodes, it didn't skip anything important, it just adapted these chapters really, really fast and executes the fight scenes rather sloppily.
Aug 29, 2016 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
gedata said:
>"This one person did something pretty bad"
>"All people should die"
This motivation should crawl back up the ass of whatever author uses it and never return.

TheLittleRedHero said:

Like previous episodes, it didn't skip anything important, it just adapted these chapters really, really fast and executes the fight scenes rather sloppily.

Oh so its just the execution, pacing wise, was horrible... Hmm, might have to go and check the manga in a bit (despite how average it got I guess I want to go and see how it goes really) but anyway, thanks for answering my question!
Aug 29, 2016 8:51 PM

Dec 2014
Well it was a decent episode. Better than last week for sure.

As always fast transitions from one point to another do make the episode feel disjoint. Action wasn't all that great as well.

The story is all over the place, Let me see if I got this right.
->Seigi uses Animus to relive the memories of his ancestors
->King learns of existence of tattoo and ruins
->King wants to conquer the world and rewrite it but fails cause he can't control the ruin.
->Human Experiments to create human who can control the ruins using people who have been affiliated to the ruin creators (How did they even discover these people if they knew nothing about the ruins?)
->Mass Birth Rate.
->Perfection girl Arya is born.
->Arya learns of experiments and abuse.
->Arya wants to rewrite the world 'including humans'.
->BB learns of all this and wants to stop it and give hope.

Alright, Cool. If I was supposed to feel something then I'm afraid I didn't.
In fact I find it odd that Arya's being antagonized for trying to change a corrupt empire. She even said she'll rewrite the world 'with Humans'. In the end seems like she just wants to make a nicer place for her sisters even if she hates the humans who made her.

I think all these plot points would have made a much better impact if they had better build up and were actually drawn out after getting some investment from the viewer side in terms of both plot and characters. Everything just comes and goes.

Well it was nice to Cal again, Arya and her Yuri tendencies XD

Lot of Hindu references in the show, Though it's my religion , I don't know what half of them mean. xD
Lelouch0202Aug 29, 2016 9:02 PM
Aug 29, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
A comparison of a real life scenario to Taboo Tattoo:

You know how when you get stuck in a long elevator ride and there are other people in there continuing a conversation that started before they boarded the elevator? You're bored so you're listening to see what they are talking about, but you obviously missed a key point and have no idea what they hell they are saying. There is occasionally a hint that makes you think you know what their conversation is regarding, but then they mention a name that you haven't heard before and you get lost all over again. You wish they'd either shut up or fill you in on what the hell it is they are talking about.

Taboo Tattoo is the anime version of that experience.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 29, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2008
Memor said:
The whole clones or "sisters" stuff felt strangely familiar.

I didn't really understand half of what just happened but I'll say BB was one heck of a guy aha...

Felt a bit like Elfen Lied or NGE. But at least there's some plot now.

This episode was okay because BB is too good for this show. It saddens me that we have to go back to Justice and his chunnism.
Aug 30, 2016 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
In one hand, BB is much more enjoyable as a main character than Seigi. On the other hand, the flashback was a fucking mess. It's like if they cut out some parts between the transitions, making the thing look rushed and unclear unless they show the ending of the flashback in the next episode. I didn't get what the power of that old dude works and what happened to BB at the end of such flashback, so better them to explain it later.

It's sad how I don't care about anyone in the series bare Tom. This started very decently, yet is becoming a mess as each episode pass. Such a pity.
Aug 30, 2016 5:23 AM

Jun 2013
BB is awesome to watch
Aug 30, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
I miss BB. Good backstory this episode
Aug 30, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2009
dear god. if any anime should have been 24/26 episodes it should have been this. they are literally zooming through the chapters . This episode alone was 5 chapters of 30 to 50 pages each.
Aug 30, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
BB was pretty good in this episode. It was funny to see him walk into the room Cal was changing clothes in, then quietly excused himself without being attacked. Sadly, I can't give any positive praise for the pacing, which felt rushed from start to finish.

