Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2014 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode's mood got dark. Yui apparently seems to be alive but not conscious. Timeline fits far more of the future in their world this episode.

Also, Kaori isn't wasn't there at first but does appear later seemingly that Yui was able to intervene although she herself suffers.
Stark700Nov 29, 2014 4:06 AM
Nov 29, 2014 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
Seriously? Did Kaori just trip over a fucking toy?
removed-userNov 29, 2014 4:53 AM
Nov 29, 2014 5:04 AM
Jun 2011
so wait this episode showed the future when they masure or they showed the past before the acsident?what timeline this episode take in
elior1Nov 29, 2014 6:14 AM
Nov 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
What the fuck dude, like nigga let go already lmao.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
Omgomgomg, awesome!
So Yui = Kaori in new body? And it happened second time (I mean that experiment), and this time it was failure ?! Or it is jus the same like for the first time (I think that it is the same situation, but now maybe it happened earlier because they had first Yui under investigation ) ? So sad!

Ps, this is one of the best anime in this season for me, top 3 for sure.
Ps2 this show has ending song of season, beautiful.

elior1 said:
so wait this episode showed the future when they masure or they showed the past before the acsident?what timeline this episode take in

Lol it is rather obvious that this is the same timeline, where Yui was sent back in time for the first time. Listen what Nagisa said again. She found her in her room after accident, and she was dead (I don't know whether it is good word for describe it), this is the reason why she officially 'transferred'
rsc-plNov 29, 2014 10:51 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 29, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2013
Time Leap episode?
Nov 29, 2014 10:33 AM
Oct 2012
How many times indeed?

Great episode, ties together so many things hinted at previously, but still leaves a couple of the big questions unresolved but fully addressed so that you know that the writer has thought about them, and there have been a couple of very intriguing hints.

I am very curious about the origin of the AI Unit since that is the thing needed to resolve the time paradox, Sou ascribing it to some mythical origin is sort of fine, but I have hopes that the writer has bigger ambitions (right Hiro?).

Gotta say it again, best animation of the season, at least if ranked by the animations ability to get you to think about what is happening and what could happen. Hard to believe this is all from a VN, the animation team deserves kudos for trying (and so far succeeding) to make this more interesting.

Really looking forward to seeing how this is going to clear up, we are going to get another gym scene, since I think is where the course needs to be diverged. They also still need to explain the tie switching (since now we know that Yui will have at least 2 attempts it now makes things clear).
Takuan_SohoNov 29, 2014 10:37 AM
Nov 29, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2013
Now we see what happens after the accident. Everybody is trying their hardest to save Kaori. It was great seeing many of the tie-ins from the future. Sucks we didn't get to see much Kenny in the future.
Nov 29, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
Now we know how Yui came to be.......reset.

Now that still leaves us as to how Airi got that cube and who really created Yui?
Nov 29, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
So Future Kaori (read: Yui) was sent back to (what appears to be unintentionally) maintain the timeline? With the same directives of orders given to her by Akiyama, will we see a different result? Or will Hasekura Airi finally muster the courage to confess to Sou, and end the time-loop that way, by just letting sleeping dogs lie.
Nov 29, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
So it was future Sou that Yui was talking to .. how many times did this happen now?

Nov 29, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
This episode was pretty much a confirmation and clarification of the theory regarding Yui. The only interesting thing I didn't realize is how Yui was originally an artificial Kaori. That might explain her attraction to Sou. But aside from thaat not much this week. 3 more episodes to see if Kaori can ever truly be saved...
Nov 29, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
This anime is so underrated ...
Nov 29, 2014 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Now we finally understanding what is happening. So Yui is actually a future Karoi in new body.
Nov 29, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2014
Its amazing how every character is a genius in this anime now.
Nov 29, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2011
Now we know how it all started. It's sad that both Airi and Sou are shackled by the past. That's about 10yrs+ of holding in your feelings?

It's surprising to find out Shiori's job. Was there any previous mentions to her occupation?

y123y said:
Its amazing how every character is a genius in this anime now.

Airi always got top marks in class. Sou just put dedication and effort to finding a method to save Kaori.
Nov 29, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
L3gEnDaRy said:
This anime is so underrated ...

Well...... It had that really good episode 1. Then episodes 2-7 were extremely boring SOL episodes (with a few hints).

This anime would have been better off as a movie
oooo3333Nov 29, 2014 12:50 PM
Nov 29, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
This is like a really bad Steins;Gate
Nov 29, 2014 1:08 PM

Feb 2014
Wow lots of answers to lots of questions and so interesting. Now only 2 mysteries remain. Where did the AI Unit cube come from and who created Yui? (Although we see Sou theorize that Shiori somehow creates Yui later on in their future since Shiori went to Europe to study artificial brains. Not a bad theory.)
Nov 29, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
After the repetitive episode of last week, this was a massive step in the right direction, even if it does raise various questions.

