Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 25, 2015 10:05 PM

Jan 2014
nice to see Ayato in action
Yabuki seems mysterious behind his cheerful attitude
so far, the only thing I hate is Ayatos's VA which is horrible
Oct 26, 2015 1:32 AM

Apr 2015
Claudia seems stronger than I imagined o.o
Can't wait to see the Phoenix festa fights,I feel like they'll come up with some pretty amazing attacks that takes note of each other's capabilities.(In before they are the worst team because they are contrary to what I felt)
But instead,I'm putting this anime on hold until the 2nd cour is near release or midway through.
Oct 26, 2015 1:41 AM
Aug 2012
Ophis said:
Not sure if you guys are blind, but Lester was in the shadow out cold next to Yabuki at the end when he talked to Claudia.

Not going to lie, i missed that as well. Well there goes the lame joke of "Nobody care about Lester".....

Kyruga said:
Bosskardo said:
For F sake.
How predictable can it get???

Do you mind share with us what do you think it was predicable?

Everything is predictable after someone finishes watching the episode. Let the poor guy say the typical so-cool line for self-satisfaction.

konatachan80 said:

In that world their powers is as real as their hands or nose.
If she did similar things to those, would you say the same?
It is hard to see it as something other than negative.

If someone smiles while beating someone it doesn't mean they don't want to hurt them.

Based on what she did to him, if her wish was related to him then it would most likely
be to remove his powers completely or something like that.

But that doesn't mean it should only be taken as negative.......she had a reason or maybe she was forced to do it. Would she be crying if she was doing it just for making her brother suffer?

Well talking more about it would be spoilerish but after volume 4 is adapted you may see it in a different way. Let's just say the battle during the opening was not a normal tournament.....

Oct 26, 2015 1:59 AM

Aug 2013
Ophis said:
Not sure if you guys are blind, but Lester was in the shadow out cold next to Yabuki at the end when he talked to Claudia.

I didn't even see him. Thanks for pointing that out. Poor Lester.
Oct 26, 2015 2:37 AM

Dec 2013
Reload said:
SchwingBoner said:

Ayato came just in time to save his damsel in distress. Pretty cool fight.

I enjoyed the fight too, but they neglected to show how he even found her. It was hilarious enough that he jumped off a building without knowing where she was. I was expecting Julis to at least ask at some point. Maybe next episode...not likely huh? I guess its a given that Claudia helped out since Ayato stated she was in the area. The manga had Saya give a helping had as well, though small it may have been.
Xynic said:
This show is so similar to the other ongoing series Rakudai kishi no cavalry that I keep on mixing the stories of the two.

Well we know now that MC is really OP but they added some kind of restraint plot on him so he wouldn't be able to beat up his opponent easily.

I'd recommend watching them separately. I'm reading the manga for Rakudai, so less confusion. I'm just noticing the similarity that both MCs have a sister. Difference being that one is closer to the MC than the other. Also, one is an oneesan and the other is an imouto if it wasn't obvious. Ayato's sister is probably alive considering her ability is still in effect, but it'd be horrible if he was stuck with it even if she died. It'd be nice if he could find someone who can cancel out abilities. Similar to a side character in Hunter x Hunter. Index is probably a better reference.

Actually. the manga version followed the LN a bit better than this adaptation to be honest. Neither Claudia nor Ayato actually knew where Julis had been "invited" to go. It was all thanks to Saya getting massively lost somewhere in Asterisk that she caught sight of Julis heading towards the shady part of town by coincidence.

As much as I enjoy reading through the LN, I have to say they made a mess of this episode. They spent too much time on stupid expositions that weren't suppose to sound so matter of fact at all. The way they adapted it, it followed anime cliche's to a T, which wasn't how it was in the LN. The dolls were explained poorly, the entire battle to show Ayato's mad analytical skills and swordsmanship was reduced to some OP Jedi action, and worst of all, they didn't even properly animate the part where Norman was suppose to rush Claudia with a knife, only to get taken down by her Ogre Lux (it was suppose to specifically showcase the special ability Pan-Dora has to readers/viewers).

