Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 9, 2011 12:44 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ending the episode that way... Poor guy... D:

kuroshiroiJul 10, 2011 7:06 AM
Jul 9, 2011 1:21 PM
Jul 2011
That was really a mean way to end the episode... *sniffs*

Jul 9, 2011 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
Not enough Sky High despite it being his episode. Is Bison the last one without a focus episode now, or did Fire Emblem not get one and I forgot?

I wanna know how Tiger's friend knows so much about his powers. Former next, perhaps?
Jul 9, 2011 1:28 PM
Jul 2011
In my opinion, there was enough of Sky High - the episodes about the other heroes (well... except Bison, he didn't have one like you said) weren't that much focused on solely them, too.

Good question... I guess we will get an answer to that soon enough
Jul 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
B'aawww, this is like Fry's dog all over again ;_;
Jul 9, 2011 2:04 PM
May 2011
damn it, i cant wait to actually watch this, gotta find a damn DL for it in 720p
Jul 9, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2010
I want to see Lunatic again next ep!

I hope Sky High never finds out he killed his girlfriend.
Jul 9, 2011 4:38 PM

Dec 2009
Next photo shoot I want demand to see Kotetsu & Barnaby's wardrobes switched. ;D

Also, regardless of how interesting the information is, chatting while your partner is getting his head repeatedly slammed into walls is not cool. :\

IceAndCream said:
I would rather he does. (As hard is it might be for him to deal with, I think it would be worse if he was there, always waiting for her in case she ever came back and/or wondering why she never has. Plus, I just think it would be more interesting. /shot)

Oh, and in regards to Tiger's power problem--FIX IT. FIX IT NOW. My little fangirl heart won't be able to take it if things really start to deteriorate. T_T
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jul 9, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2007
Paiguy said:
Not enough Sky High despite it being his episode. Is Bison the last one without a focus episode now, or did Fire Emblem not get one and I forgot?

I wanna know how Tiger's friend knows so much about his powers. Former next, perhaps?

That or former friend/acquaintance of Legend himself. He might even know the truth but keeps it a secret from Legend's wish or something like that.

Either way, I doubt Tiger will be less of a hero without his powers. In the sense of finding a way to do something given that being a hero is his life next to being a parent.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jul 9, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
Kotetsu-san said:
That was really a mean way to end the episode... *sniffs*

As others have speculated, it's more than likely the chambers in which Barnaby and himself have been using to "rest" in; that Kotetsu may be having his powers siphoned somehow to increase Barnaby's own power. Simple but rare power-degradation would be a possibility, but Barnaby's increased time in this episode seems to confirm this theory.
Jul 9, 2011 7:08 PM

May 2007
Poor Sky High. I got a little emotional at the end there.

Dangerr said:
Kotetsu-san said:
Simple but rare power-degradation would be a possibility, but Barnaby's increased time in this episode seems to confirm this theory.

It wasn't made clear how long their powers were activated so it could still go either way.
Jul 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
I finally hope that this shows people in Sunrise anime, NO ONE is safe from doom....NO ONE lol.
Jul 9, 2011 8:13 PM

Aug 2007
I approve of this episode's use of the penis imagery with the fountain.

Other than that, just enough Sky Hide to tide me over; seeing him sit alone on that bench was so sad! But I'm far more worried about Kotetsu's powers declining. :( The poor guy just can't catch a break.
Jul 9, 2011 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
Imagine Sky High, a week or so later, still sitting there. "Yep, any minute now.:D"

I though I saw a Metropolis reference in there.

My heart is breakin' for poor Kotetsu.
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Jul 9, 2011 8:45 PM
Apr 2011
Sky High ;_;

Also, what's happening to Kotetsu's powers? He's weakened, and his power time has decreased.

Will Kotetsu recover from this? Damn, I never thought something like this would happen.
Jul 9, 2011 9:02 PM

Oct 2009
bwahahachick said:

I thought exactly the same :-B

This episode... wasnt bad at all, at least animation seem better than in 14th; Tiger's weakening power is something really bothering, wonder what's going to happen with him. I want some drama, like- Tiger is back a normal human and Bunny refuses working without him, then some new supervillain appears so the things are getting complicated.

