Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 30, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
Ahahahaha...ahaha..haha..ha... *while popping bubble wrap*

That's about it. The PM's always been fishy so I'm hardly surprised with this development.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2014 10:14 PM

Mar 2013
America's greatest hero... is a care bare.

And how they managed to do that scene without making a gurren lagann reference, I will never know.
fstJan 30, 2014 10:26 PM
Jan 30, 2014 11:09 PM

Dec 2009
This show is so ridiculous and unpredictable, it's so damn fun to watch for me :D
Jan 30, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
Got some Tiger & Bunny vibes from this episode.

Note to self: Hum the Star-Spangled Banner whenever you need to calm yourself. Also, I need a gif of that Mister Justice home run immediately.
Jan 31, 2014 12:37 AM

Jul 2012
That is what I was waiting from this show!
Danm, what a great plot twist, if they manage to build up a solid plot using this episode potential, this is going to be amazing :D
Jan 31, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
I need to know what Mari yelled at Moe. Just so I know how much I need to despise Mari.

On a positive to that, the Moe/Mizuki train is FULL STEAM AHEAD now.

Also, regarding the Prime Minister plot twist, it's getting awfully Metal Gear Rising up in here, and I love it.
Jan 31, 2014 1:11 AM

Jun 2012
This twist is more entertaining than the last ones we've gotten
Jan 31, 2014 1:40 AM

Dec 2011
This is the first ep in a couple of weeks since the shift that I have laughed at, when he started singing the national anthem it got me..

I don't really think it was that big of a plot twist since this being some Hollywood setup has been a theory out there for a while and I think the way they dragged it out and executed it wasn't that great..i Like the govtment being behind it and this ep was pretty good but the eps before it really fell flat on comedy and action and it seemed like some poor power ranger knock off.. I wish they would've taken it a little bit more serious and foreshadowed it a bit more.
grumpytoastJan 31, 2014 1:43 AM
Jan 31, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
What's the point of that Beyond Flamenco being the exact look alike of Hazama?.. heck what's the point of him appearing and committing suicide minutes after his appearance?.

okay that drilling scene reminded me of TTGL

hahaha that guy humming the national anthem of America was funny as hell

so they will put politics in this... we'll see how it will go
Jan 31, 2014 2:12 AM
Jan 2014
First kamen rider, and then super sentai....and after that end will it be back to kamen rider theme or maybe it's better if Ultraman or Godzilla next....
Jan 31, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2009
Saeedpoppa said:
I must say, I love the prevalence of foreshadowing in this anime, the writing in this anime is superb and these twists are totally not pulled out of the writer's ass in a desperate attempt to keep viewers watching and excited.
/Sarcasm

You not seeing the foreshadowing doesn't mean it wasn't there. I bet you trust your government and believe everything you see on the news too.
Jan 31, 2014 6:16 AM
Mar 2010
And just like that, when I was hoping for some twincest the bro is already dead. Nah, I'm kidding about the twincest.

And I never liked the minister in the first place.

Welp, now we know that all the monsters were made by the government so we're still in reality folks! One thing's cleared at least.

But wow, what now? I just want to keep watching to see what more can happen.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 31, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
This was a very great episode, I'm glad I stuck with this anime, everyone here is really desperate and probably dropped it by episode 7. But their loss anyway.
Jan 31, 2014 9:19 AM

Mar 2013
Another unexpected plot-twist. This show has me on edge. I hope that Masayoshi is not captured, amazing episode!
Jan 31, 2014 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
YoumuKonpaku said:
Saeedpoppa said:
I must say, I love the prevalence of foreshadowing in this anime, the writing in this anime is superb and these twists are totally not pulled out of the writer's ass in a desperate attempt to keep viewers watching and excited.
/Sarcasm

You not seeing the foreshadowing doesn't mean it wasn't there. I bet you trust your government and believe everything you see on the news too.

Yeah, there was some foreshadowing implying that the Prime Minister was up to something fishy, but that he had superpowers and was working with From Beyond?

