Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2015 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
Yep gonna need the story to pick up soon the lighter bits have been pretty lackluster so far which is disappointing
Jul 25, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
this show is getting baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Jul 25, 2015 7:24 PM

Sep 2013
Smudy said:
Jun Maeda sure likes his baseball.

Felt like a waste of time honestly, did enjoy it though to some extent. But it's the worst episode so far.

And yeah, looks like it to me that Yuu can't possess other people with abilities.

Pretty sure he can. He possessed the archery guy who produced photos.
Jul 25, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2013
I actually thought that this was a pretty good episode
And for anyone thinking that this is getting episodic, remember that Angel Beats was like this for 4 or 5 episodes before the real plot kicked in so Charlotte should be no different :)
Jul 25, 2015 7:50 PM

Jul 2014
Ok episode. Ayumi and her pizza sauce is getting really fucking annoying now. Megane-kun needs to chill the fuck out with his Yusa obsession. I did chuckle when he crashed into the wall and they censored his face though.

At this point I like Misa the best Yusa is more effective as comedic relief than megane atm.

Nao's experiment intrigued me. What was the purpose. I hope this show picks up from here.

3/5
[center][/center]
Jul 25, 2015 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone who's lasted this far into Denpa Kyoushi without dropping has no reason to complain about this show (yeeeeesh, oh boy)

NoEntry said:
Moral: Cheating is ok, pizza sauce is not.

PREACH IT, SISTA!!!
Jul 25, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2015
I liked all of KEY works (except little busters!). So this is the top anime I'm eagerly waiting to watch this season.

The 4th episode was bad compared to other episodes which were good, if not better. The only redeeming quality of 4 is the chuckle out of jojiro, and the little experiment near the ending. The characters are all likeable. I'm still keeping my hopes up.
Jul 25, 2015 8:36 PM

Dec 2014
So they just easily forget what glasses dude did during the baseball match?
They also keep playing till the end..... Wow...

Subtle powers like what mc have can be ignored but when a guy unnaturally "ran" to first base, i think people will swarm that guy or the official should have ended that game.

I really think the first half of episode 1 is the best moment of this anime series.
Jul 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
making up spell the fuck is with that crap theo st during the match was good
Jul 25, 2015 9:09 PM

Jul 2014
Another Dream crushed By Nao Tamori. Cant she just fuckin die already?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 25, 2015 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
Could it be that part of the negativity currently spiraling from this episode can be traced to the fact this episode and the one before are so different in pacing?

Personally, I felt as if episode 3 was really fast. Event after event, things flew by.
But in this episode, it was a lot slower, with some story elements sprinkled throughout.

Is it because from episode 3 and having to wait a week for the next episode, we are accustomed to the pacing of one episode to have it thrown off in the next? Is having to wait a week relevant at all?

Is the negativity from being exposed to a contextual unfamiliarity of events, or from being wronged with expectations?
Does the negativity from each episode spiral together to form a higher requirement of appeal for the next episode? Or does it lessen it?

What if this is all planned? What if all this reception was drafted beforehand?
WHAT IF JUN PLAYED US
WHAT IF
WE ARE THE ANIME
Jul 25, 2015 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
Vercetty said:
Mhhhmm..

Suspicious

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 25, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2013
Yusa should've been the one who died; not Misa.
Jul 25, 2015 9:38 PM

Sep 2014
>>
"If you lose I'll smack your asses with the baseball bat"
- Nao Tomori
_CelJul 25, 2015 9:43 PM
レムって、誰のこと?
Jul 25, 2015 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
There should be some development soon hopefully. Yusarin is golden with her charming magic spells.
Jul 25, 2015 10:14 PM

May 2015
Average episode. Yuu’s sister needs to calm down; she is too hyperactive.

The whole baseball game was lackluster.
I’d say that the best moment of the whole game was Joujirou kickass safe. That moment when Nao showed the base umpire the save in her camcorder was priceless.

SheasonDuerulo said:
Anyone who's lasted this far into Denpa Kyoushi without dropping has no reason to complain about this show (yeeeeesh, oh boy)

That doesn’t make sense, plus nobody cares....
What does Denpa Kyoushi has to do with this series discussion anyway? Dude, stay on topic, and refrain from bringing other unrelated series into this.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 25, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2014
Good God the sister character gimmick isn't funny nor annoying in an endearing way (with a purpose), it's just needless fluff.