And actually from the all entire 15th episode what excites me the most is the promise of more Lunatic's appearance in 16th. <3
Jul 9, 2011 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
How many people KNEW right away she
(Either that or she was pretending to be Yin and in the wrong anime)

Hmm... Did this episode feel "light in content" to anyone else? Aside from the conversation with Kotetsu after the credits rolled, everything else was Meh.

Also, what penis imagery? That was a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon Fountain!
Archie74Jul 9, 2011 9:46 PM
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jul 9, 2011 10:08 PM

Jul 2009
He's probably gonna loose his power, spend time with his daughter, find new resolve because of her, get either a new power or an improved hundreds power.
Jul 9, 2011 10:37 PM

Aug 2008
Zepwich said:

exactly what i was thinking

sky high! (dang disney movie is giving me some unwanted? comparisons)
Jul 9, 2011 11:02 PM
Jun 2008
wtf with those kids reporter in the first row
Jul 9, 2011 11:20 PM
Jun 2011
bwahahachick said:

Indeed.

My bets are that the black dude used to have Hundred Power as well, and his wore off. Not believing the whole 'power-siphoning conspiracy' theory.
Jul 10, 2011 12:32 AM
Nov 2008
she reminds me of Dorothy from Big O
Jul 10, 2011 12:36 AM

Sep 2010
Nooooo as predicted, kotetsu is losing his powers. :( I'm also not buying the power-siphoning theory - I don't see any evidence of this (for one, they don't even show them using the resting chambers regularly as one would expect if this was important to the plot).

Bunny was much more "normal" this episode, less deredere and flowery (thank god). Thank you Sunrise for the fanservice. hurrrrr 8D;;;

Archie74 said:
Also, what penis imagery? That was a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon Fountain!

LOL!!!
Jul 10, 2011 12:50 AM

Mar 2008
Also, what penis imagery? That was a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon Fountain! [2]

Is it just me or the old man that runs Hero TV seems to be Legend? It would make sense if he lost his powers.

Poor Sky. He only gets the spotlight to suffer...

Don't want Tiger to loose his powers. Let's see how they deal with it.
Jul 10, 2011 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
wow poor Sky High .... he finally gets out of his depression for "love" and it ends up like that? I suppose it's best he didn't know the truth....

and speaking of depressing, just as things are getting better for Tiger, his powers are running out? awww noooooooo.

depressing episode. need some Rock Bison time soon.
Jul 10, 2011 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
sky high ....
i feel bad for him
Jul 10, 2011 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
DAMN SKY HIGH!! =[

Jul 10, 2011 2:59 AM

Feb 2009
:'( Poor Sky high!

btw, I lolled when they tried to pronounce the title of the next episode 'The truthz lie.. -can I try that again?'
Jul 10, 2011 3:17 AM

Nov 2009
Oh no, Kotetsu can't lose his powers, right? He's MC of this show! Actually, Bunny is OK too, but Kotetsu is the main appeal of the show! And if he's forced to quit being hero and live like just a normal human being, without his powers and outside the heroes world, he will just... I don't know, there's a chance he won't be able to handle a blow that heavy... So I'm assuming there should be some way to get his powers back, right?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 10, 2011 4:40 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode, but very sad all the way through.
Sky High...feel so bad for him.
Tiger...feel so bad for him.
Fantastic plot and twists. Raised my score from a 7 to an 8.
5/5
El Psy Congroo
Jul 10, 2011 5:27 AM

Nov 2008
LadyBolet said:
bwahahachick said:

So it wasn't just me.xD

and I thought it's because of my perverted mind and i was just imagining things... but now i see i'm not alone xDDD

Archie74 said:

THIS!!!
Jul 10, 2011 6:10 AM

Feb 2010
Paiguy said:

For 15th only this.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 10, 2011 6:21 AM

Aug 2008
What a way to end an episode. Kind of bitter, sad. I feel for Sky High, he's always so honest and straightforward guy, he deserves something nice, not this. :(
I'm even more worried about Kotetsu, his powers... I really don't want them to decline.

bwahahachick said:
This. Also, I lol'd at Sunrise Bunny fanservice.

