Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The first half was suffering, but damn that 2nd half.. It felt great!

Looks like Bunny has a new suit! ;_; I can't afford to buy more figurines! xD

Maverick touching Kaede was a BIG mistake! Maybe she can undo all the mind rape...
ZepwichAug 20, 2011 11:00 AM
Aug 20, 2011 12:39 PM

Nov 2007
fuck yeah at the ending! Wild Tiger time! also fuck yeah when Lunatic showed up.

man I knew the old black guy would help him out. scared me for a sec when was driving Kotetsu around.

betting money the fake Wild Tiger is just some android. how coincidental is it Kaede touched Maverick? maybe she can help undo the mindfuck? about time she realized her father was a hero though. I wanted Lunatic to place a arrow right through the head of that stupid fake Tiger.

I was hoping Blue Rose would remember, she or Rock Bison would have to be the most likely to remember him.

still going with the pin as the thing to help Bunny get his memory back, it has to have significance. you'd almost forget Tiger was losing his powers, even with minimal use here he shows he's not an idiot and showed great skill eluding the other heroes.
mystikAug 20, 2011 12:44 PM
Aug 20, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
WAAAA!!!! SOOO AMAZING!!! Now I have to go to work! My mind is blown, NEXT ep. is going to be awesome!
Aug 20, 2011 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Stop doing this to me, T&B. Stop making me so excite for the next episode. I already watch this show religiously, stop turning me into a lifeless husk for the majority of the week.

A BIG sigh of relief when Ben still knew who Kotetsu was, damn!
Aug 20, 2011 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
I thought this show shouldn't be this great but I was wrong. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 20, 2011 2:19 PM

May 2010
Wah.... The Hulu release was only half-subtitled...will have to wait till it's fixed or I can find a fansubbed version....

Ben had Tiger's old uniform? I'm sure he'll be happy to get back into his old classic suit! And it's cool that Lunatic can figure stuff out. Though I'd be interested to know how he figures helping Kotetsu escape is the "just" thing. (I want him to flame Maverick!)

And yeah, I'm also thinking the new Wild Tiger is some robot.

Zepwich said:

Maverick touching Kaede was a BIG mistake!

I'm hoping that he doesn't know who she is...I don't see why he would. He hasn't seen a picture of her, right? But I really freaked out when he touched her head. I was like "GET YOUR *&$(%&)$*% HANDS OFF HER!!!!"
IceAndCreamAug 20, 2011 2:22 PM
Aug 20, 2011 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Chalis said:
I already watch this show religiously, stop turning me into a lifeless husk for the majority of the week.!

This is me every week as well, Tiger was awesome this episode ^.^
Aug 20, 2011 3:41 PM
May 2011
Zepwich said:

Maverick touching Kaede was a BIG mistake! Maybe she can undo all the mind rape...

AW SHIIIIIIIT! I honestly didn't even think that far!
All I was worried about while watching the scene was 'holy shit please don't know she's Kotetsu's daughter and hold her hostage'.
But WOW, I'm sure she'll do something to save the day in the end with Mavrick's power.

AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Lunatic is so awesome. I really hope he isn't the antagonist in the end of the series and gets himself killed.
He's so cooool. ;_____;
I'm worried he'd get his ass kicked because at the end of the opening you can see him getting whooped by Tiger and Bunny's good luck mode. Hope that's all just for the opening and has nothing to do with the series itself.
/cries.
Aug 20, 2011 3:53 PM

Mar 2009
Man, those missing subs on Hulu were really a pain. Not too much was lost in terms of dialogue but I might have to download a fansub to see what I missed.

This episode turned out to be better than I expected. I figured Ben would at least recognize Tiger and everyone who guessed Lunatic would help out was dead on. It's good to know that even if he is an anti-hero he still has a sense of justice. It was also nice to see Wild Tiger back in his original suit. The stage is set for an epic shown down between the rest of the heroes and Bunny. But if this follows the usual anime tropes everyone will most likely stand down and let the two "former" partners duke it out. And they'll probably discover that the fake Wild Tiger is little more than an android. (Yeah, I'm going to say that theory seems plausible given how the fake behaved in this episode.) Or not, T&B has been full of wonderful surprises. I really hope that Kaede being touched by Maverick (and gaining his powers as a result) has some interesting significance. Like reversing said brainwashing and restoring those original memories.

I'm now confident that the story with Maverick will be tied up within four episodes but the whole thing with Ouroboros probably won't be. I could see how a second season might be possible if they want to tie up the plot completely.
Aug 20, 2011 3:55 PM

Jun 2010
epiklow said:
Zepwich said:

AW SHIIIIIIIT! I honestly didn't even think that far!
All I was worried about while watching the scene was 'holy shit please don't know she's Kotetsu's daughter and hold her hostage'.
But WOW, I'm sure she'll do something to save the day in the end with Mavrick's power.

AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Lunatic is so awesome. I really hope he isn't the antagonist in the end of the series and gets himself killed.
He's so cooool. ;_____;
I'm worried he'd get his ass kicked because at the end of the opening you can see him getting whooped by Tiger and Bunny's good luck mode. Hope that's all just for the opening and has nothing to do with the series itself.
/cries.

problem is that kaede has no control over her powers much less does she know which power it is. still, im totally excited for how this plot will unfold hehe
tittycakesAug 20, 2011 4:10 PM
Aug 20, 2011 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
Well, I really liked this episode. Everyone who knew the truth about Kotetsu came into play.

Kaede definitely has Maverick's powers now so all she has to do is avoid touching another NEXT and we're set.

I was wondering who the fake Tiger was and I think everyone is right - it probably is a robot.

BEGINNER
Aug 20, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 2011
Oh shit Kaede what are you doing?
Aug 20, 2011 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
God damn, I'm sorry but the original blue suit is just too badass, I've always liked that better than his green one anyway. But Bunny's upgrade looks awesome too.

I also bet this fake Tiger is a android, but the previews did show the original green armor suit, so I'm wondering if he will get his green armor back or if its another fake.

Ans WTF HULU, half assed subs are half assed.....smh
Aug 20, 2011 5:34 PM
Mar 2011
I was also concerned after hearing there will be a second season, cause that mean possibly not concluding this arc. But there is enough loose ends for second season so that they can wrap this arc up cleanly
Aug 20, 2011 5:36 PM

Sep 2007
Yes badass Tiger is back §
FUCK YEAHHHHHH !
Aug 20, 2011 6:19 PM

May 2009
It took awhile, but I'm glad Kotetsu was able to figure out that he was being framed and who was doing it. As many predicted and wanted, Lunatic, Ben and Kaede came to help. But for all of this to come together in the same episode was pretty exciting. Good thing Maverick doesn't seem to sweat the small details, otherwise he would've known who Kaede was and would've had her apprehended. Haha. Oh well. The next episode is looking pretty good. Can't wait.
Aug 20, 2011 9:09 PM

May 2007
As expected, obvious holes in Maverick's plan. I wonder if they will ever explain why he didn't think that far ahead or if it will just be left up to viewers to assume he didn't think it all through.

The heroes have seen Wild Tiger's general facial structure and he is wearing a hero band. And he has the 100 power. These clues are pointing to something weird and I don't like that the heroes didn't stop to think about that.

I was disliking the show for the past few episodes, but depending on what Maverick was intending with all this I might still say I like the first season overall. It's gonna take a really good ending for that though.
Aug 21, 2011 12:55 AM

Aug 2009
I finally thought up how this series could still end in a sad Sunrise-y way. You know how when Barnaby noticed a discrepancy his memories just blew up in his face leaving him with very little that makes sense.

So, with all the heroes mind wiped, once they realise the flaws, their own memory banks concerning Kotetsu might get jumbled too.

So, last scene of the series:

Antonio walks up to Kotetsu and says, "Well, I guess we should start somewhere. My name is Antonio Lopez, nice to meet you Kotetsu."
Kotetsu nods, "Well met."

And so it repeats through all the heroes as they begin to rebuild their forgotten friendships, but what was lost, could never be returned as it was.

So, at least that way it would be bittersweet. Think of all that lost time the most valuable thing in the world.

Now that I am done being a sop... onto watching lighthearted Gintama.
Aug 21, 2011 5:59 AM
Jun 2008
Deleting every information about Kotetsu from the internet...
is that even possible?

omg, can't believe Kotsetsu can do spiderman !!! non-powerup Kotsetsu is so powerful, that wire thing is T.T

I bet the fake wild tiger is the professor Saito. The voice sound like his lol
Aug 21, 2011 6:59 AM

Nov 2009
It was the first time I was glad to see Lunatic. And the ending simply Epic! He's gonna make them remember the real Wild Tiger!

I only hope Kaede won't get herself taken hostage...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 21, 2011 9:42 AM

Feb 2009
The old Wild Tiger suit was brilliant, I didn't see that coming! Thank goodness that Maverick doesn't know much about Tiger's history/private life, Tiger's old manager and Kaede are going to be his saviour for sure. (together with Lunatic because he knows)
Aug 21, 2011 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
The big problem is, his daughter probably cant return the memories to nexts, because maverick touches people when altering their memories (well, that glowy ball thing).. unless she can retain the power after touching, she'll only have one next cured (I guess bunny)
Aug 21, 2011 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
oh my good that man is really degenerated i mean the hell ?

and kaede why did you go out there alone crazy girl XD

and lunatic was like wao he isn't your average hero but he does the work XD
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 21, 2011 10:31 AM

Jan 2010
Exciting episode, though I hate seeing Tiger suffer during the 1st half. Hopefully the whole situation will be resolved in the next episode.