I hate to admit it, but I'd had my hopes up that they'd properly adapt it since the first three episodes had been done pretty decently, but this one was just disappointing. As much as I enjoy reading the LN, this episode as an adaptation for the ending of volume 1 was pretty much a fail for me. They had the minutes to do things properly, but they just messed up the pacing.

Oh, also....
... but then again, none of this was suppose to even come up until Volume 4 of the LN, so I still have no idea why they even wasted time to animate that part so early into the show.
L-RyoshiOct 26, 2015 2:43 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 26, 2015 4:06 AM

Nov 2011
I actually like the supporting characters way more than the main ones. :/
Oct 26, 2015 5:24 AM
Feb 2015
Poor Saya kidnapped by her bed for 2 straight episodes.
Oct 26, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2013
Julis is now a trophy for the MC.
Oct 26, 2015 8:54 AM

Feb 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
Actually. the manga version followed the LN a bit better than this adaptation to be honest. Neither Claudia nor Ayato actually knew where Julis had been "invited" to go. It was all thanks to Saya getting massively lost somewhere in Asterisk that she caught sight of Julis heading towards the shady part of town by coincidence.

As much as I enjoy reading through the LN, I have to say they made a mess of this episode. They spent too much time on stupid expositions that weren't suppose to sound so matter of fact at all. The way they adapted it, it followed anime cliche's to a T, which wasn't how it was in the LN. The dolls were explained poorly, the entire battle to show Ayato's mad analytical skills and swordsmanship was reduced to some OP Jedi action, and worst of all, they didn't even properly animate the part where Norman was suppose to rush Claudia with a knife, only to get taken down by her Ogre Lux (it was suppose to specifically showcase the special ability Pan-Dora has to readers/viewers).

I hate to admit it, but I'd had my hopes up that they'd properly adapt it since the first three episodes had been done pretty decently, but this one was just disappointing. As much as I enjoy reading the LN, this episode as an adaptation for the ending of volume 1 was pretty much a fail for me. They had the minutes to do things properly, but they just messed up the pacing.

Oh, also....
... but then again, none of this was suppose to even come up until Volume 4 of the LN, so I still have no idea why they even wasted time to animate that part so early into the show.

I noticed the technology is a tad less advanced in the manga than in the anime, so one can say Claudia had the resources to find Julis in this case; be it the surveillance cameras as shown at the end, or just asking other students what direction they saw her heading. After that, the sound of fighting would direct them to which building.

After reading the manga and watching the first episode, I pretty much figured they'd be rearranging events and explanations. So, it's still possible for things to come up later than expected. As for bring stuff up sooner, I'm sure they have their reasons. I doubt they'll completely change the the story, but it seems they're heading in the same direction. I'm guessing it's to make things more suspenseful.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 26, 2015 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
The final, save the episode, because the fuss between lovers there may also be, but throwing a lot of good animation to show only that context and a fighter, is a bit too much. The main plot is gearing, satisfied; narratively but you could do better. Designs and animations are of good quality, the CG is sufficient and not annoying, I'm curious to see the next episode.
Oct 26, 2015 9:29 AM
May 2012
I want to continue watching... for more Claudia.
Oct 26, 2015 6:50 PM
Jun 2014
How can this turn into harem? I seriously don't get it. Laid out plain as day who the "main" heroine is in this story, and it turns into a damn harem series with pseudo romance and a fidgeting protagonist. 16-18 years old and only thinking about protecting a certain girl. Not because he likes her or anything, just because. So insufferably retarded. At least Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is honest with it's characters. I know this novel started earlier, but that doesn't excuse it for having a shit setup.
Oct 26, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
Stormen said:
How can this turn into harem? I seriously don't get it. Laid out plain as day who the "main" heroine is in this story, and it turns into a damn harem series with pseudo romance and a fidgeting protagonist. 16-18 years old and only thinking about protecting a certain girl. Not because he likes her or anything, just because. So insufferably retarded. At least Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is honest with it's characters. I know this novel started earlier, but that doesn't excuse it for having a shit setup.