The baseball pacing was generally pretty bad. Unlike past Key anime where when baseball just happened to happened and wound up being very fun and highlighting different characters and relationships, this one just happens to happens... and nothing comes of it, other than the funny scene with Takajou and his "sacrifice" and the "experiment" that may hint at a future direction of the show.

The part before it with Yusa was amusing though, or at the very least it kept me watching. It may not have all been funny or engaging, but it kept me watching and I don't really regret that part.

Takajou being over the top in love with that idol persona was pretty amusing actually. I've seen people react to celebrities (including an incident where two people romantically involved were next door to a house I was at once with paparazzi everywhere), it's actually scarily accurate with the spit scene given how much people worship and follow celebrities.

To sum up my thoughts on this episode, the first half of this episode and the last two minutes of this episode were honestly pretty good. The rest, however sucked.

This is a 2.8/5 kinda episode to me. It was a big dip from the last two episodes (which I enjoyed quite a bit), and it at least hints at a better 5th episode, but beyond that
Jul 25, 2015 10:42 PM

Jan 2015
Nice episode. I don't understand much of baseball but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. And it was fun to see both sides cheating on the game.
Other anime have an obligatory beach episode. Jun Maeda's anime have an obligatory baseball episode. I'm thankful for it. I seriously dislike beach episodes and they're meaningless fanservice so a baseball episode is good for me.
Yusa's personality is quite something. She really doesn't act like a girl of her age. Imagine what would happen if Yusa and Ayumi met... But there's one thing I like about Yusa's character; she switches to Misa all of a sudden and it's kind of unpredictable. I like it.
Magic spells? Seriously? And Nao actually took advantage of her spells. LOL. And it would appear that "Such a turn-off!" is her new tagline.
Nao seriously lack social skills. Or rather, she simply doesn't care what people think of her. She must be pretty gloomy and lonely. The only thing she does is her student council work; even when she's not at school. She had already observed the pitcher from beforehand. I feel bad for her...
I wonder about the experiment at the end. And the Yu/Nao ship is beginning to set sail. At least she didn't let Yu fall to the ground. :P
Vercetty said:
Mhhhmm..

MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 25, 2015 10:50 PM

May 2015
my prediction for next eps:
1.pizza sauce jokes
2.pizza sauce jokes

it was fun but please, stop wasting my time
Jul 25, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2015
renaiyuusha said:
1.pizza sauce jokes
2.pizza sauce jokes

It's amazing how Ayumi can stand eating all those pizza sauce meals.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 25, 2015 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
Very unimpressive, that spit thing was also utterly disgusting. Both male leads have taken quite a downward spiral since their debuts, and the females I never liked at all.
Jaywalker.
Jul 25, 2015 11:33 PM

Oct 2014
iasuru said:
can we just get into the main plot?

read from right to left
Jul 25, 2015 11:56 PM

Jun 2013
Please, show us that douchebag mc from first ep. He was annoying, but at least he had a personality.
Jul 25, 2015 11:59 PM

Dec 2012
"Oh Yusarin's saliva!" just how a hardcore fan is this guy?

Jul 26, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2015
Worst episode for now.
Some jokes are too repetitive and baseball game was just boring.
AB! had much better comedy parts...

renaiyuusha said:
1.pizza sauce jokes
2.pizza sauce jokes

3.Megane-guy fanboyism on Yusa
4.Megane-guy hurt after using his ability.
Jul 26, 2015 12:32 AM

Apr 2015
Another Key baseball filler episode, which is usually a bit underwhelming. Maeda LOVES baseball, doesn't he? The 'experiment' scene was the only scene of note. The censoring scene was quite funny tho

How on earth did Misa hit the 'major league-level knuckleball'?

Dawngirl9 said:
Please, show us that douchebag mc from first ep. He was annoying, but at least he had a personality.

Word.
LanzJul 26, 2015 12:36 AM
Jul 26, 2015 12:53 AM

May 2015
Riveon said:

renaiyuusha said:
1.pizza sauce jokes
2.pizza sauce jokes

5. Nao showing off her invisibility.
6. Another guy with power be just like "OK, I won't do that again" or "OK, I'll transfer to your school"
Jul 26, 2015 12:55 AM

Aug 2013
Angel Beats is not a only thing that Maeda wrote you know? It is not even in top 5 his best works. Why everyone talking about AB only?

