Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 30, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BOOM. And just like that, his bro was shot. I'm somewhat surprised about that.

Action felt flat like though. What's with the parachutes lol. Well at least they got some praise from the public I guess. I'm not fond of that guy with the blue mask though.
Jan 30, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2013
Holy Plot Twist Batman! I just noticed Comedy is actually a genre now (or was it always there?). I don't feel so bad for laughing my ass off now. "It's still safer than a New York intersection." Truer words have never been spoken. Lol at the National Anthem in the car. But in all seriousness, I didn't expect the bro to be shot off the bat like that and the Prime Minster to have freaking super powers, creating a crater in the floor fighting Flamen Blue.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 30, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2009
I have no idea what's going on, but this twist was hilarious for once.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 30, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2013
Wow everything turned for the worst for the heroes. That damn prime minister. I knew there was something shady about him.
Jan 30, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
From one craziness to another XD

Actually liked Masayoshi's twin guy. He was pretty damn BA ^^

Dat Justice is such a BOSS! Too bad he was caught.

Well again, shit got real for the hundreds ep in a row lol

Still waiting for Goto's gf -.-
Jan 30, 2014 11:36 AM

May 2012
Oh my goodness what a plot twist with this one. They really outdid themselves this time. I was also really surprised how they used references of propaganda and mass media as well as a superhero from America to deliver a message.

I am definitely glad the nonsense was over, now we know what the nonsense was for. Everything about From Beyond seemed stupid from the start just because it was staged.

Still one wonders if we really had to go through about 7-8 painful episodes before getting here.
Jan 30, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2010
Everything's going bonkers.
Jan 30, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2012
Marow said:
I have no idea what's going on, but this twist was hilarious for once.

OK this is what I think is going on.

1. Masayoshi's parents must have been involved in something.
2. Government got them killed for a reason.
3. Grandpa decided to train him to love superheroes so that he can find out the truth about the death of his parents and get revenge.
4. He became a vigilante superhero and caught the attention of people, making him popular among them.
5. Alien invasion staged by the Japanese government so that they can make use of superheroes to boost their approval ratings.
6. Things did not go as planned since Masayoshi decided to screw up their expedition plan. However, they already planned to frame Masayoshi from the very beginning.
7. Some grand conspiracy between governments of the world with superheroes as their slaves at their disposal.
8. Something fishy with the Japanese Prime Minister of course.
9. I see a greater world evil to come.
Jan 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
Japan prime minister is the overall bad guy... can't say I ever liked him but I really didn't see that coming.

Samurai flamenco the king of plot twists! Its also finally back to the feel of the first 6 episodes as well
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jan 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
Hahaha what?

This show is so fucking horrible
Jan 30, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2010
i'd rather watch mister justice's anime than any more of this shit.
Jan 30, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 2013
I told you guys it'll be one amazing show, and it is. Totally bonkers stuff that should be watched by everyone.
Jan 30, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
Prime Minister is Goto's GF. Calling it now.
Jan 30, 2014 12:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've said before, Samurai Flamenco can be many things, but predictable it is not. Anyone else expected a Captain America knockoff to appear and save Flamenco from a Japanese government conspiracy? Driving a trailer with the Stars and Stripes on the side of it and humming the American anthem?

I have no idea what's coming next...LOL
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2014 12:43 PM
May 2013
"I'll ask America to drop a bomb on it"

lol
Jan 30, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2008
This episode left me speechless.
I don't know what to think anymore.
This shit is just... random.
Jan 30, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2012
I was seriously wondering what the hell was going on in this episode even more than usually...
The bro commited suicide, a new weird hero and them being arrested? lol
That justice beam was somewhat funny too xD

I was thinking of dropping after this episode but after the weird plot twist, guess will go on with it oO
Jan 30, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
i just.... what?...

i don't even know anymore. anything can happen next.
Jan 30, 2014 1:04 PM

May 2010
Marzan said:
I've said before, Samurai Flamenco can be many things, but predictable it is not.

but that does not necessarily mean its good for the plot and story of a show.

to me it looks like the ppl behind Samurai Flamenco are trying to implement "unpredictable plot twists" for unpredictability#s sake just to mix things up and make the show more exciting for the viewers.

the problem is that this doesnt always work out like intended and instead the plot becomes a hard to follow and hard to explain mess.
Jan 30, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
PLOT-TWIST

I'm really not sure how this anime is going to end.
Jan 30, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
Out of the pot and into the fire. LOL. The Japanese Government is behind this after all! My goodness. I am loving the ridiculousness of this show too much. Ahahaha.

Now that the Flamengers and other guys are down... I really wonder how Masayoshi can battle the government now? Hopefully this leads to how his parents were killed or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 1:59 PM
Sep 2012
Holy, fuck, it's the anime version of Cabin In The Woods! I did not see that coming, but it /kind/ of follows the theme of what the show was trying for before Guillotine Gorilla. (Kinda?) I agree with sentience, though; if they hadn't dragged out From Beyond so long it would have been a lot better.
Jan 30, 2014 2:12 PM
Sep 2011
sentience said:
Oh my goodness what a plot twist with this one. They really outdid themselves this time. I was also really surprised how they used references of propaganda and mass media as well as a superhero from America to deliver a message.

This is what stood out to me the most as well. This episode took several jabs at the superhero business such as the Samumenco doppergänger pointing out how inherently pointless the efforts to bring world peace and world domination respectively are as goals that no one will ever be able to achieve and Mr. Justice presenting it as means to distract the citicens from actually important matters by letting them indulge themselves in fictional fantasy worlds.
Jan 30, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Mister Justice is so hammy. Adding "America Saves the Day" trope to the list.