Greatly entertaining episode. The show hasn't even once let me down which is why I love it. Preview looked promising, too. Rock Bison episode wanted sometime (soon?).
Jul 10, 2011 7:47 AM
Nov 2007
Poor Sky High ;____; Why do the good guys always suffer. Everyone else had a happy ending to their episodes. Just Rock Bison and Fire Emblem left now.
I feel like we didn't learn enough about Sky High's past and all that this episode though.

Kotetsu's power really is dying out. And this time, it didn't seem like he had extra strength either D:
The taxi driver is quite knowledgeable. I wonder who he really is.
Jul 10, 2011 8:16 AM

Oct 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:

Kotetsu's power really is dying out. And this time, it didn't seem like he had extra strength either D:
The taxi driver is quite knowledgeable. I wonder who he really is.

yeah,IMO, i think he had the same thing happened to him =/
Jul 10, 2011 10:35 AM
Sep 2009
I am going to throw some science into this.

Someone previously mentioned the strain 100powers would put on the body, which is probably why they put a time limit to not make it OP or have too devastating side affects. If you think about it, every time you use your muscles they tear a little and then they grow back but bigger and a bit better. Every time Bunny & Tiger use their powers they are in fact, getting a lot stronger. Now Tiger's been doing this for a lot longer than Bunny so it should have put tremendous strain on his body. I think his powers are being shut down by his own body till it finds a way to cope with the stress or it'll give him a new power/additional power to cope.

Wow I left a lot out and that still is a ton.

Also, in response to the power sucking from Bunny, Bunny has never been shown being powered up more than five minutes nor being stronger.

Another possible theory. If you ever read YYH, Kuwabara's powers went dormant and changed and got stronger in response to his spirit sensitivity sensing problems ahead which would require a lot more power on his part. Same thing for Tiger? Maybe a new and even more powerful villian will appear? That woman that served Jake was never captured and we never found out more about Ouroborous.
Jul 10, 2011 10:41 AM

May 2010
IceAndCream said:

I really really hope it to ! It would break his giant heart !
I dont want to see the cute sky high sad =(
But its really hard killing the person u love without knowing...
but it was something he had to do so... its best he doesnt know...
Jul 10, 2011 11:21 AM
Aug 2009
Archie74 said:

Jul 10, 2011 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
paperbomb said:
BUNNY SERIVCE! though no origami service, I am disappoint

I don't see how Sky-High managed to fall in love with a girl who barely even talked to him, still depressing none the less. Poor Kotestu is losing his powers and still can't read english :'(

Why the fuck did bunny just stand there and let Kotestu get battered? he didn't even glance at him.

also:
bwahahachick said:

The real tragedy of this episode is how Keith illustrated his despair and insecurity. Inquiring as to why he could fall in love with such a 'person', he was seeing her as someone he could project his troubles and fears on to, though the terrible irony being, that she's basically an emotionless doll whom could never empathize or comprehend his troubles; only utter basic responses, which truly shows how lonely he really is. I'm really happy in the way they handled this, as they easily could have had Cis hint Keith off her true identity when he "kills" her, causing a cheap emotional dilemma. Instead, they opted to keep him and everyone else in the dark as to what truly happened; everyone except the viewer, that is - making it all the more painful.
Jul 10, 2011 12:46 PM

Jan 2010
My reaction during the whole episode

Also, it seems like Tiger is losing his powers......
Jul 10, 2011 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
Zepwich said:

Ehm, no. Just no.
That Futurama episode was fucking sad, but this shit in T&B was just stupid. Sky High is retarded, how can you not see that she was a robot?!
Jul 10, 2011 1:08 PM

Oct 2008
Hakkuei said:
Zepwich said:

Ehm, no. Just no.
That Futurama episode was fucking sad, but this shit in T&B was just stupid. Sky High is retarded, how can you not see that she was a robot?!