Also, did anyone felt like Keade finding out that Wild Tiger is her father a little bit too anti-climatic?
Aug 21, 2011 11:22 AM

Aug 2011
HELL YEAH!!!
that ending was just to EPIC!!!
felt sorry for him in the first half of the anime, up until the part when he met ben, it just kept on getting more epic for kotetsu!!!
And nice to see lunatic being the good guy!! :p
Aug 21, 2011 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
AWESOME episode!
Aug 21, 2011 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
I'm curious who is the Wild Tiger impersonator...
Aug 21, 2011 2:17 PM
Nov 2010
purplepaws said:
I'm curious who is the Wild Tiger impersonator...

probably just a robot :)

man next week feel so far away.
Aug 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2011
Best episode EVER! Was it just me or was Tiger really, really awesome in this episode? <3
Lunatic was pretty marvelous as well this episode.
Kaede is gonna get in trouble, that's for sure. Probably get kidnapped aand be used as bait for something.
Aug 21, 2011 3:20 PM

Jan 2010
I must admit enjoying the episode, even though I still don't like how the story got to this point and the ridiculous premise (well, the Maverick Jedi Mind Trick shit anyway).
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 21, 2011 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
Must share AWESOME MOMENT (Awesome Fanart)

I love you Lunatic, You anti-Hero with a VERY strong sense of Justice

and Yeah, Kaede is probably going to learn to control Maverick's Power and reverse his brain washing.
kaimaxAug 21, 2011 7:54 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 21, 2011 6:18 PM
Jun 2011
Spiderman, Spiderman. Does whatever Kotetsu can!
Aug 21, 2011 7:44 PM

Jan 2010
I thought this anime went to hell after trying to resurface the Ouroborous plot, but I was severely wrong. I see how everything fit together and I can't believe at how well it actually made itself turn out this way. Shit is just about to get epic as fuck. Calm before the storm people.
Aug 21, 2011 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
fluttershy said:
Since when could Origami walk through walls?

No, he used his powers to turn into the "Warning Poster". Take notice of his "glow".

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 21, 2011 11:16 PM

Jan 2011
He almost had Blue Rose convinced there. At least she didn't shoot him. Since Lunatic is a judge and on the inside, he had access to deeper information about the heroes. Obviously he remembered who Kotetsu really was. Looks like Kotetsu's attempts to keep his family and work lives separate was a good thing.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 22, 2011 12:50 AM
Aug 2011
Wow! One of the best episodes ever aside from Tiger and Bunny thrashing down Jake! I must admit that the ending for this season might possibly become very complicated and grim because Kotetsu's villain is their boss, Albert Maverick, and toppling him is like destroying the founder of hero industry itself. The consequences of bringing down Maverick will then be bad and costly. For one, there might be no hero tv in the future since Maverick's would be scandal would topple down prospects for televised heroes. Consequently, many people including heroes and candidates enrolled in hero academy would lose jobs in Apollon TV and other job prospects due to numerous sponsors backing out of the company. Finally the hero image (more importantly the image of NEXT) will be in fact scorned by the people of Sternbild City if they will really see Maverick's heinous acts. I hope that what I think would not end up with Tiger and the rest of the heroes regretting that they bring justice to Sternbild City from Maverick's manipulative crimes at a very exorbitant cost.
Aug 22, 2011 3:00 AM

Nov 2009
God I love this show !

I'm really impressed with the plot so far. We must have 2nd season for T&B !
Aug 22, 2011 4:38 AM

Jan 2010
Lunatic .... he made something useful for once =D

The last part was epic ... all the heroes jumping from the helicopter
and Tiger in his old suit =D

& i dont understand why the fake tiger doesnt speak ... i mean the real tiger is noisy as hell but fake one is silent ... and i have high expectation that its a robot but at least speak!
Aug 22, 2011 6:23 AM

Jul 2011
Brain has yet to recover from the awesomeness of the roof scene, that boss pose.

Seems like the androids are still relevant, looking at that suspicious Tiger.
Voice of Thanatos? Hell yeah, Lunatic delivered.
And Ben is such an awesome bro.

Looking forward to the next turn of events, with Kaede now unknowingly possessing Maverick's powers, the other heroes facing Kotetsu, and confrontation with Bunny in Black version coming up.