Rakudai don't is so different as you are imagining, he have a girlfriend ok, but its a secret(because she is a princess) and the girls keep falling for him and he will be in "fanservice" situations.

Asterisk tough its a Harem, is more focused in battles then harem situations.
Oct 26, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
I actually found it pretty enjoyable. Despite its cliches, I believed it was well executed. xD
Oct 26, 2015 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
Stormen said:

Because it is not entirely or majorly focused in romance like Rakudai. Asterisk focused more on it story and romance comes second. That said, there are people who prefer their romance to gradually develop instead of instantly develop early in the game. Hey, he said that he wanna protect her in her quest to support her loved ones. Isn't that a great first step to actually develop a character or pairing? At least Julis doesn't put romance first in her priority. You are only stating Rakudai is better in its romance aspects but an anime quality is not determined only by its romance quality. Both shows are great, stop comparing, stop hating, stop complaining and just watch till the end. After all that, only then you can start criticizing whether it's bad or good.
Oct 26, 2015 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
Stormen said:

I'm enjoying Asterisk more than Cavalry at the moment. The fanservice/harem/romance feels so forced in Cavalry. It gets in the way imo.

I still enjoy watching both shows though. I just like one more than the other.
Oct 27, 2015 3:36 AM
Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
garydai said:

Fights are always better when you read a book. Our imagination has no budget to worry about =)

Don't see how the fight is bad though.......sure it doesn't have Ayato cutting through several robots but it was still done pretty well, the key points were there and that "Nine-fanged sword" looked great. Moreover none of MC's characterization were cut down during the fight and they managed to adapt most of the contents pretty well. The more intense fights are coming later so the budget will obviously be going there.

Have you guys saw the preview for ep. 5? I cant wait for saturday after seeing that. Definitely HYPE for it!
Oct 27, 2015 5:40 AM
Aug 2012
kiragsd4 said:

Have you guys saw the preview for ep. 5? I cant wait for saturday after seeing that. Definitely HYPE for it!

Seems like they are trying fit half of volume 2 in 1 episodes........not a good things tbh.

Oct 27, 2015 5:53 AM
Jun 2014
Azai-kun said:
Stormen said:

Because it is not entirely or majorly focused in romance like Rakudai. Asterisk focused more on it story and romance comes second. That said, there are people who prefer their romance to gradually develop instead of instantly develop early in the game. Hey, he said that he wanna protect her in her quest to support her loved ones. Isn't that a great first step to actually develop a character or pairing? At least Julis doesn't put romance first in her priority. You are only stating Rakudai is better in its romance aspects but an anime quality is not determined only by its romance quality. Both shows are great, stop comparing, stop hating, stop complaining and just watch till the end. After all that, only then you can start criticizing whether it's bad or good.

A man protects what he loves, helps those he cares about. He doesn't see some flimsy girl and decide to dedicate his life and protect her for no reason whatsoever. Well, anyway. That Cavalry also turns somewhat harem only goes to show how worthless the writers in Japan are today. Sick and tired of seeing animes that have a good setup, just to throw it away for a harem situation and an ultimately open ending.

I do love good action, but i do love good romance as well. Fanservice is junk, and not romance.
Oct 27, 2015 7:19 AM

Mar 2013
Stormen said:

A man protects what he loves, helps those he cares about. He doesn't see some flimsy girl and decide to dedicate his life and protect her for no reason whatsoever. Well, anyway. That Cavalry also turns somewhat harem only goes to show how worthless the writers in Japan are today. Sick and tired of seeing animes that have a good setup, just to throw it away for a harem situation and an ultimately open ending.