As I mentioned in my post, I believe it's because he's very insecure and disillusioned; he saw Cis as a person to project his feelings upon, with her "seemingly" meek and timid nature, when in fact, she's just a blank slate. This is Keith's flaw; he assumed she was listening to and helping confront his problems. Though, to be fair, he had no way of knowing it was a robot, as it seems androids of her quality were unheard of yet. And even if he had, the last place you'd expect a modern marvel of technology would be sitting in the city park - it would be easier to just assume that she's a shy, or socially-inept individual.
Jul 10, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
tomunio89 said:
LadyBolet said:
bwahahachick said:
So it wasn't just me.xD
and I thought it's because of my perverted mind
Me too XD...Kinda glad to see that I am not the only one *hehe*

Of all the people, Sky High had to fall for her and on top, had to kill her? That's so sad. As much as I love drama but I hope he doesn't find out. It would literally crush him T.T
He could move on without knowing right.

Oh boy the fanservice ♥.♥
Tiger's power is decreasing? I am guessing it will remain dormant and come back later again (If this doesn't happen then I will seriously cry!). Maybe he will take a leave from work and meet his family during that time--> I so want this to happen♥
I miss Barnaby and Tiger fighting.
The driver and Tiger must have an important history. Family friend or maybe someone who raised him/trained him?
Jul 10, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2011
The creators were trolling in this one. D: Poor Sky High and Tiger.
I feel bad for Tiger, instead of spending time with his daughter he's stuck doing stupid photo-shoots and interviews. I really want to see him spend more time with his family.
Jul 10, 2011 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Archie74 said:
!

It was obvious she was a robot immediately really. That cut off way of finishing her words, Yin still talked like a human and her eyes weren't' white open staring in the emptiness like that.
Of course that is not very flattering about Shy High's ability of comprehension.

Damn, poor Kotetsu. Not only he will lose his job but for someone like him that loves saving people like that it will be really hard. For him it was really something he loved a lot. Welcome to unemployment Kotetsu. Time to save some money before you lose your job.
Jul 10, 2011 3:53 PM

Oct 2010
Damn it Tiger is losing his power I didn't see that coming O__O..

Also Lunatic will appear next week yay!!

Jul 10, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2009
Archie74 said:

Hmm... Did this episode feel "light in content" to anyone else? Aside from the conversation with Kotetsu after the credits rolled, everything else was Meh.

I did. She seemed so obviously one. And yeah what Penis imagery? You make me wanna go back and check.
Jul 10, 2011 4:40 PM
May 2011
CG said:
Oh no, Kotetsu can't lose his powers, right? He's MC of this show! Actually, Bunny is OK too, but Kotetsu is the main appeal of the show! And if he's forced to quit being hero and live like just a normal human being, without his powers and outside the heroes world, he will just... I don't know, there's a chance he won't be able to handle a blow that heavy... So I'm assuming there should be some way to get his powers back, right?
hey dude its anime, even the main charecters are fucked, ive seen plenty of shows where the main charecter either dies or loses everything special to him, plus remember this is sunrise, no ones safe in sunrise
Jul 10, 2011 4:41 PM
May 2011
norazka said:
IceAndCream said:

I really really hope it to ! It would break his giant heart !
I dont want to see the cute sky high sad =(
But its really hard killing the person u love without knowing...
but it was something he had to do so... its best he doesnt know...
you know it really reminded me of this scene from rahXephon(spoilers)

anyone else get the same vibes except till the ending where theres a completly different reaction
Jul 10, 2011 4:50 PM
May 2011
Masakaki said:
The creators were trolling in this one. D: Poor Sky High and Tiger.
I feel bad for Tiger, instead of spending time with his daughter he's stuck doing stupid photo-shoots and interviews. I really want to see him spend more time with his family.
he can spend all the time he wants with his daughter when he loses his powers, thats saying if he doesnt get the axe, i know that seems highly unlikable but remember there are so many shows that dont seem like theyd do that and then they end up klling the entire cast, though i still doubt kotetsu will die,

i hope he loses his powers and spends time with his kid afterwords and become the father he never could be to his child, barnaby stays kings of heroes, and lunatic dies, thats my dream ending tohugh well just have to see
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.