So I guess the moral of the story is government is manipulative, and will thus do anything to get votes. Not that it's hard to guess, as that's every day life. It has to be realistic somehow.
Jan 30, 2014 2:21 PM
Feb 2013
MISTER JUSTICE
When things were just about to mellow out
Jan 30, 2014 2:30 PM
Aug 2011
Having this many plot twists and this high level of unpredictability do not make a show good.

Marston said:
Prime Minister is Goto's GF. Calling it now.

Would give this an instant 10/10.
Jan 30, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2007
Stark700 said:
Well at least they got some praise from the public I guess.
You really do have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, do you. Pretty much the entire second half of the episode was dedicated to showing how the public turned against them after the From Beyond incident and this is what you say.
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 30, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
Wow I had actually considered at one point when From Beyond showed up that it was all some government ploy, but I dismissed it at the time thinking it was too stupid of a plot twist and was hoping they actually had something better for turning this show upside down. Nope I was wrong, Now I'm just gonna watch to see what's gonna happen with Gotou.
Jan 30, 2014 3:07 PM
Feb 2010
parfaited said:
Having this many plot twists and this high level of unpredictability do not make a show good.

Yet having all of them be consistent and make sense is another thing entirely, and it's a thing Samurai Flamenco manages to pull off beautifully. It's not an illogical, poorly written romp, but a competent and incredibly good rollercoaster.
Jan 30, 2014 3:32 PM
Jul 2013
Well, ended up with From Beyond's bow, now follow the Japanese government conspiracies and the appearance of Captain America. This series has no originality.

Know: http://i61.tinypic.com/zu1h1v.jpg
Jan 30, 2014 3:33 PM
Aug 2011
Zatrox said:
parfaited said:

Yet having all of them be consistent and make sense is another thing entirely, and it's a thing Samurai Flamenco manages to pull off beautifully. It's not an illogical, poorly written romp, but a competent and incredibly good rollercoaster.

Well... i'll just say that if we went to an amusement park together then you and I would end up choosing completely different roller coasters.
Jan 30, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2010
Back to the old days of being chased, but for different reasons this time.
Jan 30, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2009
There's a plot twist in every single episode now. This is worse than Code Geass.
Jan 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
LOL this was hardly a plot twist.
There were several obvious clues involving the prime minister being super fishy every time he got screentime

so no, not really random at all :P
Jan 30, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Ladies and gentleman...THIS is what I call a plot-twist!
Jan 30, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
Lololo Mister Justice from America got in.

Also the prime minister is on some Rambo stuff.
Jan 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
I must say, I love the prevalence of foreshadowing in this anime, the writing in this anime is superb and these twists are totally not pulled out of the writer's ass in a desperate attempt to keep viewers watching and excited.
/Sarcasm
Jan 30, 2014 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
I had my theories before now (especially since this is from the same studio that did Ergo Proxy which is a fact that everyone just seems to have ignored) but now I'm pretty sure that this anime isn't what we see at face value. Masayoshi's second "hero award" and another transgression into hero stereotypes leads me to believe that Masayoshi becoming a hero is important for way more reasons than, well, just saving the world. I'm really excited to see how it all comes together, although the fact that the last villain shared his face and talked about "ending the phase" (before the sentai phase really did end in favour of American superheroes) makes me think that none of this is actually happening, and may in fact all be in Masayoshi's obsessive and heavily delusional head.
Jan 30, 2014 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
And suddenly, in the second half, SamuMenco became great once more.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Jan 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Dec 2007
A lot of masochists in this thread, they keep saying the same thing c'mon drop the show already..
Jan 30, 2014 6:12 PM

Aug 2011
I was wondering how this show was going to be after all this Sentai Arc, and again this show punched me directly on the face, and this punch is called PLOT TWIST. But this time was even more Twist than the others.
I didn't like the Prime Minister since the first time I saw him, but THIS, I didn't see this coming.

I really don't know what to expect next.
Jan 30, 2014 6:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The Prime Minister always seemed fishy to me, especially how when he was first presented, he nodded at everything other's said. But then he slapped Kaname a few times...who does that? This guy just got way more annoying. Poor Flamengers.
Jan 30, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
I'm getting a Truman Show meets Watchmen vibe from this twist.

We're kind of getting back to the normal, "on the run vigilante hero" style except with way bigger stakes this time. I wonder if he'll be hiding out with Goto next?
Jan 30, 2014 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
Woot! More and more plot twists. What a wicked PM, and looks like the public is quick to turn against their heroes too.

His evil twin died fast...
Jan 30, 2014 6:53 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Samurai Flamenco: The Hard Life of an Hero

I wonder how in the world this show will end.
Jan 30, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Damn , the plot twist caught me off guard. No matter how crazy this show is , I do believe at the very end it will become something that is worth watching.

Laraid said:
Samurai Flamenco: The Hard Life of a Hero

Welp , that's nice.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 30, 2014 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
"Because he is the hero that Japan deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Samurai Flamenco."

man, they're doing this too? how much more comic hero trope should i take? oh yeah.. YES!!
Jan 30, 2014 7:41 PM
Mar 2012
A nice twist, but pretty damn predictable. Still waiting for this series to go all Gurren Lagann on us
Jan 30, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
argilium said:
"Because he is the hero that Japan deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Samurai Flamenco."

man, they're doing this too? how much more comic hero trope should i take? oh yeah.. YES!!

THIS.
I thought the exact same thing haha
Jan 30, 2014 8:15 PM

Feb 2012
alexpte said:
A nice twist, but pretty damn predictable. Still waiting for this series to go all Gurren Lagann on us

apparently not predictable enough for most, based on the responses so far lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.