I do love good action, but i do love good romance as well. Fanservice is junk, and not romance.

Lol. And you think he doesn’t care enough to protect her? You can’t just simply assume that he doesn’t like her, who knows maybe he’s starting to gradually develop feelings for her after learning about her noble goal of fighting for others sake alone. Which actually contrasts the fact that she has what he doesn’t have. Something to fight for. Seriously, why would you hate the fact that gradual/progressive romantic development is actually being used here?

Also, Rakudai a harem? Lol you must be either trolling or just simply slow-witted that the latest episode wasn’t able to convey everything enough to make it clear to you that it’s definitely not a harem. Sure there are lots of other girls. Doesn’t mean they fell for him or try to actively woo him. Who knows, there might be other guys who will appear to increase the number of pairings. I do agree excessive fanservice is dumb but you can’t simply assume that the respective shows will end up in an open-ending just because it maybe has a harem element in it. That’s just you with your blind hatred towards harem without bothering to analyze its good parts. I mean, look at OreImo (even tho the ending sucks), still ends up with one girl. Look at Mahouka’s vast amount of pairings. Well constructed wasn’t it? Sure there are some harem-ending ones but not all of them are the same. Simply has some hope with the LNs and who knows we might getting what we wanted. Too early to simply jump the gun. IMO, Asterisk, Rakudai and AntiMagic have high amount of potential. Just because it differs a bit from your expectations doesn’t mean the potentiality will drop, since your opinion is merely subjective.
Oct 27, 2015 7:36 AM
Jun 2014
Azai-kun said:
Stormen said:

Lol. And you think he doesn’t care enough to protect her? You can’t just simply assume that he doesn’t like her, who knows maybe he’s starting to gradually develop feelings for her after learning about her noble goal of fighting for others sake alone. Which actually contrasts the fact that she has what he doesn’t have. Something to fight for. Seriously, why would you hate the fact that gradual/progressive romantic development is actually being used here?

Also, Rakudai a harem? Lol you must be either trolling or just simply slow-witted that the latest episode wasn’t able to convey everything enough to make it clear to you that it’s definitely not a harem. Sure there are lots of other girls. Doesn’t mean they fell for him or try to actively woo him. Who knows, there might be other guys who will appear to increase the number of pairings. I do agree excessive fanservice is dumb but you can’t simply assume that the respective shows will end up in an open-ending just because it maybe has a harem element in it. That’s just you with your blind hatred towards harem without bothering to analyze its good parts. I mean, look at OreImo (even tho the ending sucks), still ends up with one girl. Look at Mahouka’s vast amount of pairings. Well constructed wasn’t it? Sure there are some harem-ending ones but not all of them are the same. Simply has some hope with the LNs and who knows we might getting what we wanted. Too early to simply jump the gun. IMO, Asterisk, Rakudai and AntiMagic have high amount of potential. Just because it differs a bit from your expectations doesn’t mean the potentiality will drop, since your opinion is merely subjective.

About cavalry being harem, well i wouldn't know. I only replied after Kyruga posted that it turns into a harem like situation because their relationship is a secret and girls fall for him with accompanying fanservice situations.

Anyway, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is spoiled to be a harem series, so there is really no point arguing.
Oct 27, 2015 7:54 AM

Mar 2013
Stormen said:
Anyway, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is spoiled to be a harem series, so there is really no point arguing.

Suit yourself. I have no right to force my opinions on you but it's just a matter if you would watch it or not just to understand that it may or may not progress in a good way later. (or at least not to your liking)
Oct 27, 2015 7:57 AM
Jun 2014
Azai-kun said:
Stormen said:

Suit yourself. I have no right to force my opinions on you but it's just a matter if you would watch it or not just to understand that it may or may not progress in a good way later. (or at least not to your liking)

I'll continue watching it, but i guess i'll watch it with different expectations than i had in the beginning. I truly do not like harem settings. It's fine if multiple girls like him of course, but then we usually have either the asexual protagonist or utterly indecisive one. Let's see and hope that this series can provide us with something not utterly overused in the japanese media!
Oct 27, 2015 10:23 AM
Aug 2013
Yea, I think Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, and Gakuen 35 Shoutai, they are similar, but still, OP and ED of Gakusen much better than the other . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Oct 27, 2015 3:05 PM
Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
kiragsd4 said:

Seems like they are trying fit half of volume 2 in 1 episodes........not a good things tbh.