Besides, what does this have to do with my trust in the government? Or lack thereof, contrary to your assumption.
Jan 31, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
Saeedpoppa said:
YoumuKonpaku said:
Saeedpoppa said:
/Sarcasm

Yeah, there was some foreshadowing implying that the Prime Minister was up to something fishy, but that he had superpowers and was working with From Beyond?

Besides, what does this have to do with my trust in the government? Or lack thereof, contrary to your assumption.

why do you want all your punches telegraphed?
Jan 31, 2014 11:04 AM
Jun 2012
Still waiting for Masayoshi to go Super Saiyan.
Jan 31, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2011
NOOO not the Flamengers!!!! Flamen Blue NOOOOO!!! Prime Minister was behind everything from the beginning.

If the series end with Masayoshi and Goto fighting each other to the death. I will cry
T_____T
Jan 31, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
Oh damn. I don't know what to say.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 31, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
Saeedpoppa said:
YoumuKonpaku said:
Saeedpoppa said:
/Sarcasm

working with? I'm not sure you paid any attention this episode LOL
they were MADE UP, the same happened with mister justice. During wartime he was made to fight monsters and such, which happened to be fake, in order to distract the people from real issues.

It's kind of funny, because this is VERY similar to whats happening with viewers of the show. All the ridiculous sentai stuff was what caught everyone's attention, so much so that sometimes they missed pretty obvious foreshadowing along with the underlying themes of the show...hahahaha
idontwannapostJan 31, 2014 1:22 PM
Jan 31, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 2011
It's like their trying to salvage the Alien plot by dragging film producers into it and making it a government scheme. Still doesn't explain the massive leap in technology though.
Mister Justice was pretty hilarious, hope he has a few more lines in this show.
Jan 31, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
haganbmj said:
It's like their trying to salvage the Alien plot by dragging film producers into it and making it a government scheme. Still doesn't explain the massive leap in technology though.
Mister Justice was pretty hilarious, hope he has a few more lines in this show.

The idea that the government hides all this high tech stuff (with potential for destruction) from the public is not new.

But yeah, mister justice is probably my favorite singer :P
Jan 31, 2014 2:06 PM
Feb 2010
PrimeX said:
What's the point of that Beyond Flamenco being the exact look alike of Hazama?.. heck what's the point of him appearing and committing suicide minutes after his appearance?.

His whole speech. It's delivering a message to the viewer- Hazama is as silly and stupid as King Torture or the people of From Beyond. He will never achieve nor amount to anything, and is basically a manchild thinking about world peace he will never be able to create. He's useless. And what better way to tell him that than another useless person? Even his whole anticlimatic and gruesome death delivers that message.

Also, scripted by the government and whatnot. It's usually commonplace to have doppelgangers in sentai shows, this being no different.
Jan 31, 2014 6:08 PM

Sep 2012
At episode 14, I thought "this show can't get worse". But BAM! Episode 15 was actually worse! Now I think it can't get worse than this.
Jan 31, 2014 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
I have to say... for an American, Mister Justice has flawless Engrish.

jimjameswhatever said:
Saeedpoppa said:

they were MADE UP, the same happened with mister justice. During wartime he was made to fight monsters and such, which happened to be fake, in order to distract the people from real issues.

It's kind of funny, because this is VERY similar to whats happening with viewers of the show. All the ridiculous sentai stuff was what caught everyone's attention, so much so that sometimes they missed pretty obvious foreshadowing along with the underlying themes of the show...hahahaha
Hmmm, I don't know why you guys are trying to say that there was foreshadowing for anything... it's like you're under the impression that the series is automatically bad if there's no foreshadowing for things. I'm pretty sure there wasn't any foreshadowing that in episode 7 the series would randomly get gruesome and have illogical Guillotine/Gorilla humanoids chopping cops' heads off. I'd say 90% of this show's appeal is in its randomness and almost mocking attitude, if it had all the foreshadowing you guys seem think it has to have I'd say this show would be pretty shitty.