The experiments just to get the 'perfect' girl, Arya, was a bit gruesome to hear. Although I understand Arya's anger about the experiments as a whole, but changing the world, including 7 billion humans with it, sounds more and more selfish and stupid if you ask me.
Aug 30, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
was about to drop this show to a 6 because of shitty story but this ep was good so I will leave it at 7
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 30, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2014
I think the story is incredible interesting, too bad that it seems like they rush it a little too much, everythings go so fast
Aug 31, 2016 5:19 PM
Jan 2016
Well it was better than the last episode which was like the real life version of the trope in which a character says something mean to another character and it's visualized as the second character being stabbed.
Sep 1, 2016 5:00 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know what I'm watching any more, especially after that mess of a last episode. But anyway, now we get a dead dude BB's backstory, but I seriously stopped caring about the actual story of this anime a few episodes ago. And honestly, I don't even like BB, so I didn't care for his backstory either.

And I don't know if it's just me, but even the action looks far worse than it did in the beginning. EVEN THE FAN SERVICE SUCKS, everything has gotten far worse all at the same time. AND WHY ARE THERE STANDS NOW? It was one thing when there was just one, but knowing everybody has a freaking order just makes the whole thing suck worse.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 1, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2013
This is the first 12 ep show that I'm dropping 9 episodes in, but I really don't wanna waste another hour of my time on this shit. Oh man it just gets so much worse every episode.
Sep 1, 2016 6:41 PM

May 2015
Meh. Still a bad show. I still can't remember anything about the plot. And I don't even remember why people like BB. The only thing this show is good for is list padding.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 1, 2016 11:55 PM

Oct 2011
BB episode yay. wishing for more BB
Sep 4, 2016 4:57 AM
Mar 2015
I came this far so I won't drop it but this is one of the worst anime I've seen in a while. Some episodes are pure garbage.
Sep 5, 2016 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
What did I just watch?

Also, lol @ that one girl being in the OP. I thought she was going to be a big character, but she had such a minor role in this episode. And that's probably it for her.

DuoraDoll said:

And I don't know if it's just me, but even the action looks far worse than it did in the beginning. EVEN THE FAN SERVICE SUCKS, everything has gotten far worse all at the same time. AND WHY ARE THERE STANDS NOW? It was one thing when there was just one, but knowing everybody has a freaking order just makes the whole thing suck worse.

The fight scenes are nowhere near as dynamic as they used to be. Everything's gone down the drain.
Sep 5, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2011
SimplyKairi said:
lets be honest BB should've been the MC

Male MCs seemed to have shifted from everything a person would aspire to be, Into some form of insecure emotional baggage that is what most people are.

Everything about this MC shift seemed to happened around the mid to late 90s.

I call it the "Shinji effect."

We've gone from stoic strong Male leads with the occasional flaw or two. And we've ended up with weak emotional insecure male leads with a glimpse of strength and resolve.

BB was the old guard. Justice is the new. Sadly humanity is screwed.
Sep 5, 2016 9:36 AM
Jun 2012
Maybe this anime it will be split cour because without anime orginal ending is impossible to end story in just 3 episodes.
Sep 6, 2016 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
I just can't help but wonder how desperate the magazine this is being published in was, they decided: You know what, let's promote this manga, even if it's a complete mess and shit, we have to keep our trash manga magazine alive somehow.
:3
Sep 11, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
And the king's gay lover died. And nobody cried because nobody cares.

Look at all of the Rei I mean Illya Arya clones. I have to applaud whoever said that this was going to be a poor man's Fate/Zero pre-season.
Sep 29, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
BB's past, so the king was an as*hole.
Oct 1, 2016 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
I guess it was about time for some real plot.
Oct 9, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
BB is bad ass, too bad he's dead.
now that's explain about how OP that Arya bitch, how the MC supposed to defeat her then? by a will power like any cliche MC?
Oct 12, 2016 10:45 PM
Mar 2012
So far with annoying girl dead, and BB bestboy backstory, it's getting better. But still messy confusing plot. What did the king do? He a scientist who made Arya? So she's the perfected 'input device' for the ruins or something. Seems mc & BB merged kinda, await expected powerup.
Nov 5, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2012
Another pretty meh episode, I really do wonder what the last 3 episodes will have to offer for an ending!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

15 by YaGurlSaiyan »»
Sep 6, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.