Well it depends on how they do it,i wish they go deep with the details on the council meeting part.
Oct 27, 2015 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
A person on AnimeSuki sum up Ayato pretty well. This is regarding how a few people find him weak or "beta".
I do not agree that he appeared weak before. It was merely that he had sufficient social skills to maneuver his way around certain situations without resorting to violence or the threat of violence.

Take, for example, his 2 run-ins with MacFail. In the first encounter, Ayatoe observed a huge guy, backed by 2 lackeys, surrounding a petite looking girl while no one else was around. It was perfectly reasonable to suspect that they are cowards, and they would prefer to not make a move when there are interested observers. Thus, he simply made himself known. In the second encounter, MacFail and his lackeys confronted Julis in public, it was reasonable to assume that they are not so conscious about being seen. Thus, he brought up the assailant and the implications to MacFail should he attack Julis. In both instances, he turned out to be correct, but if he had been wrong, we have just seen proof of Saya's claim back in episode 2 that he had more than enough physical prowess to solve the problem through violence.

Nor is he really so timid around women as I've seen him accused of being. He is being quite active in his pursuit of Julis. For example, I have seen accusations of his being overly familiar when he said to her, "So you do smile like that." This sort of presumptuousness is a common technique of flirting--acting closer to someone than you should be to let the other feel closer. Similarly, he takes advantage of her promise of a return favor to ask her for a date. And in this episode, he takes the additional step of asking to be her partner for the festa. This kind of continuous and purposeful approach is perfectly appropriate for an easily-embarrassed and not very honest girl like Julis.

Ayato has been accused of being too easily flustered around girls, but consider the most salient cases: Accidentally groping Julius after shoving her down in episode 1; seeing Saya and Julis' clothes undone in episode 2; and being apparently propositioned by Claudia and Julis in episode 3. These are all wildly inappropriate situations. That he does not have a suave one-liner like James Bond shows he is not a masterful social creature, but that is far from the awkward and shrinking teen that descriptions like weak and beta seem to imply he is.

I have found that the quantity of posts in a LN adaptation's thread is in proportion to the fraction of LN readers in the thread, while the quality is the inverse. One of the reasons I like Asterisk is that this thread is subdued rather than war zone between LN readers and everyone else, so I am quite glad relentlessflame stepped in when he did.

Even in this episode where he verbally smacked Silas without any fear nor hesitation shows how he really is when the situation demands it. Most of the time though he's just a laid back person it seems. His teasing at the end of this episode too and how he gently push the topic of Julis becoming his tag partner which Julis by this point can't refuse anymore haha. And that blush...

Anyway this was a very good episode! I was a bit disappointed with Ayato's fight but that was actually a solid and faithful adaptation for this particular battle. I was hoping they made it more exciting but then again it's hard really since the novel specifically said that Silas was really weak anyways and the only reason why the battle lasted that long against Julis and MacPhail is because of all the planning that guy did to seal their fighting capabilities. Ayato was a surprise for him which he did not prepare for at all. Later battles are on a whole new level though when stronger opponents appears.

Also that last part with Julis and Ayato was sooo cuuute. And under the stars and moon too made it all romantic in a way haha.
Oct 27, 2015 4:51 PM

Mar 2009
Barely any Claudia, so this was a terrible episode.
Oct 27, 2015 7:13 PM
Jun 2014
Enternal said:
A person on AnimeSuki sum up Ayato pretty well. This is regarding how a few people find him weak or "beta".
I do not agree that he appeared weak before. It was merely that he had sufficient social skills to maneuver his way around certain situations without resorting to violence or the threat of violence.