If anything I'd say this show specializes in foreshadowing one thing, and unexpectedly doing something completely different.

Also, From Beyond may or may not actually be from space, but I'm confident that it wasn't "made up" or "fake"... whether they were who they appeared the fact is they were out there slaughtering people and wreaking havoc, and almost destroyed Tokyo. Not to mention, all that technology and weird humanoids was too impressive to just be a bunch of gimmicks in my opinion. Then there's also the Masayoshi clone. And the crater impact on Flamen Blue...
HalibelTheEspadaJan 31, 2014 7:09 PM
Jan 31, 2014 7:10 PM

May 2012
lol the rating is just getting lower and lower. The twist in this episode actaully explains alot of the illogical things that happened in the older episodes, to bad no one is taking the show serious at this point.
Jan 31, 2014 7:22 PM

Dec 2012
"The entire ordeal was a sham, a fictional storyline, with Hazama Masayoshi at its center." Yep that seals the deal, this series isn't coming back to planet Earth. At least Mister Justice was amusing and SF can still throw in interesting ideas to ponder, albeit it's still a sack of shit.
Jan 31, 2014 7:55 PM
Oct 2010
Is mister america really how japan sees the USA? haha
Jan 31, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
This show has turned to such shit.
Jan 31, 2014 10:53 PM

Jan 2011
J053PH said:

but at least we got Destroyman..
Jan 31, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
I have to say... for an American, Mister Justice has flawless Engrish.

jimjameswhatever said:
Saeedpoppa said:

Hmmm, I don't know why you guys are trying to say that there was foreshadowing for anything... it's like you're under the impression that the series is automatically bad if there's no foreshadowing for things. I'm pretty sure there wasn't any foreshadowing that in episode 7 the series would randomly get gruesome and have illogical Guillotine/Gorilla humanoids chopping cops' heads off. I'd say 90% of this show's appeal is in its randomness and almost mocking attitude, if it had all the foreshadowing you guys seem think it has to have I'd say this show would be pretty shitty.

If anything I'd say this show specializes in foreshadowing one thing, and unexpectedly doing something completely different.

Also, From Beyond may or may not actually be from space, but I'm confident that it wasn't "made up" or "fake"... whether they were who they appeared the fact is they were out there slaughtering people and wreaking havoc, and almost destroyed Tokyo. Not to mention, all that technology and weird humanoids was too impressive to just be a bunch of gimmicks in my opinion. Then there's also the Masayoshi clone. And the crater impact on Flamen Blue...

I meant fake as in it wasn't what it seemed to be. But you're right, good point about that. You're right though, in the earlier episodes, there wasn't any foreshadowing as far I can tell about what would happen later. But c'mon there were plenty of clues that hinted you couldn't take these the situation to be serious, even in the context of the show. Similar to what evil-flamenco said, none of this makes sense, although in different ways. Like what was the deal with jouji and the PM hiding a gigantic flamenco base and whatnot when king torture was still around, but magically happen to have one ready when KT died? And given that we now know that the PM was behind From Beyond, it all pretty much comes together...remember the From Beyond introduction video that was hacked onto the television networks? Remember how campy and cheesy they were? Well now we have any idea why.

Oh and to those who watch kill la kill
idontwannapostJan 31, 2014 11:49 PM
Jan 31, 2014 11:55 PM

May 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
Oh and to those who watch kill la kill

Too ironic for my tastes, especially when that was rather well-received in Kill La Kill and this isn't coming out too well for Samurai Flamenco.
Feb 1, 2014 12:45 AM
Jan 2013
Damn that mister justice lol. When I first saw him I thought, "freak, they are gonna make masoyoshi go to America to be a superhero and fight 100000000000000 bad guys! Flamevengers?!?!"