First of all, if making Yui was impossible in the future then how did she travel back in time from the future of the episode 1 timeline to the start of the 2nd timeline (which ended last week)?
And what's with the AI unit? Where and how did Nagisa get her hands on it in the first place?
Nov 29, 2014 1:52 PM
Oct 2012
danieltortoisee said:
First of all, if making Yui was impossible in the future

Yui wasn't "impossible in the future", she was impossible in the present, but knowing that she existed was what allowed the time to invent her in the future. What is the question though is her consciousness, that should have been impossible, and it was what prevented the team from transporting Kaori's consciousness into Yui's body. So there is a paradox there that hasn't been explained......yet.

danieltortoisee said:
then how did she travel back in time from the future of the episode 1 timeline to the start of the 2nd timeline (which ended last week)? And what's with the AI unit? Where and how did Nagisa get her hands on it in the first place?

The AI Unit generates a quantum field that allows quantum time traveling (not true time traveling because you do not go back in your time line, but it does allow you to travel back in time of a parallel time line). That is how they were able to send Yui back in time from the future of episode 1 to the beginning of the second parallel universe (your timeline 2), and will let them send her from the future of this second parallel universe to the start of a third parallel universe.

4 or 5 episodes back they mentioned that there are 10 (or 11) parallel universes in quantum physics, so this experiment can be repeated.

Now how Nagisa got her hands on the AI Unit is another paradox, since it is what allows the future to send Yui to the past, which in turn is what allows Nagisa to now that it is something amazing.

So that is another paradox there that hasn't been explained......yet.

I stress yet because I think they have given us a hint on how it will be explained. The hint was this episode and was a throw away line that made us think of one thing (2) as oppose to the real answer (4).
Nov 29, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2009
Queen of Fiveheads still reigns
Nov 29, 2014 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
interesting episode and we back to point 1 :0
Nov 29, 2014 2:13 PM

Dec 2011
A rather decent episode that had a lot of answers... finally... although after so many episode I more or less figured everything out...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 29, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
Was nice to see this piece of the ''future'', but it kinda sucks that everybody just ''gives up'' because they think that if the past changes that the present also will change.
Nov 29, 2014 3:12 PM
Oct 2011
ahahhahaahahha we all knew this was going to happen I skipped like 4 episodes just to reach this point LOLOLOL
Nov 29, 2014 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
I like how the AI unit's origin is left unexplained and I hope it will never be explained. That's why scifi is awesome., you gotta leave space for people to wonder.
Nov 29, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
We have the technology. We can fix it. I love this anime.
Nov 29, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
Much of the plot was explained in this episode, I felt it went well fast, I expected it to be the development that was presented, but I liked the explanation
Yui is sent back to the past and last few episodes should focus on story about the rescue again, I'm very curious now ..
Nov 29, 2014 4:05 PM
Oct 2012
Rawrdaysgoby said:
ahahhahaahahha we all knew this was going to happen I skipped like 4 episodes just to reach this point LOLOLOL

Of course, it was made clear in the first episode, hell I predicated as much back on October 4th
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1282819#msg34896159

Bragging about skipping 4 episodes is nothing to brag about. This series has always been about the journey, not the conclusion.
Nov 29, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
So we finally understand everything... so that's why Yui immediately knew who Sou was when she opened her eyes.

Anyway, this episode was super rushed, but I guess that was to be expected. Lol, I think it's interesting how Sou, Airi, the Mom, and Kenny all suddenly became super geniuses in the biomedical field after Kaori entering vegetative state.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 29, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
I still have two questions:

1- Yui is a artificial human with an AI, right? Can someone please explain how they created such a thing?

2 - What was that ghost from a few episodes ago and why does it look like Yui?
JGChavesNov 29, 2014 6:35 PM
Nov 29, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
And the time loop continues...

I wonder what's next. I didn't read the VN so I don't know, but what's more to say next. The ghost is still unclear. I think it's because of the time paradox that Yui leaves, but that's robably not true.
Nov 29, 2014 5:12 PM
Oct 2012
JGChaves said:
1- Yui is a artificial human with an Ai, right? Can someone please explain how they created such a thing?

They didn't create it. They duplicated what they learned from studying the original Yui to recreate an artificial Kaori, but then something happened when they tried to transfer Kaori's consciousness and Yui's consciousness spontaneously generated. This points to something else going on, something that hasn't been explained yet, though they have been dropping clues like crazy as to what this.

JGChaves said:
2 - What was that ghost from a few episodes ago and why does it look like Yui?

My guess?
Nov 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. We finally come full circle. Well I guess its now how does Yui make it happen this time. I'm also curious on how they will even bring about making the multiple worlds that must have diverge merge now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 29, 2014 6:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ah, finally this show is concentrating on the main plot. A lot of confusions were cleared this episode, but it also created some new questions.

As predicted, Yui is artificially created and was sent in the past with a directive to save Kaori. Since she's like a saving point, unless Kaori is saved, she'll continue to appear in the school.

Very curious about the AI Unit and the very first Yui. Hope we see the original of both later on.