Take, for example, his 2 run-ins with MacFail. In the first encounter, Ayatoe observed a huge guy, backed by 2 lackeys, surrounding a petite looking girl while no one else was around. It was perfectly reasonable to suspect that they are cowards, and they would prefer to not make a move when there are interested observers. Thus, he simply made himself known. In the second encounter, MacFail and his lackeys confronted Julis in public, it was reasonable to assume that they are not so conscious about being seen. Thus, he brought up the assailant and the implications to MacFail should he attack Julis. In both instances, he turned out to be correct, but if he had been wrong, we have just seen proof of Saya's claim back in episode 2 that he had more than enough physical prowess to solve the problem through violence.

Nor is he really so timid around women as I've seen him accused of being. He is being quite active in his pursuit of Julis. For example, I have seen accusations of his being overly familiar when he said to her, "So you do smile like that." This sort of presumptuousness is a common technique of flirting--acting closer to someone than you should be to let the other feel closer. Similarly, he takes advantage of her promise of a return favor to ask her for a date. And in this episode, he takes the additional step of asking to be her partner for the festa. This kind of continuous and purposeful approach is perfectly appropriate for an easily-embarrassed and not very honest girl like Julis.

Ayato has been accused of being too easily flustered around girls, but consider the most salient cases: Accidentally groping Julius after shoving her down in episode 1; seeing Saya and Julis' clothes undone in episode 2; and being apparently propositioned by Claudia and Julis in episode 3. These are all wildly inappropriate situations. That he does not have a suave one-liner like James Bond shows he is not a masterful social creature, but that is far from the awkward and shrinking teen that descriptions like weak and beta seem to imply he is.

I have found that the quantity of posts in a LN adaptation's thread is in proportion to the fraction of LN readers in the thread, while the quality is the inverse. One of the reasons I like Asterisk is that this thread is subdued rather than war zone between LN readers and everyone else, so I am quite glad relentlessflame stepped in when he did.

Even in this episode where he verbally smacked Silas without any fear nor hesitation shows how he really is when the situation demands it. Most of the time though he's just a laid back person it seems. His teasing at the end of this episode too and how he gently push the topic of Julis becoming his tag partner which Julis by this point can't refuse anymore haha. And that blush...

Anyway this was a very good episode! I was a bit disappointed with Ayato's fight but that was actually a solid and faithful adaptation for this particular battle. I was hoping they made it more exciting but then again it's hard really since the novel specifically said that Silas was really weak anyways and the only reason why the battle lasted that long against Julis and MacPhail is because of all the planning that guy did to seal their fighting capabilities. Ayato was a surprise for him which he did not prepare for at all. Later battles are on a whole new level though when stronger opponents appears.

Also that last part with Julis and Ayato was sooo cuuute. And under the stars and moon too made it all romantic in a way haha.

Asexual protagonists accidentally groping or saying something that can be seen as romantic without ACTUALLY meaning it that way is absolutely nothing new. Well, we'll see how it develops.
Oct 28, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
I love that ending theme.
Oct 28, 2015 5:42 AM

Sep 2009
So Ayato gets Nine Lives Blade Works here...
Oct 28, 2015 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
A did not undestand at all, the president of the council and the periodist are bad guys?
Oct 28, 2015 10:37 AM
Jun 2014
TheVictor9634 said:
A did not undestand at all, the president of the council and the periodist are bad guys?