Prime minister packing some power O.O

Hopefully they will bring goto, flamenco girls, and the professor into the story more now that this flamenger thing is done.
mcvanFeb 1, 2014 12:54 AM
Feb 1, 2014 2:00 AM

Mar 2010
AqworldThunder said:
PLOT-TWIST

I'm really not sure how this anime is going to end.

I agree ,and wow this show has become more interesting now!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 2:04 AM
Jan 2013
so all this WTF is finally explained. From beyond were mutants created by the goverment created as a way of confusion.
this turned into some kind of NWO parody. Making a lot of confusion 9/11, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan to create dystopia system.

so we had jump from kickass to power rangers and now we have dark knight returns/watchmen(heroes prosecuted by the goverment)
Feb 1, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2011
So the twin is nothing more but a plot device. *sigh* Well, if you can foresee what could happen next, then what you're watching is not Samurai Flamenco. And I hope this isn't just a dream. Too much plot progression to be just a dream.
Feb 1, 2014 4:13 AM
Jan 2011
So, I'm guessing that the prime minister is 'From Beyond."
Feb 1, 2014 9:22 AM
Jan 2013
Nasty001 said:
So, I'm guessing that the prime minister is 'From Beyond."

Sure looks like it.
Feb 1, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
And now from Sentai, we have American Superheroes.
I didn't know what they would plan on doing after defeating From Beyond, but damn, now the government is involved. Good fun.
Feb 1, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2008
Why kill Ishida Akira's character? I can't comprehend this...
Feb 1, 2014 1:10 PM
Oct 2008
...the hell is wrong with this show?
Feb 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Feb 2012
sayami said:
Why kill Ishida Akira's character? I can't comprehend this...

He's only an "interface," whatever that means. But I have faith, since all this time I knew the story behind From Beyond would rear it's head eventually, and it finally did.

I'm sure when the time comes (very late, in usual flamenco manner) the reasoning will arise. He seemed to have no will to live, for one. Also, he hinted to Masayoshi that the reason why he's also named flamenco will soon reveal itself...this show just has a bad habit of overestimating people's patience LOL
Feb 1, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, I really didn't expect things to end up like this. I mean, it was pretty obvious that the Prime Minister was evil since the villans before From Beyond.

Laughed so many times during this episode. It's fun and can be serious too. I don't care if most people hate this show. I don't.

mistress_kisara said:
A lot of masochists in this thread, they keep saying the same thing c'mon drop the show already..

^
Feb 1, 2014 4:06 PM
Aug 2012
lol And the mindf*ck continues. Still enjoying the show anyway. 10 episodes to go, lets see what else they can still come up to.
Feb 1, 2014 9:55 PM
Aug 2012
And. Everything.Comes.Full.Circle.

I've been making posts about the episodes for a while now and have been noting this one big point. One of the biggest, if not the biggest points of subtext in this series has been media consumption and it's effects on people. Since episode one it has been one of the undercurrent themes. Celebrity, mass consumption, tv shows, fiction, idols, models and media. It was all foreshadowing.

Bravo Samurai Flamenco. Brav fucking O.
Feb 1, 2014 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
DarkGeneral said:
I've been making posts about the episodes for a while now and have been noting this one big point. One of the biggest, if not the biggest points of subtext in this series has been media consumption and it's effects on people. Since episode one it has been one of the undercurrent themes. Celebrity, mass consumption, tv shows, fiction, idols, models and media. It was all foreshadowing.

^ THIS. Glad I'm not the only one who was noticing this~
Feb 2, 2014 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
katsu044 said:
J053PH said:

but at least we got Destroyman..

The only thing that can save it now is a neko heroine.
Feb 2, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
DarkGeneral said:

^ THIS. Glad I'm not the only one who was noticing this~

same. is the average anime viewer too stupid to see stuff like this? it's not even complex at all...
Feb 2, 2014 4:47 AM
Oct 2011
I just want them to wrap up what KING TORTURE left behind..

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 2, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2010
Was gonna drop this for the weird turn it took, but I'm glad I didn't as I really want to see how this ends up now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.