I'm not hyping KEY because of AB, this show was just good, nothing else.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 26, 2015 2:01 AM

Apr 2015
kurikinton said:

and one odd thing about the episode why didnt just the mc possessed the pitcher to throw easy pitches while he was not batting

I think this was intentional so as to carry out the experiment near the end of the episode, not earlier. Also, the experiment could be to show that Yuu's ability has another drawback or he has another different ability altogether. However, the only way this can be confirmed is if we are shown the flashback of when the "helper" appeared to give Tomori and Megane information about the MC.

EpicCh33se said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

100% Yu has not his memories, They Were erased or rewritten.
Sometimes he acts different from his personality, and does things that do not usually do.
He uses the phrase
- This isn't like me.
- Because I'm happy about that.
are vestige of his former self.

These words are related to the fate of the MC.

Left: "The boy confronts fate, even if he loses something precious,"
Right: "The monster continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."

You're saying that because he retains so much info, he forgets about himself? Interesting.

It is quite interesting. As for what Yuu_vi_Britannia said (the stuff about the left and right), I think that the left line refers to Yuu while the right one refers to Nao's brother-- "continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."
Jul 26, 2015 2:02 AM
Apr 2015
Love the ed song

Jun Maeda's works always contain baseball..

As someone who has never played nor watched baseball, I was completely lost for the majority of the episode..

hope the emotional parts come soon
Jul 26, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2014
I still like Misa more tho
so cool and funny X'DDD
I kinda want Yu's personality from ep 1 back lol
And someone... please hide that pizza sauce ...
-- Get Rekt m8 --
-- http://kohaku-chii.deviantart.com/ --
Jul 26, 2015 3:02 AM

Nov 2012
i was wondering why yuu didn't just posess the pitcher.. but apparently he can't do that anyway? or at least i think that was the point of the experiment.
Jul 26, 2015 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
Definetly a funny episode but im getting a bit tired of the " power of the week " thing. This has alot of potentil but i feel its been wasted to a certain degree especially the potential the protaganist had to be one of the best villain protaganists ever.

7/10
Jul 26, 2015 3:36 AM
Nov 2014
Would have been better if it wasn't for the forced jokes tbh.... but enjoyable episode.
Jul 26, 2015 3:39 AM

Mar 2009
For gods sake turn down the volume of the loli already.
Also the beeping noise in the background before the opening started literally hurt my ears.

Aside from the obvious repetitive jokes it seems like we will yet have more plot inconsistencies. "Why is Yusarin coming to our school, its not like this is an art school or anything"
Well I couldnt imagine how annoying Yusarin was gonna be. Seems like 10/10 annoying.

Nao's detective skills this episode were quite impressive. I appreciate it being episodic so far and I'm gonna appreciate it until the inevitable feels are coming.
Jul 26, 2015 3:45 AM

Sep 2014
im holding jun true to his words that the anime will get a lot better around ep 6. so far im incredibly disappointed everything is so forced. so far this anime doesnt hold a candle to angel beats characters were better comedy extremely better and atmosphere way better. hell at epispde 4 of angel beats we already had a huge feels episode (singer iwasawa) and a really funny episode. Charolette has already failed to compare, but we'll see what happens. im not getting my hopes up :( i loved angel beats, charolette is supposed to be similar but better improving on all of angel beats short comings but so far it's falling incredibly short. could be worse. but could be a whole lot better :/
Jul 26, 2015 4:45 AM

Aug 2014
The comedy was fucking awful. The dialogue was fucking awful. The episode was fucking awful. The characters are even more annoying now with the pop star on the team. I can't stand watching this, but I won't drop it. I want to laugh at the melodrama later on. 1/5
Jul 26, 2015 4:48 AM

Aug 2014
BruceLad said:
Would have been better if it wasn't for the forced jokes tbh.... but enjoyable episode.