Saturday, come soon.
Aug 22, 2011 6:52 AM

Oct 2010
A great episode.
"Boredom is like poison."

Aug 22, 2011 7:46 AM

Oct 2010
I am really sad I can’t comment on this series too much but at least now I will for this episode. This episode got me so T_T at the following,

Kaede finding out about her dad and who he really was brought me to tears . This is truly a dream come true for a fan like me. I always wanted this and it looks like Kaede’s role will finally come true to help her dad in the next episode. Peter Petrelli would be so happy from Heroes! Kaede is a great person that inherited part of the function Peter’s powers are. I especially liked Kaede’s expressions in the spoiler
of whom a blush/crying was quite something.

The other thing was Ben and his huh!? Expression in the following,

Was great along with his cheerful one here. It was great that he helped Tiger and that Marverick missed getting his memory.

• Marverick did a big mistake in the spoiler
    he touched Kaede and she has his powers until she gets another power.
    For how long is the question but pretty sure that Kaede will reverse the memory erasure in the next episode. All will be back to normal and kick Marverick's ass less he has back up too.

• That replacement guy in the spoiler
    is totally wacko! His suit is crazy and I do wonder who he really is. The suit looks really powerful.

• Dragon Kid had a weird expression in the spoiler
    and IMO it does not looks to suit her.

• While Sky High was really cool in the spoiler
    his moves and attacks were really nice and provided some good action.

• This wanted posters of Tiger in the spoiler
    are really well done. So well that it does make me feel bad for Tiger.
This episode was great and all the episode I did comment on were terrific. I love Kaede as a character and her time coming in this series makes me scream out GO KAEDE! GO! Heck yeah Kaede fan here! :D

BTW some stitches I made for fun in the spoiler
but I re-sized them this time
Cydonia said:
Voice of Thanatos? Hell yeah, Lunatic delivered.
Heck yeah! Lunatic was amazing in this episode. He knows like so much that something is wrong and going bad around.
Yumekichi11Aug 22, 2011 7:49 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 22, 2011 8:13 AM

Jan 2011
new Tiger, old Tiger, Kaede coming to town, the gathering of Heroes...

amazing eps
Aug 22, 2011 9:22 AM

May 2011
I’m thinking that as Kaede saw Kotetsu confronting his co-workers on the television, the father-daughter reunion will come sooner rather than later. She’ll probably cause quite a mess, what with all those powers in close proximity for her to copy, and I’m guessing that’s also when Maverick’s misstep of stroking Kaede’s head will strike back at him.

On the other hand, it was so satisfying watching Lunatic giving a hand to Kotetsu. I think the whole house heard me when I shouted in excitement at Lunatic’s arrival. And I wonder did Lunatic burn the fake Wild Tiger? If so, and if he is a robot, won’t Rock Bison, Blue Rose and Origami question why the heck Wild Tiger’s a robot? And seriously Kotetsu, if your a wanted criminal, shouldn’t you at least get out of those conspicuous clothes your wearing lol
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Aug 22, 2011 9:30 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Despite some obvious inconsistencies in the plot and Maverick's "plan", it was entertaining.

However, you have to admit Maverick is such a poor villain mastermind. His "plans" are way too simplistic and full of flaws.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2011 9:41 AM

Nov 2010
That was freaking epic. These last episodes really made me wonder why the show has such a low ranking here...
Aug 22, 2011 11:36 AM
Jan 2011

Good thing that Kotetsu's former manager is around.
Aug 22, 2011 12:57 PM
Mar 2011
epiklow said:
Zepwich said:
He's so cooool. ;_____;
/cries.

I don't think thats Lunatik I think that might either be wild tiger mark 2 or another android perhaps even someone in another power suit.
Aug 22, 2011 1:01 PM
Mar 2011
Wayero said:
As expected, obvious holes in Maverick's plan. I wonder if they will ever explain why he didn't think that far ahead or if it will just be left up to viewers to assume he didn't think it all through.

I think Tyger kept his family well away from his heroic life since that would leave them open to attacks from the villain's he fights as well as anyone annoyed at that property damage he causes!

It would make sense that the only people who'd know were mind wiped since Rock Bison and the other heroes would know a bit about his life even if Maverick wouldn't since he doesn't strike me as the sort to worry about anyone so far beneath his viewpoint.

Well except for say ben who is now a taxi driver and not someone Maverick would consider important!
Aug 22, 2011 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
I bet the fake wild tiger is the professor Saito. The voice sound like his lol
Yeah but how can he fight so EPIC? That fight was amazing!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 22, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode indeed. Yeah they are lots of holes in the plot, but I find this very enjoyable right now. I can't wait to see how Kotesu gets himself out of this mess.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.