Good episode. Until now, this show has been pretty boring and thus became underrated. Wished it focused on the main story all throughout from the beginning.

Nov 29, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
Well gotta give props to Sou for actually sacking up and becoming some sort of scientific genius. Plus he's the only one who figured out that there was a time paradox. He's literally soloing this shit now since he figured it all out.

Guess the remaining episodes are going to show the next attempt at breaking the loop and most likely succeeding.

Takuan_Soho said:
Gotta say it again, best animation of the season, at least if ranked by the animations ability to get you to think about what is happening and what could happen. Hard to believe this is all from a VN, the animation team deserves kudos for trying (and so far succeeding) to make this more interesting.

lol. wat? you shitting me?
Nov 29, 2014 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
That was a quantum leap in plot progression. Kaori gets hit and then everything fast-forwards like crazy... Although to the point this is a fairly good representation of how their lives went. They were going slowly and all the things mattered, then once Kaori was hit their lives became mono-directional, focused on Kaori. (i love the idea of incredible scientific advancement done for the sake of the love for an individual who is beyond reach, it's a beautiful thing)

Unfortunately there was a lot of technobabble and their quantum physics was inaccurate, that's not the point! It is still intellectually played, and i've liked how the "unusual new girl" trope got a full justification. Something odd happens and they just come accustomed to it without thinking to really investigate into what it all means despite it's mystery.

I knew this was coming from the get-go. Even with all of the casual slice of lifey stuff there was definitely something odd going on.
There was the cube thing which just kinda showed up occasionally, and Yui who appeared outa nowhere but nobody really investigated how or why... Not to mention seeing Kaori in a pod in the opening every time.
The story was definitely bigger than it seemed, and it left the mystery cooking for a while which i found to be a really cool and uncommon way of approaching it. I respect this anime for taking it's time to unveil it's mysteries, although it did jam-pack a bit much into one episode... We shall see what happens from here on in. I'm curious how they'll solve the paradoxes.

This is definitely one of the anime i've been anticipating the most throughout the season.
GenesisAriaNov 29, 2014 7:46 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Feb 2012
Okay, things are coming to light. They're making sense now.. But there are some technical aspects that are still a bit cloudy.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 29, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
such timeleap, much homunculus, wow

I like this ED better
Nov 29, 2014 11:03 PM
Mar 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

wut u smoking bruh animation/quality is real bad.

Also butchered art compared to the VN art.

TyrelNov 30, 2014 3:16 PM
Nov 29, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
VGFACTCHECKER said:
Takuan_Soho said:

wut u smoking bruh animation/quality is real bad.

Rotfl at you.

Animation is pretty good for me too.
I can complain about PP2 animation for example, they are using shitty full 3d models everywhere which is looking awful , but what is wrong with animation in this show? O. O
TyrelNov 30, 2014 3:16 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 29, 2014 11:47 PM

May 2013
Finally, the things connects now. But theres still questions and how will it end in the last 3 episodes.

Its amusing that the three girls from the Computer Club is now part of the research. And Yui is an artificial copy of Kaori. Make sense.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2010
llcruz said:
This is like a really bad Steins;Gate

The visual novel fixes exactly this. jfc
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 30, 2014 12:37 AM

May 2013
Sou still won't give up on Yui. I admire him for having the strength to still keep up the hope.

A lot of things were finally explained this episode. Sou becoming a doctor who specializes in brain studies to help and save Kaori from her coma. That black cube is related to Yui in some sort.
From what I've seen, this will just be an infinite loop of time. Everything won't change unless they save Kaori from that accident. Time traveling just made it all possible.
Nov 30, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
Glad I stuck with this show. I've enjoyed the journey but I want my quantam theory now plz. Those VN shots look lovely, btw
Nov 30, 2014 5:00 AM

Nov 2012
Gosh they're going to far an annoying character as Kaori.
Nov 30, 2014 5:23 AM

Nov 2009
This ep. uses one nice OST from the game (briefly)

Nov 30, 2014 8:38 AM

Dec 2009
VGFACTCHECKER said:

For an anime, it kept the VN art pretty good actually. We still have a ways to go before most animation can have enough production quality and efficiency to better represent a VN's level of art detail, without being ufotable or something. Simplified enough to be workable.

asdlolxd_ said:

Annoying or not, if someone you really loved got stuck into a permanent coma, you'd do whatever you could do whatever you could for them, even more so if you didn't have a direction in life before then.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 30, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
GenesisAria said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

For an anime, it kept the VN art pretty good actually. We still have a ways to go before most animation can have enough production quality and efficiency to better represent a VN's level of art detail, without being ufotable or something. Simplified enough to be workable.

asdlolxd_ said:

Annoying or not, if someone you really loved got stuck into a permanent coma, you'd do whatever you could do whatever you could for them, even more so if you didn't have a direction in life before then.

Yeh i meant in the viewer's point of view ofc ibut it still irritates me xD can't help it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

125 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.