Pretty much, the comedy in this episode was meh. I found the younger sister nosebleeding scene quite fun last time but now it's getting rather boring.
Jul 26, 2015 5:04 AM
May 2015
I'm in love with the ed and op, they're nice to listen to. Anyways another solid episode.
-______m-Jul 26, 2015 6:33 AM
Jul 26, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2008
tenaugust said:
Riveon said:

5. Nao showing off her invisibility.
6. Another guy with power be just like "OK, I won't do that again" or "OK, I'll transfer to your school"

7. Yusarin magic spells
8. Misa bad temper and trying to set everything to flames

... and that last part doesn't seem that bad, as for now Misa is the only character that I can watch with a decent part of interest. Nao is just cringeworthy, Megane-kun is trying his best in Tournament for The Most Disgusting and Annoying Sidekick Award and all Yu does is not telling his sister that he effing hates pizza sauce already! and allowing Nao to order him around. I don't mind them setting the story with those episodic tales but God, did this show take turn to dull pretty fast after episode 1.
Jul 26, 2015 5:48 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty good episode, although certain jokes are starting to get repetitive, no matter how funny they might be. Had that same feeling when I watched Little Busters season 1 before. =/

Either way, the obligatory baseball episode was still good, seeing Nao & co using their respective powers to overcome their opponents was effective. Poor Takajo, will he ever be able to control his powers eventually? XD

If the rumour's are true, then this series will start to get the ball rolling from the 6th and onwards. So only one episode left before hopefully Yu will grab Ayumi's pizza sauce jar and chucks it into a nearby rubbish bin. ^^;
Jul 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2011
The pizza sauce joke is getting old. It is very annoying, I really hope the MC shares his piece of mind to her sister, cook for himself, or remove it completely. -_-

I hope we get something more troublesome, where they will deal with something that will span 2 or 3 episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2015 6:34 AM
May 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
Pretty good episode, although certain jokes are starting to get repetitive, no matter how funny they might be. Had that same feeling when I watched Little Busters season 1 before. =/

Either way, the obligatory baseball episode was still good, seeing Nao & co using their respective powers to overcome their opponents was effective. Poor Takajo, will he ever be able to control his powers eventually? XD

If the rumour's are true, then this series will start to get the ball rolling from the 6th and onwards. So only one episode left before hopefully Yu will grab Ayumi's pizza sauce jar and chucks it into a nearby rubbish bin. ^^;

I hope so.
Jul 26, 2015 6:45 AM

Mar 2013
The comedy feels so forced that it ain't funny anymore. Yeah the MC's imouto is cute, I get it but repetitive jokes used are repetitive.
Really the first ep was the best but then the anime started to go downhill after it. The MC was also shafted away during that. Had it been focused on him, I think it could've turned out better.

About the game, Nao and her team didn't need to resort to such situation if Yuu have taken over the pitcher's body during the pitching. It could've easily won that way but nah, we have to stretch the episode >_>

Also I'll prefer Misa over Yusa. But how come Misa is the only one possessing Yusa's body? There has to be other spirits besides her... And is she able to possess her anytime anywhere or is it just random?

I'm still wondering how Nao is carefree about talking about using their powers in public. Does that mean all of the students in the school knows about it?

The only thing that interests me in the series is that helper lol
Jul 26, 2015 7:05 AM

Jan 2014
Bah Yusa is annoying... such cringeworthy moments TT_TT
Misa is awesome though!

A bit suspicious ending, I wonder what Nao wanted to see or do while Yuu was out >->
Jul 26, 2015 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
Bad episode. This is ridiculous. The more I see this Anime, the more I realize just how bad it is. God, I only think it's going to get worse. The horrid jokes, the bad characters, the done-to-death cliches. Yep, perfect recipe for disaster.

Then again, I should expect nothing less from the same maker as the trainwreck that was Angel Beats.
Jul 26, 2015 7:50 AM
Jun 2015
If the MC just took over the pitcher while he was pitching they could have scored how much ever they wanted... :/
Jul 26, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2012
some pretty decent comedy moments in this episode, but if they keep using the same joke its gonna get old pretty fast
Jul 26, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2015
[quote=Yuu_vi_Britannia]
icecoldskin said:
It is quite interesting. As for what Yuu_vi_Britannia said (the stuff about the left and right), I think that the left line refers to Yuu while the right one refers to Nao's brother-- "continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."

both refer to Yu.
For each phase of the anime.

Maeda said that Yu going to develop a lot over the story.
Left: "The boy confronts fate, even if he loses something precious,"
Right: "The monster continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."

just from that picture i got excited
Jul 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
Enough with the pizza sauce gag already, it's starting to even make my stomach hurt. Love the show, but plz can we have plot now?

Charlotte = Angel Beats

Misa > Yusarin

Let the imouto's meet already!!!

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blueray release?

Drobot - Oct 5

6 by Kradaxe »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.