Bit early to tell. They were certainly projected as such, but that can just as well be deceptive.
Oct 29, 2015 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
Was quite boring for me till the end literally. (Can't get enough of the ending song ♥)

Claudia & The other dude seem to be a way more interesting character now. Not bad.
Oct 29, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
imo Ayato's sister is no 1, followed closely by Claudia. Kinda hoping Claudia isn't an antagonist please please please, her dual colour/wielding is totally bad ass
Oct 30, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
Who was it that said that Gakusen has higher budget than Cavalry? Seriously, who said this nonsense? The show looks like total ass in comparison, be it character designs or special effects or most noticeably cinematography. A-1 should really get some better animation directors, the action sequences are so plain and uninterestingly made, Silver Link blows it out of the water.

Story wise... It's just... I deem it not even worth commenting on.

But all that said, that fucking ED!
Oct 30, 2015 7:16 AM

May 2010
Well, that was stupid and cheesy. At least it had cool animation. And the ED song is cool, nearly forgot.
Oct 30, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
So Ayato has a secret power that has been sealed by his sister for his own safety i think...
This episode was very simmilar to the 4th episode of "Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry " xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 30, 2015 6:12 PM
Feb 2015
AivanK said:
So Ayato has a secret power that has been sealed by his sister for his own safety i think...
This episode was very simmilar to the 4th episode of "Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry " xD

Similar in? The villain was using a bow? There's a forest? It's a 1-on-1 fight? Seriously people just want to say it's similar that they don't even give a damn about how they're different.
Oct 31, 2015 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
It was very predictable as usual but enjoyable to watch. Great scene at the end between Julis and Ayato :).
Oct 31, 2015 10:01 AM
Mar 2013
Overall great episode. Saw a little about of Ayato's power, plus he was holding Julis the whole time. and at the end Claudia's secret power was shown a bit.
Oct 31, 2015 7:23 PM
Aug 2014
The final scene before the credits, where it showed the two mechs/puppets....

Am I the only one who though the second black and purple one looked EXTREMELY similar to black lotus (aka kuroyukihime's brain burst avatar) from Accel World?
Oct 31, 2015 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
Light sabers are better, but they don't create phoenixes.
Nov 2, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
And now we have a generic puppeteer side villain who is destined to lose against Ayato.
Claudia freaking red-eyes glare is so badass scary cool!
Julis is getting closer and softer to Ayato!
Real villains are new showing-up behind the scenes!
excited for the next new character that would join-up the Ayato's gang!
4/5.

Nov 3, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty good episode.. i think this is the best episode in the series so far while it's full of cliche but still it's pretty entertaining.. A generic villain we have here and it's good to see him getting beaten up.. but what happen to Claudia? is she kinda play an "evil" character role while side with good guy? lel..

Ofc the most important piece in this episode are the development of relationship between Ayato and Julis.. They have a great teamwork and i'm really looking forward to see both of them fighting together as a team in the tournament later..

4/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 6, 2015 9:56 PM
Apr 2015
Definitely didn't see that dark Claudia and Yabuki twist at the end... (kind of thought Yabuki would simply be the comical sidekick character)

Also, fighting off an army with a beautiful girl in your arms... Ayato is living my dream!
Nov 6, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
thei first 3 eps of this are a flop but the next 2 is some what worse than that any way i'm gonna not watch this for the sake of Aikatsu and Gochiusa
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 17, 2015 9:21 PM

Nov 2015
matias067 said:
And now we have a generic puppeteer side villain who is destined to lose against Ayato.
Claudia freaking red-eyes glare is so badass scary cool!
Julis is getting closer and softer to Ayato!
Real villains are new showing-up behind the scenes!
excited for the next new character that would join-up the Ayato's gang!
4/5.

yep. I'd like to see Ayato's so called true strengh. It is goin smooth.
Nov 18, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
This guy... slicing everything up while carrying a girl. It was a bit underwhelming as far as the action though.
Nov 18, 2015 6:10 PM

Jun 2015
BurntJelly said:
This guy... slicing everything up while carrying a girl. It was a bit underwhelming as far as the action though.

Underwhelming seems like the best way I can describe this show.
Dec 4, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
That Star Wars BGM and SFX LOL

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.