Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was one of the best episodes of the series so far. There was non-stop fights for the majority of the episode. This did no disappoint.

I did find the whole Kenshiro as the Japanese martial arts Jesus thing interesting when he cured Ailee's bllndness. I just wonder when he's going to turn water into sake!
Mar 30, 2012 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
So he's not going to fight Rei? Man, they were setting that fight up since the moment he was introduced. Still, they sort of became friends, that was nice. Now what's the deal with this new Ken?

And yeah, I think the series becomes more enjoyable when you view it as "The Adventures of Muscle Jesus and Friends".
Oct 16, 2012 10:29 PM

Nov 2010
Feeling tired? Listless? Can't seem to get your eyes to work?
Maybe you are deaf or have another incurable disease?

Don't hesitate to call the medical offices of Kenshiro, M.D.
He'll have you 100% healthy with a few quick pressure point presses!

Call Toll free!
555-SHOK
Jan 10, 2013 1:39 AM

Jun 2008
Rei seems to actually have good brains and understand that Ken isn't the one who took his sister despite the scars.

Lol at the mask seven scar guy at the end. His just some lousy copy guy trying to take advantage of Kenshiro's fame.

brucescrews said:

I did find the whole Kenshiro as the Japanese martial arts Jesus thing interesting when he cured Ailee's bllndness. I just wonder when he's going to turn water into sake!

I expected him to walk on lava in this episode.
Jul 16, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic episode, it just keeps getting better and better :) Wondering how Ken knows that guy with the helmet. Would also be great if Ken and Rei keep teaming up together to kick some ass.
Mar 16, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2008
Kenshiro just toys with every single guy, he cannot be stopped.
Jul 24, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2016
Jezmund said:
Feeling tired? Listless? Can't seem to get your eyes to work?
Maybe you are deaf or have another incurable disease?

Don't hesitate to call the medical offices of Kenshiro, M.D.
He'll have you 100% healthy with a few quick pressure point presses!

Call Toll free!
555-SHOK

OMG that is pretty hilarious lol xD
Nov 12, 2017 3:16 AM

Mar 2010
After the attack in the end of last episode it seemed its over already but they got themselves again in a very dangerous situation when the females were surrounded by Fang Clan members. Kenshiro was confident when he beat the hell out of that green wearing guy, his face was priceless, lol. After it was settled to Ken vs Fang Clan Leader the outcome was pretty obvious although I hoped for a slightly longer fight, his armoring got beaten a bit too quickly.

Ken showing his scars to Rei was surprising, but had to happen at some point, good Rei reacted like he did. Ken seems to know the Copy guy, who apparently is using a similar pressure point technique, so either they were on the same school or are closely related in another way (brother?). Hopefully Rei is not written off the show now.
Feb 14, 2018 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
I like how the boss turned into rainbow colors before feel the pain
The sfx though.. It's funny

"I guess it's too late".. Oh Kenshiro
Comedic timing in this anime, it's just gold xD

It seems Ken is going to have problem with those bad rumors soon
"Signature removed"
Apr 4, 2018 11:17 AM

Jun 2009
So how exactly did Ken and Rey got girls back from villian guy? I was confused at the end of last episode, when they played dead and beat the shit out of some foot-soldiers, but girls were still hold captive - and in the beginning on this one they just are not.
Sep 23, 2019 4:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Intense episode, the fight vs the fangs clan was epic, and the reunion between Rei and his sister was touching.
I wonder who really is the man who pretends to be Kenshiro.
So that's was him who originally captured Rei's sister and that's why Rei was searching for the man with seven scars.
Dec 23, 2019 3:34 PM

Jul 2015
Those savages finally meet their end, nice to see that Ailee can see again

I'm happy that Rei now knows that Kenshiro has the scars but isn't the kidnapper, looks like the gang has to hunt down some imposter

Mar 29, 2020 9:28 PM
May 2018
Langolyer said:
So how exactly did Ken and Rey got girls back from villian guy? I was confused at the end of last episode, when they played dead and beat the shit out of some foot-soldiers, but girls were still hold captive - and in the beginning on this one they just are not.

Yeah, I thought the same LOL. But I decided not to question it too much. i'll let slide.. Great episode! Hoping Rei sticks around.
Jan 12, 2022 11:14 AM

Apr 2020
The episode starts out quite funny. Gotta appreciate how the bandits took the time to make a whole lava crater setting for the final battle. The rocks splitting up into 3 separate pieces. The one bandit-guy with the hate-able face spitting in Ken's face... Seems like he assessed the situation quite badly.

Ken using his miracle powers once again at the end of the episode and also suddenly revealing his scars. Since the plot-reveal of there being another man with 7 scars, I recognized the fake Kenshiro from the intro. I suddenly noticed him on the motorcycle. Seems like we have our next villain ready and waiting.
JezzmanJan 12, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 25, 3:52 AM

Jan 2018
Ok but how the heck did the girls reach Kenshiro and Rei's side? This show doesn't make any sense sometimes. But I guess that's part of the charm.

It's great that Rei is finally with his sister now. Bold of Ken to reveal his scars to him. Glad Rei finally got some sense and isn't fighting Ken over that.

Ngl the entrance for the man in the mask was badass. He almost seems like he was inspired by T-800 from Terminator 2 but this anime predates that movie by several years.

Hope this won't be the last we'll see of Mamiya and Rei.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.